Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Feedback > FAQ
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #31
Obsolete XBA
Master of Bacon (the cat)

Send a message via MSN to Obsolete XBA Send a message via Skype™ to Obsolete XBA

Obsolete XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 3   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Okay i might be a bit daft but i was wondering how you change subscription, from bronze to silver in this case. Do i need to remove the subscription and set up a new or can i just update the payment at paypal? This is the first and only time i've used paypal and i think that site is a bit complicated.

Thanks in advance
Old 04-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #32
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshuggah1979 View Post
Okay i might be a bit daft but i was wondering how you change subscription, from bronze to silver in this case. Do i need to remove the subscription and set up a new or can i just update the payment at paypal? This is the first and only time i've used paypal and i think that site is a bit complicated.

Thanks in advance
i think you will have to cancel your current payments via paypal, then re-subscribe as a silver subscriber. i don't think you can change it any other way.

also, if you do this to upgrade your subscription, you may want to inform Mr. Creech of your intentions just in-case you lose your subscriber privileges.

Last edited by Scotty; 04-16-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #33
Obsolete XBA

Send a message via MSN to Obsolete XBA Send a message via Skype™ to Obsolete XBA

Obsolete XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 3   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   x360a Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
i think you will have to cancel your current payments via paypal, then re-subscribe as a silver subscriber. i don't think you can change it any other way.

also, if you do this to upgrade your subscription, you may want to inform Mr. Creech of your intentions just in-case you lose your subscriber privileges.
I'll do that, thanks
Old 04-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #34
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Subscriber - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Almost ready to sub, just have to link PayPal with bank account and all set
Old 04-22-2013, 02:26 AM   #35
Double O Slevin

Double O Slevin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Just set up to subscribe! YAY! I've been wanting to do it for years now, but the funds haven't always been there. But it's well worth the money, I honestly have no idea what i'd do without this site sometimes. Another motivator is the fact that I've wanted to change my forum name to what the rest of the gaming world knows me as, not what my current GT was 4 years ago!

Old 04-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #36
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Subscriber - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I finally got everything together and sub-ed yay!

Last edited by Delta3519; 04-23-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:55 AM   #37
Crimson x360a
Banned User

Crimson x360a's Gamercard
I'm glad I found this forum, I was about to post about this somewhere else. So if I subscribe do I also get the donate award? Also if I do dose subscribing every month keep adding to the donate award?
Old 04-29-2013, 01:06 AM   #38
Fullbrook

Fullbrook's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Tide View Post
I'm glad I found this forum, I was about to post about this somewhere else. So if I subscribe do I also get the donate award? Also if I do dose subscribing every month keep adding to the donate award?
Never thought about that.. been a sub for a week or so.. I don't have any awards though..

If any update on my profile, you will get your answer I guess

Always up for playing some RB3. Just send me an invite/message/FR. Mention x360a in the message.

I play almost daily.
1,234 + Songs. 63 pro upgrades..

XBox Live Ambassador
Old 04-29-2013, 01:16 AM   #39
Crimson x360a
Banned User

Crimson x360a's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullbrook View Post
Never thought about that.. been a sub for a week or so.. I don't have any awards though..

If any update on my profile, you will get your answer I guess
Got your name color changed which is manually changed but haven't got the automatic awards? Hmmm
Old 04-29-2013, 01:42 AM   #40
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
All subscription money counts towards the donation awards. So if you were to start subscribing right now you could get both a Subscriber award and the Donator Level 1 award. And donations are cumulative. As an example I've reached Donator Level 3 purely off of my subscription. Each month I continue to subscribe, and any possible future donations, would count towards me getting Donator Level 4.

Quote:
Got your name color changed which is manually changed but haven't got the automatic awards? Hmmm
None of the site awards are automatic. They have to be requested:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=416292
The only automatic part is access to the subscriber board and custom user title.

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #41
Rajeanero
Ryan Industries

Rajeanero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Artist of the Month   Staff - Graphics Team   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
I want to sub and i have a paypal account, but they want also a credit card ... is it because i'm from germany or something like that? *confused*

If you're using one of my created signatures/avatars/banners please save them on your computer and upload them by yourself.
For example here, here, or here. Don't use my image link. Just in case, that one of my upload sites are down
or i delete the image from the server. This will avoid trouble for both of us. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
Raj is still the best though, no one beats Raj, he's like the Chuck Norris of signatures.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #42
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts   Micro Guide - Emerald
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeanero View Post
I want to sub and i have a paypal account, but they want also a credit card ... is it because i'm from germany or something like that? *confused*
you don't need a credit card for the site, but you need your credit card linked/confirmed to your paypal account. you need to do this through paypal.com
Old 05-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #43
Rajeanero
Ryan Industries

Rajeanero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Artist of the Month   Staff - Graphics Team   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
you don't need a credit card for the site, but you need your credit card linked/confirmed to your paypal account. you need to do this through paypal.com
So the payment don't go over the credit card? Because i just have a prepaid credit card with no charged money I want only pay with my paypal account with direct debit procedure.

If you're using one of my created signatures/avatars/banners please save them on your computer and upload them by yourself.
For example here, here, or here. Don't use my image link. Just in case, that one of my upload sites are down
or i delete the image from the server. This will avoid trouble for both of us. Thanks!

