Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-18-2013, 03:11 AM   #31
KirbyTheAlmighty

foxhound kirby's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If I had to pick one game to be my absolute favorite of this console generation...

Dark Souls. I would EASILY pick Dark Souls.

Xbox One / Day One
KirbyTheAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:13 AM   #32
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Fallout 3 ruined the whole list for you?
Don't forget I also said

GTA IV,RDR,Bioshock,New Vegas,LA Noir,God of war III were on the list too. Gackt said Duke nukem forever was over rated ? Thats a compliment cause I love that game for bargain bin price I paid for it. Not as bad as everyone made it out to be,not worth full retail at all though.

Gackt was lucky I never played Oblivion before and can't comment on Skyrim as I'm only 5 hours in but really like it so far.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #33
HyperShot12

HyperShot12's Gamercard
My top game of the decade (2000 - 2010). This is only my opinion:

Assassin's Creed 2

If I were to include games from 2010, I would have thrown Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and maybe even Just Cause 2 in there. Those were some pretty fun games.

NOTE: This is only from games I played, and I didn't play a lot.

HyperShot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #34
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
COD 4 was brilliant, but I never got into the mutliplayer like I did with MW2.
Ahh, really? It was so much better and more enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
Here Here....miss those days.
Carmona knows what I mean. It was a fresh, new, addictive FPS with great Multiplayer.

Unlike MW2, the original Modern Warfare was fair in terms of weapons, maps, and - most importantly - killstreaks. How is it fair to have your killstreaks on MW2 a Harrier that will get 10+ kills for your AC130, which will get you 6+ kills, and then a Nuke? That's fucking stupid. UAV, Airstrike, and Chopper was all you needed.

Damn, do I miss playing that game with my friends </3

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #35
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Ahh, really? It was so much better and more enjoyable.

Carmona knows what I mean. It was a fresh, new, addictive FPS with great Multiplayer.

Unlike MW2, the original Modern Warfare was fair in terms of weapons, maps, and - most importantly - killstreaks. How is it fair to have your killstreaks on MW2 a Harrier that will get 10+ kills for your AC130, which will get you 6+ kills, and then a Nuke? That's fucking stupid. UAV, Airstrike, and Chopper was all you needed.

Damn, do I miss playing that game with my friends </3
too bad it's a mess now, otherwise I'd get a group to play now. Heck honestly if we had some other people interested I would give it a try.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #36
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
too bad it's a mess now, otherwise I'd get a group to play now. Heck honestly if we had some other people interested I would give it a try.
Hmm, personally I still tried to get into MW3 with the same group of friends, but IW tried changing too much, in terms of weapon customization and killstreaks, that it made the online play horrible really.

And off topic, but I'm sure if my group of friends still gamed as often as they used to, Ghosts would be something interesting in trying out.

I just wish Call of Duty didn't change so much from the original.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #37
DeaDpOoL xx

DeaDp0oL xx's Gamercard
Skyrim
Red dead redemption
Bioshock 1 and 3
Gears of war 1
Halo3 and 4
Xcom
Dishonoured
Catherine
Borderlands 1 and 2
Gta 4
Uncharted series
Heavy rain
Far cry 3.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #38
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Hmm, personally I still tried to get into MW3 with the same group of friends, but IW tried changing too much, in terms of weapon customization and killstreaks, that it made the online play horrible really.

And off topic, but I'm sure if my group of friends still gamed as often as they used to, Ghosts would be something interesting in trying out.

Nope....Black Ops 2 was the last time I will be sucked into paying full price for a COD game.

The one thing I noticed with MW3 is that it's almost more enjoyable to play on your own then with a group of people (TDM anyway)
Old 05-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #39
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Nope....Black Ops 2 was the last time I will be sucked into paying full price for a COD game.

The one thing I noticed with MW3 is that it's almost more enjoyable to play on your own then with a group of people (TDM anyway)
Never bothered with that one, glad I didn't!

And I don't think I ever bothered to play that one solo, so if that was truly one of the only enjoyable ways to experience the MP, than I missed out

Old 05-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #40
Spade.
Parallax

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I for one actually enjoy Black Ops 2. While the MP isn't the very best, it's MILES ahead of MW3. I can play it dolo and with friends and have a great time either way.
"I wonder if I'm alive.... Breathe slowly. Open your eyes. Can you hear me? Look what's in front of you. An endless journey. Our end. What do you say? What do you feel? Were we ever really alive? This is the right choice. Let's switch off together. Let's float to no more. Goodbye. Goodbye to everything."
Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #41
Mercury

Mercury XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   XBA Representer   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Gah... Awesome video. Definitely a trip down nostalgia road. Out of the ones I saw, (and sorry for the long list), my favorites were:

Oblivion, Skyrim, GRAW, Zelda: Twilight Princess, SSB: Brawl, Castle Crashers, Gears Series, Halo Series, Mass Effect Series, Battlefield 1943, Bad Company 2, BF3, RDR, Limbo, COD 4: MW, Black Ops, Assassins Creed Series, Need for Speed series, Dead Space series, Portal 2, Crysis Series, LA Noire, Borderlands series, The Walking Dead (Telltale), BioShock Infinite, and even though they weren't listed, Darksiders, Ninja Gaiden 2 and 3: Razors Edge, and FF13
Old 05-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #42
The Elite Elite

The Elite Elite's Gamercard
Quote:
But it was the fact that COD did change from the original that gave you the Modern Warfare that you find to be the best of the series. If COD didn't do major changes we'd still be playing in WWII with preset loadouts with no perks or killstreaks. (And COD would be a much better series in that case, IMO).

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the picture!
The Elite Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #43
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade. View Post
I for one actually enjoy Black Ops 2. While the MP isn't the very best, it's MILES ahead of MW3. I can play it dolo and with friends and have a great time either way.
I don't know what dolo is, but it's probably why I hate that game so much. Besides, no offence but you are the age type the game is meant for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elite Elite View Post
But it was the fact that COD did change from the original that gave you the Modern Warfare that you find to be the best of the series. If COD didn't do major changes we'd still be playing in WWII with preset loadouts with no perks or killstreaks. (And COD would be a much better series in that case, IMO).
he meant the original MW.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #44
DeaDpOoL xx

DeaDp0oL xx's Gamercard
Quote:
I don't know what dolo is, but it's probably why I hate that game so much. Besides, no offence but you are the age type the game is meant for.

he meant the original MW.
I'm 26 and enjoy black ops 2 age means nothing.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #45
Spade.
Parallax

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Quote:
Curse this iPod's keyboard! Making me look like an idiot since I got it!

Lol I hop you don't take me as a raging twelve year old who calls people "bro" just because my age starts with '1'.
"I wonder if I'm alive.... Breathe slowly. Open your eyes. Can you hear me? Look what's in front of you. An endless journey. Our end. What do you say? What do you feel? Were we ever really alive? This is the right choice. Let's switch off together. Let's float to no more. Goodbye. Goodbye to everything."
Old 05-19-2013, 02:07 AM   #46
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaDpOoL xx View Post
I'm 26 and enjoy black ops 2 age means nothing.
Age is just a number....MOST of the Black Ops community acts like 12 year olds reguardless of age....besides Black Ops 2 is by far the WORST Call of Duty game to date.
Quote:
Curse this iPod's keyboard! Making me look like an idiot since I got it!

Lol I hop you don't take me as a raging twelve year old who calls people "bro" just because my age starts with '1'.
As long as you don't sing in your mic or scream like an idiot I am fine.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:30 AM   #47
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elite Elite View Post
Yeah, as Carmona said, I was referring to Modern Warfare, not Call of Duty or Call of Duty 2. Sorry about that, lol. But yeah, the killstreaks and over-emphasis on customizable weapons is what destroyed CoD for me.

