PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-18-2013, 05:59 AM   #1
UsR Jason

Good Game Mong's Gamercard
Ancotar invisiblity spell

I cannot for the life of me work out this problem I am having with Oblivion.

I've finally decided to play Oblivion some six years and another gamertag later.

All was going well until I hit Aleswell and found out everyone was invisible. So I go to get the reverse invisibility scroll and the ring from Ancotar. So far so good but I get back to Aleswell and cannot read the scroll. It does not let me do anything with it despite wearing the ring and having spoken to every single person in the village numerous times.

So I went away and came back to it a couple of days later some ten hours on in the game. Still no luck.

Is there a minimum level to read scrolls? Or is this a broken game now? Any help would be much appreciated.
UsR Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:48 AM   #2
atryeu

Here's a free bump for you... I just started the game today and have no idea what your talking about so I'm not that far yet apparently... I got sidetracked in Imperial City and haven't even started the 1st story quest yet.

I have a few scrolls but haven't attempted to do anything with them yet. Hopefully you figure it out long before I get there, but if I run into the same problem I'll let you know.

Last Game Completed 100%: Dragon's Dogma

atryeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
UsR Jason

Good Game Mong's Gamercard
I solved the issue by deleting all updates, deleting the game and then reinstalling and then downloading the updates again. I carried on with my save ok from then on.

Before I could not use the scrolls. Just use the bumper buttons and it should work ok. I tend to hotkey my scrolls and then select them that way.
UsR Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #4
atryeu

Glad you solved it. Sad to hear it had to be by deleting everything and reinstalling though Why can't things ever have an easy fix?

My first play through of Morrowind I don't think I used a single scroll, except those Intervention ones to transport you to the temple and such... until I got the spell itself. My last play through of it I did use the scrolls a bit more but I still prefer the actual spell to scrolls I think. I'll have to try them out in here before I decide about them again.

A little OT, but is there a way to find more enemies in the wilderness? In Morrowind they were all over the place, but I had been running around last night for 2-3 hours and only found 3 goblins, 1 wolf and a couple of crabs -_-

Last Game Completed 100%: Dragon's Dogma

atryeu is offline   Reply With Quote