Quote:
Raj is still the best though, no one beats Raj, he's like the Chuck Norris of signatures.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #44
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
So the payment don't go over the credit card? Because i just have a prepaid credit card with no charged money I want only pay with my paypal account with direct debit procedure.
this site only accepts payments through paypal, and to have recurring payments on your paypal account, you need to verify your card.

sign into your paypal account, and just underneath the userbar, it should say 'welcome, then your name' in orange. just underneath this, there is 3 different options, one of which is 'status'. next to status, it should say 'verified'. if it doesn't you need to verify your account and then you can set recurring payments up and subscribe.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #45
Rajeanero
Ryan Industries

Rajeanero's Gamercard

Quote:
this site only accepts payments through paypal, and to have recurring payments on your paypal account, you need to verify your card.

sign into your paypal account, and just underneath the userbar, it should say 'welcome, then your name' in orange. just underneath this, there is 3 different options, one of which is 'status'. next to status, it should say 'verified'. if it doesn't you need to verify your account and then you can set recurring payments up and subscribe.
My account is verifed since years but i never needed a credit card. Even if i give paypal my prepaid credit card details, i only have the option to pay with this credit card but the card have no money on it and i dont want to charge it every month only for the $10 ^^

Quote:
Old 05-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #46
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
My account is verifed since years but i never needed a credit card. Even if i give paypal my prepaid credit card details, i only have the option to pay with this credit card but the card have no money on it and i dont want to charge it every month only for the $10 ^^
oh right, i get it. well your only option is to use the already verified card, and keep putting the $10 on every month. you could put like $60 on and then you'd be covered for 6 months at a time, but it looks like you don't want to be doing this so i don't know.

just out of curiosity, what is a prepaid credit card? i've never heard of that before.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #47
Rajeanero
Ryan Industries

Rajeanero's Gamercard

Quote:
oh right, i get it. well your only option is to use the already verified card, and keep putting the $10 on every month. you could put like $60 on and then you'd be covered for 6 months at a time, but it looks like you don't want to be doing this so i don't know.

just out of curiosity, what is a prepaid credit card? i've never heard of that before.
You have to transfer money from your bank account on the credit card. you only can use so much money as you transferred to your card. Like a prepaid handy. But i think you don't have something like that in the U.S. In germany it's nothing special.

But i'm still confused because i can donate with my paypal account, but for the subscription i need a credit card. Really strange ^^

Quote:
Old 05-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #48
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
You have to transfer money from your bank account on the credit card. you only can use so much money as you transferred to your card. Like a prepaid handy. But i think you don't have something like that in the U.S. In germany it's nothing special.

But i'm still confused because i can donate with my paypal account, but for the subscription i need a credit card. Really strange ^^
I have no idea then, sorry i couldn't be more helpful. you may want to either wait for a more authoritative member, or staff to respond, or maybe PM one of the senior moderators/admins.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #49
Rajeanero
Ryan Industries

Rajeanero's Gamercard

Quote:
I have no idea then, sorry i couldn't be more helpful. you may want to either wait for a more authoritative member, or staff to respond, or maybe PM one of the senior moderators/admins.
Yeah, i think we will find a solution.

Thank you for your help anyway

Quote:
Old 05-07-2013, 06:15 AM   #50
Obsolete XBA

Obsolete XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
You mean link your creditcard to the payments at Paypal? Yes you have to do that
Old 05-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #51
Rajeanero
Ryan Industries

Rajeanero's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshuggah1979 View Post
You mean link your creditcard to the payments at Paypal? Yes you have to do that
Yeah, that is not the problem. The problem ist that i only get the credit card as payment method. And i want to pay with paypal from my bank account, like always, and not from this credit card. Donation works without problems ...

Quote:
Old 05-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #52
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891 x360a

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
To clarify:

It sounds like what you're saying is that when you click the donate link on our site, you are given the option of doing so via a paypal payment. BUT, when you click on the subscribe link on our website the only payment options we give you are via a credit card.

You have a verified PayPal account that is tied directly to your bank account and a pre-paid credit card (yes, we have those in America too) but for whatever reason you are unable to use that same card directly through the site or simply don't want to use it preferring that PayPal take the money from your bank account.

Bottom line - You want to subscribe using your valid PayPal account as your payment method and our site is not giving you the option.

If this is all correct, then we need to get an Admin or at least a SuperMod to check in on this. I just checked and PayPal is the only payment I'm presented with when I click on subscribe and select a subscription level.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #53
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Quote:

That may be a restriction from PayPal's side, because as far as the site is concerned, all we see is your PayPal ID and verification. We don't have any control or input on how PayPal funds the purchase.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #54
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a View Post
If this is all correct, then we need to get an Admin or at least a SuperMod to check in on this. I just checked and PayPal is the only payment I'm presented with when I click on subscribe and select a subscription level.
That's supposed to be the one and only way you can possibly subscribe lol. Not sure what's going on with this problem. Don't think I've ever heard of it happening before. Hopefully Creech or Routine can easily get it sorted(I'm sure they can)
Old 05-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #55
Rajeanero
Ryan Industries

Rajeanero's Gamercard

Quote:
To clarify:

Bottom line - You want to subscribe using your valid PayPal account as your payment method and our site is not giving you the option.
This.

... looks like this: (sorry for the german text )

Quote:
Old 05-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #56
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891 x360a

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
This.

... looks like this: (sorry for the german text )

Gotcha. Wow. A picture is worth far more than a 1000 words sometimes. Based on that screen shot I would say the problem you're having is on PayPal's end and you need to check with them to see what's going on.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #57
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Gotcha. Wow. A picture is worth far more than a 1000 words sometimes. Based on that screen shot I would say the problem you're having is on PayPal's end and you need to check with them to see what's going on.

Pretty sure I said that two hours ago.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #58
Rajeanero
Ryan Industries

Rajeanero's Gamercard

The paypal support says that the dealer (x360a.org in this case) only accept payments per credit card ... damn, how can this be so difficult

Quote:
Old 05-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #59
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
The paypal support says that the dealer (x360a.org in this case) only accept payments per credit card ... damn, how can this be so difficult
Hrmmmm....okay, let me dig a bit.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #60
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
Hrmmmm....okay, let me dig a bit.
Any update on this?
Closed Thread