|11-02-2012, 04:08 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2011
Getting Gold On Trick Races Guide
Thank you for choosing this walk-through for Spider-Man 3 trick races. Not...that you had much choice in the matter. Which is, of course, why I wrote it. To my knowledge this is the only comprehensive walk through out there on the internet for the races, which was very distressing when deciding to finally tackle the three X-Box 360 achievements after years of dragging my feet.
Up front I want to stress that these solutions are merely how I accomplished these races. I cannot promise that you have the resolve, the patience, or the skill set to accomplish them exactly as I accomplished them. I'm sure there are solutions out there that are easier than how I completed them.
The goal of this walk through is to take a lot of the guess work out of the races. Once you know what you're doing every race is very, very doable. There were only two races that I really considered giving up while doing. If you've done any research you'll most assuredly have heard people complaining that it is near impossible to get gold on these races, but I'm telling you I'm not that great of a gamer. At least I don't feel I am. So if I can do it you can do it.
The first piece of advice I can offer you, before we get into the guide, is to go through a race once or twice without rushing. You just want to go through leisurely so that you understand where all the markers are. Knowledge is half the battle as they say.
Second piece of advice play the game and get all the speed upgrades that you can. Unfortunately too much time passed between my original playing of the game and my getting gold on these races so I don't recall how to get any of them. I've heard that there is seven speed upgrades to web swinging, but I only had the first six. So you may have an easier time than I did at points if there is a seventh and you have it.
A couple of personal recommendations I have is to first do these in order. Do not continue until you've gotten gold. That spaces out the two that are really difficult in my opinion and gives you some time with ones that are more leisurely. Secondly, put something on your computer to listen to or watch. I listened to five seasons of Whose Line Is It Anyway, about ten music albums, ten hours of stand-up by Marc Maron, Bill Burr, Nick DiPaolo and George Carlin, and even more hours listening to The Rachel Maddow Show and Real Time With Bill Maher. Basically what I'm saying is keep your mind busy and relegate the gaming to muscle memory.
For each race I present the Gold Time, the Silver Time, the Bronze Time, and my Personal Time.
Table Of Contents
[WSE] Web Swing Engine
[MKR] Marker Types
[EAS] Easy Races
[MED] Medium Races
[HAR] Hard Races
[END] Ending & Credits
If you are looking for an individual race you can quickly search for R##. Obviously replacing the ## with whatever number you are looking for. For the first nine races they are written as 01, 02, 03, etc.
Web Swing Engine [WSE]
This section is written by a gamer named Scratch W, whose detailed writing the game engine was quite helpful. I make some notes below in each race, but I think it is very important to know all of this:
Web Swing (Pull and Hold RT) and Web Swing Boost (Pull and Hold to Swing, then Pull LT to Boost) - Boost at the beginning of your swing to propel yourself downward (essential for Race 28); Boost at the end of your swing to propel yourself upward; Boost in the middle of your swing to propel yourself forward - the fastest way to travel in the game. You must have something above you or in front of you to Web Swing.
Web Zip (Tap RT) and Web Zip Boost (Tap RT to Zip, then Pull LT to Boost) - very useful and Web Zip Boost is almost as fast as Web Swing Boost but is, for the record, slightly slower. What itís good for is getting from one Checkpoint to another when they are spaced close enough together and roughly the same height off the ground. Web Zip is also for perfect for getting through the trees in Central Park (like in Bomb Tour 7 and Race 24) because, unlike Web Swing, you donít get snagged in them. It is important to note that if you do this right, you will slingshot forward. If youíre traveling via Web Zip Boost and using it repeatedly, you must wait a second or so before using it again or you wonít slingshot as far as your initial Web Zip Boost. Waiting that half a second longer to Web Zip Boost again propels you twice as far and twice as fast - remember that. Also, you must have something below you or in front of you to Web Zip.
Jump (Press A) - understand that Jump is the most sensitive control in the Web Swing Engine and there is a lot you can do with it depending on how long you Hold A before you Release A. You also get an extra jump out of every single Swing, Zip or Jump that you do. Save your Jumps. They will save you.
Quick Jump (Tap A) Ė you can use this to break your momentum if you're traveling too fast. You can also use it to get off the ground for that first Checkpoint, you can use it to steady yourself coming out of a Checkpoint and you can use it to keep yourself in the air while you aim your camera with RS for the next Checkpoint.
Charged Jump (Hold A) - did you know you can charge your Jump during a late Web Swing Boost (upward) and release it at the end of your swing? Well, you can and it shoots you up into the sky like a rocket. This is useful for going from a low checkpoint (on or near the ground) to a high checkpoint (on or near a rooftop) very quickly.
Double Jump (Tap A while in mid-Jump) - all it is, is the second jump. Your Double Jump cannot be charged.
Fine Tuning in Mid Air (LS) - you can actually fine tune your speed in mid air after a Swing, Zip or Jump by simply pushing forward or pulling back on the LS to extend your motion or slow your speed as needed.
Blind Web Swing, Blind Web Zip, Blind Web Swing Boost, Blind Web Zip Boost - there will be times in the Trick Races (if you choose to endure them) when you will be moving one way but you need to be moving the other way fast. To do a complete 180 at 90 m.p.h., simply initiate a Web Swing, Web Zip, Web Swing Boost or Web Zip Boost (depending on the situation) over your shoulder. Then, straighten out your camera to match your trajectory (so you're no longer blind) on the fly - literally. These four moves are not guaranteed to save you (nothing is, save for you) but you will find yourself at some point using some variation of at least one of them out of necessity...
|11-02-2012, 04:09 AM||#2|
Join Date: Nov 2011
Marker Types [MRK]
Again this section is written by Scratch W as I felt I could not improve on what he had already written. Scratch W was kind enough to allow me to post both the above and the current section as he originally wrote it. Just a note to keep any confusion from arising, he calls them checkpoints and I call them markers. In hindsight he has the better name, but I'm stubborn.
Anything (Get through Checkpoint any way possible) - self explanatory.
Land (Touch the ground) - self explanatory.
Wall Crawl (Hold B while pushing into the Wall) and Wall Crawl Boost (Hold B and Hold LT) - to grab the wall, hit B. Use LS to crawl, Hold LT to crawl faster. There are some Races that end with a Wall Crawl. If you grab the wall outside just outside the Checkpoint, Wall Crawl Boost might get you in there under the Gold time. Laugh all you want but every fraction of a second helps. I forget what Race it was but Iíll never forget that I missed its Gold time by .042 seconds, then by .024 seconds, and then by .012 seconds and, mind you, you only get that perfect run maybe one in ten times if youíre lucky.
Web Swing (Pull RT) - you donít necessarily have to Swing through this Checkpoint and you can Zip through it. The only thing that matters is that you Pull RT while youíre inside it.
Wall Sprint (Pull and Hold LT and Press B while pushing into the wall) - you can aim Wall Sprint with LS but it is important to note that letting go of LS and RS and simply holding LT and B is Wall Sprint neutral. In other words, once youíve aimed, landed and begun Wall Sprinting in the right direction, let go of LS and RS to Wall Sprint straight. This is imperative when you are required to Wall Sprint around the corner of a building (Race 35.) If you try to aim with LS while turning the corner, youíre likely to shoot off the wall completely. Wall Sprint is the touchiest part of the Web Swing Engine (more so than Wall Jump, I think) for that reason and this one: how you hit the wall heading into a Wall Sprint can make or break your Race. Hit it right, and youíre set. Hit it wrong, and you must restart.
Wall Jump (Press A while Wall Sprinting) - sounds easy right? Yes and no. The Wall Jump only registers after you Release A. You can also do a Quick Wall Jump (while Holding LT and B, Tap A) and a Charged Wall Jump (while Holding LT and B, Hold and Release A). So, depending on where your next Checkpoint is, you can do a Quick Wall Jump to hop for that close one or you can do a Charged Wall Jump to leap for that far one.
Poleswing (Hold B while near a pole) - the faster you hit the Poleswing, the faster you can do your two to eight Revolutions required to pass the Checkpoint. In other words, if you can hit it coming out of a Swing, Zip or Jump, youíll pass it quickly. If you can hit it coming out of Swing Boost, Zip Boost or Charged Jump youíll pass it quickly and fly out of it to boot. You can also Poleswing Boost (while Poleswinging, rapidly tap LT to Boost.) It is important to note that, if you let go LS and RS while Poleswinging, you will Poleswing neutral. Releasing B out of Poleswing neutral or Poleswing Boost neutral shoots you straight up into the air. That is the secret to Race 48, by the way.
Orbit (Attach a webline within the Checkpoint and Orbit around the Checkpoint) and Orbit Boost (While Holding RT, Press LT) - it is important to Boost in mid-Orbit so as to launch out this Checkpoint and thus towards the next one.
Loop (Attach a webline within the Checkpoint and Loop around the Checkpoint) and Loop Boost (While Holding RT, Press LT) - it is important to Boost in mid-Loop so as to launch out this Checkpoint and thus towards the next one.
Easy Races [EAS]
Race 1 [R01]
0:42.000, 1:08.000, 1:15.000, 0:39.638
Thoughts: You can get gold on this without the web zip, but it's good practice regardless to use it.
- Run forward for the first mark.
- Immediately afterwards web swing through the second mark and onto the elevated train tracks.
- If you don't land on this mark just quickly run through it.
- Web swing through this next mark...
- ...and if you're a good aim you can land in this next mark.
- Web swing through the next mark, and you might be able to swing through the next one.
- At this point you can either web swing through the marks or you can get in your practice with web zipping. You go forward through the next five marks using these techniques.
- By now you should see the tracks make a 90 degree turn to the left, web swing around the corner and there will be a mark requiring you to land. If you're going quite fast you can hold down on the left stick to slow yourself.
- Web zip or web swing down the tracks to the end where you'll go through another mark.
- Depending on your momentum it might carry you on to the final mark, a landing mark, across the street. Otherwise web swing or web zip to it.
Race 2 [R02]
0:36.000, 0:54.000, 1:10.000, 31.220
- You'll want to start off with a jump over a barrier in front of you. You'll need a careful jump so as not to spend additional time in the air and not go beyond it. You need to land/walk through this mark.
- Web swing into the air and web zip forward until you've gone through the mark. Do not web zip again afterwards.
- You'll now need to web swing around the corner of a building through another mark.
