PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Transformers: War for Cybertron
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-30-2010, 09:18 PM   #31
mickjsg

I just got it.

I was the only one bothering to capture in my team, and the combo of my turret, melee & heath drain while using Scientist was decimating enemies.

mickjsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:27 PM   #32
Lailoken

Lailoken74's Gamercard
Looks like I need to try the Scientist. My run-n-gun brute of a Soldier isn't quite getting the job done (or it could be that I just suck!) It's still a lot of fun though. I play Conquest almost exclusively because it's a bit more fun for me than the other modes.
Lailoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:05 PM   #33
Xanamaros

Send a message via MSN to Xanamaros Send a message via Skype™ to Xanamaros

Mr Mocca's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lailoken View Post
Looks like I need to try the Scientist. My run-n-gun brute of a Soldier isn't quite getting the job done (or it could be that I just suck!) It's still a lot of fun though. I play Conquest almost exclusively because it's a bit more fun for me than the other modes.
Try using a scout, walk alone, and deal with your targets one by one.
When you see a leader walking alone, don't even bother, he'll slaughter you once he gets his buff up, even if you backstab him. Always start the fight with a melee strike in the back, then just blast away with your shotgun. Also try holding the left trigger for fine aim, I've noticed it takes far less shots because it gets really accurate.
Recently I've also been working on sniping people, the Null Ray works wonders I tell you. When I wanted to end up first whilst sniping, stealing kills worked best for me. Just stick with a group, stay cloaked and stay a bit behind them. As soon as the bullets start flying, snipe the weakest char.(When you snipe you're not cloaked anymore, don't forget that!) This way you should end up getting a good 10+ kills. Also, make sure you don't die, don't be afraid to dash around a corner, cloak, and drive off if things get too hot.

The perks I use are: Surprise attack. ( More damage when coming out of cloak).
This'll also get you 75 or 100 extra EXP for every kill.
Health Matrix. ( Gain health for every kill).
Blaster Amplifier. ( 2 extra clips of ammo).
Blaster Amplifier is such a godsent to me, I always ended up without ammo in firefights, with this perk that problem is gone. It gets you 14(?) extra shotgun shots and 10(?) extra Null Ray shots.

On a final note: Know your surroundings, this is really important.
Know where people spawn, how to walk around certain areas for flanking etc.

These strategies usually give me a score of 15+ kills and 1 or 2 deaths. Ofcourse this may vary depending on the skill of the user.

I hope this helped you out, and if you're still having trouble we can also tag team, I need to level up my scientist anyway.
Xanamaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #34
mickjsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lailoken View Post
It's worth a shot anyway. The Scientist is well suited to Conquest, since its more mobile than the other classes.
Even though I died a lot I got an insane amount of kills.
The healing grenade & repair gun are really useful for healing teammates & the sentry turret, and rockets fired from a jet are great for bombing a conquest point.

Last edited by mickjsg; 07-01-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #35
Lailoken

Lailoken74's Gamercard
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll give them a whirl and if I still have problems, I'll hit you up.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:41 AM   #36
Katarn84

Katarn84's Gamercard
Well, looks like I got it easy playing as a scout on orbiting rubble (or what it's called). I had 10 kills like another player and just gave some lead-poisoning in the back to a Slipstream model with the last kill of a team Deathmatch... ^^ Now I'll try to get as far as I can with the scout experience in the next 9 hours before my Live expires.
Katarn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:15 PM   #37
Scnew

scnew's Gamercard
Finally got it this morning on Deathmatch as a Scout. I was 8 kills ahead of the next highest person.
Scnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:40 PM   #38
jcmoorehead

JCMoorehead's Gamercard
Was about 3 kills away from getting it earlier on as a scout. What I find annoying about it really is that assists don't really factor into your score. I'd probably have got the damn thing 10 times over by now if they did.
jcmoorehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:13 PM   #39
mickjsg

Assists are annoying, aren't they.

At least you get some XP for them though.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:55 PM   #40
jcmoorehead

JCMoorehead's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickjsg View Post
Assists are annoying, aren't they.

