PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-05-2013, 03:04 AM   #91
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxnugs View Post
sure it does and there is 3 or 4 really cool animations of sgt colt fixing his cyborg arm or digging bullets out of the human arm. i was buyiing med pack anyway as i had plenty of cash but i guess im just more thorough then most as i spent 10:37 in game.
Oh, I guess he must do it when you are out of med packs. I always carried 3, so I never saw that.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:44 AM   #92
immortality20

Immortality20's Gamercard
Thanks for this, this game is amazing for any child of the 80s like me.
immortality20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:21 AM   #93
deluxnugs

deluxnugs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Oh, I guess he must do it when you are out of med packs. I always carried 3, so I never saw that.
yeah they are pretty cool. i was also carrying 3 medpacks alot as i had to much money.
Sheep:1. A group of people who lack the capacity for careful consideration, imagination, or individual thought, who thusly go with the group and allow terrible trends and events to unfold and make us all miserable.
do not send me friend requests on xbox live.
deluxnugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:11 AM   #94
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
as users keep posting about not having enough cash by the end, i think that you should add some instructions to the guide so that users know to start hunting the collectibles and collecting the cash from boxes right away. there is always loads of cash laying around the collectibles, people must just be passing it be cause they seem to be far along in the game without enough cash. also the auto loot upon a takedown gave me a huge bump in cash.
im not trying to brag but i was actively trying to spend all my cash and still had 13k when i was complete. maybe also mention that you dont need to buy med packs because the y button will heal you anyway.
In all honesty, I think the guide is fine the way it is. I stress it by saying, "don't leave any loot-able item unattended!" so if people skip over that, then that's honestly there own fault.

I'll leave it as is for now, but if I see the need to add more specifics in, I'll do so!

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:16 AM   #95
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
You may want to include this. I can reformat it to make it more universally usable.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=467320
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:36 AM   #96
deluxnugs

deluxnugs's Gamercard
sounds good to me then, guide looks great.
Sheep:1. A group of people who lack the capacity for careful consideration, imagination, or individual thought, who thusly go with the group and allow terrible trends and events to unfold and make us all miserable.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:44 AM   #97
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Respond to my PM!

Just let me know if you want me to look give a thorough look through the guide. As suggested a few posts above, we can also include the best method of boosting cash. There seems to be a lot of different methods, so I'll take a look into the best/fastest one tomorrow.

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:12 AM   #98
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
You may want to include this. I can reformat it to make it more universally usable.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=467320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Respond to my PM!

Just let me know if you want me to look give a thorough look through the guide. As suggested a few posts above, we can also include the best method of boosting cash. There seems to be a lot of different methods, so I'll take a look into the best/fastest one tomorrow.
I never got anything Perhaps it didn't go through, what was up!?

Definitely scan it over, detective style, when you can. I quoted StayOnTarget's method for acknowledgment but we'll hold off on adding it in until we get a 100% confirmed and ideal boosting cash method.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #99
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Miscellaneous:
These achievements can be done at any time during your playthrough but are suggested to be completed before the main storyline has concluded. Just the Tip and Dragon Slayer require you to kill a single Dragon with your bow, and an overall total of 25 Dragons. In order to obtain Tooled Up, you must complete the Predator Path and Hostage Situation side quests as they will unlock weapon attachments that you can then purchase. Once you buy every available attachment in the game, the achievement is yours. Also make sure you headshot one of each enemy in the game in order to get The Only True Stopper. Lastly, Hail to the King will most likely be the last achievement you will unlock, as you must reach Level 30. You will gain XP in the game for just everything, be it killing enemy soldiers, hunting animals or completing the quests.
I would reword this paragraph like this:
"These achievements can be done at any time during your playthrough but are suggested to be completed before the main storyline has concluded. Just the Tip and Dragon Slayer require you to kill a single Dragon with your bow, and an overall total of 25 Dragons. Once you buy every available attachment in the game, the achievement is yours. Also make sure you headshot one of each enemy in the game in order to get The Only True Stopper. Hail to the King is unlocked for reaching Level 30. You will gain XP in the game for just about everything, be it killing enemy soldiers, hunting animals or completing the quests, and should have enough XP by the time you finish everything. Tooled Up will likely be the last achievement that unlock. You will have to complete the Predator Path and Hostage Situation side quests, as well as find all the collectible in order to unlock all the attachments."

Quote:

Collectibles:
[...] Once you liberate garrisons in the North and South of the island, you will be able to purchase up to four collectible maps for $500 each. [/B]
I think you unlock a map every 2-3 garrisons that you unlock, based on where they are. You don't need to get all of them, just a bunch of them. Maybe rephrase this to "There are 4 maps that will unlock as you liberate garrisons and will become available for purchase for $500 each. Collecting everything will unlock What are You Reading For?, The Greatest Format of all Time and The Drug of the Nation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD;5744411[IMG
http://i.exophase.com/xbox/awards/66a8c4f4/s/75359.png[/IMG] Kill Them All - 20
Finish all the Predator's Path Quests

After taking out all the Omega Forces within a garrison, the Predator’s Path side quest will be available at a nearby console. Simply accept the quest and follow the marker to the animal’s location. You will need to try your best to stealthy kill the target animal, in order to prevent it from running wild and attacking you.
"Simply accept the quest and follow your way to the marker. Some quests will have you pick up a specific weapon first, and then proceed to an open area where you can find the target. The target will either be an animal of an Omega enemy. You'll want to do your best to slowly take out the target from a distance with causing too much commotion, and make sure to use the designated weapon is there is one. Once you finish all 8, you will unlock the achievement."

Quote:
Tooled Up - 20
Own all Weapons Attachments

There are a total of 25 weapon attachments that must be purchased for this achievement. These attachments are not available from the start however; eight of the attachments will become available after completing all the Predator Path side quests, while another eight will unlock after completing every Hostage Situation side quest. Furthermore, three attachments are tied into killing all twelve species of animals on the island and the last six are exclusive to recovering the TV Sets, Notes, and VHS Tapes across the island.

Make sure you loot every enemy solider, container/crate, and animal to maximize your wealth. The sum of attachments will be quite expensive, so don't leave any loot-ables unattended! Below, you can see a list of every attachment and the requirements for each:

[...]
There are a total of 25 weapon attachments that must be purchased for this achievement, which cost a total of $43,150. These attachments are not available from the start however; eight of the attachments will become available after completing all the Predator Path side quests, while another eight will unlock after completing every Hostage Situation side quest. Furthermore, three attachments are tied into killing all twelve species of animals on the island and the last six are exclusive to recovering the TV Sets, Notes, and VHS Tapes across the island.

Make sure you loot every enemy solider, container/crate, and animal to maximize your wealth while you play through the game, as you will need as much money as possible. There is an extremely easy way to save money as you play. If you need ammo, and do not want to pay for it, you'll want to go up to a console and swap the weapon for a different weapon in the weapon wheel, and then swap it back. You will now have full ammo in that weapon. This should easily save you a ton of money.

Below, you can see a list of every attachment and the requirements for each:
[...]

Also, is you need additional money after beating the game there are a few methods to boost your funds. Visit THIS THREAD for a good method.

Last edited by Maka; 05-05-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #100
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:

[FEEDBACK & EDITS]
Thanks, Maka. I updated everything accordingly, we should be good for now!

Old 05-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #101
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Quote:
Thanks, Maka. I updated everything accordingly, we should be good for now!
Alright, can you send me the guide in with the formatting tags in a PM, when you get the chance?

Old 05-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #102
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
Personally had to do a second playthrough for the headshots since I wasn't paying too much attention to what the achievement s were in the first playthrough. Since I couldn't find the appropriate enemies after finishing the story and completing all garrisons/sidequests (Only the 2 regular grunts and molotox guys) I'd mark The Only True Stopper as a missable achievement.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #103
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
From my testing, switching weapons back n' forth in the store doesn't work. Instead, I recommend always carrying the Terror 4000, since it has infinite ammo (just reload it and you'll be back to 700 rounds).

Also, maps are definitely unlocked when you take a garrison in the corresponding area. Either that or there was some amazing coincidence for me since I was always able to predict when one would unlock.
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #104
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss SWE View Post
From my testing, switching weapons back n' forth in the store doesn't work. Instead, I recommend always carrying the Terror 4000, since it has infinite ammo (just reload it and you'll be back to 700 rounds).
I didn't test the method myself, but I was under the impression it would work. Are you sure it doesn't?

Quote:
Also, maps are definitely unlocked when you take a garrison in the corresponding area. Either that or there was some amazing coincidence for me since I was always able to predict when one would unlock.
Well yeah. You liberate a garrison in the North East and the collectible for the North East unlocks in the vendor.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #105
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
If you loot most bodies and grab other achievements you wont need to farm cash, I looted everything on my path without going out my way and had 10k left over after buying everything.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 34
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #106
HoliestEd

HoliestEd's Gamercard
Great guide thanks. That tip regarding killing the blood dragons after finishing the main quest really saved some time.
HoliestEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:10 AM   #107
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by evokazz View Post
If you loot most bodies and grab other achievements you wont need to farm cash, I looted everything on my path without going out my way and had 10k left over after buying everything.
See, I thought the only advantage of looting was getting cyber-hearts, so I didn't loot enemies as I had enough. I also bought ammo reloads every time I revisited the garrisons. Ended up $25,000 short, and it sucks. The boosting method should be in there just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss SWE View Post

Back out of the console, then go back in and switch the weapon back into the weapon wheel. This should work. It'll double check it now.

