PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War: Judgment > Call to Arms
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
JOsHuWa v2

x JOsHuWa x's Gamercard
Call to Arms Achievements to be Obtainable in Private After Title Update!!

Hey guys, just to let you all know i have just posed a question to the Dev Team in the Thursday Night stream over on Twitch about the DLC achievements being unobtainable in private matches, they've answered that very clearly in that they will be obtainable in Private after the upcoming Title Update.
thanks
GT: x JOsHuWa x
JOsHuWa v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #2
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Haha ok so after wasting time in lagged lobby, finally this will be fixed .

Bah good thing for people that haven't got them... i supose.

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #3
Nlkuysdf

tbs nikolai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOsHuWa v2 View Post
Hey guys, just to let you all know i have just posed a question to the Dev Team in the Thursday Night stream over on Twitch about the DLC achievements being unobtainable in private matches, they've answered that very clearly in that they will be obtainable in Private after the upcoming Title Update.
thanks
GT: x JOsHuWa x
This includes the blood drive and boneyard plays/wins achievements?

Gamer Score: 61,175 of 61,255 -99.87%

Achievements: 2160 of 2162-99.91%
Nlkuysdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
JOsHuWa v2

x JOsHuWa x's Gamercard
yes i know, but i am yet to get the 'Surprise' cheevo after quite a few attempts, so it's a massive relief haha! plus for others the FFA wins on Boneyard will now be much easier to get when it drops
and i'm guessing all of them, Jim said he wasn't sure if he could release that information yet due to things with Microsoft, so lets hope it's for them all, which i think it is
JOsHuWa v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
a fat turkey

a fat turkey's Gamercard
I guess they realized how much they screwed up with these achievements, which means that hopefully the next DLC's achievements will be obtainable in private. Too bad I already got 9/10 of the achievements from boosting and lagged lobbies (did BOOSHKA! before it was even discovered to be obtainable in private).

Still though, good to know that it will be easier for everyone else who tries for them. It will definitely make it easier for me to get Surprise! now.
a fat turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #6
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Seems the incoming TU is doing a lot of things right for Judgment, shame it had to come after I had gotten everything except Surprise.

Last edited by Son of Kyuss; 05-09-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Son of Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #7
xRaW CaRNage x

Send a message via Yahoo to xRaW CaRNage x Send a message via Skype™ to xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Kyuss View Post
Seems the incoming TU is doing a lot of things right for Judgment, shame it had to come after I had gotten everything except Surprise.
My thoughts exactly. Atleast they are going to fix this issue and others also.
xRaW CaRNage x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:23 AM   #8
Maggot_Alchemist

MaggotAlchemist's Gamercard
Man i already got all the cheevos. Oh well... guess i'll help my friends then.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #9
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

This would be a first tough that achievements are that much downgraded, exept maybe war supporter in GOW3. I mean... they could just fix Surprise so it actually work in public and thats it... Not saying the other ones aint crap, but they are not glitched or anything...

In any case, wake me up if next patch remove FRAGS from this game...(starting ones, or AT LEAST ammo boxes refill) cause until then... playing this game is a way to hurt my throat out of raging...

Gears of War Legend
Old 05-10-2013, 12:50 AM   #10
BlamelessSoul

Blamelesssoul's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
it makes me happy to hear this hope its true
Old 05-10-2013, 01:54 AM   #11
DanielH

CraziestDemonic's Gamercard
i got call to arms dlc on 4/23/13.
4/23/13 to 5/5/13, got 5 achievements on public and Professional Locust on private.

FINALLY!
(chanting)"call to arms private, call to arms private, call to arms private"

the 10 achievements WILL BE ON PRIVATE!
after 3 1/2 weeks later, the complaining WILL stop. you, complained, moan, bitch, and FINALLY, i said FINALLY, you spoke up, laid the smackdown on the developers, let them know we are not taking this public/ranked bs no more, and they listen, to where now it on private.
when is the next title update.

Last edited by DanielH; 05-10-2013 at 02:07 AM.
DanielH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:02 AM   #12
Siegfried

Send a message via MSN to Siegfried

SiegfriedX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold
Does anyone have a date for this update? Can't wait to finally get Surprise! and be done with this piece o crap DLC.

Siegfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:53 AM   #13
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Best news ever.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #14
ron north

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post

Best news ever.

LOLL that was fu***** hilarious and nice to see People Can Fly FINALLY listening to someone........now they need to patch the DLC playlist and just put the DLC MAPS and not all the maps in every damn playlist.
ron north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #15
DanielH

Epic, made the game, with microsoft.

People Can Fly(People Can Suck)made the MP before haven and call to arms came out. now PCF(PCS)throws a WORST DLC, ever, and since 4/23/13 to now, i have complained about the achievements, had it not been on public, i would have got 59/60 achievement ON private ON 4/23/13.

now i can finally, on private, get 5 1st place on boneyard with bots, 10 points 5 times, and achievement, as well Surprise.

Last edited by DanielH; 05-10-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #16
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 42 (more» ...)
Thanks, PCF. It really makes one feel like an idiot for getting the achievements, when they later are being handed out to anyone.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-2

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #17
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielH View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiVaL View Post
Epic announced during this weeks twitch stream the "Public/Ranked" achievements will be unlockable in private matches after the next TU which is coming with the release of the next/final DLC pack, its release date will be announced sometime next week

source: http://www.twitch.tv/epicgames/b/401399589?t=46m52s
There you have it. Announcement is next week (probably on Wednesday to coincide with the free map release) so we'll have to wait until then. You figure it'll be three weeks after the Dreadnought map since all the DLC has been around three week intervals.

