PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Aliens: Colonial Marines
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
zZ iain Zz

zZ iain Zz's Gamercard
worth 12???

Just wondering if its worth 12 such is what I can pick it up for I know the game some major fail reviews and all that but so did many other games over the years mainly duke nukem forever and the new star trek movie tie in game which actually is worse than aliens and scored lower on the review scale
Old 05-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
Motorexskygtr32

MotorexGTR32's Gamercard
That's really depends on your preference of gaming. If you just want to play online coop with your buddies, sure it worth it. If you are a fan of Alien, go for it.

12 euros are equialvent of $15 dollars in case if anyone wondering. I paid $30 for this game that included bug hunt dlc for free. Couldn't be happier than that and knew about the reviews out there but didn't cared for it.

Motorexskygtr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
The game is currently $19.99 on Gamefly. Since I have a 10% discount for being a member for so long, that dropped it down to $17.99, plus every three months I receive a $5.00 coupon, bringing it further down to $12.99. I bought it.

I've completed the first two missions so far and have boosted challenges a couple of times. The game is eh; your typical FPS / get to the end of the level gameplay. Nothing special. I'm not even paying attention to what's going on; just playing it to play it. I wish the waypoints were clearer (although the motion tracker does show them) as there were a couple of times I had no idea where to go or where my A.I. teammate was. I haven't experienced any glitches except xenos that crawl into and out of a solid wall and a couple of places where I was shooting an enemy and it wasn't hitting them.

For $13, it's worth me and my friend to get a good amount of gamerscore in, but I wouldn't have paid over $15.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Maybe if you get paid 12 for playing it, then it might be worth it. Otherwise steer clear of this abomination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #5
Priit3

Priit3's Gamercard
Yes, its not so bad. I have played a lot worse games.

Priit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:47 AM   #6
Motorexskygtr32

MotorexGTR32's Gamercard
Although, I do like this game but there is only one I dislike is when you play campaign for ultimate badass or challenge you need to get it done, it get annoying to follow your AI teammates and repeat the dialogues that are a part of the story...there is no way to skip it. Wish I could freely to go anywhere I want than follow AI teammates.

Motorexskygtr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:01 AM   #7
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I drank a little and picked it up for 9.99 USD
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #8
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
It's 8.99 on Gamefly, so I might pick it up!
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #9
ShadyShall

ShadyShall's Gamercard
people! stay clear of this game! it is broken! there is a very very good chance that you will fall victim to the data wipe bug once you start playing. aside from playing like a piece of shit, the game itself is broken due to a non-local-save design. I have 21 achievements and a rank 1-1 because it has erased and rest me two times.

stay away from this piece of garbage!!!
Old 06-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #10
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
Meh.
That would be a strech but I'd redbox it before you purchased it, I wasn't a huge fan of it. Maybe if I hadn't gotten all excited about the hype surrounding the game I wouldn't have put it on a pedestal.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #11
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyShall View Post
people! stay clear of this game! it is broken! there is a very very good chance that you will fall victim to the data wipe bug once you start playing. aside from playing like a piece of shit, the game itself is broken due to a non-local-save design. I have 21 achievements and a rank 1-1 because it has erased and rest me two times.

stay away from this piece of garbage!!!
I haven't had any problems with this game.

Shady, were you signed into Xbox Live before you started playing the game each time...? That's what causes the wipe, signing in after you start the game.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:34 AM   #12
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Sounds like a bad design flaw with the save system. I was looking forward to this for a long time and got very excited. Waited for a price drop and got it for 12.99. Paid 22.99 for Remember Me on the same day, and that feels like a big waste of money. So if this is bad, then it won't be as bad.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote