PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Silent Hill: Homecoming
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-06-2010, 04:51 AM   #31
Admiral Axtell

Admiral Axtell's Gamercard
I started the game my first playthrough on hard (don't ask why I regret it immensly....) made it to the sewers to the part where there are the three needlers and then the two bigass monsters, I gave up and hadn't touched it for 9 or 10 months til the other day i restarted on normal, i really really like the game when im not getting my ass kicked.

100% Retail (All DLC included):
GUN. Dead Space. Fallout 3.
100% Arcade:
Dash of Destruction. Battlefield 1943.
Admiral Axtell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:39 AM   #32
Mellow Tha Pro

Mellow Tha Pro's Gamercard
the simple fact that people make excuses for the horrible controls boggles my f-in' mind.
Mellow Tha Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:26 AM   #33
SevenJesterHats

SevenJesterHats's Gamercard
i Prefer to play Disney than this....

and i will

SevenJesterHats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:46 PM   #34
TakkunEG

TakkunEG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Most of you are better than me! I quit with 10G - Kill a Nurse! That first group of nurses pissed me off, and what is all this dodge bullshit?

However, after playing Alan Wake (which was a little more challenging than the other SH games, for me anyway), I might pick this one back up again and at least give it another try. It may have been that it was the first game I tried to play on the 360. Maybe I should have cut my teeth on something easier (Fable II was the next game I played and finished it many times, still playing it off and on.)

Last edited by TakkunEG; 02-12-2011 at 07:55 AM.
TakkunEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:57 PM   #35
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The game was frustrating for me too at first, but after I mastered the combat system it's really not that bad. I've completed the game on normal and so far my 2nd playthrough on hard is not difficult.

PROUD MEMBER OF
NUTRITION/EXERCISE QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
TRYING TO MAKE THE GAMING COMMUNITY A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY... EVEN IT TAKES ONE GAMER AT A TIME!
JAW LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:58 PM   #36
el_pieablo

el pieablo's Gamercard
Just beat the game on normal and I think I only died once in the entire game. The controls are ok, and I only had a bit of trouble with the final boss and for that I just fired all my ammo at it. Also I had been stock piling health drinks and First aid so no trouble at all.

The dodgeing also works but its all in the timing. I enjoyed this game, not sure if I can be bothered doing a hard run with the laser gun though....

100K GS 10.06.2011(uk) - Old School - Saw 2: Flesh and Blood

el_pieablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:50 PM   #37
ZebraMuffinX

ZebraMuffinX's Gamercard
Might be a little too late, but to anyone having trouble, remember to run from enemies. This is a horror game, you aren't always supposed to kill everything. And make sure not to waste any health items.
Completed Retail: NBA 2K6, Call of Duty 2, Resident Evil 5 (1000), History Channel: Civil War, MW2, SH: Homecoming, Tetris Evolution, Bioshock (1100), Bioshock 2 (1000), Fallout 3 (1550), Halo Reach (1000), Fallout: NV (1000). Completed Arcade: Gunstar Heroes, Galaga, Pac-man CE, DR2:CZ, Harm's Way, Doritos Crash Course, Doom, Small Arms. 40,000 GS on 9/03/11
ZebraMuffinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:12 AM   #38
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
This game was so easy I beat it twice in one day... (to get the rest of the ending achievements) the thing is if you use up your ammo you won't have it for when you need it, which is the smog creatures and for bosses otherwise melee weapons work just find, it's especially a bad idea too use ammo on the needlers.

Yes the dodge is broken, but it's actually broken in the players favor if you know how too use it.
d0ct0rscarecr0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:46 AM   #39
Verdinial
Banned User

TF x Redemption's Gamercard
It made me smile to see how pissed off some of you are I didn't get annoyed at the game, I was just generally shit. I think I stopped at 140?
Verdinial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:49 AM   #40
Devin Caitlyn

Devin Caitlyn's Gamercard
This game was so disappointing and the combat was legitimately terrible. Dodging things was basically impossible. It was definitely not worst my purchase.
Devin Caitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #41
Creazil

iCreazil UK's Gamercard
I got the game yesterday (well I had it in 2009 but traded it in then cheated gamerscore so I've actually got 70G unattainable right now but it shows on my screen) and I got 490G + 70G from before. I completed the game within 18 hours lol.

I enjoyed it. Scarlet did do my head in first time round, 'cos I couldn't master dodging her ceiling attack but I figured out how. When you hear her scream, she's on the ceiling. walk forward and only press B once when it pops up. I did this second try and beat her. 'Cos on my first try I just kept panicking and pressed B like a madman.

It's not a frustrating game by any means, you just have to understand it. And yeah, needlers and schisms did my head in too with dodging... Smog's did my head in 'cos I barely ever had any ammo.

Creazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:23 AM   #42
Ameno

I like Homecoming a LOT in contrast to SH Downpour. I only played Silent Hill on the PSX and SH 2 on the PS2. I also did 1000/1000 Downpour and really didn't like it that much. The key to winning in this game is the Serums, Health Potions, and the combat roll is actually quite useful for dodging attacks.

If you are having that much trouble just use Pants' road map and get the OP UFO gun. Or you can try running from enemies but except for a few locations this game is very tolerable and easy. But then again, I am pretty good at survival horror games and have some experience speed running.

Last edited by Ameno; 06-17-2012 at 05:26 AM.
Ameno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #43
mrj3d

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I dunno I thought it was pretty good. I got the 1000 without any problems. Glad I didn't pay a lot for it, but I enjoyed it.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #44
danihendrixx

danihendrixx's Gamercard
Im not agree with most of you. I think that its a good game, not a 10/10 game, but a good game. I have the 1000g.
danihendrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #45
Radgeta

Radgeta's Gamercard
I beat the game once and sold it afterwards.

Too bad it takes me awhile to beat games so I missed out on getting more money back.
Radgeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:09 AM   #46
blackhalominty

Blackhalo Minty's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraMuffinX View Post
Might be a little too late, but to anyone having trouble, remember to run from enemies. This is a horror game, you aren't always supposed to kill everything. And make sure not to waste any health items.
Excellent advice. Also, don't start on the hardest difficulty. And there's a dodge option? I had no idea. Fantastic game though tis a shame so many people are missing out.
blackhalominty is offline   Reply With Quote