Quote:
Age is just a number....MOST of the Black Ops community acts like 12 year olds reguardless of age....besides Black Ops 2 is by far the WORST Call of Duty game to date.
Agreed 328773% on both thoughts. I feel as though 75% of the people who play Call of Duty are immature and loud, regardless of age. And after playing a couple rounds of Black Ops II at my cousins house over Christmas, I can say with confidence that the game is awful.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:19 AM   #48
Darth Grif55

Club Deadpool's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
My top 15 in order:
Halo 3
Call of Duty 4
Mass Effect 2
Red Dead Redemption
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Mass Effect 3
Skyrim
Assassin's Creed II
Left 4 Dead
Minecraft
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Batman: Arkham City
The Walking Dead
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Dead Rising 2
Old 05-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #49
Barad
Back from Dubai!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
And with all that's been said so far, here's hoping Ghosts doesn't continue CoD's trend.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #50
DeaDpOoL xx

DeaDp0oL xx's Gamercard
Quote:

As long as you don't sing in your mic or scream like an idiot I am fine.
I'd disagree I'd have to say mw3 was the worst.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #51
Spanish Assault

Quote:
And with all that's been said so far, here's hoping Ghosts doesn't continue CoD's trend.
Here's to your disappointment come this fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaDpOoL xx View Post
I'd disagree I'd have to say mw3 was the worst.
LOL....Honestly anything past MW2 and you go downhill from there. So being the best of the worst isn't much.

I can still play MW3 and not constantly get killed by lag.....Black Ops 2.....Kill Cams and actual gameplay never match up. Besides 99% of the immature players in the Call of Duty community play the newest game....so no thanks.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #52
Barad
Back from Dubai!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Hey why no faith..

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #53
Spade.
Parallax

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Quote:

LOL....Honestly anything past MW2 and you go downhill from there. So being the best of the worst isn't much.

I can still play MW3 and not constantly get killed by lag.....Black Ops 2.....Kill Cams and actual gameplay never match up. Besides 99% of the immature players in the Call of Duty community play the newest game....so no thanks.
Black Ops 1 was actually really good. I've been frequenting that game lately, actually.

Lol you should pick up BO2 when Ghosts comes out, maybe you'll like it.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #54
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Hey why no faith..
Fool me once shame on you...fool me 5 times shame on me.

Quote:
Black Ops 1 was actually really good. I've been frequenting that game lately, actually.

Lol you should pick up BO2 when Ghosts comes out, maybe you'll like it.
I really liked Black Ops, but none of my friends played it. Im sure once Ghosts is out for a while I'll move over to that. I am enjoying MW3 right now....for the most part.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #55
AlexQuint

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDarK VorteXX View Post
I completely agree with the video.
Wow!!!!! That nostalgia. Each song suited the game. Loved it.
I still believe Halo 3 is the best game for this generation. It really is the game of the decade.
Thanks a lot! Halo 3 is definitely one of my favorite games of this generation, it's the one I played the longest (even though I had a lot more time back then ^^).
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I stopped the video when I heard All The Small Things. That was it for me.
There were still 146 songs left, and quite different: Beatles, Iron Maiden, Jimmy Hendrix, Public Enemy, Zombie Nation, Frank Sinatra, Mumfords & Sons, Bad Religion, Imagine Dragons, to cite but a few. I'm sure there was at least some you could have enjoyed ^^ That said sorry about creating a new post for something that had already been done, I hadn't noticed.
Quote:
Loved the song choices for Mass Effect 3 and Diablo 3.
I tried to have meaningful songs for each game. Given ME3 finale, Linkin Park's "In The End" was a no brainer and we had to wait over a decade for a sequel to Diablo II so "At last" felt like a good choice ^^

As far as Call of Duty goes, I'd say MW1 has the best campaign while MW2 the best multiplayer.
AlexQuint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #56
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexQuint View Post
Thanks a lot! Halo 3 is definitely one of my favorite games of this generation, it's the one I played the longest (even though I had a lot more time back then ^^).

There were still 146 songs left, and quite different: Beatles, Iron Maiden, Jimmy Hendrix, Public Enemy, Zombie Nation, Frank Sinatra, Mumfords & Sons, Bad Religion, Imagine Dragons, to cite but a few. I'm sure there was at least some you could have enjoyed ^^ That said sorry about creating a new post for something that had already been done, I hadn't noticed.
I tried to have meaningful songs for each game. Given ME3 finale, Linkin Park's "In The End" was a no brainer and we had to wait over a decade for a sequel to Diablo II so "At last" felt like a good choice ^^

As far as Call of Duty goes, I'd say MW1 has the best campaign while MW2 the best multiplayer.
well kudos on making an awesome video. I think there were lots oif songs that fit well for the game.