- Web zip forward to the roof of a building on the left. It's real easy to web zip too far, so you'll need to gauge whether or not you need to web swing or jump to make it to the mark without going past.
- Here is a moment where I'm sure somebody has a better way to get to the next mark. I double jumped onto the roof just ahead and literally just ran to the next mark. That likely takes more time than necessary, but it's what I did.
- Just ahead of you will be an airborn mark that you should get through by falling, and maybe with a jump.
- Again, it may not be the best way to go about it, but I ran right to the land marker right in front of where you land.
- From here it's a bit of luck with aiming. You need to jump high and web zip to the awning with the land marker. You may need to do a jump as well to reach it comfortably.
- Running forward you can reach the next land marker on the awning in front of you with just a jump.
- Run forward and either web swing forward or web zip forward. I've done both.
- Once through that marker web zip forward and you should be able to land inside the final marker. You might also be able to web swing to it.
Race 3 [R03]
0:22.000, 0:35.000, 0:45.000, 0:18.376
- Run forward through the first marker.
- Jump and web swing through the next marker, and start turning to the left.
- This next marker is in the air and you should be able to go through it with the first web swing. The sign on the edge of the building can be problematic if you turn too sharply. If you're real talented you can actually make it between the sign and the building.
- Web zip down the street through the next two or three markers before web swinging to turn onto a street to your right. I have a tendency to alternate web zip and web swing down this street.
- This next one can be rather annoying as you have to land with all this speed. I can't give much in the way of advice, you just need to have the right amount of momentum and speed so you don't land too far before or after it.
- Jump and web swing through the next marker, aiming to go down the street to its right.
- Web zip or web swing down this street through the next marker.
- Depending on how confident you feel you can either web zip or web swing to this final marker. Web zip is faster, but a bit less sure of where you'll land and web swing is slower but more easily controlled.
Race 4 [R04]
0:30.000, 0:48.000, 1:00.000, 0:29.456
- There is no way to do this race without the web zip and the boost. It's only one mark and you need to do a combination of web zips and web swings over the rooftops and around buildings.
Race 5 [R05]
0:31.000, 0:42.000, 1:00.000, 0:30.920
- You have one basic strategy for the vast majority of this race. Be high enough to web zip forward, then use a web swing to dip down low to grab the next one. There will be some times towards the middle to end of the race where you may need a couple of web zips or web swings in a row to comfortably grab a marker.
- The final marker is a landing marker, just web zip to this and try to land in it. Odds are if you don't land in it you won't have enough time to get gold.
|11-02-2012, 04:10 AM||#3|
Join Date: Nov 2011
Race 6 [R06]
0:38.000, 0:54.000, 1:10.000, 0:37.874
- Jump and web zip forward a couple of times until you're close to the marker. Before you reach it you'll want a web swing so you can comfortably turn around the corner to the right.
- Another good web zip will send you down this street and again you'll want a web swing when close to the marker to swing around the corner to the left.
- Web zip forward, but don't be too concerned about jumping to maintain height. You'll want to be fairly low so that you can web swing around the corner to the right and grab the marker. I don't recommend using the web swing boost here.
- Keep low and web swing around the corner to the left.
- Web zip down this street. This is entering the painful part. You want to use a web swing to grab the marker, but save the boost so that you use it to propel you upwards. That is quite important.
- If you did that right you'll be high enough that you can web zip across the top of the buildings in front of you. If you're not high enough you're going to hit walls and it's going to screw you over. Towards the end the marker will be very low towards the street. Free fall and try not to freak out about all the time it takes to do that. When you're close web swing through it, and use that boost to start your speed back up.
- Now here is a difficult decision. You can use that web swing to go right for one block, and blindly web zip to the left for a straight shot to the final marker--but, there is a fence in front of and behind this marker. If you aren't the right distance and height you can easily over shoot it or land just before it. Alternatively you can go left with this web swing and web zip down this until you clear the building and then try to web zip straight to the marker. The fence isn't in your way with this one. I'd recommend the left path, but if you're good with your aim the right path may serve you well.
Race 7 [R07]
0:34.000, 0:48.000, 1:08.000, 0:30.388
- This race is like Race 4. There is only one marker and you will not make it without web zip. Odds are on the building the marker is atop of you'll need to land on the side of the building with B and scurry upwards while jumping.
- Just as an indicator of how easy this race can be when you have web zips and web swings down, I broke my own record going through this race while writing the guide.
Race 8 [R08]
0:28.000, 0:50.000, 1:06.000, 0:26.196
- Jump and web zip forward.
- Quickly web swing for a sharp turn to the right for the next marker. Try to leap high when you leave the swing.
- Web zip forward, but you may want to hold down on the left stick to slow yourself so that you land in the marker.
- Quickly jump again and web zip forward again through the next marker.
- This next one takes a little bit of luck, or it's going to screw you on the time. With the momentum of the last web zip hope that you clear enough of the ducts on the roof to get to the next marker. A double jump may help with that. If you have to jump over one, that's not too bad. Don't jump extremely high, you're just wasting time with that.
- You can jump off the roof if you want, but you'll spend a bit of time in the air before you hit the marker. I just walked off the roof and used web swing through the marker and around the corner to the right.
- Web zip down the street, and web swing around the corner to the right through another one.
- Now then use another web swing and swing yourself high enough to clear the building right in front of you. Web zip forward. I used a web zip with the boost, and then one without the boost while holding down on the left stick to land.
Race 9 [R09]
0:26.000, 0:38.000, 0:52.000, 0:24.964
Thoughts: This race really isn't too difficult. I beat it in a matter of ten tries.
- Run forward and jump forward. It may take a couple tries to get the right amount of jump so that you don't waste too much time in the air.
- Jump out of this little depression in the roof and hopefully you'll land close enough to the next marker to run through it quickly.
- Web swing or web zip forward until you go through the marker, and then web swing to your left.
- This one is a bit difficult as in the middle of the level you need to land in a landing marker. It's all about learning how to aim where you'll land.
- Jump and web swing through the nearby marker and if done right you can swing through a second one as well.
- I would recommend sticking with a web swing through the alley, for both the one at the opening and the one at the exit.
- Web swing to the left as you pass the building just beyond the exit of the alley, and then web zip through the marker.
- Keep web zipping down the street and you'll need to aim to land in another landing marker.
Race 10 [R10]
0:52.000, 1:00.000, 1:20.000, 0:50.252
Thoughts: This race really isn't too difficult either. I beat it in a matter of two attempts.
- Web zip forward a few times. You're aiming for a landing marker on a roof. A well place zip will put you right in the middle of it and make keep your momentum going right off the other side so you're not slowed down by standing.
- Web zip forward down the street a couple of times and prepare to either web zip or web swing to a street angled left.
- A web zip will send you down far enough to go through the next marker.
- Web swing around sharply to the right and cut across the corner of the park. Keep high while web zipping, if you dip below the tree line you may not come out of it with gold. Keep going and the marker will be in front of you between two buildings.
- You'll want to keep going forward to the intersection in front of you and then web zip left down the street. Web zip your way down the street and as you approach it web swing around to the right.
- Web zip down and again as you approach it web swing to the left down the street.
- Go down one block by zip or by swing and then take a right out to where you can see open water. Swing left and web zip your way down the street. The marker is on a low roof of a building.
Medium Races [MED]
Race 11 [R11]
0:40.000, 1:00.000, 1:15.000, 0:38.174
Thoughts: The quickest entrance to this race can be found across the street from a nearby building with a raised, I guess you could say, patio around it. If you can't find it here, go to Bomb Tour 8's building, mark Race 11 on your map, and then go down to the subway and hop on a train. It may take a minute or so but the train will take you to it.
- I found that it helped me to turn up the brightness/contrast in the game's settings. I upped mine to 85.
- When you start this if a train is oncoming and will be in your way just save yourself the time and restart now.
- For the first mark you want to web zip forward, without using LT. You may need to web swing to make sure you go through it, and when you do that swing over to the right hand side of the tunnels. Don't get too high with the web swing--there are two big wires or pipes on the ceiling that will hinder your movement.
- Web zip down the right hand side (with LT) until you're close to the mark. I had a tendency to swap over to web slinging when the number until the mark was at about 60. Use this web swing to get yourself above whatever those things are that divide the two tracks. Getting above these is critical.
- Web zip back across and repeat the last step. Web zip down the line until you're at about 60 meters away and then web swing up high.
- Again, web zip back across to the other side and continue as you have been.
- Web zip forward quite a ways, taking the left branch of the tunnels and going to the left hand side of this tunnel. Again when you're close web swing through and get high enough to web zip to the right side.
- With this next mark you can either continue as you have been with the web zip and then web swing or if you feel you can manage it just web zip straight through and keep going until you reach the archway into the subway platform.
- Now here is the frustrating part: You need to wall run up to the peak of the archway. If you're like me when you try to wall run here you'll simply run against the wall into the platform. The trick is to jump into the wall and then pull in LT and hold B.
- With any luck you should have about ten minutes left to run up the stairs in front of you to your left. As we're in a hurry now I know it's real easy to mess up the jump over the barrier and over shoot or hit the ceiling which delays you some, but if you can get just the right jump over it you can quickly enter the women's bathroom (the right pathway) and get into the final mark.
|11-02-2012, 04:11 AM||#4|
Join Date: Nov 2011
Race 12 [R12]
0:35.000, 0:48.000, 1:00.000, 0:34.614
Thoughts: Okay, so remember how important boost were in all the previous races? They screw you up a lot in this one. As does jumping at the end of a web swing. This race also introduces two new types of markers. Type one is pole swinging, where you have to swing around a pole (duh), and the other is a marker where you must web swing through (although if you are in the middle of it already you can web zip out of it and it will count in my experience).
- As we begin, jump and web swing forward. Try to keep low and aim for the right portion of the marker so that you sail past the corner of the building.
- Now if you're lucky you can immediately grab the pole for that marker and spin around twice. If you're like me you can never hit it more than once, but that's alright. In the one I got gold on I didn't catch the pole, I had to jump up specifically to grab it. It's not ideal but it can be done if fast enough. Spin around twice and web zip on down the street.
- You want to keep low and web swing through this marker. We want accuracy over speed. This is one exception to the don't jump rule for this race. Jump high.
- Web zip (and you can use the boost here) to the landing marker on a short roof. Try to cover as much ground with web zip as possible as the more time you have to run on that roof to the marker the worse off you'll be.
- Jump and web zip off the roof into a web swing around the corner, catching the marker as you go. It is real important to keep low and accurate on this marker and the next two. Don't jump or you'll waste time in the air.
- Web swing through the next marker and to the next one. Feel free to let go of the web swing early so that you can use the momentum to sail forward. It's a way to keep moving and not need to do extra motions.
- After this one web zip down the street until you see the last pole marker. I was lucky and managed to catch it mid-air. It might be possible to land beneath it and jump up to it quickly, but if you can just catch the pole it makes a big difference. Spin around once and leap off.
- Web swing and aim to be thrust as high into the air as possible. Web zip forward for the building and jump at the right moments. A good aim will drop you right on the stairwell roof. If you miss you can jump up there, but be quick about it.
Race 13 [R13]
0:18.000, 0:32.000, 0:40.000, 0:17.506
- This is another one that features wall run, and thankfully only at the beginning. What you want to do is do a controlled jump, not too high, and put yourself close enough to the wall as you fall to begin wall running down. You'll go through four markers zig-zagging left and right down the wall. To minimize on time running try to just clip the edges of them.
- There is no real good way to do the next part. You need a strong enough jump to leap onto the Oscorp statue, I guess we'll call it. You need to move quickly around it's top to get all three, but be careful. You don't have a lot of room to manuever. If you fall, kiss gold goodbye.
- Once you have the third one web-zip back onto the wall of the building and scurry upwards while you press in on the A button for a jump. One good jump should throw you onto the lower roof where you can land in the final marker.
Race 14 [R14]
0:52.000, 1:08.000, 1:20.000, 0:45.393
Thoughts: This is kind of an erratic race where you need to be annoyingly precise at times, but all in all it took me about ten tries. If I can do it, you can do it.
- Start out by jumping high and web zipping forward. You may need to jump, but that's on a case by case basis. You don't need to land precisely where the marker is. You can actually land on the little platform beneath it.
- Run to the left, jump and web swing around the building towards the next mark. This mark you do have to actually be inside of for it to count. Landing on it can be difficult, but if you land beside it, don't fret you can jump up there fairly quickly.
- A controlled jump towards the next marker. You should be able to make it as simple as that, maybe a double jump.
- Another controlled jump forward and web swing. It's a marker where you have to web swing through it, so you should be fine, but be careful you'll need to squeeze between the building and a water tower.
- With that same swing get yourself high enough to jump over the building just in front of you. This may take a couple of tries to get the positioning right, but you're aiming to land just behind a billboard on a lower roof. You may need to use a double jump to land where you want to.
- Immediately web zip across the street to the building and hit B to wall crawl. You should be able to just scurry up to catch it, but if you feel you're too low try a jump to boost yourself up.
- This next one can be a bit tricky. If you keep going up you'll get to it as it's on the top of a water tower with a tiny place to land. You can try to jump up there from the wall. Personally on the one I won I messed up and had to jump and crawl up to the top, so if you're doing well on time it may not matter that much.
- From the top web zip forward past the rest of the roofs and you'll have a very narrow place with which to aim for--you need to land between two buildings and web swing through the alley through a web swing marker.
- Swing high enough to web zip forward. There will be a red building in front of you, and it will have an alley just in front of it. Your goal is to fall into the alley way and web swing through the next marker.
- Swing up high and jump, you want to try to clear the building in front of you. Web zip past it and you should have a nice free fall towards a parking lot where the final marker is. On the time I got gold I missed the target and had to walk back, but I still had plenty of time to do so.
Race 15 [R15]
0:20.000, 0:40.000, 1:00.000, 0:19.539
Thoughts: This was annoying and seemingly impossible before I read just one huge piece that I was missing in a post at TrueAchievements.com by BUGAJ75 RETURNS. So a round of applause for the advice he willingly gave in a post.
- When you start off you must get to the top of the roof just ahead of you. You can go two ways with getting there. You can hold in A until it's fully charged and make one big jump up there or you can run forward, jump into the wall and hit B, then tap A to jump up further. Both work, the latter is faster but a little more frantic with the button pressing. You don't have to land on the very spot of the marker, you can land on the piece of roof just below it.
- Now hold in A until your jump is fully charged (there's no indicator, you just have to make a guess) and jump up and forward to a mark high in the air. It's best to not need a double jump, but use it if you must.
- Hold forward on your left stick and you should hopefully miss the next piece of roof and fall into the next marker. You need to time a web zip to the building in front of you so that you've just fallen into the marker when you hit for it.
- If you web zipped at the right time you can hit the wall and press B for the web crawl right where the marker begins.
- Scurry up the side of the building, and do one big jump up the side of the building.
- You want only a half charged jump for this next one. You'll land a little before the mark, but that's okay. As you go up into the mark hold down A.
- Now here is where BUGAJ75 RETURNS gets well deserved credit. Make sure you are not holding any button but A and then release A. Spider-Man will jump straight away from the building back towards the area you started. The longer you hold A the further away you'll jump. Arrange the camera so you can see as you're falling and aim for the marker in the center of the building. You should have little problem landing in it.
- Once it registers that you've hit the marker, web zip forward onto the wall and hit B to go into web crawl. Quickly jump up and with any luck you will land in the final marker. I personally missed it slightly and had to walk into it.
|11-02-2012, 04:11 AM||#5|
Join Date: Nov 2011
Race 16 [R16]
0:28.000, 0:40.000, 1:00.000, 0:27.726
- To begin with run over to the wall to your left and tap B to wall run onto it. Just run through this first mark.
- Keep wall running forward and around the corner. The marker for this wall run is on the opposite wall, but if you can run in just the right place you can get that marker without being on the other wall.
- From here web zip across the street and stick to the side of the building. Quickly jump up and forward onto a raised portion of the roof. Hit to wall run as you approach the far edge of the raised roof and you should run down through the marker and to a lower portion of the roof.
- Run forward to the next wall and wall run up through the marker slightly to your right. If you keep holding LT and B in you can wall run up this without having to hit them again.
- Jump across to the building to the right of this marker. There is a landing marker on top of a vent, but you can walk right next to the vent and still grab it.
- Jump up to the higher portion of roof in front of you and make your way to the far side. Wall run down the side of the building until you've gone through the marker.
- Just keep running forward and holding the buttons in until you go up the opposite wall and through another marker
- You'll start to slow down near the top, that's normal. Once you get close to the top jump up and web zip to the building just ahead of you. Stick to the wall and scurry up. A controlled jump will put you closer to it. You must be wall crawling when you go through this final marker.
Race 17 [R17]
0:32.000, 0:45.000, 1:05.000, 0:30.089
- Your opening salvo will be a web zip (no boost) across the street right into a web crawl in the marker.
- Make a controlled jump towards the marker on your left. A lot of going up and down the building depends on landing right in these markers so you'll need a couple tries to get it right.
- For this next marker you'll need to control jump up towards it, but let go of LT as you do so. Otherwise when you hit B to stick to the wall you'll wall run and screw it up.
- Continue up the building using controlled jumps to land right in the markers. If you land a little outside it's a little bit extra time but you may be able to make it anyway. There are three more markers until the top of the building.
- Once on top of the building one controlled jump will send you towards the top of a tower where your next marker is. I would recommend not trying to jump so high that you can land on the top. Jump just high enough to stick to the side near the top and crawl the rest of the way and grab the marker.
- Jump forward towards the next marker. As you approach the edge of the building let off the run button and tap B to immediately go into a wall crawl and through your next marker.
- There are three more markers zig-zagging down the side of the building. Again controlled jumps should send you near or in the markers.
- Once you are in the last marker let go of all buttons and tap A. Then nudge your left stick forward a couple of taps and you should land inside the final marker.
Race 18 [R18]
0:43.000, 0:50.000, 1:00.000, 0:39.804
Thoughts: I got this on my third try, and with a couple of mistakes made. By now you should really have any skill I have so hopefully it goes as easy for you.
- You're going to start by jumping forward and web swinging as high as you can so that you can web zip over some rooftops. It's a landing marker on the top of a walled in water tower. If you land on the side of the building with B, don't worry you can jump/crawl up to the top.
- Web zip to the next marker which is another landing marker.
- Fall off the side of the building and time your web swing so that you go through the marker. This marker requires you to web swing through it, so you can't simply fall through it.
- Use that same web swing to jump high enough to land inside the next landing marker.
- Double jump up to the next ledge, and the ledge after that, and then wall run up that wall through the wall run marker to the next ledge.
- Web zip your way through the web zip/web swing marker just ahead of you. It make take a couple of zips, but it should also propel you...
- ...to your next marker, a landing marker on a ledge of a building.
- Double jump up to land in the next landing marker on another ledge of the building.
- Jump up to the top of the building where your final marker, a landing marker, is between two air ducts. You can get this if you stand on top of either duct as well so it's more important to get there than it is to be precise in landing between the ducts.
Race 19 [R19]
0:18.000, 0:25.000, 0:30.000, 17.644
Thoughts: Simple, but short enough to perhaps cause a headache.
- Start by running forward and hold B as you approach the edge to wall run down through the first marker.
- The next one, still a wall running one, will be off to the right. The next one back on the central wall, and the final wall running mark on the left. Just maintain control of your run and you'll be fine.
- Once you've gone through the last one jump out towards the street and begin web zipping down the street. If you can zip through the marker in the middle of the air go for it. I needed to slow down with a web swing to make it through. Proper boosting will make or break gold on this one.
- Keep web zipping, but be aware the final marker is on the top of a ceiling for some stairs and so it may require you to be rather precise in your landing. When I got gold I actually missed slightly to the left but still somehow went through it for it to count. So there's a little programming grace.
Race 20 [R20]
0:44.000, 1:00.000, 1:10.000, 0:43.364
Thoughts: This one really requires you to make very little mistakes. You need to be precise on a lot of it, so this may take a few tries.
- To start off jump and web zip forward through the first marker.
- Then continue to web zip down the street until you approach the corner. You'll want to stay low for the next two. The marker is real close to the low roof that it's on and this can make timing your web swing around the corner difficult for grabbing it but that's your mission. - Use that web swing to swing around the corner and web zip closer to the next marker. It's in much the same position as the last one so the strategy for the above marker applies.
- Web zip down the street and there will be a web zip/web swing marker in mid-air. While you may be able to web zip through it you need to get up higher so web swing through.
