PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #1
CASCADEYOUTH

Probably a ridiculous question but

Will this GTA feature modern day music or no? I haven't really looked into the game for a time setting but it looks pretty modern day this one. I just want a dubstep radio channel instead of a bunch of old rock and black music
CASCADEYOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:58 AM   #2
LeEk MuNcHeR

LeEk MuNcHeR's Gamercard
I hope you have your personal radio where u can play your own music. Use to love that when playing San andreas
LeEk MuNcHeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #3
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
You want Dubstep? Then Deep Silver and Volition Inc. will have you covered. I'm sure there will be a minimal amount of Dubstep in this game.

iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:44 AM   #4
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Grand Theft Auto is well known for a variety of tunes.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #5
CASCADEYOUTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
You want Dubstep? Then Deep Silver and Volition Inc. will have you covered. I'm sure there will be a minimal amount of Dubstep in this game.
Yeah I know but I enjoy gta a lot better than saints row I think, I think gta 4 had a decent electronic station so I'm guessing they'll have music for everyone like they always do
CASCADEYOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #6
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
GTA IV didn't have any dubstep, but it had everything else. Since then, dubtsep has become hugely popular so this game might just have it. Their radio stations are always solid.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: THE CREW

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #7
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASCADEYOUTH View Post
Will this GTA feature modern day music or no? I haven't really looked into the game for a time setting but it looks pretty modern day this one. I just want a dubstep radio channel instead of a bunch of old rock and black music

Just wow

Ontopic-I would think they will have a dubstep radio station in V as it is hugely,and for some reason,overly popular,but like the country station in Saandreas and the weird Spanish music in Vice City,I will never listen to it

Thanks goes to Captain Slaughter for the signature.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:05 AM   #8
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
Just wow

Ontopic-I would think they will have a dubstep radio station in V as it is hugely,and for some reason,overly popular,but like the country station in Saandreas and the weird Spanish music in Vice City,I will never listen to it
I know right, some people just dont know how to fucking speak. the racists really are dumb.

anyways.... dubstep sucks... it's mainstream garbage, give me some eurodance anyday.

Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:24 AM   #9
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
I know right, some people just dont know how to fucking speak. the racists really are dumb.

anyways.... dubstep sucks... it's mainstream garbage, give me some eurodance anyday.

Not just that he also said he hopes theres no good old classic Rock N Roll (Like The Beatles,Bob Dylan,Jimi Hendrix,ha ha lol at that black comment and Jimi was/is a black man who is a badass guitarist and singer,Janis Joplin,The Doors,Jethro Tull,etc.)

Thanks goes to Captain Slaughter for the signature.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #10
ModernSith2010

demontweak08's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASCADEYOUTH View Post
Why would you want Dubstep, it's complete garbage, if I gave a synthesizer to my 2 year old cousin he could make something that sounds as bad a dubstep. Give me any other music rap, R'n'B, hip hop, rock, metal, classical(only other music I don't like is teen pop, Justin Bieber, JLS, One Direction, etc), as these actual require talent be it writing lyrics or music, playing an actual instrument or singing/rapping.

Last edited by ModernSith2010; 05-11-2013 at 09:44 AM.
ModernSith2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #11
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Seeing as this GTA has the biggest selection of vehicles, weapons, thee biggest GTA map, I don't see why it wouldn't have a wider variety of music too. I except quite a lot of music than any other GTA game has had.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #12
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
What exactly is "black music"?? You mean like dark (eerie-sounding) music? Do you mean like black humor? Black metal?

I do know that nothing would make me want to run riot on the streets in GTA5 than having to listen to dubstep.
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #13
dannypne18

dannypne18's Gamercard
the music from the past is so much better than this we get now. dubstep are awful. get some michael jackson back in the game and maybe a bit of queen mixed in with abit of new music then everyone will be happy
dannypne18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #14
Frasr

Frasr's Gamercard
Personally I hope it is mainly Rock music.

Dubstep is just toilet sounds

Frasr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #15
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasr View Post
Personally I hope it is mainly Rock music.

Dubstep is just toilet sounds

Hank Hill listens to Dubstep - YouTube

But toilet sounds are cool!

Old 05-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #16
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
But toilet sounds are cool!
Yes, and depending on what kinda food you ate you will get different toilet sounds.

I think this just got awkward... lol

I must agree tho, I hope for more Rock music, classic rock too.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #17
Total Shinobi

Grey Kiryu's Gamercard
I just want the types of music that these radio stations had from GTA IV: Radio Broker, Liberty Rock, Electro Choc and L.C.H.C.

I would LOVE for GTA V to have an option to default a radio station from the options, I die so many times in Free Mode because when I steal a car the radio station is always set to something I can't concentrate to when driving with
Old 05-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #18
ModernSith2010

demontweak08's Gamercard
Another thing they need is the ability to switch the radio off, you can't be telling me every car in the game had broken off buttons/knobs?
Old 05-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #19
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernSith2010 View Post
Another thing they need is the ability to switch the radio off, you can't be telling me every car in the game had broken off buttons/knobs?
You could turn off the radio on GTA IV by holding down on the d-pad.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #20
Axel Desade

CherryAvalanche's Gamercard
Quote:

Like BAR4D said, holding down left or right on the dpad would turn off the music.

I personally hope they bring back music similar to what was on Radio Broker. That and some nice trance music and I'm a happy camper.

Axel Desade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #21
OG Aries

OG Aries's Gamercard
Talking

I never understand all the hate on dubstep. It's not my favorite electronic genre, but when people say things along the lines of "anyone could make it" or "a 2 year old invented it," they have no grasp of the structuring that goes into such music. I can understand how I can be alarming to people who are scared of noise though. I would advise said people to stay away from EDC in Vegas next month; I don't wanna see anyone have a heart attack.

Plus, it's all about setting/mindset. My alarm doesn't play dubstep in the morning (I'd kill myself), but if I'm speeding the scenic routes on my days of I'll be playing something energetic like that. Same thing for mainstream (the ignorant variety of) hip-hop. I'm not reciting Lil Wayne, Chief Keef, or Kanye at home, but at clubs it's perfect. And any upbeat music with a defined composition works well for working out.

I'm just someone who's open to all music though, so whatever.
OG Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #22
ModernSith2010

demontweak08's Gamercard
Quote:
You could turn off the radio on GTA IV by holding down on the d-pad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel Desade View Post
Like BAR4D said, holding down left or right on the dpad would turn off the music.

I personally hope they bring back music similar to what was on Radio Broker. That and some nice trance music and I'm a happy camper.
I swear that it does not tell you this at any point in the game or in the manual. Why didn't they just leave it how everyone knew, just by scrolling to through to the end in previous games.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #23
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
I swear that it does not tell you this at any point in the game or in the manual. Why didn't they just leave it how everyone knew, just by scrolling to through to the end in previous games.
Lol some things we just have to figure out by ourselves. The game manual also doesn't specifify there is a special prostitute waiting under the pier on the beach every midnight in the game. Don't believe me? Start up the game.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #24
ModernSith2010

demontweak08's Gamercard
Quote:
Lol some things we just have to figure out by ourselves. The game manual also doesn't specifify there is a special prostitute waiting under the pier on the beach every midnight in the game. Don't believe me? Start up the game.

Yeah but that isn't part of the controls, which manuals are meant for.

P.S. Whats so speacial bout her then?
Old 05-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #25
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Yeah but that isn't part of the controls, which manuals are meant for.

P.S. Whats so speacial bout her then?
I know the game manual had no info about anything useful whatsoever, it just had banners and adverts for shit around Liberty City. The in-game basic tutorials were pretty poor, I guess I hope they're improved in V for the sake of new GTA players.

What's so special about here? Well pay here a visit.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #26
KirbyTheAlmighty

foxhound kirby's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
As long as it has Classic Rock, Indie Rock and Independent Hip-Hop, I'll be happy.

Also happy that Flying Lotus is DJing a channel

Xbox One / Day One
KirbyTheAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #27
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
During the first few missions, you are given tips and one of those tips is about the radio. I can confirm this because I just started a new game for the fun of it. Also when I first got the game, I started a second new game because after a few missions I realized I was missing tips and didn't know how to turn off the radio or what the other tips were, so it does tell you when you play. Correct me if I'm wrong tho, but when you turn the radio off in your car yet get into another car the radio is still on? I also hate how when you get onto any bike it assumes you want to listen to LCHC.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:23 PM   #28
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
During the first few missions, you are given tips and one of those tips is about the radio. I can confirm this because I just started a new game for the fun of it. Also when I first got the game, I started a second new game because after a few missions I realized I was missing tips and didn't know how to turn off the radio or what the other tips were, so it does tell you when you play. Correct me if I'm wrong tho, but when you turn the radio off in your car yet get into another car the radio is still on? I also hate how when you get onto any bike it assumes you want to listen to LCHC.
I've read that certain vehicles have set radio stations on when you get into them, that's why you hear LCHC on a bike.

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #29
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

i hear the whiteys will only have songs in the game
Old 06-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #30
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
Not just that he also said he hopes theres no good old classic Rock N Roll (Like The Beatles,Bob Dylan,Jimi Hendrix,ha ha lol at that black comment and Jimi was/is a black man who is a badass guitarist and singer,Janis Joplin,The Doors,Jethro Tull,etc.)
Yep, this guy sounds like a pretty ignorant kid .

If I had these sorts of skills, I'd work for the CIA. Easily.
Jardinho is offline   Reply With Quote