PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
DeaDpOoL xx

DeaDp0oL xx's Gamercard
Name some bad games you couldn't stop playing?

What I mean is name some games you just thought was bad but you couldn't help yourself ?
DeaDpOoL xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #2
DeaDpOoL xx

DeaDp0oL xx's Gamercard
For instance for me I'd have to say defiance it's buggy and glitchy it kicks you of the servers a lot but I seem to keep coming back.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:48 PM   #3
DeaDpOoL xx

DeaDp0oL xx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Survey says, you started the thread, why don't you kick it off by answering yourself?
I'm pretty sure I did I said defiance?
Old 05-18-2013, 12:14 AM   #4
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
For future reference you may want to use the edit button to add things to your posts. Double/Triple+ posting is frowned upon.

OT: Defiance. Although I've completely quit playing it now because they haven't fixed 90% of the issues I was having at launch, minor issues included that should have been fixed day 1 still exist. I'll never buy another game from them, seriously the most disappointed I've been with a game in quite a while.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:26 AM   #5
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
For future reference you may want to use the edit button to add things to your posts. Double/Triple+ posting is frowned upon.

OT: Defiance. Although I've completely quit playing it now because they haven't fixed 90% of the issues I was having at launch, minor issues included that should have been fixed day 1 still exist. I'll never buy another game from them, seriously the most disappointed I've been with a game in quite a while.

Whaa and you were so pumped about that game. I'm sorry man.

Ontopic-None. If I didn't like it I stopped.

But I really do want to play Rogue Warrior it looks so bad that the humor and easy achivements look nice. Sadly I have a huge backlog,and that game is also the same price as Bioshock 2 now. I'd get Bioshock 2 first any day over that game.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:04 AM   #6
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post

But I really do want to play Rogue Warrior
Rogue Warrior was good fun.

I've definitely had some "bad" games I couldn't stop playing. Fable III comes to mind. I really enjoyed that game and I know a lot of people hated it.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:22 AM   #7
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Pretty much any Call of Duty game. What? Don't act like it is your choice of game of the year!
Old 05-18-2013, 08:26 AM   #8
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
A lot, since I always at least try to get all achievements. But for thread variety's sake, I'll put Two Worlds on the stand. Also since part of the reason I started to play the game was that I had heard nothing but terrible things, so I had to see for myself just how bad it actually was.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #9
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
Pretty much any Call of Duty game. What? Don't act like it is your choice of game of the year!
Same here, I enjoy them so much but they'e all terrible games now lol.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #10
Slaughter.
GIT GUD

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Alpha Protocol. I don't think that it's the worst game out there but it is bad and I still had bursts of fun while playing it.

If anyone wants to boost the weekly challenge in Splinter Cell: Blacklist, please let me know.

Slaughter. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #11
Arcenaux

Arcenaux's Gamercard
jumper, the game is soo boooring but i just spend a whole day clearing the game like 4 times
Arcenaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #12
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Same here, I enjoy them so much but they'e all terrible games now lol.
After MW2 was where it started to tumble I feel. The old ones were fucking awesome.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #13
Akuza

Akuza89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
This.

I buy it every year, there's nothing that competes with its multiplayer at all.

Battlefield does with the way it plays, but its server issues don't help it what so ever, so I don't bother with it and I refuse to buy or rent a server.
YU-GI-OH Arc V
Akame Ga Kill!
Sword Art Online II
Old 05-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #14
DeaDpOoL xx

DeaDp0oL xx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuza View Post
This.

Battlefield does with the way it plays, but its server issues don't help it what so ever, so I don't bother with it and I refuse to buy or rent a server.
I'm the same with battlefields servers u get kicked for no reason sometimes it's frustrating. Black ops does same sometimes but u don't spend 30to40 mins in one game just to get kicked lol.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #15
Barad
High on Life!

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaDpOoL xx View Post
I'm the same with battlefields servers u get kicked for no reason sometimes it's frustrating. Black ops does same sometimes but u don't spend 30to40 mins in one game just to get kicked lol.
You don't have to rent/buy servers, and I understand the kicking/banning issue but you could always filter for official DICE servers that way you can't get kicked.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #16
DeaDpOoL xx

DeaDp0oL xx's Gamercard
Quote:
You don't have to rent/buy servers, and I understand the kicking/banning issue but you could always filter for official DICE servers that way you can't get kicked.
I've tried that and have been randomly kicked from them aswell after playing one match for ages. It's still a good game yes but the server and lag at times can ruin the fun for me.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #17
Akuza

Akuza89's Gamercard

Quote:
No you really can't.

It's impossible to play battlefield unless you know someone who is renting a server.

Atleast for everyone I've spoken to about battlefield...
YU-GI-OH Arc V
Akame Ga Kill!
Sword Art Online II
Old 05-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #18
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

There are a couple of bad games that I find myself playing every now and again. One is Too Human. Yes, the game sucks. But the RPG mechanics and upgrade system are what got me going. I just wish the combat was better implemented (Sacred 2 had better combat than this). Somehow, I beat the game... and got stuck with a cliffhanger ending for this supposed "trilogy."