- Swing high and web zip forward. Your next marker is a landing marker on a narrow platform in front of a billboard. A well placed web zip will take you directly into the billboard so that you can land effortlessly on the platform. It may take some practice to aim that well. Run forward and through the marker.
- As soon as you can jump and web zip forward. You're going to want to get low so space out the web zips so that you get closer to the ground. Your target is a pole marker. If you can grab it in mid-air, good for you. I did it once by a fluke, but when I got the gold I landed beneath it and had to jump up to it. Hold RT in and tap LT for a boost until you've gone around four times then web zip onwards.
- Probably about mid-zip you're going to want to change to a web swing through the next marker, and plan to use it to jump high and get around the corner of the nearby building.
- Once high enough web zip forward towards the landing marker ahead of you. A couple good zips should put you close enough to land on the marker.
- Jump forward and web swing quickly and just high enough to clear the lower roof section of the building in front of you and then web zip forward. Don't get too high with the swing or you'll be too high to web zip and might as well restart. Try to land inside, but when I got gold I landed just outside and had a little bit of time to step into the marker.
|11-02-2012, 04:12 AM||#6|
Join Date: Nov 2011
Race 21 [R21]
0:33.000, 0:55.000, 1:20.000, 0:31.852
Thoughts: This one doesn't leave room for mistakes. You must be near perfect throughout it all and it's going to feel like you have done one big combo of manuevers rather than connecting a lot of little pieces like previous races.
- To begin with run forward and jump high. Web zip towards the marker in the air and start a web swing through it. If you're like me you hold down the A button for high jumps, and that's bad for this one. Don't hold in A. You want a jump that just clears the vents on the roof in front of you.
- Web zip through the marker on this roof.
- If you did the previous one right you should fly forward towards a roof in front of you. You may need to hold up on the left stick to get yourself as far forward as possible. When you land go left into a wall run through the marker.
- The right timing on letting go of your wall run could drop you right on the middle air duct where a landing marker is. If not you can run on the roof right up against the duct for it to count.
- You can either do a charged jump and possible double jump up to the next landing marker or you can do two moderate jumps, one to the first level and the second to the second level to land inside the marker.
- Run forward and charge your jump. Leap high and web zip forward through the marker ahead of you.
- You'll need a jump in order to sail right past this roof without hitting it, and towards a marker on the side of the building in front of you. If you think you're not going to make it to the marker web zip into it.
- If you haven't used your jump in flight already from your last web zip use it now and with any luck you'll make it onto the roof in front of you.
- Run forward until you see a little alley way on the roof where a web zip/web swing marker is. Drop into this hole and swing forward.
- You need to jump and land on the landing marker on top of the water tower in front of you. If you miss it, restart.
- As tempting as it may be to web zip to the next marker, web swing there instead. Web zipping will just send you right past it, but web swinging is slower and easier to land on top or at least on the side. When I got gold I landed on the side of it and quickly crawled on top.
- From here web zip to the next and final marker. Again it's on top of a water tower so precision is key.
Race 22 [R22]
0:40.000, 1:10.000, 1:40.000, 0:37.076
Thoughts: Many, many people consider this amongst the hardest races in the game. So don't be surprised if you get frustrated. I can't tell you the number of times I restarted it. It's all a matter of getting each bit down little by little. Patience is absolutely a requirement but once you get everything to go your way you can beat this with a few seconds to spare.
- To start with web zip forward. Some will say with boost, some without. I say with for this one. You may need to fiddle with the left stick in order to land inside the landing marker.
- Now this isn't exactly scientific, and to be honest I don't know if all the buttons I press even matter but it seems to do what I want it to. As you land tap LT and then A quickly. This should send you rolling across the next rooftop piece and to the next marker. Now this is a little chaotic so it's easy to go past it or to the side or hit the water tower. If you do any of that restart. You may also hit the side of the roof piece with the marker, if so just stick onto it and quickly get up there.
- Then do a controlled jump to the next marker. It's a wall run marker so you want to aim to hit the wall and wall run without ever touching the ground.
- If you time it right you can jump off the wall and land right into the next marker. Sometimes you don't make it, and you can survive this if you quickly get up there via jump or climb.
- From here you want to make one good jump forward to the next podium. Like with many of these there's a chance you'll fall short. If you can stick to the wall and just quickly climb up that really doesn't take too long so it's a viable fix.
- Web zip forward towards the building you started on. Now here is where a good aim will be necessary, you want to web zip yourself towards the wall run. Every second counts so the more on target you are the better. The very second it registers that marker web swing away.
- You want to try to land on the next marker. I wouldn't advise jumping high so you have room to manuever, it's better to unfortunately land before the mark and have to jump or climb up to it. Neither are preferable, but it's better than a high jump.
- One good jump forward places you on the next marker, and this is where, if you've gotten practice, you're basically in the home stretch.
- From here, repeat Step 3 to Step 6.
- Swing around that big building and land in the court yard. I've heard some people say they zipped down there, I personally just dropped close to the entrance and ran into the marker.
Race 23 [R23]
0:45.000, 1:10.000, 1:40.000, 0:44.196
Thoughts: What is most critical of this race is the use of blind web zips, and all markers but the very final one require you to web swing through them. I'll be honest I forget if I used the boosts on these web zips, so you'll need to experiment. A few tries should tell you whether to use it or not.
- Start by web zipping forward. You may need to manuever mid-air around the corner of the building in front of you as there's a strong tendency for Spider-Man to smack off it. Once close enough to marker web swing through it and to the right. You want to aim to get a bit of height towards the end of the swing.
- Now blind web zip to your right. The camera should adjust in time for you to web swing through the next marker and to your right. If you hit the building during the web zip or go off in some cock-eyed direction just restart.
- Aim for the narrow alley between the two buildings. It's a lot easier to do than it seems. Web swing through it and you want to try to let go so as to go more forward than up as you try to clear the sign on the next building.
- You may need a jump to clear the roof. You might be able to run forward if you land on the roof and still get gold, but it'll be close. Web swing through the next marker and again aim more for going forward than up.
- Web swing through this marker between the buildings and this time aim for getting high and far enough out to avoid the building to your right.
- Blind web zip again to your right and the camera should adjust in time for you to see the marker. Web swing through it and again aim to jump high for the next one.
- Web swing through and aim for a moderation of forward and up as you come out of this web swing.
- Swing around the buildings and aim for the marker on the top of the building. I found it easier to be inside of the marker before I hit to web swing forward.
- Use this swing to go forward into the tall building ahead of you. As you approach this blind web zip to your left, and this will take some practice but you want to blind web zip to your left again once you've cleared the building. Web swing through this next marker and try to get some height for the next marker.
- Web zip along until you get close to the next marker and then web swing through it.
- You'll want to keep going forward and falling. It can be a pain to time swinging through this one so that you don't touch the roof, which will slow you down. Practice makes perfect, and once you've swung through this try to balance going forward and going up.
- Web zip forward, with boosting, until you're near the end. Obviously you want to aim to land inside of the wall-crawl marker and hold the left stick up while repeatedly hitting B. If you land outside of the marker, the best you can do is scurry into it as quickly as possible and hope.
Race 24 [R24]
0:45.000, 1:00.000, 1:20.000, 0:44.762
Thoughts: Just to get it out of the way now: All markers in this race, except for the final one, are plain markers that just require you to go through it.
- Start by running forward and free falling until you can web zip, without boost, forward. Aim to fall into or just before the marker so that you can web swing through it.
- Now here is where I can't be of much help. It's just a lot of luck, stringing together web zips with and without boosts and web swinging to get from place to place. Try to stay above the trees during long distances, shorter distances you might be able to get away with just zipping through the trees. Blind zips may well save you.
- At the end it is most vital to land in the marker. Sorry I can't be much more help with this one, but it's a pretty open field for getting to Point A to Point B.
|11-02-2012, 04:13 AM||#7|
Join Date: Nov 2011
Race 25 [R25]
0:42.000, 0:58.000, 1:14.000, 0:41.102
- Hold the run button and rush forward. Just as you begin to fall web zip forward and jump as quick as you can.
- This next one can be amongst the more annoying parts in this race and if not done right can cost you gold. You want to try to get a web swing at just the right moment to just barely go through the marker and swing high into the air to the left.
- If you aren't already out into the streets web zip forward. Once out into the streets blind web zip to your right. Use a web swing to dip down to grab the marker and use the swing to launch yourself forward and high into the air.
- Continue web zipping down the street, be cautious of zig-zagging too much. As you approach the building just before the next marker you'll want a relatively slow web swing around so that you can aim to go through the marker.
- Web zip forward towards the next marker. I had an unfortunate tendency to land just before it and around the corner. Holding the run button can let you just run around the corner quickly if need be. It's a landing marker so you just need to run through it. Be aware, in my experience, if you aren't here in twenty seconds or under your pizza is free. Also you won't get gold.
- As tempting as it is to wall run up to the next marker, just jump and run through it.
- Again just jump up to the next marker.
- Web zip forward. You may need to hold back on the left stick to slow yourself down so you land inside the next marker. When I got gold I landed just after it and had to step back to get it so it's not absolutely vital to land in it, but it would help.
- Again web zip towards the next marker, you might not want to use boost.
- Use a controlled jump up to the next marker. If you hit the wall before the marker stick to the wall with B and get up there quickly.
- From here it is a lot of controlled jumps like the last one. A total of five more markers, all requiring controlled jumps. Not much more I can offer except that the last one is a pain as you need to blind jump essentially. It's very easy to get the rhythm of what to do, it's just a matter of doing things quickly enough.
0:50.000, 1:00.000, 1:15.000, 0:48.821
- Start by web zipping forward, without a boost. For some reason Spider-Man kept trying to take me to the right so I had to aim back towards the left to land.
- Web zip on to the next one. You may need a second web zip, without boost, and a bit of fiddling with the left stick to slow down to land in it. If you land beside it, don't worry, you can walk beside it and still get the marker.
- Web zip on to the next one. Nothing to really say about it.
- Run along to the end and just jump up to the next one.
- Once there web zip on towards the next one. As you approach the building just before it go into a web swing and aim for the marker. You may need to jump to get yourself time to land in the marker.
- Web swing from here and give yourself a mix of forward and high out of this web swing. Web zip without boost towards the next one. I had some trouble landing on this, and more often than not had to stick to the wall. That's really no big deal.
- Web swing to the next one. You'll need a jump mid-air to give yourself time to aim for the landing.