At least you get some XP for them though.
Aye well the level grinding doesn't bother me as such, it's just I really want to get this MVP achievement out of the way. Then I can just enjoy the multiplayer.
jcmoorehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:02 PM   #41
mickjsg

I got it pretty randomly, surprising really - I was throwing myself at the enemy to get captures.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:42 PM   #42
Lailoken

Lailoken74's Gamercard
I finally got this yesterday morning. I was playing the Power Struggle mode as a Leader and just dominated. I was quite happy about that since I normally suck at MP things.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #43
lordwade66

lordwade66's Gamercard
I got mine by accident, using the scout, my least favorite class, in conquest. I killed a soldier, took his shotgun, and kept cloaking and flanking the wounded enemies I passed going from one zone to the next. Once the achievement popped I was so shocked that I called it quits for the night. I am so terrible at mp that I never expected to get it.
lordwade66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:42 AM   #44
UCB Disco

Disco Penguins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I know everyone has their opinion of how they got this, so I'll give my 2 cents too.

I'm NOT good at this game. Period. Like, seriously. For the longest time, I got my ass kicked from left to right, front to back. I was either last or second to last like every match. But then I got my crap together, and here are my tips;

I have been MVP with both the Leader and Soldier class on more than one occasion, and I've been 2nd and 3rd with both Scout and Scientist. The secret is to do objective based multiplayer. I highly recommend Conquest, like everyone else says.

From their, just stick to the objectives. Capture and defend the points. You get 3 points per capture, 2 for a defend, and only 1 point for killing someone. This easily allows someone just capturing to be the MVP, as it gives the most points. Using both the Leader and Soldier gives you more life and stronger weapons, which means longer lifespan and a better means of killing.

When you hear that a point has been captured or is being captured, race straight to it and do what you can. The more you try, the better the chance you have to get points. One match I got 46 points doing this, while the 2nd place guy got 31. I only got like 10 kills, but my capture and defend points alone put me in 1st place.

Just remember to pay attention to the objectives and go to the points quickly. If you're team is already in the means of capturing, hurry even more, as you will still net the 3 points for only being there at the end.

Hope this helps!

UCB Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:20 PM   #45
XIRand0m HeroIX

XIRaNd0m HeRoIX's Gamercard
Haha myfriend got his in our 1st match because when we joined TDM we were never assigned a team. Everyone in the lobby was free game for the both of us as we were to them. He got more kills than me and it popped for him
XIRand0m HeroIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #46
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Just got mine on conquest used a solder and just kept capturing as many hills as i could and whenever a hill was being attacked just ran in and used whirlwind seemed to work ok. Came 1st by about 12 points

the_b1ues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #47
Nutty Scouser

Nutty Scouser's Gamercard
Arrow

I was the same - but i started doing Conquest and just keep taking flags taking flags more flags and dont bother killing - mine unlocked yesterday but i came top twice again last night so I find it best that way ......:uzi :
Nutty Scouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #48
Angelky

Send a message via AIM to Angelky Send a message via MSN to Angelky Send a message via Yahoo to Angelky

Angel Raiken's Gamercard
my problem is that i keep coming in second in one match. then the game will either freeze or the host will quit.

I know thats expected..but when i lose all my progress..thats when i get mad..

I hope i can unlock this achievement soon. cause all my classes are lv 10 but my scout. who is lv 7..

Angelky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:00 AM   #49
shadowolf94

ironshadowolf94's Gamercard
Red face need help boosting mvp

i need help i always end up third or fourth only second once can any one hel me i will be on monday from 5 to whenever my gt is ironshadowolf94 please help me
shadowolf94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #50
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher_Cobra View Post
Conquest would probably be pretty good because you don't have to be the most badass player ever to have the highest score.

In fact I've got 28 kills and 0 deaths with the next highest kill level being 14 kills. My overall score was 34 and I was beaten out by someone with a 44 overall.

