PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Dishonored > The Knife of Dunwall
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-17-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
Askeroth

Makeshift Achievement Guide

I’m not good at this, so pardon me for not using proper names for the characters and targets you meet. I know people on here like professionally written guides, and I’ve seen a lot of people get insulted by people for not writing them correctly, but I figure a guide is better than no guide. It took me around nine hours to get these achievements, but I took my time and looted as much as I could.

Just Business 15
You got the information you needed from the Rothwild Slaughterhouse

Just finish chapter one and it’ll unlock. If you’re going high chaos, you can interrogate and kill the target or rescue the “labor leader” upstairs and get a mission from her to blow up the factory. If you’re going low chaos/no kills, knock out the target and take him to the interrogation chair, opting to ship him away in a package when given the prompt. Blowing up the factory may count as a kill against you, so avoid that route if going for Cleaner Hands.

Well Connected 10
Purchase all of the Favors in The Knife of Dunwall

There are only five favors – three on the first level and two on the second. You can afford to buy upgrades before level one in addition to the three favors and still have enough to buy the two favors on the next level if you just loot what you see as you go through the level.

No Regrets 35
Complete The Knife of Dunwall in High Chaos

Just play on the easiest difficulty and run through the story killing as many people as possible. There are only three levels, so it’ll only take a few hours even on your first playthrough. Just save often, as the enemies still pack a decent punch early on, especially if you get surrounded by pistol officers.

Redemptive Path 35
Complete The Knife of Dunwall in Low Chaos

Whisper Ways 40
Complete The Knife of Dunwall without alerting anyone

Cleaner Hands 40
Complete The Knife of Dunwall without killing anyone

I’m lumping these together because I figure most people will go for all three at the same time. Again, play on the easiest difficulty. You’ll want to get all of the favors and be thorough in your looting, using the void eye power to search for charms and runes. Upgrading your sleeping dart capacity is a priority, as is your stun mine capacity once you loot the blueprint. You should find the blueprint by using the favors and unlocking chests, but you won’t need the mines until chapter three. I also upgraded my dart launcher’s accuracy and range, and kept myself fully stocked in ammunition. I had money to spare and spent it on other upgrades, but you can spend it on whatever you feel comfortable with.

For powers, I upgraded blink first and then agility. Agility didn’t really help me much at all, so powers like stop time would probably help you far more. I wouldn’t recommend the assassin summoning power, as I’m not sure if their kills count as your kills. Probably not worth the risk.

The first two chapters are pretty straightforward for anybody familiar with the game. Just be careful as you go through the level, knocking out guards and making sure they don’t fall to their deaths or anything of that sort. Make sure you don’t blow up the factory at the end of level one – take the interrogation route and then throw the guy in the box that your map marker sends you towards. In the second level, you need to meet a prisoner in a house to your right as you enter the second map. He’ll tell you to go to his apartment, which will show up as a map market, and you’ll get instructions on how to get the politician hauled off to a plague camp.

The third level is where things get tricky, as you need to rescue your assassins and each one is surrounded by three overseers – one with a music box. All I can recommend is that you save often, blink high, and shoot your darts to take them down. As with the original game, they’ll only “find” you if their awareness meter turns red and breaks. If you have three white bars, you’re still fine. If you have stop time, as I suggested earlier, this whole level will probably be much easier than it was for me. Your stun mines will also come in handy here, so use them as you see fit.

Rats and Ashes 10
Attach an arc mine to a rat, resulting in a kill

You’ll loot your first arc mines in chapter one, in a building near the time stamp card. I found the best place to get this achievement was towards the end of chapter two, on a high chaos playthrough. Before you get to the boat to meet your contact and receive the information that unlocks the “Missing Pieces” achievement, you’ll see three butchers on the other side of one of those electric walls – one that you’ve probably already disabled by this point. As you walk towards them, you’ll see a handful of rats rolling around right before you get to them. Simply get spotted by them, having them chase you to the rats, and then place one of the arc mines on the rats. The butchers will be killed and the achievement will pop.

Secret Achievements

Missing Pieces 15
You obtained Delilah Copperspoon's identity from Thalia Timsh

Just finish chapter two and this will unlock. If you’re going high chaos, you can just waltz into the house and murder the guy, looting the chest with the will in it after the fact. If you’e going low chaos/no kills, look for the prisoner at the beginning of the second map and go through his quest to pickpocket the politician and then make his house smell like weepers. His house will be partially evacuated after that, making looting the will easier, but the guards still won’t leave and will continue to patrol the halls.

