PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham City
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Batman 3 Confirmed

I saw a thread about talk of the next game but nothing yet of the 3rd game. I was on youtube just browsing batman videos and came across a few about the next game and then I went to google and found this. I thought this deserved a thread of it's own.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/new-bat...r-2013-6403765

Quote:
Separately, VG247 sources claim this new project is not in development at series creator Rocksteady Studios. That development house is rumored to be working on a stylized prequel that will detail the Dark Knight's first encounter with the Joker. It is not expected until 2014 at the earliest.
I'm kinda disappointed that they aren't working on the 3rd game since they did so wonderful on both of them. Does that also mean new voice actors? I am excited to hear that they are possibly working on one with the first encounter with the Joker.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:17 AM   #2
KingTimbaX

King Timba X's Gamercard
Red face

I have read an article where instead of a prequel, another game company wants to continue after Arkham City. But who knows.....
KingTimbaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:24 AM   #3
GodLike499

GodLike499's Gamercard
I'm not sure how would take having RockSteady again. The campaign was awesome, the art work was great, and I think they do a real good job. BUT... after seeing the DLC they created for this game, I think they either gave up, or they're getting to be too money hungry. I'm not talking about HQR, that was awesome, but the Robin/Nightwing/etc. bundle packs. Those are completely worthless. No effort went into those! the only addition in them was Nightwing, and he doesn't even have a full move set.

My biggest fear is that Rock Steady is going to start nickel and diming for a lot of very small content in their next game.

Fight My Brute: http://andricus.mybrute.com
GodLike499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #4
MrStabby1981

MrStabby1981's Gamercard
The voice actors are the same as those who did the animated series back in the early 90s so theirs no reason to drop them
MrStabby1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #5
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
Either way. More Batman is a great thing. I'd hope for current generation so I don't have to wait, but good things come to those who wait right?

Registering 15 arkham domain names is a good start.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #6
KnightOfTruth

Slye Knight's Gamercard
Looking forward to finishing AC still - its been backlogged for far too long, but I absolutely loved AA and what I've played on AC (another person's GT) - I really hope they don't destroy this awesome franchise by having another developer work on it.

Even if they kept Rocksteady and they kept almost all of the same mechanics etc., with a decent storyline the game would be at least an 8/10. (though obviously criticized for "recycling" by some)

Currently looking for Online Boosting help with:
Mortal Kombat vs. DC, SSFIV, BF:BC1, AC:Brotherhood
(if you see a game in my played list, I can probably still help you with it)
KnightOfTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:23 PM   #7
Bear3RT

Bear3RT's Gamercard
I wish Rocksteady was working on it but I will probably still buy it. I can't get enough Batman.
Bear3RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #8
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The cash-in for the DLC was terrible in AC. Loved the game but will definitely wait before buying the next one to see if they do the same thing. It was border-line EPIC with Gears 3.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:54 AM   #9
Axel 360

axelquatripolar's Gamercard
No Rocksteady, no Kevin Conroy, no Paul Dini, no story progression but a prequel ... I will hardly consider this the 3rd installment of the serie.

What was the deal with all those lose plots Rocksteady left as confirmation there would be a 3rd part of Arkham if they arenīt continuing?? Letīs hope for a proper end of the series, someday.