Which means as long as you focus on capturing objectives and killing anyone trying to capture your objectives you should out score most people since they all mostly out to kill people. All you have to do now is hope you're on the winning side so you the scoring opportunies.
Sounds like your score was high enough that you aren't one of the types of players that I HATE playing conquest with. So this IS NOT directed at you.

I don't know how many times I've seen a player go 18-5 or something like that and still be at or near the very bottom of the list in points. I'm sorry but if you want to just get kills and not go after the objective then go play TDM or DM. It defeats the entire team concept of conquest (not to mention negates the exp boost you get by taking nodes) if you aren't going after the nodes.

And don't give me that crap that your kills helped us get the nodes. Typically players who are getting tons of kills and not getting points are winning 1 v 1 battles with enemies who are no where near nodes while the rest of their team is OUTNUMBERED fighting at a node.

It's even worse when you have 2 or 3 players like this on your team. There is no excuse for you entire team to have positive k/d ratios and to lose a conquest round. On several occasions I've had the worst k/d with like a 14-10 but had 20 more points then the next closest on my team and our team has lost the conquest round by like 80 points. Thats absolutely ridiculous, GO PLAY DM.

As for what this thread is actually about: Like others have said, play conquest or power struggle and focus on the nodes. If you are pretty skilled you should still have a decent amount of kills and will consistently be in the top 4 in points on the server and often times will be MVP. I probably average about 15 kills and 10 deaths throughout most of my games (some classes better, some worse) and I get MVP pretty regularly because I am always pushing to the nodes.
bigbear2face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:38 AM   #51
Angelky

Send a message via AIM to Angelky Send a message via MSN to Angelky Send a message via Yahoo to Angelky

Angel Raiken's Gamercard
i already posted in another forum. but i came in first on my team, and it didn't unlock for me.. i was pissed to. any ideas why?

Angelky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:38 PM   #52
circus1776

circus1776's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelky View Post
i already posted in another forum. but i came in first on my team, and it didn't unlock for me.. i was pissed to. any ideas why?
same thing happened to me. I think it's because there may have been someone on the other team with a higher score.

circus1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:27 PM   #53
Fuzz83

Fuzz83's Gamercard
you have to be the highest score in the entire game/match not just your team

Arcade 100%: UNO, Dash of Destruction, Worms

Working on: Gears of War 3
Fuzz83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:00 PM   #54
Agent X

Autobot Agent X's Gamercard
Thought I'd throw out what worked for 2 of my friends:
In Deathmatch, pick a guy who is going to get the MVP (preferbly as a scout) and find a little out-of-way part of the map, then whomever is helping him (be it 1 person or several, preferably as Scientists) and meet up with himto let him kill you/you all. Respawn and repeat.

It work for my friends because while the other players were busy wasting time hunting each other down, we made a bee-line and each got the MVP/ended the match before anyone else could rack up enough kills.

(I say scout because the cloak can hide them from the occasional straggler and Scientists because they can cover a lot more ground.)
Agent X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #55
LUCKY 40

Send a message via MSN to LUCKY 40

lucky 40's Gamercard
Hey can anyone help me rank up on this rig not many play anymore it seems so hit me up if you can help you scratch mine i'll sratch yours lucky 40
Old 10-16-2010, 06:51 PM   #56
Honeycut1ddp

I got MVP last night while playing conquest with the 10xp. Just kept flying to the different points and on my 3rd game I managed to get it.

I'll go now, to make bigger mistakes and to embarrass this fine institution even more. But let me leave you with one last thought: If you can laugh at yourself loud and hard every time you fall, people will think you're drunk.

Thank you.

~ Conan O'Brien
Honeycut1ddp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #57
TombRaiser

TombRaiser's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I got my MVP by surprise about 2 weeks ago. I played Conquest as a Leader. I don't remember what I did, but I'm sure it involved a lot of capturing.
TombRaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #58
bauerpower777

HOLLOWZANPAKUT0's Gamercard
anyone care to help me with this achivement i know it seems this post is dead but if anyone reads this please message me at HOLLOWZANPAKUT0
bauerpower777 is offline   Reply With Quote