PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Doritos Crash Course 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-10-2013, 03:50 AM   #1
Nurd Alurt

nurd alurt's Gamercard
"Star Power" Question

When playing multiplayer, you'll see red outlines of stars you've already collected in single player. Does collecting these outines still count as collecting a star towards "Star Power"?

Also, do you have to cross the finish line for your stars to count? Rather than be teleported to the finish after the 30 second timer.

Thanks!
Nurd Alurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:02 AM   #2
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
As far as I understand, in tournaments, stars are awarded for finishing. 9 to first, 6 to second, and so on.

The ones you grab dont matter. I might be wrong, but most people unlocked this achievement from just winning races and not caring about stars.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #3
DarkZ0m

Fu2 Darkz0m's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
As far as I understand, in tournaments, stars are awarded for finishing. 9 to first, 6 to second, and so on.

The ones you grab dont matter. I might be wrong, but most people unlocked this achievement from just winning races and not caring about stars.
I unlocked it by just going for the stars and most of the time, I didn't even finished the course.

100%: 52
Latest: Portal 2
Most Anticipated Game: Dying Light

Updated: March/20/2014
DarkZ0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
TheOceanHasEyes

TheOceanHasEyes's Gamercard
I'm not sure about this one, even though I got it. The first match I played I came in first in all the races, I think. On my screen I did, I even got on the number 1 stand, unless it lagged a lot, because the scoreboard showed I came in last in all them somehow? Anyway the next tournament I focused on just collecting as much stars and I got it then, so maybe it is just collecting stars.
TheOceanHasEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
I got first in all 5 races, and barely even paid attention to collecting any stars at all, and unlocked the achievement.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #6
firehazardcs

firehazardcs's Gamercard
Same as Maka. I got first in all five races and the only stars I picked up were the ones in my direct path. It's still possible that we were able to pick up more stars than anyone else though, so I can't 100% confirm that's how to get the achievement.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #7
the real a 0bsolete

A 0bsolete's Gamercard
I was just wondering about this.. i have already collected all the stars for amazon / antarctic, and i can't play a full match without someone quitting. if anyone wants to boost this, msg me on live gt- a 0bsolete (first 0 is a zero)
Old 05-13-2013, 02:05 AM   #8
firehazardcs

firehazardcs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by the real a 0bsolete View Post
I was just wondering about this.. i have already collected all the stars for amazon / antarctic, and i can't play a full match without someone quitting. if anyone wants to boost this, msg me on live gt- a 0bsolete (first 0 is a zero)
Here's the achievement trading thread http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=471174