PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Should the grenade launcher be in the multiplayer aspect of games?
Yes 27 57.45%
No 20 42.55%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2013, 02:41 AM   #31
UT Austin

Hurricane Matt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
They were tons of fun in the first two Modern Warfare games, Battlefield games (Bad Company 2 and 1943 especially), and Halo 3 (Brute Shot). It is also awesome in some less popular games like Chronicles of Riddick, and Turok. I really do not have a problem with it, as in most cases it is pretty inaccurate and a decently balanced weapon.

UT Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:58 AM   #32
Cann0nSen5ei

Cann0nSen5ei's Gamercard
Grenade launchers have their place in Multiplayer if balanced correctly.
GOOD EXAMPLE: In Reach, it is a single shot weapon that must be reloaded after firing.

Adjusting the damage (or other) values of a weapon can be considered incorrect (and lazy) balancing.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:18 AM   #33
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
I feel like you can say that about a lot of weapons in games though not just the grenade launcher. I don't think it should be eliminated because I mean shotguns are really powerful too should we eliminate those? I mean I think there are ways to make them less powerful but I don't think they should be completely eliminated.
The same has been said about sniper rifles. Oh man! The amount of whining I've received from people who've rage quit for getting shot over and over. It's not my fault they're so fucking dumb that they keep going to the same place! Though I have to add it is really funny when you see them running around looking for you while ignoring everyone else on your team, only to get headshot whilst sprinting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post
WAH! I want people to play "fair" and give me a chance to kill them.

Basically what 95% of people are actually saying when they complain about a in-game item or tactic.
Essentially, yes. That's kind of what I hear when I see people whining about me using a sniper rifle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #34
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I forgot to mention that I only play hardcore. Less health and same weapon damage makes the grenade launcher a very easy weapon to get kills with. Even if it is balanced in core, where it basically has to land at the person's feet, it is not so in hardcore. In BF3 in core, the grenade launcher is essentially useless because you have to have near perfect accuracy and direct impact the enemy. In hardcore, the grenade launcher is comparable to the one from MW2 and turns into the perfect noob weapon. If they made Flak Jacket more effective in hardcore in both BF3 and BO2, or if they decreased the damage of all explosives in hardcore, this wouldn't be a problem.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? If we ignore bad grammar, we condone it.
snipingheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #35
Neme6ben

neme6ben's Gamercard
it all depends on how effective the grenade launcher is, in mw2 I was sick of people using it, it made the game a complete mess most of the times and it was boring as hell!
Old 05-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #36
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipingheadshot View Post
I forgot to mention that I only play hardcore. Less health and same weapon damage makes the grenade launcher a very easy weapon to get kills with. Even if it is balanced in core, where it basically has to land at the person's feet, it is not so in hardcore. In BF3 in core, the grenade launcher is essentially useless because you have to have near perfect accuracy and direct impact the enemy. In hardcore, the grenade launcher is comparable to the one from MW2 and turns into the perfect noob weapon. If they made Flak Jacket more effective in hardcore in both BF3 and BO2, or if they decreased the damage of all explosives in hardcore, this wouldn't be a problem.
Ahh yeah. Forgot about that (been a while since I played BF3), and I also play on hardcore, or at least used to since I don't even play the game any more. Yeah, you'd quite often get twats running around with the noob tube lobbing grenades at everything. I find it's only a problem when you don't know there's someone running around who can't shoot straight. Once you know he's there, you can deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #37
Goblin93

The cod noob tubers made me dislike grenade launchers so much
Goblin93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:37 AM   #38
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard
Make them more balanced and harder to get. Then I will not dislike them so much.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:43 AM   #39
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin93 View Post
The cod noob tubers made me dislike grenade launchers so much
Exactly, they ruined Modern Warfare 2. But in what other games is this question even really relevant? I've never noticed it as that much of a problem in any game except Call of Duty. In fact in quite a few shooters, grenade launchers are almost useless.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #40
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I love me some One Man Army grenade launcher spamming in MW2. I was the master of that shit in S&D. Pissed so many people off and clutched so many times.

It was priceless.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #41
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Exactly, they ruined Modern Warfare 2. But in what other games is this question even really relevant? I've never noticed it as that much of a problem in any game except Call of Duty. In fact in quite a few shooters, grenade launchers are almost useless.
Battlefield games in hardcore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipingheadshot
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? If we ignore bad grammar, we condone it.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #42
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I can handle a couple of noob toobers in MW2....what I can't handle to this day is commando....worst. perk. ever!
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #43
Spade.
Speedrunning

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

jacob xba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
I can handle a couple of noob toobers in MW2....what I can't handle to this day is commando....worst. perk. ever!
Shouldn't let them get too close to you

Steam
Spade. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #44
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipingheadshot View Post
Battlefield games in hardcore.
It's hardcore, what do you expect? Everything kills you quickly. And it should.

Quote:
A couple? Last I played that game (which was ages ago) between the launchers and the Javelin, I don't think I even saw anyone shooting a gun.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #45
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
I love me some One Man Army grenade launcher spamming in MW2. I was the master of that shit in S&D. Pissed so many people off and clutched so many times.

