PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Hitman HD Collection
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
Master Cylinder

I ASK NO ONE's Gamercard
The controls are crazy!

Maybe it's just me but the controls are so freaking ridiculous lol I'm having a difficult time on Normal on the first mission trying to get Silent Assassin! Repetition is key I guess. I will get it eventually.
Master Cylinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:48 AM   #2
The Bum-Mobile

Mr Shenanigans's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah it'd been awhile since I'd played Blood Money, so it was weird at first. Once you accept that it's all trial-and-error and memorization you get into it.

The Bum-Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:20 AM   #3
Takamura Bear

The controls take a while to adjust to and mainly because they aren't as intuitive as recent games.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
fresh fish 101

fresh fish 101's Gamercard
it always sucks going back to an old game only to realize just how dated it actually is. HD remake or not...

100% CLUB: Alan Wake - Battlefield: BC2 - Burnout: Paradise -
Deus Ex: HR - Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Far Cry 3 - Hitman: Absolution -
LA Noire - Mafia II - Portal: Still Alive - Portal 2 - Prince of Persia: TFS -
Red Dead Redemption - Skate - Skate 3 - Sleeping Dogs

fresh fish 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #5
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Cylinder View Post
Maybe it's just me but the controls are so freaking ridiculous lol I'm having a difficult time on Normal on the first mission trying to get Silent Assassin! Repetition is key I guess. I will get it eventually.
I agree on Silent Assassin but Contracts and Blood Money is fine to me. Have no problems with them.

100% > Resident Evil - Remake Remastered (XboxOne & Playstation4)
100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

-[RESIDENTEVIL]-
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:15 AM   #6
neeker75

neeker75's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I believe most people have problems with sneaking.

You need tap LB, not hold it.
neeker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #7
Gunther Hermann

Gunther Hermann's Gamercard
Is it just me or are the controls in contracts not working properly? Everytime I try to sneak I go into croach mode instead. It seems to only work if I start running before hand, but then I'll just be heard running. Also when he runs he'll just start walking.
Gunther Hermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:15 AM   #8
Annalie

Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
I never had a problem with the controls on either game. but now i have no clue how to use the syringe. How the heck do i use the syringe in Contracts?

Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:16 AM   #9
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
I never had a problem with the controls on either game. but now i have no clue how to use the syringe. How the heck do i use the syringe in Contracts?
Hello hehehehe my friend, it is easy to do. Just equip it by Press B then scroll either left or right to Syringe now equip it but put away by X button when hold this weapon if enemy front of you or enemy nearby you or bit far distance they can see you that you carry this and they will attacks you or alert. Anyway when you have this weapon and carry it so equip it once you behind enemy and you can hold RT button to let Agent 47 pull and hold this weapon and then once behind enemy and let go RT to kill him or once behind enemy just press RT button to quick press kill.
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #10
Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Thanks Cheevo, i had figured it out.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:42 AM   #11
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

It does seem really weird playing it with a controller. I've always enjoyed Silent Assassin through the PC with Mouse and keyboard, so it's a new experience for me. I've never been a fan of the slowness that crouching and sneaking possessed in the early hitman games, but it was never too much of an issue for me. This game was more about deception and traps anyway.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #12
Mutalus

Mutalus's Gamercard
I had no issues with Silent Assassin controls but in Contracts i can't seem to consistently run i have to turn the camera sideways then i can run straight. Maybe its my left stick that is crapping out. I used to play Contracts on pc so it seems harder on pad. Does it have a sneak mode that you can toggle on like silent assassin has?
Mutalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:30 AM   #13
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
Not having trouble with the controls, but I'm having trouble with how slow he walks. Forget sneaking, the guards finish taking a tinkle before you get near them. Hoping Contracts is faster than 2.
Most Recent: World of Keflings (W8)
bob101910 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:18 AM   #14
Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob101910 View Post
Not having trouble with the controls, but I'm having trouble with how slow he walks. Forget sneaking, the guards finish taking a tinkle before you get near them. Hoping Contracts is faster than 2.
It is faster.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #15
Gemgemchan

Gemgemchan's Gamercard
Ive never played a Hitman game before and I wanted to play a new type of assassin game, so when this came out I thought why not.

However.... playing Blood Money game first and the controls are terrible!!!

in the tutorial it started off alright but then when it came to distracting the guards with a coin the hitman guy just wouldnt throw the damn thing. Then eventually the hitman dude threw the coin and i could carry on. Things were okay after that for a while as the voice over guy told me how to do things. But I got stuck again with the bomb thing. You have to pick up the bomb and then the detonator. I planted the bomb and tried to activate the bomb with the detonator but it wouldnt do it. Thought I might have to leave first before bombing up the place but nope just had to kill everyone with a gun instead and never used the bomb.

Now Im on the first mission and cant remember how the heck you strangle someone. I checked online to see what the buttons are and all it has is action button and RT button- as fire weapon. The hitman will not strangle his target. I hope this game isnt long. Hope to get the achievements and never play bloody money again. Hopefully silent contracts and hitman 2 will have easier controls.

So how do you strangle someone on blood money. i had my wire out and tried going up behind someone and press a. tried it also with rt. I tried it with crouching holding RT.

Okay to strangle someone. go behind target. hold RT. Release RT trigger and quickly hold it down again to strangle. Worst controls ever.

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Last edited by Gemgemchan; 05-27-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Gemgemchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:53 PM   #16
Scotty
Max Clubs Bard

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - Scotty   5,000 Posts   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Road Map - Platinum   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemgemchan View Post
Ive never played a Hitman game before and I wanted to play a new type of assassin game, so when this came out I thought why not.

