Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891 x360a

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Hey Guys and Gals We've been hard at work, being our usual awesome selves, and coming up with new ways to make things better and concocting new excuses to give out pretty shiny awards to decorate your showcases with.

It is with great pleasure that I announce we have succeeded at both, yet again! (because we're awesome)

Hooray!! *insert fanfare and cheers of a roaring populace*

We've made some tweaks to the GreenBook and rolled out some gorgeous awards to go with it courtesy of the ever fantabulously amazeriffic Gackt. (he's so awesome he deserves 2 made up words)

Bronze for 3

Silver for 6

Gold for 10

Platinum for 15

Emerald for 20

Diamond for 30

They're GreenThumbs... For the GreenBook. Get it? Get it? Soooo Punny, HAHWHAHHahhahahaHahha..ha..ha... ha... Ok so maybe I'm the only one that loves puns that much... <.< >.>

Be sure to check out the "How to" thread so you can see what it's all about.

Cheers

Last edited by troy0891 x360a; 05-04-2013 at 02:15 PM.
troy0891 x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a View Post
Hey Guys and Gals We've been hard at work, being our usual awesome selves, and coming up with new ways to make things better and concocting new excuses to give out pretty shiny awards to decorate your showcases with.

It is with great pleasure that I announce we have succeeded at both, yet again! (because we're awesome)

Hooray!! *insert fanfare and cheers of a roaring populace*

We've made some tweaks to the GreenBook and rolled out some gorgeous awards to go with it courtesy of the ever fantabulously amazeriffic Gackt. (he's so awesome he deserves 2 made up words)

Bronze for 3

Silver for 6

Gold for 10

Platinum for 15

Emerald for 20

They're GreenThumbs... For the GreenBook. Get it? Get it? Soooo Punny, HAHWHAHHahhahahaHahha..ha..ha... ha... Ok so maybe I'm the only one that loves puns that much... <.< >.>

Be sure to check out the "How to" thread so you can see what it's all about.

Cheers
you have the diamond pic for emerald and have no emerald pic, just so you know

finally we are told what this green thumb award is. sounds good, although, i haven't played a single game that is in the green book
Old 05-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer
Well that's embarrassing. Fix'd.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #4
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
actually, i have something worth asking

how does this affect guide/roadmap awards. say you contribute to a guide in the greenbook, do you get a +1 credit towards the green thumb award or towards the guide award, or, dare i say it, both?
Old 05-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Was looking forward to this announcement, was never able to figure out what it could possibly be about. NOW it all makes sense! Time to hunt the lonely guides out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #6
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
actually, i have something worth asking

how does this affect guide/roadmap awards. say you contribute to a guide in the greenbook, do you get a +1 credit towards the green thumb award or towards the guide award, or, dare i say it, both?
Quote:
Members who work on GreenBooked Guides and Roadmaps will be eligible to receive the GreenThumb Award to thank and acknowledge their hard work and assistance. On a case by case basis, an authorship award may also be given.
from the how to thread
Old 05-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #7
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
from the how to thread
Erm...yeah, i won't lie, there was nothing stopping me from reading that thread. i probably should have. Now we're both embarassed

I saw you creating that thread last night too, it was showing on the index but when i clicked it, it was an invalid link. i wondered what sneaky surprises you had for us.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #8
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:

the ever fantabulously amazeriffic Gackt. (he's so awesome he deserves 2 made up words)

Totally going in my signature.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #9
ARunninTurtle

ARunninTurtle's Gamercard
sounds cool. i gotta check out the green book
ARunninTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #10
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post

Totally going in my signature.
That made me smile <3
Old 05-05-2013, 06:27 AM   #11
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Over 10 years ago Cypress Hill came up with a song called Dr. Green Thumb. The actual award picture is funny when you think about what Green Thumb means to a certain group of people who like to....grow plants.

That's Mickey Mouse thumbs up! Since there is 1 less finger.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library

Last edited by Tyger7; 05-05-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #12
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
More.... awards.....

Mas interesante... times are a changing
KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #13
Skorpion XBA
RIP Travis

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Shoot! I just submitted an AG & RM last week from the Greenbook. Looks like I should've waited.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #14
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Wish I had time for these. I have been getting less and less active recently, just been to busy. Summers almost here though.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #15
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Subscriber - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Sweet! Can't wait to try to get it
Delta3519 is offline   Reply With Quote