Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Silicon Knights closes office & sells assets, but remains alive

http://www.oxmonline.com/silicon-kni...-remains-alive

I find this hard to believe, given Too Human's poor reception and the recent court order to destroy all unsold copies of SK's Unreal Engine 3 games. I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before Silicon Knights bites the dust.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
Akuza

Akuza89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
owch, i suppose its been coming in a sense with all that happened with them...

timegate studios - lucas arts now these guys geez its gonna be hard getting a job in the gaming market ...
YU-GI-OH Arc V
Akame Ga Kill!
Sword Art Online II
Old 05-13-2013, 02:47 AM   #3
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
This is one odd piece of news

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/9/4316..._source=feedly

So some of the guys from silicon created a new studio, is now making a spiritual successor to a game the former studio created, let alone they bought some of Silicon knights stuff, and they cant be held liable for Silicon knights debts unless epic files another lawsuit in court.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Be interesting to see what they will do next. Maybe another Too Human, as I lived that game. One of a select few that did.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Too Human, when it comes down to brass tacks... was awful. Had a semi-decent story, one that I would like to see completed, but in a better built game.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
KillerBEA
Lords Are Coming

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
I need to get my hands on a copy of Xmen Destiny so I can complete that. Got Too Human though, haven't played it yet.

Hopefully the new company works out for them and all those people who were laid off can find work or have found work.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #7
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
Hopefully the new company works out for them and all those people who were laid off can find work or have found work.
Think many have. Cousin of mine used to work there, he left almost two years ago for Ubisoft Toronto, SK's been in a state of dystrophy for a long long time. Even before the Epic scuffle.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #8
otaking live

Send a message via MSN to otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:

Oh god ya. There is a surprising amount of game jobs out there if you've got skill.

otaking live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #9
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I tired to play Too Human...it sucked.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #10
LordBern

LordBern's Gamercard
Didn't they make the Legacy of Kain series ? I loved the first one on PlayStation. Kain reminds me of the Witcher...
LordBern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:16 AM   #11
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Silicon Knights was most recently responsible for Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, Eternal Darkness, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Too Human, and X-men: Destiny. For the most part they have a pretty solid track record and it's a shame to see them die off, but Precursor is supposedly crowdsource funding a spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness, the best game of SK's library, and Denis Dyack is still in charge of it, so all is right with the world.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:10 AM   #12
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
I need to get my hands on a copy of Xmen Destiny so I can complete that. Got Too Human though, haven't played it yet.

Get it cheap. When it came out my nephew rented it for PS3. I got 90% of the trophies within 3 days. Not much replay value other then the X amount of kills achivements.

Ontopic-Tough love,I can't recall an awesome game these guys have made in years. Lets hope the new stuido make a new Legacy of Kain game. That game series was awesome.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #13
Arenazombie

Arenazombie's Gamercard
Crystal Dynamics (Tomb Raider) is in charge of the Soul Reaver Licence and I think they will be creating the next installment in the series may it be Legacy of Kain or Blood Omen themselves.

My bets on Eternal Darkness
Arenazombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #14
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
Get it cheap. When it came out my nephew rented it for PS3. I got 90% of the trophies within 3 days. Not much replay value other then the X amount of kills achivements.

Ontopic-Tough love,I can't recall an awesome game these guys have made in years. Lets hope the new stuido make a new Legacy of Kain game. That game series was awesome.
All I need on x-Men destiny is to beat the game on the hardest level (I Think). I screwed up the trick to just replay the last level for the achievement.