And yes, the Terror 4000 doesn't make sense, because it'll charge you $400 to buy ammo, even though it has infinite ammo and will let you reload whenever. I didn't realize that, and I wasted a lot of money on it, that I could've used now.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:15 AM   #108
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoliestEd View Post
Great guide thanks. That tip regarding killing the blood dragons after finishing the main quest really saved some time.
Thanks And all props go to Maka for that one!

Quote:
And yes, the Terror 4000 doesn't make sense, because it'll charge you $400 to buy ammo, even though it has infinite ammo and will let you reload whenever. I didn't realize that, and I wasted a lot of money on it, that I could've used now.
Shall I add the Terror 4000 "method" to the guide then?

And if I need a refine the "swapping weapons" method, due to any confusion in the text I have, let me know!

Old 05-06-2013, 01:22 AM   #109
deluxnugs

deluxnugs's Gamercard
Talking

Quote:
i wish i wouldve know this. i wouldve had way more cash at the end.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:37 AM   #110
demi

Headshots should be labeled as missable.

Granted, you really have to go out of your way to miss this one, but it is very possible if you don't have it after you beat your game, due to the scarcity of the rocket launcher enemies, or Elite and Running Dead (pretty sure none of these even spawn).
demi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:34 AM   #111
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by demi View Post
Headshots should be labeled as missable.

Granted, you really have to go out of your way to miss this one, but it is very possible if you don't have it after you beat your game, due to the scarcity of the rocket launcher enemies, or Elite and Running Dead (pretty sure none of these even spawn).
The headshot achievement doesn't need to be listed as missable. The guide explains in full detail how to go about dealing with the achievement and even gives a full list of every enemy that can be viewed even before starting the game. That being said, I understand if you miss a headshot on the Undead you will have to do another playthrough, but their exclusive to the 6th mission; so why anyone would miss headshotting them is beyond me.

With that being said, you honestly have to go out of your way or not even view this guide to miss the achievement.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #112
TYLER x DURD3N

LGB TylerDURD3N's Gamercard
"The only true stopper" and "Set them free" are missable achievements. It doesnt matter if they are described in the guide.
They are missable and they should be marked as missable.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:47 AM   #113
uait

uait's Gamercard
Is it possibile to start new campaing keeping char level after finishing the first run?
uait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #114
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYLER x DURD3N View Post
"The only true stopper" and "Set them free" are missable achievements. It doesnt matter if they are described in the guide.
They are missable and they should be marked as missable.
Exactly. Any achievement which becomes impossible to do at ANY point past a certain point in a game that causes you to need to start fresh is missable.

End of story.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #115
olthof75

GLOBAL SHARK's Gamercard
Thanks for this.
olthof75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #116
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
The headshot achievement doesn't need to be listed as missable. The guide explains in full detail how to go about dealing with the achievement and even gives a full list of every enemy that can be viewed even before starting the game. That being said, I understand if you miss a headshot on the Undead you will have to do another playthrough, but their exclusive to the 6th mission; so why anyone would miss headshotting them is beyond me.

With that being said, you honestly have to go out of your way or not even view this guide to miss the achievement.
You're assuming people will read the guide before playing though, I'm sure some people just look at the overview see 0 missable achievements and then don't use the guide until after finishing the game to mop up any achievement's they missed at which point its to late.

Your logic makes no sense, if the achievement isn't missable because the guide explains how to get it. Then theres no such thing as a missable achievement as every guide for every game explains how to get every achievement, so how could any be missable?

Last edited by The Duke of Darkness; 05-06-2013 at 05:28 PM.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #117
deluxnugs

deluxnugs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Exactly. Any achievement which becomes impossible to do at ANY point past a certain point in a game that causes you to need to start fresh is missable.

End of story.
i agree with this, besides that awesome guide.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:05 AM   #118
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

I've taken what everybody has said into consideration. I apologize for my confusing logic, but what makes sense in my mind is not what was displayed in my earlier post.

All that aside, I've listed The Only True Stopper as missable.

Hope that helps everyone and satisfies those who found it necessary to note that it is missable.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:15 AM   #119
deluxnugs

deluxnugs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by the biggd View Post
i've taken what everybody has said into consideration. I apologize for my confusing logic, but what makes sense in my mind is not what was displayed in my earlier post.

All that aside, i've listed the only true stopper as missable.

Hope that helps everyone and satisfies those who found it necessary to note that it is missable.
.... my - man!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #120
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
.... my - man!
Just trying to please everyone!