However.... playing Blood Money game first and the controls are terrible!!!

in the tutorial it started off alright but then when it came to distracting the guards with a coin the hitman guy just wouldnt throw the damn thing. Then eventually the hitman dude threw the coin and i could carry on. Things were okay after that for a while as the voice over guy told me how to do things. But I got stuck again with the bomb thing. You have to pick up the bomb and then the detonator. I planted the bomb and tried to activate the bomb with the detonator but it wouldnt do it. Thought I might have to leave first before bombing up the place but nope just had to kill everyone with a gun instead and never used the bomb.

Now Im on the first mission and cant remember how the heck you strangle someone. I checked online to see what the buttons are and all it has is action button and RT button- as fire weapon. The hitman will not strangle his target. I hope this game isnt long. Hope to get the achievements and never play bloody money again. Hopefully silent contracts and hitman 2 will have easier controls.

So how do you strangle someone on blood money. i had my wire out and tried going up behind someone and press a. tried it also with rt. I tried it with crouching holding RT.

Okay to strangle someone. go behind target. hold RT. Release RT trigger and quickly hold it down again to strangle. Worst controls ever.
the controls aren't that bad at all. I imagine you were just doing it wrong. As you have figured out, to use the fiber wire, you need to be behind your target, with the wire equipped and simply press . how is that difficult? I hope you mean the fiber wire and not to actually strangle someone bare handed, as you can't do that, you need to use the wire.

I know you said this is your first hitman game, so i urge you to take the time to learn how to play it properly. This is one of the best series around, and it would be a shame if you were left with a bad opinion of it, due to the controls.

As for the bomb, again it isn't bad controls, you need to plant the bomb(or just drop it from your inventory, when you are stood where you want it), then within range of it, equip the detonator and press and it will explode. And the coin toss, i will agree to an extent, but if i remember correctly, you only need to use that on 1 mission, if you are going for the highest rating, and i think it is the first mission.

You should watch some walkthroughs on youtube, and take the time to learn the controls, and you will enjoy the game for the magnificence that it is.

also, if anything, silent assassin and contracts will cause you more trouble with controls, especially silent assassin, but if you learn them properly from blood money, you should be fine.

Max Clubs FAQs l Staff Clubs l Subscriber Clubs l Challenge/Franchise Clubs

NEED HELP DOING THE ONLINE ACHIEVEMENTS ON TWO WORLDS II!!
Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:31 AM   #17
Gemgemchan

Gemgemchan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
the controls aren't that bad at all. I imagine you were just doing it wrong. As you have figured out, to use the fiber wire, you need to be behind your target, with the wire equipped and simply press . how is that difficult? I hope you mean the fiber wire and not to actually strangle someone bare handed, as you can't do that, you need to use the wire.
I figured out the fiber wire control but its weird how you have to do it. hold RT, release RT and then quickly press it again. It gets some getting used to and Ive gotten the hang of it now but for the first mission I was totally confused and had to redo the tutorial. I get where the control for this move is coming from though but its takes getting used to.

Im only on blood money the murder of the crows mission so far and Im quite enjoying the way you can play each mission different. In most of the missions I try to do as little killing as possible as I like messing with stuff already there (e.g. poisoning someone, swapping props over with real things) playing the game like that is actually a lot of fun rather than running in there guns blazing But yeah I like how it gives you different ways to complete the missions depending on your style.

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Gemgemchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #18
MrStabby1981

MrStabby1981's Gamercard
Once you've done he missions look on YouTube there are total bonkers play throughs where people get the AI to kill targets etc.
MrStabby1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #19
Fragarach Luin
A Mariner

Fragarach Luin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Impossible Trinity - Bronze   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Silver   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
To be honest, for a game as old as Silent Assassin, I found its controls to be no headache at all. Go play Resident Evil and see if you'll complain. On the other hand, I didn't enjoy Blood Money's controls; they felt as though they were trying to make the game more beginner-friendly, and achieved the opposite.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #20
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
The controls are fine, I loved the controls in both Blood Money and SA, Contracts has a learning curve, back in the day it was fine, but it doesn't seem to fit too well with a 360 controller, I mean it's no game breaker, you just need to make sure you controllers LS works fine as it can be very sensitive, and when sneaking up, it's important it works.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 163
Franchise Clubs - 7x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 11

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:37 AM   #21
Fragarach Luin
A Mariner

Fragarach Luin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Impossible Trinity - Bronze   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Silver   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo Kazz View Post
The controls are fine, I loved the controls in both Blood Money and SA, Contracts has a learning curve, back in the day it was fine, but it doesn't seem to fit too well with a 360 controller, I mean it's no game breaker, you just need to make sure you controllers LS works fine as it can be very sensitive, and when sneaking up, it's important it works.
And if I know anything about Mr. Kazz, it's that he games his way through consoles and game pads like a coal wrapped in a tissue.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:27 AM   #22
Shalashaska N

Shalashaska N's Gamercard
For some reason I found the aiming in Blood Money to be really awkward with a gamepad. I didn't have any problems like these in any of the games prior to or after BM, but it just didn't feel "right" in that game. This was however usually not a problem, since I tried not to get into situations that required quick aim anyway. Still, it was really apparent when deciding to go gung-ho on everyone for fun.
Shalashaska N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:21 PM   #23
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I find Contracts to be the most annoying, especially the running. Why can't there be a button just for running? Instead we get this inconsistent push full forward to run, so sometimes you run and sometimes you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:18 PM   #24
DESTRO5

RisottoRage's Gamercard
hitman

Sometimes, the controls give me grief.

DESTRO5 is offline   Reply With Quote