- Run forward and again web swing. You want to aim for more height than forward as you come out of it, and web zip with or without boost towards the next marker. You'll need to fiddle with the left stick to slow yourself down. Again, you don't need to be on the marker but beside the vent will suffice.
- A good controlled jump to the next marker. I had some difficulty landing in this one as well, but one can simply crawl up or do an additional jump onto it.
- Now web zip over to the final marker. I've done it with and without web boost. You want to make sure you're in control for it though as it is very easy to over shoot the final marker and that will cost you gold.
Race 27 [R27]
0:32.000, 0:45.000, 1:00.000, 0:31.653
- Begin by web zipping forward, without boost. Hold down on the left stick to slow down so that you land inside the marker.
- Run forward and jump across the alley and run through the next marker.
- Go as far forward as possible before dropping into the alley and you'll just need to get an idea of when to hit for the web swing. You want to time leaving the web swing so that you have a mix of forward and height.
- Run through the next marker.
- Just drop off the building in front of you and when you're about level with the marker web zip through it. You'll need to stick on the wall in front of you and climb up.
- Run forward and kind of gradually go up into the wall run.
- Towards the end of the wall jump and web zip forward. If you're real lucky you'll zip right on top of the roof and just have to keep running forward through the marker. If not stick to the wall, climb up and run through the next marker.
- I had some troubles in these alleys. I don't advise web zips, but if you can keep control use them. Web swing through this marker and jump high as you come out of it.
- Zip forward towards the next marker and try to land in the marker with a wall run.
- Quickly jump off into the alley and web swing through the next marker.
- You want to really aim for more forward than height as you come out of the web swing as you need to go a little ways on this momentum. There may be a fence that keeps you from sailing right into the marker so you may need to jump.
Race 28 [R28]
0:45.000, 0:55.000, 1:05.000, 0:44.196
- Start off with a controlled jump up onto the small building ahead of you and into the marker.
- Web zip towards the next marker and when you're close enough web swing through it do so.
- When you leave the swing aim for a mix of height and forward as you need to get on top of that next building. You may not clear the wall every time, but it doesn't hurt much to stick near the top and climb up.
- Quickly turn around (in fact I usually had the time to adjust the camera with me) and jump off. Web swing slowly around the corner and drop. When you feel the time is right web swing again through the marker and aim to leave it with a fair amount of height.
- Web zip forward once and you should have enough time to fiddle with the left stick however you feel you need to in order to land in the marker.
- From here repeat Step 2 through Step 5.
- And then repeat Step 2 through Step 4.
- Now you'll web zip forward again, but this time you're aiming to land in a wall crawl on the side of the building. When I got gold I landed in front of it and ran into it. I don't know if I tapped B and it registered that I tapped it before Spider-Man actually wall crawled or not as it showed Spider-Man just standing there.
Race 29 [R29]
0:40.000, 1:00.000, 1:20.000, 0:39.168
- Run forward and jump off the side off the roof into the alley below. Use a web swing at the right moment to swing through the marker and propel yourself across the street into the next alley.
- Here is perhaps the most vital part of all in this race. You need to jump in mid-air to carry yourself through to the wall-running part. You want to land in a wall run and run along the wall to grab the first two wall run markers.
- You'll notice you're slowing down, and that's normal. As you come around that second corner begin to hold down the A button because we're going into a brand new kind of marker--wall jump. When you're in the middle of the marker release the A button to jump into the alley.
- Hit for a web swing before you land and launch yourself high. Web swing or web zip through the next marker.
- Allow yourself to descend towards the end of the alley and swing around the corner to your left. You want to get fairly low for this one. You can web swing or web zip through it, whatever tickles your fancy.
- I had trouble with this next corner and I sometimes had to land in order to manuever into the alley. Swing through here, keeping fairly low. As you come around the corner in the alley to exit launch yourself high with a web swing.
- Web zip forward, with or without boost, and fiddle with the left stick so that you come down in the alley in front of you where your next marker is.
- Web swing out of this and if you can manuever with your web swing to go around the corner into the next alley go for it. I personally did a free fall until I was in position. Web swing through this next marker and launch yourself high.
- Web zip, and you may need to do it blindly, over the buildings to your right. You'll enter a free fall towards the final marker that requires you to wall crawl. If you're lucky you'll just land in the marker and hit B to stick to the wall. I hit a bit high and had to crawl into it.
|11-02-2012, 04:14 AM||#8|
Join Date: Nov 2011
Race 30 [R30]
0:37.000, 0:50.000, 1:10.000, 0:32.318
Thoughts: Oh, difficult races. I was hoping we were done with you. This is reminiscent of Race 22 where you have to be painfully precise. One tip some people had was that if you got close enough to the chimneys it would register that you went through the marker, but I didn't find that it really helped much. You want at all times to land on the chimney stack, but if you have to land in a wall crawl on the side it is not the end of the world.
- Start by web zipping forward. You may need to fiddle with the left stick to slow yourself down. This
- Make your way along from chimney to chimney web zipping without boost. Slowing yourself down is critical so as not to overshoot your targets. Continue this for three more markers. It is important that by the time of the third chimney stack that you not be too far past ten seconds.
- On the top of this last marker charge your jump and jump as high as you can. Web zip over this building and on to the next one.
- For the next one do a controlled jump over to it. It's not horrifying to run closer to it before jumping.
- Continue as you did in Step 2 for two more markers.
- On top of this final chimney stack what you want to do is jump as high as you can and then web zip twice towards the final marker high in the air, performing jumps to make sure you get there.
Hard Races [HAR]
Race 31 [R31]
1:00.000, 1:10.000, 1:20.000, 0:58.038
Thoughts: For the first hard race we're doing this could have been so much worse. In fact I was expecting all of these hard races to be much, much harder. There's a few more headaches in this batch, but it could have been so much worse.
- Start off by running forward and web zipping forward. It will take a few zips forward to get to our destination. Now as much as instinct tells us we want to web swing through the marker here I've never been able to do that. Web zip through or land before it and jump through it.
- After you're through it, by zip or by jump, web swing and aim to get height. You may need a second web swing to get high enough, and then web zip forward towards your next marker. This next one is a web swing marker so do as it demands and web swing through.
- You want to aim so that you hit the wall and head upwards with the wall run through the marker, and through the second marker. Slowing down is a definite concern and if you feel you're slowing down too much charge a jump and jump up the building.
- The final wall marker here is a wall jump, and like last time we want to charge our jump as we're coming at it so that all we have to do is release the button to get that marker.
- One good web zip, with or without boost, will send you onto the next building with a landing marker. The marker is on an air duct, but you can run along the side of it to grab the marker and that's exactly what you want to do for the sake of time.
- Keep running forward and jump forward. You may experience a lot of free fall before you're able to activate the web zip, but that is precisely what you want to do. Web zip forward until you're approaching a big building on the right and then you want to go into a web swing, without boost, to slow yourself down. Free fall out of it with forward momentum and when you're in the right position web swing through the marker. If you need to use a jump to get close enough go ahead and do so.
- Swing around to your right and web zip forward. At some point you need to fall long enough to get under the bridge. A good web zip here will bring you through this marker and under your next one.
- In all likelihood you'll have to land before you can jump up to the pole. That's no big deal, just jump up and begin pumping LT to boost yourself around the pole eight times.
- When you're finished you want to jump back over the top of the bridge and one good web zip forward will send you through the final marker.
Race 32 [R32]
1:02.000, 1:18.000, 1:30.000, 1:01.731
Thoughts: This is considered one of the most difficult races in the game. And I questioned that it could be as bad as people said it was. It was. It took me two days of non-stop trying to get this thing. You have nearly no room for mistakes and even doing everything perfectly you may still not make it. Before getting gold on it I failed to get gold with .596, .167, and .097 extra. Thankfully for you, I'm here to take some of the guess work out.
- You're going to start off by jumping forward off the building. There's not a whole lot you can do about this beginning. It's going to eat up a few seconds just in free fall. Web swing forward just a bit as soon as you can and try to arrange it so Spider-Man is falling as close to the corner of the street as possible. When you're in range you want to web swing through the marker.
- As you come out of the web swing launch yourself high and give yourself one good web zip down the street. You want to land in front of the building and run into the building with the wall run and go through the marker.
- Continue along the wall towards the wall jump while charging the A button for a jump. I cannot stress enough you want to come into this from beneath the marker so that when you do jump you'll jump straight up.
- Blind web swing behind you, and you may wish to do that without the boost. Launch yourself at the wall with the wall run and wall run across it. I cannot stress enough not hitting for the wall run while descending, you'll begin running straight down and lose gold because of it. As you trigger the marker jump and web zip across the street.
- Ideally you want to land on the level just below the marker, but if you have to scramble up to that point it isn't the end of the world. Jump up and web zip forward through the marker towards the next one.
- If you need to use a jump to keep yourself high enough for this next marker. Try to wait as long as possible before using web swing as Spider-Man has a tendency to sharply turn upwards if you do it too soon. And this is a web swing marker so you must web swing through it.
- Web zip forward until the street below you is approaching, then switch to a web swing and turn around the corner, launching yourself towards the pole swing marker. If you absolutely must land, don't take long to jump up to the pole. I stress getting good at aiming for the pole as that will save you time. Swing around twice and jump off in the same direction you were heading.
- Web swing sharply to your left. Odds are you're going to hit the side of the building, and you probably want that as you can control Spider-Man a bit easier coming from a somewhat dead stop like that. Get up onto the roof and angle your run at the wall run so that you head off to the right.
- Now this was annoying and took a while to perfect; you have to stay in that little strip of wall as you run to the wall jump. It's real easy to accidentally go to the left or right. If you accidentally go to the right you might be able to get back onto the wall in time, but more often than not it's time to restart. For the wall jump you can charge A or you can just tap it, that's your call. I personally just tapped it.
- If you charged A you're likely on a little roof in front of you, just web zip through the marker onto the next marker. If you just tapped A you fell to the roof below, quickly run around the little building in front of you and jump up, web zipping through the marker to the next roof.
- No matter how you got here you want to run into the wall with just the right angle. You want it so that you can turn to the left as you go through this first wall run marker and down the same wall into the alley through the second wall run marker. You don't have to be on the same wall as the second one to trigger it, so don't worry about that.
- There is no good way that I found for this next one. I really just kind of played pinball through the alley with web swings. On the web swing that does take you through the marker, however, you should launch yourself high.
- Web zip forward around the building and aim for the hotel sign on the building. Again, watch your coming down while hitting wall run as doing so will send you running down and away from your goal. But hit that wall running.
- Hopefully you ran up the wall and not the sign. If you did it on the sign, just scramble into wall crawling. If you did it on the building launch yourself high and switch to wall crawling. Either way just keep jumping until you're on top. You don't have to land precisely on the landing marker to trigger it, you can land beside the little rooftop it's on.
|11-02-2012, 04:14 AM||#9|
Join Date: Nov 2011
Race 33 [R33]
1:04.000, 1:18.000, 1:26.000, 1:03.028
- Start by jumping straight up with just a momentary charge and web zip, without boost, forward to the first marker. You may need to hold back on the left analog stick to keep from over shooting.
- Another momentary charged jump and web zip, without boost, to the next marker.
- Begin to run forward and jump towards the next marker, maybe making a double jump to land correctly. No need for a web zip.
- Repeat the same action as the last marker. Sometimes I don't get enough of a charge and have to jump on the guide wire (?) between the two markers. Not a big deal if you move fast enough.
- Step off into the inside of the bridge and web zip forward. As you approach the web swing marker...you guessed it...web swing through it. You should be able to carry this momentum forward to the next marker. You might need to use a jump to slow down so that you can zero in on landing.
- Jump up and web zip, without boost, forward and land on the on the marker.
- From here follow the same basic big jump techniques as before for the next three markers. I know these can be a bit of a pain making sure you don't fall off the edge, but the more practice you get the easier it becomes.
- Once on the final one jump over the edge (don't just fall, you'll land on the side walk of the bridge) and go into web swinging. Web swing with boost and try to lower yourself to the water just enough that you can swing through without going into the water. I, personally, did not accomplish that when I got gold, so you can recover, but it certainly gives you more breathing room if you can just swing through.
- If you fell into the water you can try to jump high back into a swing and forward far enough to start web zipping forward and through the next marker. If you managed to just barely go through it you should be able to start web zipping forward and through the next marker.
- Keep web zipping forward until you're close to the next marker. Traffic is a pain, I've hit tall trucks that stopped me from getting gold. There's not much you can do about it, but maybe try to land on those and incorporate it into your movements. Web swing through this and launch yourself forward and high as you come out of it.
- Web zip forward until you've gone through the marker, simple as that.
- Fall just enough to get out from under the ridge of the bridge and enter into a web swing. Try to launch yourself as high as possible without the use of the jump. Jumping just costs extra seconds. You should land in the marker or on the building before the marker. If you land before it just jump over to it quickly.
Race 34 [R34]
1:00.000, 1:12.000, 1:20.000, 0:57.638
Thoughts: Okay we get a brand new type of marker in this one, and one that will make you want to pull your hair out at first. It's a simple enough race, but it's just a little luck on that one marker that can frustrate you.
- Start off my running forward just beyond the corner of the building in front of you and jumping into a web swing. From there begin web zipping forward. You want to try to keep yourself about the same height as the building in front of you, maybe just a little lower as you jerk up when you web zip. Ideally you want to web zip under the billboard. Easier said that done, but it can make all the difference in the world.
- Once you're past that marker use a web swing to bring yourself around the corner and begin web zipping towards the next marker. It's a web swing marker so as you get near it you need to fall out of the web zip and into a web swing through it.
- Use that web swing to launch yourself high and towards the next marker. You may need a jump or web zip depending on your distance from it, that's all up to you to figure out in each attempt. Once you're on the ledge just run forward and quickly wall run for just a moment.
- Now web swing away and towards the new marker. This one can be tricky to attach to because you must attach to the marker itself and do a verticle loop around it. I can't offer much advice right now as to when is a good time to do it. The shorter your web the better, but too close means that he won't attach to it. Once attached pump LT to spin yourself around. If you spend too much time on this just restart as wasted time here can cost you gold.
- Once it has registered the last marker and you're swinging in the direction of your next target begin to web zip around the building in front of you. To the left or right really doesn't matter. As you approach the marker you need to drop out of zips so that you lower yourself to it and then web swing through.
- If you can launch yourself high, that's a good start. Either way web zip forward onto the building and give yourself a big jump up to the marker. Technically you don't have to land in it, just go through it.
- Continue jumping up higher until you go through the next marker.
- Once more jump as high as you can and this time aim to go into a wall run further up on the building. You may need to jump if you're on one of the protruding walls and wall run again through the marker.
- Give yourself a web zip without boost across this ledge and wall run through the marker and down the wall.
- Just keep going down the wall in the wall run, you'll go through two more markers.
- Once you've gone through the second marker let go of LT and jump. Web zip towards the building. If you land on the side just quickly jump up, otherwise you've hopefully landed on the top. Get into that marker quickly, which ever way you got there.
Race 35 [R35]
0:42.000, 0:55.000, 1:05.000, 0:40.337
Thoughts: Okay, this one isn't bad at all. The end is a bit of a noggin scratcher, mostly as to why they put it like that, but it's nothing you can't do.
- Start my jumping up and web zipping forward, without boost. As you approach the marker you want to web swing so that you just kinda pass through the marker and to your right.
- Still in this same web swing you've swung towards the next one. Now where you are all depends on how sharply you've turned. Sometimes it's a little bit in front of you and sometimes, like when I got gold, I kinda did a slight U turn to grab it. If you turned sharply web zip to and through the marker.
- If you had to do the U turn let go of the swing and jump up before web zipping through the next marker, if you didn't have to U turn you should jump after the web zip that took you through the marker and web zip through the next marker. You may wish to not use boost as you might go a bit past where you're intending.
- As you approach the next one just web swing through it, very simple.
- Use that web swing to launch yourself over the tracks to the other side. You may need to jump to give yourself time to judge your height and adjust the camera. Web zip through this next marker.
- Web zip through the next marker.
- You should have landed in front of the next one on the tracks. Just quickly wall run up and let go.
- Web zip forward to the next wall run marker and again just quickly wall run up it and let go. If you want you can try to web swing out of this one to grab the next marker.
- Run forward and jump high, swinging through this marker. Launch yourself high and aim for the wall run. Remember not to be going downwards when you hit for the wall run. Use jump if you need to correct your trajectory. Tap B to go into the wall run and go through the marker.
- Run around the corner of the building and tap A.
- However you do it, get down into the streets under the bridge and just quickly run through the marker while holding down A to charge a jump.
- Jump high and web swing forward until you can web zip through this marker.
- This should take you to the end of the bridge where you need to tap B as you go to the end of the bridge to wall run down it...
- ...and immediately jump back up onto the bridge before you've fallen down. Get to the landing marker and you're done.
|11-02-2012, 04:15 AM||#10|
Join Date: Nov 2011
Race 36 [R36]
0:36.000, 0:50.000, 1:00.000, 0:31.652
- Start by running forward and charged jumping into a wall run through the first marker.
- You want to angle your web zip, without boost, towards the alley with the second marker. You want to fall all the way down into it and catch yourself in time to swing through the marker. Use this swing to send yourself forward and high.
- Web zip, without boost, forward a bit to cut out some of the time on the wall and wall run just long enough to get the marker.
- From here angle the web zip again so that you sail right into the alley and catch yourself with a web swing through the marker.
- Use this swing to launch yourself just high enough to clear the building and then web zip without boost over it and once more aim to swing through the marker.
- As you come out of this swing try to keep low, your next marker is low to the ground and there is no point in going high just to come down low. Swing through the marker.
- And use this swing to again launch yourself forward and high. Web zip forward towards the wall run marker and again you want to spend as little time actually wall running so wait until you're as close as possible to do it.
- Web zip again towards the next marker, but this time you want to give yourself a little time before the marker as you need time to press A in the wall jump.
- From here fall just enough that you can web swing through this next marker.
- And use that web swing to launch yourself onto the final marker. Just to show you how easy this can really be once you know what to do, I got gold on this originally at 0:33.882. When I went back through just to write the guide for it, despite my constant pausing to read and type, I beat the old record with 0:31.652.
Race 37 [R37]
0:46.000, 1:00.000, 1:10.000, 0:45.361
- Begin by running forward and wall running up the wall and through the first two wall run markers.
- By now you're probably slowing down so tap A to jump and go right back into your wall run. As you enter the wall jump marker tap A and web zip yourself across to the next roof.
- When I got gold I took my time to adjust the camera, so feel free to do that if you feel you can do so quickly. Run to the edge and hold B as you go over. Just tapping it might make you fall. Wall run down through the next two markers and take a left turn on the building for the third one.
- Now I could never turn sharp enough to go back up the building so I would fall to the streets and wall run back up. If you can keep on the building go for it. Otherwise start from the streets again and run up through two run markers until you're on the top of the building.
- Web zip towards the next one, and as you approach the wall with the marker on a downward trajectory go into your wall run and go through the marker.
- As soon as you can go into a web swing. Again it was a little like pinball getting through there, but ultimately you'll go through the marker and into the streets.
- From here just web zip to the final marker.
Race 38 [R38]
0:56.000, 1:04.000, 1:16.000, 0:52.780
Thoughts: You're going to be doing web zipping in tight quarters. On this building you want to save that for when you have the long straight stretches, don't try to do it around the corners. When you go to do web zips in these tight spaces do a small jump first otherwise there is a chance you may shoot over your marker.
- Run forward a bit and web zip forward. Jump as you approach the building to keep air-born and web zip forward again through the first marker.
- You may need another web zip to keep going forward to the outside of the building. When you get outside web swing through the marker and around the edge of the building.
- Release and when you're either inside or near the next marker web swing through it.
- Odds are you don't have enough space to warrant a web zip so just quickly run through this marker.
- When you've come around the corner web zip through the next marker.
- You should have continued on just outside the building at which point you want to web swing to your right and high. If you opt to jump out of the swing, web zip into the marker. I just rode the web swing until I hit the wall and wall crawled/jumped up. Either way make it to this marker by either of those means.
- Head around the corner and web zip forward. You'll probably need a second one to make it to the marker hanging in mid-air, and once you've triggered the marker blind web zip backwards towards the building.
- Not much you can do with the blind web zip other than hope you're lucky enough to be shot back into the building. Web zip along, go around the corner and web zip again through the next marker.
- Like with Step 6, once you make it past the building you want to web swing to your right and high. Whichever method causes you to get to the marker, do it.
- Go around the corner and web zip forward. You can either try to go right into the wall run, which might result in your going through but falling out of the building, in which case just scramble back in whatever fashion is quick for you--when I got gold I had to do this. Or you can fiddle with the left stick to slow yourself down to land before the wall run and then go into the wall run--this will mean you're slower but you can have more control.
- If you're already in the wall run just continue to the next wall run marker and once done just drop out of it. If you had to scramble back in just quickly tap for the wall run and then drop out of it.
- Web zip along this first corridor, around the corner and web zip again. I highly advise fiddling with the stick to stop yourself before going into this wall run so that you can control yourself better.
- Once you've triggered the wall run marker jump and web zip to the final marker floating in the air. If you miss low, start over. If you missed to a side you can keep trying to blind web zip until you go through it but you may well need to restart.
|11-02-2012, 04:16 AM||#11|
Join Date: Nov 2011
Race 39 [R39]
1:00.000, 1:08.000, 1:16.000, 0:58.636
Thoughts: We're introduced to a new form of headache in this one: The Orbit Marker. It is like the loop marker, but instead of spinning around in a verticle fashion we do so in a horizontal fashion. Boost at the apex, and don't be afraid to just attach to one and swing around it for a few minutes. For practice. The bronze is only 1:16, so doing that for a few minutes will get you gold in the long run, but for that attempt...no.
- Jump to either side of the pole in front of you, it really doesn't matter which direction as you're going to be coming back the way you came. If it matters to you, I went to the left.
- As that marker triggers it's always good to time your release so that you go flying towards the next marker. I could never do it consistently. When I got gold I landed on the roof and ran to the edge. Once in the air web zip over to the next marker, you'll probably need a jump to get yourself high enough to land in the marker.
- From here jump off towards the next orbit marker and web zip closer. No matter where you start here it is advantageous to go around to the left as when you release you'll launch towards the next marker.
- If you released a bit late, as I often did, and are near the big building on the right feel free to web zip towards or web swing off it to get yourself closer to the next orbit marker. If you didn't get near it jump so as to carry yourself closer to it and then begin the orbit. You can go left or right here, but left will give you more of a straight shot to the next marker.
- Release and aim for the alley between the buildings. Try to let Spider-Man stay in the air as much as possible without going under the marker. Web swing through the marker and give yourself a bit of height as you come out of it.
- This last swing should give you enough time to get into or near the web swing marker where you web swing through it.
- After this web swing you'll probably need another one to make it to the next orbit. You definitely want to go around to the left when you get to the orbit.
- Launching yourself out of that orbit to the loop, you want to get close as possible to this loop before you web swing. If the line is too long you'll bounce off the building. I can't give much advice as to when to do it. But if you can attach to the loop from the direction you're coming from you should trigger it a little after the apex of the loop.
- Release your web and this should launch you downwards towards the next marker. You're aiming for a very narrow alley but you should be fine, in all the times I did this I only missed once. At the appropriate time web swing through and launch yourself high. You want to clear the building in front of you if at all possible, though I failed to do that when I got gold.
- Web zip your way forward towards the billboard ahead and land in a wall crawl. If you land low and end up behind the billboard, don't worry. Just jump up and stick to the back of the billboard, it still counts.
Race 40 [R40]
0:54.000, 1:04.000, 1:16.000, 0:53.313
- Jump up and web zip forward, you'll probably need a jump to give yourself a little room to land.
- From here just one good jump over to the next landing marker.
- Web swing off from this piece of roof and swing into the alley between the buildings. You want to just release the web swing button and get sent through the marker.
- Web swing around to your right and it's preferable to have as straight of a shot between all the buildings as possible. Sometimes it isn't possible, but that's your goal. One good web zip forward can bring you remarkably near the marker for you to web swing through.
- Use this swing to launch yourself high and with a jump. This gives you time as you rise and fall to turn the camera in the direction of the marker. When you're level with the wall the wall run marker is on web zip forward and into the marker. As you're coming into the marker it's helpful to hold the A button so that when you trigger the marker you jump off.
- That jump can be important in avoiding a bunch of banners in the alley below. I can't do much to help you time the web swing, but you need to web swing through and jump out of the swing so that you clear the building.
- Web zip forward, probably without boost, and into the wall run, through the marker.
- If you're lucky you'll go around the corner, if you're a bit unlucky you'll fall off the building once through the marker. Either way web zip towards the wall with the next marker and this time we want to wait until we have downward momentum before going into the wall run.
- Now there may be an easier way to do this, but I just ran to the pole swinging marker and jumped into it. Remember to pump LT to go around faster.
- Once that marker is complete swing out of it and towards the next marker. You might want a web zip to zip through the marker.
- Web swing towards the alley and through the next marker.
- Keep the camera as straight as possible down the alley as you either use the momentum from the swing to launch yourself at the next marker or web zip to the marker.
- Having kept the camera straight you should be good to hold down on the left analog stick and blind web zip right back where you came from. Not hitting the walls of the building can be critical to not wasting time. Just web zip yourself down the street until you can land in the marker.
Race 41 [R41]
0:46.000, 0:54.000, 1:02.000, 0:41.834
Thoughts: This one is a breeze. It took me maybe five tries.
- Begin by running to the edge and holding down B as you go over the edge. Let off of B once you're on this face, and after you go through the marker and are heading towards the next edge tap it again. It's real tempting to try to fix the camera as it rotates, but just leave it alone and work with it. Continue on down through the next one and let go of all buttons.
- Jump up onto the next ledge and repeat step one except for the final direction of letting go of all buttons.
- Web swing forward and launch yourself as far forward as you can. A web zip without boost, and probably fiddling with the left stick, will land you in or near the landing marker.
- Run forward and jump into the air, web swing forward and web swing for a second time through the marker.
- Use this swing to launch yourself high and onto the roof of the building in front of you. If you hit the wall stick to it and jump up. Run forward through the marker and enter a web swing.
- Use this swing to launch yourself at the roof of the next building. You might need a jump to sail onto there. The next two markers are on vents, just run along beside them to grab them.
- Run to the end of the building and web zip forward towards the building in front of you. Once you've started falling down enter a wall run and hold in A. Once you're inside the web jump marker release A.
- Web zip across to the wall with the wall crawl marker and fall just long enough to enter into the marker and tap B while pressing into the building.
Race 42 [R42]
0:47.000, 0:56.000, 1:10.000, 0:46.958
- Start by jumping as high as you can and web zipping forward. You may want to jump so that you land and stick to the side of the water tower. Scurry up to the top to get the marker.
- Do that again, jumping as high as you can and web zipping forward, sticking the smoke stack in front of you. Crawl or jump up depending on how close you are to the top.
- Step off the side of the smoke stack closest to the next marker and when relatively level to the marker web zip to and through it.
- Web swing now and it's mostly luck to not hit any of the beams on the way up. You want to launch yourself up so that you come out above the bridge. Web zip forward and towards the next one. Sometimes you're lucky and happen to fall between beams, other times not so much so and you end up hitting one and falling. Either way once back below the beams web zip forward through the marker.
- Now web zip through the next marker.
- And then again towards the next one, but as you approach it you want to enter a web swing and swing off to the left.
- Web zip if you need to so that you're by the pole swinging marker. If you can land on it, do so, but I was only able to do so once, and it wasn't the time I got gold. So however you get there, grab ahold and begin to swing.
- Web zip back the way you came, if your camera is facing away from this direction you might as well blind web zip in that direction. Keep going until you're close to the marker and swing through it, heading off to your right.
- Web zip some more and repeat the process through the marker, this time swinging off to your left.
- Web zip close to the marker. You could web zip through it, you can slow yourself down to be sure of your aim with a web swing, I personally landed across the street from it and had to run into it on the run I got gold on.
|11-02-2012, 04:17 AM||#12|
Join Date: Nov 2011
Race 43 [R43]
1:00.000, 1:10.000, 1:20.000, 0:56.474
- To start with run forward and just tap A to jump off the roof. Move yourself forward until you're in position to swing through this first marker and around to the right.
- You should free fall for a moment while you adjust the camera and when you're close enough web swing through the next marker.
- Launch yourself towards the next marker and just free fall for a while as you move closer. You should be able to manuever around the corner of the building and into a web swing.
- Launch yourself up and forward, web zipping to the next roof. You want to land on the roof itself and then run up the wall, holding A so that you can release it inside the marker.
- This jump, if charged, will give you a small window of time to readjust your camera. Once that is done web zip to the next marker and you want to wall run when you can which will probably be right about where the wall run marker is.
- You can probably adjust the camera if you want, but I just blind web zipped off to the left. Sometimes you'll go on the roofs to either side of the alley, just run and drop into the alley. Web swing through and launch yourself up onto the roof to your left.
- From here run forward and up the wall run marker.
- Once towards the top of that roof jump and web zip until you've gone through the next marker, preferedly aiming yourself at the alley with the web swing marker.
- Web swing through this one and using the swing try to get yourself at least enough height to be equal to the next marker.
- Web zip towards this marker and through it, holding back the left stick to slow yourself down.
- It just takes a bit of luck to essentially blind web swing through this next one. Slowing yourself down will hopefully help you with it. Launch yourself towards the next marker.
- Just aim for that alley with the marker and web swing through it.
- Using this web swing launch yourself as high as possible and when you reach the apex web zip into the wall. Thrust yourself up the building with charged jumps until you reach the landing marker.
Race 44 [R44]
1:15.000, 1:28.000, 1:30.000, 1:13.908
Thoughts: This race is similar to Race 32 in that you must make next to no mistakes. I don't think it's as bad as Race 32 was, but it most certainly is a deviation from the not-so-bad races we've been having.
- Start by web zipping, without boost, forward and hold left on the left stick so that Spider-Man ends up landing on the marker.
- One good charged jump over to the next roof lands you inside the next marker.
- Another good jump towards the tower and attach yourself to the orbit marker with the web swing. Swing about until it registers that you've done this marker. If you have to do more than one rotation just restart.
- As per previous orbits you want to try to time your release so it sends you towards the next marker. Web zip along until you're on the roof. Sometimes you can land on the marker, but don't worry about trying to do that as you can just walk up beside the raised roof and trigger it.
- Web zip down the street. You might be able to get away with landing beneath the pole marker and jumping up to it, but exercise everything in your power to land on it. That shaves precious seconds off your time. Swing around the pole.