It was priceless.
Every time you start to annoy me you redeem yourself with the occasional post like this.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #46
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade. View Post
Shouldn't let them get too close to you
i don't know what magic gun you use....but all my guns do zero damage to a person who is in mid commando lunge....from 20 feet away.

Quote:
A couple? Last I played that game (which was ages ago) between the launchers and the Javelin, I don't think I even saw anyone shooting a gun.
It might have to do with the fact that I play with 2-3 noob tubers on my team. I NEVER play alone....ever.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #47
Spade.
Speedrunning

jacob xba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver   2,500 Posts
Quote:
i don't know what magic gun you use....but all my guns do zero damage to a person who is in mid commando lunge....from 20 feet away.
I just use whatever gun I have in my hands.

Do you play with a headset? Since they're using commando and not ninja pro, you should be able to hear them coming.

Steam
Old 05-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #48
IDarK VorteXX

IDarK VorteXX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn
Grenade launchers are one of the most broken weapons in every game. Dont game me wrong im pretty decent at using them but they are pointless.
They will either be overpowered or underpowered but this isnt the major problem here. The problem is that sometimes you shoot on the target and it doesnt blow up just hits them and they die, sometimes they dont. There are inconsistencies here. Moreover, somtimes you shoot at the ground to blow it up and it doesnt blow up. As stated earlier there are major inconsistencies and im starting to wonder that it isnt due to my skill at using them but them being soooooo broken.

*Thanks to Audacious for the great signature*

I wear a mask. And that mask, is not to hide who I am, but to create what I am. I'm BATMAN!!!!!!!!

Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet just because there’s a picture with a quote next to it.” – Abraham Lincoln
IDarK VorteXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:31 AM   #49
XoKLOWNxKILLAoX

XoKLOWNxKILLAoX's Gamercard
Games mentioned are CoD and Battlefield... what about the Boomshot in Gears?

In Gears 3 they used to have lobby's with specific weapons only - I remember that they had "Boomshots only" on more than one occasion.

What you should consider is that these weapons are not real - in reality, all weapons would seriously spoil your day.

Pistols, SMG's and shotguns are CQ weapons.
Rifles, grenade launchers and LMG's are distance weapons.
Sniper rifles are long distance weapons with the specific intention that the target is unaware of the threat.

None of these weapons are generally deployed as intended in the likes of CoD/Battlefield/Ghost Recon etc.

Armchair warriors/generals would have a different attitude if they had to deploy in-theatre in a real life situation... respawns only exist in games!
XoKLOWNxKILLAoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:05 AM   #50
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade. View Post
I just use whatever gun I have in my hands.

Do you play with a headset? Since they're using commando and not ninja pro, you should be able to hear them coming.
doesn't matter.....once the lunge starts it's too late.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:11 AM   #51
Ty-Rex
MORE LIKE JARDIN-BLOW!!!

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XoKLOWNxKILLAoX View Post
Games mentioned are CoD and Battlefield... what about the Boomshot in Gears?

In Gears 3 they used to have lobby's with specific weapons only - I remember that they had "Boomshots only" on more than one occasion.

What you should consider is that these weapons are not real - in reality, all weapons would seriously spoil your day.

Pistols, SMG's and shotguns are CQ weapons.
Rifles, grenade launchers and LMG's are distance weapons.
Sniper rifles are long distance weapons with the specific intention that the target is unaware of the threat.

None of these weapons are generally deployed as intended in the likes of CoD/Battlefield/Ghost Recon etc.

Armchair warriors/generals would have a different attitude if they had to deploy in-theatre in a real life situation... respawns only exist in games!
Thanks for the info that guns hurt in real life forum's poster XoKLOWNxKILLAoX, we would be lost without your wisdom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD

I HAVE WRONG OPINIONS ON TITANFALL DON'T LISTEN TO ME

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #52
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
It's hardcore, what do you expect? Everything kills you quickly. And it should.
You asked what other games it applies to. I expect to kill and die quickly in hardcore, but when they don't balance the explosives, or flak jacket, for hardcore, the grenade launcher becomes a lot of noobs' primary weapon because you don't have to have skill to use it like you do it core (basically a direct impact in core). In Black Ops 1, Flak Jacket was balanced for hardcore so that you couldn't die in one grenade or one shot from a grenade launcher. In the later CoD games, and in BF3, they didn't do this.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #53
XoKLOWNxKILLAoX

XoKLOWNxKILLAoX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
Thanks for the info that guns hurt in real life forum's poster XoKLOWNxKILLAoX, we would be lost without your wisdom.

Typical troll... quick to criticise without possessing the intelligence to actually understand the basis of the original post.

The point that you have totally failed to grasp is that weapons are never used in games the way that they are intended in reality... yes, they are all capable of killing, but they are intended to be used in a specific way.

So, Ty-Rex... I can grow hair around my mouth... what's your excuse for talking like a twat/c**t?
XoKLOWNxKILLAoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #54
Spade.
Speedrunning

jacob xba's Gamercard

Quote:
doesn't matter.....once the lunge starts it's too late.
If you hear them coming, find where they're coming from and right as they lunge, if you're quick, go to crouch and move a little left or right. Knife dodge!

Steam