Stone Cold Heart 10
You spoke with the statue of Delilah in Timsh's estate

After you deal with the politican in chapter two – either by killing him or having him get hauled off to the plague camp – simply go up to the top floor of his house and talk to the statue in one of the rooms. It’ll unlock after the conversation.

Message from the Empress 10
You performed a drop assassination from atop the Empress statue in The Knife of Dunwall

In chapter three, you’ll see a giant statue outside of Daud’s HQ. You may have to incapacitate or kill the guards patrolling the upper levels first, as they tend to spot you when you’re sitting on the statue’s head. Once you can sit on the statue without being spotted, look down at the ground and shoot a bolt. One of the lower level guards should run towards the bolt to investigate. Simply jump off and do an air assassination. Save first, just in case you miss.
Askeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The layout may be crude but who cares? Good guide, I'll be sure to reference it when going through the DLC. Thanks for the help.
Next Up: Thief, Infamous Second Son

GT: Thai J
PSN: Thai1226
Thai J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:00 AM   #3
Reel Big Mike

Reel Big Mike's Gamercard
Nice work considering it only came out this morning. Helped me with the 2 statue achs. (the one for the drop assassination and the one you have to talk to). Now all I have left is a "Low chaos/no alert/no kill" playthru and I'll have them all. Hopefully someone will have a good walkthrough for that up by the end of the week.
Reel Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:34 AM   #4
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel Big Mike View Post
Nice work considering it only came out this morning. Helped me with the 2 statue achs. (the one for the drop assassination and the one you have to talk to). Now all I have left is a "Low chaos/no alert/no kill" playthru and I'll have them all. Hopefully someone will have a good walkthrough for that up by the end of the week.
That's what I'm thinking to. I may wait to play this until somebody makes one. The community is usually pretty quick
Next Up: Thief, Infamous Second Son

GT: Thai J
PSN: Thai1226
Thai J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:04 AM   #5
Reel Big Mike

Reel Big Mike's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai J View Post
That's what I'm thinking to. I may wait to play this until somebody makes one. The community is usually pretty quick
Well there's a separate achievement for a High Chaos playthrough. So since you'll need to play it twice anyway, you can just play through the DLC once before you use the video guides, taking in the story and not having to be super careful. That's what I did. I still reloaded if I alerted a bunch of guys since fighting your way through is pretty boring, but I didn't worry about having to sneak around every single person.
Reel Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:09 AM   #6
Askeroth

It's really pretty straight-forward. There aren't any new gameplay features that it throws at you, so if you did the main game, it's just more of the same. The only part that gave me trouble was chapter three, and that's because I spent my runes on agility. Because of that, I barely even used my mana bar, only ever blinking and not using a single mana potion. I think if I can get the achievement under those circumstances, people using slow time should have no trouble.

Last edited by Askeroth; 04-17-2013 at 04:11 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:34 AM   #7
IOnEI Falcon

Any tips for the beginning of the second mission going for ghost and no kills? There seems to be only the one entrance with the electricity wall and there are like 6 dudes walking around it.
IOnEI Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #8
acowsik

Ashwin Cowsik's Gamercard
I beat this today on the PC and did a low chaos/no kill run through and got 9 achievements.. only need the high chaos one..

The 3rd mission was tricky though.. I used the chokedust followed by the sleep darts to take out the guards surrounding the assassins.. that seemed to work wonders for me..

I was unable to do the Granny side objective in the first mission as it involved killing the whale which would have voided the Cleaner Hands achievement. However I couldn't figure out the target for her side mission in chapter 2 though.. any ideas?
acowsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #9
Jaskier

Jaskier85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by acowsik View Post
I was unable to do the Granny side objective in the first mission as it involved killing the whale which would have voided the Cleaner Hands achievement.
It would have not. Putting the poor creature out of it's misery doesn't count as a kill. I did it and the box next to "no kills" at the stats screen was ticked off. Why should it count in the first place? It's already doomed no matter what Daud does.

Jaskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #10
Askeroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOnEI Falcon View Post
Any tips for the beginning of the second mission going for ghost and no kills? There seems to be only the one entrance with the electricity wall and there are like 6 dudes walking around it.
To the left of the wall is one of those police outpost buildings. I hid behind that and waited until one of the guards walked towards the wall of light. I’d choke him and then hide him behind the outpost building where I was hiding. Another would then do the same. Just repeat as needed, and by the time they stop walking over there, you should be able to just go choke out the rest. There were a lot of guards there, but I think there were only four of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acowsik View Post
I was unable to do the Granny side objective in the first mission as it involved killing the whale which would have voided the Cleaner Hands achievement. However I couldn't figure out the target for her side mission in chapter 2 though.. any ideas?
There is a stack of tarot cards in the first floor of that politician's house. You take the world tarot card and then place it at the outsider's shrine, where the weeper corpses are and you find the smelly bag, then bleed on it via a prompt. Take the card again and throw it in the fireplace at the top floor of the politician's house.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #11
IOnEI Falcon

So second mission, second part going non lethal. I found the papers in the abandoned apartment and I am trying to plan the documents on the target. Any advice? At first he is in the lobby surrounded by a bunch of dudes and then he walks upstairs and is surrounded by more dudes, haha! Do we just need to slowly one by one pick them off? Or is there some opportune moment I am missing?
IOnEI Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #12
VeniVidiRici

VeniVidiRici's Gamercard
Quote:
So second mission, second part going non lethal. I found the papers in the abandoned apartment and I am trying to plan the documents on the target. Any advice? At first he is in the lobby surrounded by a bunch of dudes and then he walks upstairs and is surrounded by more dudes, haha! Do we just need to slowly one by one pick them off? Or is there some opportune moment I am missing?
I took them off one by one. It takes a while, but it works. The new type of granates (don't know the english name ^^) helps a bit. If you have enough runes left to activate the time stop ability, it should be really easy.

@ acowsik:
Killing the whale won't void the cleaner hand achievement (as killing rats won't do, too)

Last edited by VeniVidiRici; 04-17-2013 at 10:30 PM.
VeniVidiRici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:09 AM   #13
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I completed on High Chaos. So can I replay mission to get low chaos, without alert and kill anyone achievements or do I have to do them on new game instead of replay mission?
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #14
VeniVidiRici

VeniVidiRici's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheevo360 View Post
I completed on High Chaos. So can I replay mission to get low chaos, without alert and kill anyone achievements or do I have to do them on new game instead of replay mission?
Didn't try it out in the DLC. but in the main game you had to start from the beginning because the replay function was a bit odd.
But since you'll have to play every mission again anyway it won't make a difference for you.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:24 AM   #15
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeniVidiRici View Post
Didn't try it out in the DLC. but in the main game you had to start from the beginning because the replay function was a bit odd.
But since you'll have to play every mission again anyway it won't make a difference for you.
Yeah I understand is ok CHEERS. I just though cos I loot many money and upgraded Blink and health and got lots of Bone Charms. Wish it is save to carry on over another playthrough and I knew Main Game don't have it. I completed and 1000G last October. I just curious if DLC do same or not. I started new game in DLC anyway.
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:08 AM   #16
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Quote:
I went to the assassin outpost/stash on the rooftop with Lurk, the guy (I can't remember his name?) walked out onto his balcony across the way (as Lurk states something like "I'm sure you could kill him from here") and I shot him with a sleep dart, then I went through Roland's apartment to a lamp post and then onto the balcony (looting him counts as swapping papers), then I made my way back across!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeniVidiRici View Post
Killing the whale won't void the cleaner hand achievement (as killing rats won't do, too)
I didn't want to chance it, but I wanted to put the Whale out of it's misery (and mine, because of the bloody annoying noises the beast was making!).

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:43 AM   #17
Minioger

Minioger's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askeroth View Post
To the left of the wall is one of those police outpost buildings. I hid behind that and waited until one of the guards walked towards the wall of light. I’d choke him and then hide him behind the outpost building where I was hiding. Another would then do the same. Just repeat as needed, and by the time they stop walking over there, you should be able to just go choke out the rest. There were a lot of guards there, but I think there were only four of them.

There is a stack of tarot cards in the first floor of that politician's house. You take the world tarot card and then place it at the outsider's shrine, where the weeper corpses are and you find the smelly bag, then bleed on it via a prompt. Take the card again and throw it in the fireplace at the top floor of the politician's house.
Or with Blink level one, just go up the route from the Rune by the water, teleport behind the guard hut on the right, blink to the top of it and then up the wall (there are two small spots you can land on then go up to the top).