Another one I don't own anymore, but I still played it because I didn't know any better: Rogue Warrior. I went a good deal into the game before calling it quits. The graphics, controls, glitches, constant swearing, story... the game was just too awful. Soldier of Fortune was better than this... and that wasn't a good game, either.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #19
GAMERJET

GAMERJET XBL's Gamercard
Rogue Warrior.
It was bad, but easy and funny enough to keep my attention till completion.

GAMERJET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #20
Barad
High on Life!

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaDpOoL xx View Post
I've tried that and have been randomly kicked from them aswell after playing one match for ages. It's still a good game yes but the server and lag at times can ruin the fun for me.
Quote:
No you really can't.

It's impossible to play battlefield unless you know someone who is renting a server.

Atleast for everyone I've spoken to about battlefield...
I've played around 400hrs of BF3 so far on a mix of DICE and custom servers and I rarely get booted, it only happens when I feelike taking the piss by using weapons they specifically stated not to use in their description. Like I said if you find a bunch of DICE servers and add them to your favourites then you cannot get kicked..everyone does it.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:18 AM   #21
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Two Worlds. One of the worst games ever made and I loved it. Made me laugh at how bad it is, but that's what made it so enjoyable. The sequel was a vast improvement.

Darkstar One. Had the potential to be so good, but it failed so badly at what could have been a great game. Having enough fun to keep with it until the end despite some repetitive side missions.

Remains to be seen if I can say the same for Hunted Demons Forge. Not played that in nearly 2 months and it does seem ok, just I am having trouble getting into it.

Plenty of games I gave up on. Alpha Protocol, Amy, Swarm to name a few.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:03 AM   #22
CrazyMv94

CrazyMvM94's Gamercard
Modern Warfare 3...

MAL Steam Youtube
XBL: CrazyMvM94 / PSN: CrazyMv94
CrazyMv94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:07 AM   #23
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.

I don't think the difficulty related achievements were stackable, so I had to sit through and "torment" myself by playing through the game three times, then do a mode that was a copy and paste of the story mode but this mode was timed or something. For some reason, I managed to suck some fun out of the game. Maybe I just laughed when I saw how trashy it was. But for some reason, I have a desire to play it again. Unfortunately (fortunately?) it's not in my library anymore, since I gave it away.

You never really realize how much you could miss something when you don't have it anymore. I guess I just like Harry Potter.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:07 AM   #24
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
No complaints from me. Lol.

I will say HAZE (PS3 exclusive)

Why was it bad,lets see the facts shall we ?

Game is 3 levels long 4 hours long ? What ? Thats right.

A very generic FPS.I did like the whole

''Drug concept'' of the game and how sometimes the suit you are wearing would malfuction and you would see gruesome sights,men women and children slaughtered,you were just too high to notice this before. I liked the whole ''Sober up and fight with gurellia tactics,the soldiers can't see you if you play dead,the drug nullifies them from seeing dead bodies. The story was intresting,would have been better as a book.

I paid 15$ for it and what a let down. The only good level was the first.

Why did I not stop playing ?

I wanted to stop but I really liked the story and the first level, It had some intresting concepts just flawed delever.

Eventually I did get my $ back from Gamestop a few days later.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 05-20-2013 at 03:11 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:32 AM   #25
Winkuru

Winkuru's Gamercard
Tenchu Z

Quick money grab and kinda awful but for some reason despite many of it's flaws it still is actually pretty fun game.
Winkuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:07 AM   #26
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
A lot of people seemed to dislike TWD: Survival Instinct but I actually really enjoyed it, apart from having to get those random survivors.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #27
Optomistic

timutimu's Gamercard
Any sonic game, especially adventure. Sure, I had great memories of the sonic 2 from my youth and also the sonic series on the master system, but nostalgia is a bitch.
Playing them now is painful but I'm an achievement whore so I gotta complete them.

Limbo, Catan, Yu Gi Oh!, Hexic, Sonic adventure, SSF2HDR
Optomistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #28
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm gonna have to say FIFA 13
It's kinda buggy, I get bored quick now that I've played it for months, but for some reason I couldn't stop playing up until a couple of days ago

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #29
DeaDpOoL xx

DeaDp0oL xx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
A lot of people seemed to dislike TWD: Survival Instinct but I actually really enjoyed it, apart from having to get those random survivors.
The ai in that game was painful I remember if the zombies spotted me I'd just jump on a car and fire the crossbow and auto pick up the ammo by pressing x fast and continue process till they where all dead.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #30
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Lost Planet, except I did stop playing it in the end, so I guess that doesn't count. I see one of my buddies is playing Battlefail 3, so I may get back into that. Still want to get the last 3 achievements from the vanilla game.

Quote:
Oh shit! You mean you can edit your posts with the edit button? And there I thought it was some sort of witchcraft .

Edit:
Deadsea, I see you've changed your sig. I wasn't sure if you were trying to be funny at the time, or were trying to prove Benny's point. Hilarious either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time

Last edited by Direkin; 05-20-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote