PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-01-2013, 05:07 AM   #1
DrowningInMercy

DrowningInMercy's Gamercard
Question Heads/ Skins disappearing and Badass points refunded?

Hello all. I'm not sure if anything like this has been posted before, but I would appreciate any help. I just loaded up Borderlands 2 for the first time in a while and, while playing, noticed that while I still had a Badass real of 24,000+ (not sure if that's what it was before, it's been a long time) I had no bonus status and there were maybe a little under 200 tokens available for me to redeem. Thinking it was odd, I went ahead and redeemed them again and went to customize my character (I unlocked all of the customization items in Poker Night 2, which gave me a little incentive to load this back up) and noticed that everything that wasn't default showed up as new. I thought my list looked a little short so I went to the wiki to compare and it seems that almost all of the skins and heads that I've unlocked are now gone without a trace, vehicle skins included. The odd thing is, before I noticed it, my Siren still had the Alkaline Mistress head equipped but once I changed I couldn't go back to it. Upon further analysis, it seems to only be skins and heads that were enemy drops. Quest rewards and challenge rewards, anything that was deposited directly to your inventory without being dropped to the ground first, or in a chest, is still there. Also, it might help to note that the game seems to be treating me as a first time player even though I still have all five of my characters. Each time I loaded up a new character it informed me of the golden keys I had (I honestly have no clue why I have 11, I only remember having a couple and never using them) and when I started a new game to test something it wouldn't let me skip the initial intro.

Has anyone had anything similar happen to them, or know of anything I can do to get my stuff back? I remember the Badass Rank reset scare shortly after the game came out, but I thought that was long fixed and want sure if this was related to it or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

DrowningInMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:22 AM   #2
Rebelgully

Blackhawk Six's Gamercard
Common problem that has been around for sometime, you can get more badass tokens/ranks back by reloading each character that you've worked on but the special skins from shift codes are most likely gone for good unless you contact gearbox and thats not a sure thing either. You'll have to collect the skins for drops and what not again. This bug usually happens when you go through an update, you lose gold keys with this situation as well, but it sounds in your case you gained some? Only thing as far as I know that would have even a chance to get stuff back would be contacting gearbox otherwise have to grind out a lot and lose anything extra special. If you have the collectors editions heads you can just make new characters and transfer them over and go fight geary for his heads and all that jazz but the bug isn't fixed and most likely never will be. Sadly as I see it as a minor game breaking glitch.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
Tyler FC

Tyler FC Durden's Gamercard
I had the same thing happen twice!!!! So ive beed saving all my heads and skins ever since!! If you need any heads or skins I'll dup'em for ya.
Tyler FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
DrowningInMercy

DrowningInMercy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler FC View Post
I had the same thing happen twice!!!! So ive beed saving all my heads and skins ever since!! If you need any heads or skins I'll dup'em for ya.
I just heard back from Gearbox support and they basically said tough luck. If you have free time and it isn't too much of a blogger I would really appreciate it! This is the kind of thing that would make me stop playing the game forever, the biggest driving force for me when I played before was obtaining the unlocks, then I got really bored with it and moved on once I got almost everything and didn't feel like fighting a boss fifty times for one drop and got fed up with the stupidity of trying to get Vermivorous to spawn ( this is a perfect example of a bad but fun game. As long as you have something to work towards, be it weapons, heads, skins or levels the poor game design is simply an afterthought .)

DrowningInMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:18 AM   #5
Tyler FC

Ill be on tomorrow, May 2nd around 8am. Just send me a friend request and I'll hook you up. I feel your pain I was so pissed I wrote them a letter and almost stop playing because of it.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #6
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I got my badass points refunded but my heads and skins remained the same. Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I think Halo: Reach is the best Halo game and should be played by everyone.

Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:16 AM   #7
Tyler FC

you lucked out!!!! I heard If you keep your badass stats even it keep it from happening again!!!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #8
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler FC View Post
you lucked out!!!! I heard If you keep your badass stats even it keep it from happening again!!!
I always find random superstitions amusing.

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:51 AM   #9
dc blade09

dc blade09's Gamercard
Question

Hey I know this is a old post but is it possible someone could help me get my skins and heads back? I had almost all of zeros krieg Maya's and axtons. I've been off the game for a long time because of all my stuff for zero getting deleted. So I'm trying to get it back since I bought the headhunter packs. My gt is dc blade09 msg me if your willing to help.
dc blade09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:59 AM   #10
ThePumpkinKing

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Same here. I lost everything for Zero. Even lost some of my legendary gear after this last headhunter pack dropped. Which really pisses me off.

But the worst of it is losing my unlocks from Poker Night 2. Lost them a while back. And I've tried everything to get them back to no avail. Anyone ever had this specific problem?

That said, If anyone knows a fix or has the skins themselves (even if it's just the zero skin and head) to dupe for me, I'd be really grateful.
Resident Evil 5
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote