Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Ambassadors
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 01:26 AM   #91
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanko View Post
I don't know how I've missed out on this action until now, but I just signed myself up to be a Promotor (as I always have been).

I'll be updating the Guides to Award thread tomorrow morning to reflect the new awards and the "retired" status of Word of Mouth.
Perhaps Word of Mouth can still be awarded if you say sponsor the site on a YT channel with 15k subs? Random thought. XD

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:32 AM   #92
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Perhaps Word of Mouth can still be awarded if you say sponsor the site on a YT channel with 15k subs? Random thought. XD
I like it the way it is now, honestly. As somebody who has it (and has had it since 2009), it's kind of like saying "I've been promoting the site for a long time". It's an OG Promotor award basically.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:07 AM   #93
Corrupt.
Groin Grabbingly Good

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   The Mighty Duck Face   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
I agree Tatanko, reprazent!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #94
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
This is what the referral award is for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #95
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I've put http://www.xbox360achievements.org/ in my Bio & x360a.org in my motto. Do I qualify for something now?

How much is $10 in ?

I'd like to be more involved in the site, if someone could point me in the right direction? Thanks.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #96
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt36 View Post
I've put http://www.xbox360achievements.org/ in my Bio & x360a.org in my motto. Do I qualify for something now?

How much is $10 in ?

I'd like to be more involved in the site, if someone could point me in the right direction? Thanks.
I overviewed your profile quickly and noticed that you might have your privacy settings set to Private or Friends only since at least I couldn't see your bio or motto.

And you did correctly by posting in the Sign-up thread it says in the first post that your post will be deleted after the application has been processed. That is why the thread is empty.

You just need to set your Privacy settings to Public and you should be all set to be an Official x360a Promoter!

Google tells me $10 is about 6.6.

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Old 02-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #97
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
I overviewed your profile quickly and noticed that you might have your privacy settings set to Private or Friends only since at least I couldn't see your bio or motto.

And you did correctly by posting in the Sign-up thread it says in the first post that your post will be deleted after the application has been processed. That is why the thread is empty.

You just need to set your Privacy settings to Public and you should be all set to be an Official x360a Promoter!

Google tells me $10 is about 6.6.
Are we talking on my xbox live account? Should be set to public already?

EDIT: Fixed

Last edited by Matt36; 02-26-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #98
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
I was reading the rules and was wondering, does the 6 month and 500 posts requirement apply also to subscribers?
Old 04-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #99
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta3519 View Post
I was reading the rules and was wondering, does the 6 month and 500 posts requirement apply also to subscribers?
In fact it does not. It's only there to assure the loyalty and trustworthiness of the candidates. Being a subscriber is a good way to show support to the site.

Of course we handle each application individually and there's many things that can affect the outcome so it's still not a free pass to the Ambassador program if you're a subscriber but feel free to sign up!

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Old 04-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #100
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
In fact it does not. It's only there to assure the loyalty and trustworthiness of the candidates. Being a subscriber is a good way to show support to the site.

Of course we handle each application individually and there's many things that can affect the outcome so it's still not a free pass to the Ambassador program if you're a subscriber but feel free to sign up!
Cool thanks I think I will
One more quick question: Do you have to pick between Representer or Promoter? Or is it possible to be both?

Last edited by Delta3519; 04-23-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #101
kaleido42
AFK roughly 1 week

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Cool thanks I think I will
One more quick question: Do you have to pick between Representer or Promoter? Or is it possible to be both?
If out of the goodness of your heart you wish to complete both requirements, no one's going to stop you. You can only apply towards one though, and you'll only get one of the awards.

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #102
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
If out of the goodness of your heart you wish to complete both requirements, no one's going to stop you. You can only apply towards one though, and you'll only get one of the awards.
lol I thought It was kind of a silly question
OK thanks
Old 04-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #103
kaleido42
AFK roughly 1 week

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
lol I thought It was kind of a silly question
OK thanks
No problem. Can't be too silly, it's been brought up once or twice before

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
Closed Thread