PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops II > Uprising
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #31
mudVIKING

mudVIKING's Gamercard
So I was on the bridge from round 14 to round 18 just using the tomahawk when all the sudden I could not use it in the middle of round 18. Said no tacticals equipped everytime i tried to throw it. Got in the electric chair, revived myself in the prison, threw my tomahawk, and it was blue, and upgraded. To be sure, went to where you get the retriever, and it was blue in there. Never thru it in the fire pit at all. Still went in to afterlife to grab it for the sake of grabbing it even thou i already had it. Weird.
mudVIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #32
i got squeezed

i got squeezed's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePumpkinKing View Post
I honestly think this is the key factor myself. I've grabbed this weapon several times now. Always starting with kills on the bridge between rounds 6/7-9. And I've never been able to unlock it that early. So I leave, grab the golden spork, and return around levels 11/12. Try again, and it always works. ALWAYS. So I'm definitely thinking that it needs to be a specific round due to the number of enemies available during rounds.

Funny thing is, I've had the audio cue sound in the single digit rounds. But like I said, the pit never takes the retriever. And so I go back and do it in the double digit rounds.

I don't even think you need to specifically kill 30 zombies with it. Because I've noticed (and I've been paying very close attention) that whenever I get the audio cue in the double digit rounds, it's almost always (if not always) after killng the very last zombie of whatever round I've started and finished on the bridge.
True. I forgot to mention I was on round 29 when I heard the audio. Plus, I got way above 30 kills with it too, but I still think as long as all kills is with it in one round, you will hear it.
i got squeezed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:50 AM   #33
Stewie Griffin2

Stew1e Griffin2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Still no confirmation on what needs to be done here? I was in a game last night and one of the guys I was playing with just said "3 rounds with only the tomahawk, no shooting", which was a new theory to me. We started this in round 12, finished round 15 then went back. 3 of us got it, the one guy that shot his Withering did not.

I'm not saying this is an absolute certainty, but it seemed to work. Just wanted to put that theory out there so the rest of you can compare.
Stewie Griffin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #34
Pavonis

Pav0nis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin2 View Post
Still no confirmation on what needs to be done here? I was in a game last night and one of the guys I was playing with just said "3 rounds with only the tomahawk, no shooting", which was a new theory to me. We started this in round 12, finished round 15 then went back. 3 of us got it, the one guy that shot his Withering did not.

I'm not saying this is an absolute certainty, but it seemed to work. Just wanted to put that theory out there so the rest of you can compare.
Well I've done it a few more times bringing my total to around 10 times successful in getting it out of 10. What I did (on solo) was be in round 10+, use ONLY the tomahawk (never shoot your gun), listen for the sound cue on the LAST ZOMBIE KILLED because you must finish the round to get it. Throw a nade in the pit to see where to throw your tomahawk and then throw it in.

►►► Enjoy my guides? Subscribe! http://bit.ly/VwKZ8y ◄◄◄

Like on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/ZQeXV8
Follow me on Twitter: http://bit.ly/UMMeuS
Old 05-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #35
Stewie Griffin2

Stew1e Griffin2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavonis View Post
Well I've done it a few more times bringing my total to around 10 times successful in getting it out of 10. What I did (on solo) was be in round 10+, use ONLY the tomahawk (never shoot your gun), listen for the sound cue on the LAST ZOMBIE KILLED because you must finish the round to get it. Throw a nade in the pit to see where to throw your tomahawk and then throw it in.
So just to be clear, it seems like your theory on the requirements are:

Round 10 or higher
Tomahawk (& melee?) only
Complete 1 full round of this
Return and throw tomahawk in the lava

Correct? Or are we still convinced there's a kill requirement and/or further round requirements?

Thanks for any further clarification. The one time I did try for it I got it, but I didn't notice the sound cue due to some doucebag in my game that wouldn't stop asking about the damn spork after I'd explained it to time 30 times and he'd lost both an acid gat from the box AND the free acid gat (which he was waiting for to spawn while I was collect skulls, unbeknownst to me).

I'll try to play a little tonight and confirm a few more requirements myself. The round limit I won't be able to confirm, it seems I never get to the bridge before round 12-13 because my entire team blows all their points on the box and perks, leaving me to open all the doors.
Stewie Griffin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #36
VividChaos
Insomniac

VividChaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Donator - Level 1   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Anybody know if you can do this on easy?

W
orking on:
Forza 5 (XB1)
COD: Ghosts (XB360 & XB1)
*Always willing to help people with any of the achievements I have, Message me on live.

VividChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:58 AM   #37
PyroManya77

Doubted Pyro's Gamercard
I've done this while shooting with 3 other people all of us got the tomahawks except the guy who didn't shoot......
PyroManya77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #38
abstract1620

harry coinshlot's Gamercard
I think there is a difference in the requirements between solo and MP. I've never had a problem solo, but in MP is always one or three of us who get it, if anyone at all. Sometimes I really hate that 3arc must be so mysterious about zombies.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #39
Pavonis

Pav0nis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin2 View Post
So just to be clear, it seems like your theory on the requirements are:

Round 10 or higher
Tomahawk (& melee?) only
Complete 1 full round of this
Return and throw tomahawk in the lava

Correct? Or are we still convinced there's a kill requirement and/or further round requirements?

Thanks for any further clarification. The one time I did try for it I got it, but I didn't notice the sound cue due to some doucebag in my game that wouldn't stop asking about the damn spork after I'd explained it to time 30 times and he'd lost both an acid gat from the box AND the free acid gat (which he was waiting for to spawn while I was collect skulls, unbeknownst to me).

I'll try to play a little tonight and confirm a few more requirements myself. The round limit I won't be able to confirm, it seems I never get to the bridge before round 12-13 because my entire team blows all their points on the box and perks, leaving me to open all the doors.
No melee, only tomahawk. There may be a kill requirement but I doubt it. The round must be complete and the sound must be heard at the END of the round.

►►► Enjoy my guides? Subscribe! http://bit.ly/VwKZ8y ◄◄◄

Like on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/ZQeXV8
Follow me on Twitter: http://bit.ly/UMMeuS