3/29 - Haven map
4/23 - Call to Arms DLC
5/15 - Dreadnought map
6/4 or 6/11 - New DLC?
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #18
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 42 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
There you have it. Announcement is next week (probably on Wednesday to coincide with the free map release) so we'll have to wait until then. You figure it'll be three weeks after the Dreadnought map since all the DLC has been around three week intervals.

3/29 - Haven map
4/23 - Call to Arms DLC
5/15 - Dreadnought map
6/4 or 6/11 - New DLC?
Depends on the GS it adds, though. Officially, you're allowed to add only 250 GS each quarter. Of course, in the past the rule book has been disregarded when it suited MS or they couldn't care less. Time will tell, I guess.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-2

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #19
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriRock View Post
Depends on the GS it adds, though. Officially, you're allowed to add only 250 GS each quarter. Of course, in the past the rule book has been disregarded when it suited MS or they couldn't care less. Time will tell, I guess.
Is that every "calendar" quarter or once every three months...? I'm sure they would want to get this DLC out ASAP since they're losing players by the minute.

As you've said, M$ has gone against it's own "rules" before, so they could always do it again. Next week we'll find out!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #20
Siegfried

Send a message via MSN to Siegfried

SiegfriedX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold
Quote:

3/29 - Haven map
4/23 - Call to Arms DLC
5/15 - Dreadnought map
6/4 or 6/11 - New DLC?
So the Surprise! achievement should finally be fixed next week

Siegfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #21
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts
They should only make Surprise! available in private, the rest should stay as is. I can't believe they're changing it just because a bunch of cry babies bitched about not getting ACHIEVEMENTS handed to them.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #22
supadryz

supadryz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Well that's good news, good thing I have not done any grinding as yet.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #23
Kyusskiller

Kyuss1978's Gamercard
All you who can't get 5 wins in FFA don't deserve the achievement. Complete BS, just because you no skill cry babies whined they are making something that takes skill into free gamerscore. The surprise achievement was worthy of complaint, but you guys are little cry babies.
Kyusskiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #24
FYC Punker

Punk N Pi3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyusskiller View Post
All you who can't get 5 wins in FFA don't deserve the achievement. Complete BS, just because you no skill cry babies whined they are making something that takes skill into free gamerscore. The surprise achievement was worthy of complaint, but you guys are little cry babies.
Seriously GTFO,your on an achievement website and its not just about skill it's about luck,I've played on boneyard 4 times since the dlc release,that map never pops up for me.
FYC Punker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #25
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiVaL View Post
Epic announced during this weeks twitch stream the "Public/Ranked" achievements will be unlockable in private matches after the next TU which is coming with the release of the next/final DLC pack, its release date will be announced sometime next week

source: http://www.twitch.tv/epicgames/b/401399589?t=46m52s
Quote:

3/29 - Haven map
4/23 - Call to Arms DLC
5/15 - Dreadnought map
6/4 or 6/11 - New DLC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
So the Surprise! achievement should finally be fixed next week
Huh? The ANNOUNCEMENT for the next DLC will be next week, and the next title update will hit when the DLC does. And who's to say that they will address "Surprise!" at all?

This is what happens when people don't read...

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 05-10-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #26
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYC Punker View Post
Seriously GTFO,your on an achievement website and its not just about skill it's about luck,I've played on boneyard 4 times since the dlc release,that map never pops up for me.
No luck involved get in a lobby and play 7 match's and one of them will be on Boneyard. You either haven't played much or you keep backing out before the cycle finish's.

Last edited by The Duke of Darkness; 05-10-2013 at 11:01 PM.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:42 AM   #27
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
No luck involved get in a lobby and play 7 match's and one of them will be on Boneyard. You either haven't played much or you keep backing out before the cycle finish's.
I was fortunate enough to get in my own bot lobbies in public and cycle trough all maps 3 times to get the 3 remaining boneyard wins i had left. And it took me around 3 hours... just pummeling bots...

I ain't mister love boosting, i ain't in favor of handling achievements for free and all, but on that one i support the guy... waiting an HOUR or so to just be lucky and have A SHOT at winning a game on boneyard(against 9 other persons if no bots are present) is just damn stupid... If the games would let you search for the map, get in the lobby, wait for the game to start and then play it, i would say ok , even tough i hate FFA in the first place in its concept(its no real GOW to me, but TDM of this one aint much either anyway) that achievement would be "ok" even tough a pain. Now its just damn stupid, cause if you enter boneyard your almost sure the game is aready ouch of reach with a 6-7 kills minimal lead. Cause you aint entering as soon as you join either... even if you enter at 4 kills lead, you can wait til he got 8 before spawning... stupid

Gears of War Legend
Old 05-11-2013, 02:30 AM   #28
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I figured they would patch it. They had until Special Event Week 30 until I got super disappointed.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:36 AM   #29
DanielH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
If the games would let you search for the map, get in the lobby, wait for the game to start and then play it, i would say ok
that is what i said. go to VS, Overrun and the rest of the maps and SELECT what map you want with bots, instead of HOURS to get boneyard 5 times and not guaranteed to win 5 times due to humans being the fator and at what cost, hours, due to not being 1st 5 times. win some, lose some.

sure you do get bots, rarely.

now, the dust has settled, peace has come, for we got call to arms on private, finally, after 3 1/2 weeks. now all to do is get like a boss, booshka, others on private with bots. no more public/rank on achievements.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #30
BillyOcean

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriRock View Post
Thanks, PCF. It really makes one feel like an idiot for getting the achievements, when they later are being handed out to anyone.
That's what iam saying, outside of "Surprise" they were fine. If your gonna make them obtainable in private with an Update than they should just make them PoP when you start up the game... Than they should also just make everyone 12th prestige. Get one kill BOOM 12th prestige... maybe the next game will be an insert pop the full 1000, take it back, trade it in... Is anyone still reading this