No fighting, no being seen.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:05 AM   #18
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Y'know, I found the deck, but it never gave The World card and I pulled several dozen times. I think it's because I didn't have the mission activated...

Where did you get the side mission in the first place?

I never came across a Granny side mission in Eminent Domain (the second level) and I missed a rune because of it.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:11 AM   #19
Askeroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
Y'know, I found the deck, but it never gave The World card and I pulled several dozen times. I think it's because I didn't have the mission activated...

Where did you get the side mission in the first place?

I never came across a Granny side mission in Eminent Domain (the second level) and I missed a rune because of it.
You have to blink onto a balcony in the plaza where you find the district key. I'm afraid I'm not good at directions, but it's on the side that isn't full of police. You'll see one of Granny's hideouts and there's words written all over the wall.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:04 AM   #20
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
You have to blink onto a balcony in the plaza where you find the district key. I'm afraid I'm not good at directions, but it's on the side that isn't full of police. You'll see one of Granny's hideouts and there's words written all over the wall.
It helped enough, thanks.

For some reason I never got the prompt for it until I really examined the shrine.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #21
kinjoking

kinjothetaken's Gamercard
do i have to start a new main game or can i just select the KOD frm the menu? i really dont wanna do another campaign for a third time...

50,000GS - Sniper Elite V2
1st to Leaderboard R.A.W (200G)
60,000GS - RE6
70,000GS - Crysis
80,000GS - Dark
kinjoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #22
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinjoking View Post
do i have to start a new main game or can i just select the KOD frm the menu? i really dont wanna do another campaign for a third time...
Since you state not wanting to start a 3rd playthough I take it that you don't know that the DLC is separate to the main game (accessed via the mission menu).

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #23
MarleyMon81

MarleyMon81's Gamercard
For Cleaner Hands, can I go back through the mission select area for the missions I need to complete? I can't remember how I did it in the main campaign.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #24
Silverballer

Python ACOG ftw's Gamercard
Kills by Assassins COUNT as kill, but you can use them if you go for "Whisper Ways"
Silverballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #25
DGgavin

dggavin's Gamercard
I had to do the last mission 3 times to get "Cleaner Hands" because the freed assassins kept killing guards. If you complete the mission without being spotted the assassins should not attack any guards
DGgavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #26
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Nice guide OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyMon81 View Post
For Cleaner Hands, can I go back through the mission select area for the missions I need to complete? I can't remember how I did it in the main campaign.
I honestly don't know if simply doing mission select will affect it if you've done a high chaos run first as it may start you from that perspective. Ultimately mission select or starting a new game is the same in that you have to play each level from start to finish anyhow. The only difference is that you end up with Daud's monologues too. Just to be on the safe side I just started a new game. If you muck up and somehow someone died, or you got caught and didn't know it (both of which happened to me), on the summary screen at the end of a level you can hit X to replay the mission then to take another shot at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGgavin View Post
I had to do the last mission 3 times to get "Cleaner Hands" because the freed assassins kept killing guards. If you complete the mission without being spotted the assassins should not attack any guards
True, the assassin's will defend themselves if the guards are on alert and going to attack. Best to knock out the guards first before freeing your assassins.

Real Big Mike's Low Chaos thread, posting Red Dragon's videos is helpful. RD has some pretty good tactics.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=453631

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 04-22-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #27
Mc1ovin11

Assassin Corvo's Gamercard
Decent enough guide-anyone familiar with the game should find it sufficient.Really enjoying playing this again-i do hope they are making another follow-up title set in this unique world-great stuff reading all the books you come across which draw you in even more!!
Just completed my 1st playthrough-managed to get low chaos/cleaner hands/whisper ways then went back to a save i'd made to get the drop kill off the statue aswell.I choked and hid every single guard on the 3rd mission then released my assassins just to ensure they did no killing.Really looking forward to the next instalment-The Brigmore Witches-but for now onto high chaos!!!

GT-Assassin Corvo
GAMING SOLVES EVERYTHING!!

Last edited by Mc1ovin11; 04-24-2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Update
Mc1ovin11 is offline   Reply With Quote