- Once finished with that web swing in the same direction you were facing and aim to launch yourself high into the air. You need to clear the building to your left. Web zip forward and aim for the roof below the wall jump marker. Now there may be a better way to do this, if there is I haven't found it. I ran up the wall and jumped when I was in the right position. Every time I tried to land in a wall run and go to the jump I would run off to a side. If you can manage to land in a wall run so you can do the jump, go for it.
- Web zip yourself forward. Either two without boosts or one with a boost should bring you towards the landing marker, you may also need a jump to give yourself time to land. And I stress it is vital to land on this marker, you cannot waste time climbing up to it or jumping up to it.
- Next jump into the wall with the wall jump marker. Wait until you're falling to trigger the wall run and then hit A to jump when you're in the marker.
- Now you want to use a web swing to cut through the alley to your left. It's tempting to try to get back up onto the building, but this alley will give you a straight away so that you can easily use a web zip. While flying through the air try to manuever yourself around the corners. You might land on your feet, but if you're quick this doesn't have to cost you gold. Just web swing through the marker and launch yourself forward and with some height.
- Web zip forward through this next marker.
- You want to sail over the building but fall into the alley so that you can web swing through this. It's tempting to try to go through the alley to the right of the building, but this takes longer.
- Swing yourself up to the wall and hit for the wall run. Jump inside the marker to trigger it.
- Try to catch yourself with a web swing so that you go through the marker. Again you might land on your feet, but if you're quick it doesn't have to cost you gold.
- Launch yourself high and begin web zipping forward. At the last building on your right you might want to go into a web swing, which is what I did. It will enable you to control Spider-Man a little bit better in his descent so you can land inside the marker.
Race 45 [R45]
0:35.000, 0:45.000, 0:55.000, 0:34.813
- Run forward and hold B so that you go over the edge into a wall run. Go through the first marker and then jump in that second marker.
- Web zip, without boost, forward and aim to wall run as you hit the building in front of you. Go up through the first marker. You'll probably be slowing down a bit at that point so jump and go back into the wall run. Jump again in the jump marker.
- Now this part could be a pain, perhaps the only real big pain in this one. As you're in the air you have to either blind web zip or adjust the camera and web zip forward and there are certain times Spider-Man can't zip on something or zips on something slightly to the side. If it's just to the side then correct yourself as you fly. If you can't attach to anything restart. Web zip so that you will land between the buildings, you may need a jump. This marker is on a vent so you don't have to land on the vent, but unlike previous times these vents kind of block easy access to just running along side of it so plan accordingly.
- Run up and wall run on the building until you've gone through the marker.
- And then web swing off to your left. Once clear of the buildings web zip forward. You can try to go right into the wall run if you want, it'll save time. When I got gold I had to land first, so that's not a deal breaker. Wall run through it and odds are you'll fall to the alley below, that is not as horrifying as it might seem at first.
- Quickly run up the wall and wall jump as soon as you're inside the marker.
- And then go into a web swing through the next marker, launching yourself high enough to clear the building.
- Web zip forward. Should only take one, and it's not difficult at all to land inside the marker. May need a jump to make that happen, though.
Race 46 [R46]
1:06.000, 1:14.000, 1:20.000, 1:02.962
- Jump off the building and web zip through this first marker.
- Web swing around this building, trying to gain some height for the next one. As you come around the corner of the building web zip through the marker.
- Attach yourself with a web swing to guide yourself in the direction of the next marker and web zip towards it. Just before you get to it web swing and turn towards the next one. If you're lucky and attach in the right place you can swing through this marker, the next one, and land in the one after that.
- If you weren't lucky you'll need to release the web swing and swing through this next one. It isn't a deal breaker if you end up landing beside it, just step through it and continue.
- Web zip without boost to the next marker. You may need to fiddle with the left stick to land inside of it.
- Web zip forward towards the next marker. I found that a web zip with boost followed by a web zip without boost, and a little fiddling with the left stick landed me inside the marker.
- Big charged jump forward and you want to try to land on the building in front of you. It's not horrible if you land just below the top, just crawl up there. Then another big jump into the sky and begin web zipping forward. As you approach this marker you want to go into a web swing.
- And then you want to use that web swing to launch yourself high and forward. You may need a web zip without boost to get yourself closer. It's not too difficult to land on top of it, but if you have to land beneath it and wall crawl up do so.
- Run forward and fall towards the ground. This is the most irritating part of the race simply because it feels like so much time is being wasted. Hold in RT and once Spider-Man can attach to something he will. Swing forward and try to gain some height as you web zip forward. As you approach the street in front of the building turn into a web swing and launch yourself as high as you can. You will probably need to stick to the wall and jump up at some point. Once on the level and by the marker run forward and web swing through.
- Again launch yourself high and web zip yourself forward into the building. Stick onto the building and begin large jumps up the side of the building. Once you're on the roof the marker is on a vent, but again you can just run along the side of it to trigger it.
|11-02-2012, 04:19 AM||#13|
Join Date: Nov 2011
Race 47 [R47]
0:55.000, 1:03.000, 1:10.000, 0:53.213
Thoughts: The most frustrating thing about this race is just doing everything quick enough. Learning what to do isn't that difficult, it's the doing it part.
- Start by just web zipping without boost forward. You may want to fiddle with the left stick to slow yourself down. As you fall into the alley swing through the marker.
- With this swing take yourself around the corner and launch yourself forward. You want to try to make it to the far end of this alley, and might need a jump to do so. Staying fairly high you then want to swing through the next marker.
- Use this to launch yourself forward and at least to the middle of the next building in terms of height. I found it was helpful to aim Spider-Man at the corner with the loop before attaching. Use the boost as you feel yourself start to slow down to make it over.
- If you can aim well, aim yourself for the alley and use web swing through the marker. That's more difficult than it sounds, however. I aimed myself at the ground and just quickly ran over to jump into a web swing through the marker.
- Use the swing and the boost to launch yourself at the building and into the wall run. Sometimes you'll slow down, sometimes you wont. If you slow down jump and get right back into the wall run until you're through the marker.
- Once on top continue across and hold B to go down the other side of the building. Once you go through the marker let off of all buttons and tap A before going into a web swing out into the streets and towards the next marker.
- Web zip yourself towards the next marker and aim to free fall through the marker while continuing out towards the streets.
- Now blind web zip yourself to the left and towards the first pole swing marker. The time I got gold I did not grab it in mid-air, I had to jump to grab it. Either way grab the pole and swing around, preferably facing the building. Otherwise there's a chance Spider-Man will zip out into the park. Just a note, if you're not at this pole marker by around thirty seconds just restart.
- Once done tap A and zip towards the right (if you're facing the building). Once into the next street blind zip to your left. Again once you're into the next street blind zip to your left, and you might not want to boost on this one. Again I didn't grab the pole in mid-air, I had to jump to get it. Swing around it a couple of times.
- Then web zip down the street a couple times as you aim for the next marker. Spider-Man is real bad about trying to take you off at odd angles during this stretch, but if you can keep it straight enough to get near the marker, I was over the lower roof below the marker when I attached for the loop marker. Again boost when you start to slow down.
- Often the last marker will trigger while you're at the apex. You can try to web zip your way over to the last marker, but you'll be doing it blind and I never got it. I had to swing back down and use that to launch myself into the air. Obviously it is a good idea to land on the marker, but it is a small place to land so if you fail to land in it just try to quickly jump onto it.
Race 48 [R48]
0:48.000, 0:56.000, 1:04.000, 0:47.656
Thoughts: You're in luck if you've been doing these in order and not continuing until you've gotten gold. This one is not difficult at all once you know what you're doing.
- Begin by jumping and then web zipping down the street once. A jump mid-air should carry you to the pole so that you can grab it. If you don't, no big deal. Just jump up. Pump the boost button to spin around.
- Now release all other buttons and pump LT. You'll probably go through this a few times before you find the magic number but once you feel you've built enough speed tap A and begin leaning forward on the left stick. You'll probably need to jump at some point, but you'll make it through the marker.
- On your descent free fall for a bit before web swinging forward through the marker.
- One good web zip and a jump will bring you to the next pole marker. As usual try to grab it, if not jump up and grab it. Spin around once and while holding forward on the left stick tap A and quickly begin tapping to go into the next pole swing.
- Like with the first pole swing you let go of all buttons and keep pumping LT until that marker triggers. Once you've built up enough speed tap A and this time web zip through the marker in the sky towards the building with the wall run marker.
- Be wary of a downward descent, as usual. You want to hit for a wall run as soon as you can and go through this marker.
- On the time I got gold I accidentally ran around the corner before I hit to web zip towards the next one, so that isn't a deal breaker so long as you can web zip quickly. Two non-boosted web zips will take you from that building to the building with the marker. If you land on the upper roof just carefully step off into the landing marker.
- Web zip without boost to the next pole marker. Usual thing--try to land on it, if not jump up quickly.
- After you've gone around web zip forward and arrange it so that you go through the marker. It's tempting to want to swing, but that can cost a little bit of time as you bounce off of everything.
- After that web swing to get some height and web zip forward to the building with the last markers on it. Stick to the wall and if you didn't land in the marker then quickly crawl into it.
- From there just do big jumps all the way up the building until you get to the final marker.
Ending & Credits [END]
My apologies for this requiring so many posts.
Okay, so. It took me roughly fifteen days to get all of these races. And again I really don't feel I'm all that great of a gamer so if I can do this, you most certainly can do this.
Credits and big thank you's to:
Me for the vast majority of this.
Scratch W for the Web Swing Engine and Markers/Checkpoints sections.
BUGAJ75 for the tip I took from him on TrueAchievements.com
And just a general acknowledgment to people on both TrueAchievements.com and XBox360Achievements.org whose posts I read and gave me some idea when I was stuck. I unfortunately neglected to gather your names. Unsung heroes, you are.
Odds are I have nothing more I can say to help you with this game. But if you notice a mistake or feel you have something to add feel free to e-mail me at Clockmankot89 at Hotmail.com and I'll probably add it to its own section. It takes me a few days to check my e-mail so be patient.
Finally this is not to be distributed to other websites. There are only three web sites I am posting this on in some form or another--TrueAchievements.com, XBox360Achievements.org, and Gamefaqs.com.
That said, I hope you found this guide helpful. Maybe one day I'll have a video capturing device and I'll take the time to go through again and capture it all on video and update this.