Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Presenting The Splinter Cell Blacklist 200K Microsoft Points Extravaganza (EU Only)

If there’s anything we like here at X360A, it’s giveaways. Big ones at that. We’ve given away 35,700 Microsoft Points for a Trials Evolution HD competition before, 50,400 for a Dead Space 3 competition, and 65,100 for an Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood one, but this time, we wanted to go big. So big that it eclipses everything we’ve ever done before on this here site.

“How much bigger than 65,000 can you realistically go?” you ask, “100,000?” We could do, but still we weren’t satisfied. We’ve gone much bigger this time!

To mark the upcoming release of Splinter Cell Blacklist, we’ve teamed up with Ubisoft UK to give away 200,000 Microsoft Points. Well, 201,600 to be precise. That’s 2,100 Microsoft Points a day for 90 days, with the final day’s winner taking home 12,600 points. In case you were wondering, that’s enough Microsoft Points to buy 168 copies of Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, which incidentally is out this week.

Starting from the 24th of May - the start of our MCM live show where Splinter Cell Blacklist will be headlining - we’ll be giving away 2,100 Microsoft Points a day until the game’s August 23rd UK release date. Yes, the word you’re looking for is wowzers!

What do you have to do to be in with a chance of winning? Well, it’s fairly simple. All you have to do is watch a video on the competition launch zone and answer a question on the entry page during the competition weeks. Then all you have to do is just cross your fingers. What the video will be and what the question will be will differ from one week to the next, so pay attention to that page and to the schedule. Once you’ve entered for that stage, you’ll be in the mix for the duration of that stage, so fear not, you can just sit back and hope you’re a winner then. For the full schedule of events, check out this page here.

So that’s it folks. Put this one in the diaries, you know, for 3 months! Surely the biggest competition we’ve ever done, and most definitely the longest! You'll find a link to the zone on the front page for the duration of the competition, so check back periodically. We'll let you know via here and the social media channels too, so make sure you're following us, and you can even track the winners of all the prizes in our "Hall of Fame" - which will be up after stage one, and will look something like this.

The stage show starts on Friday and the competition opens officially on Saturday, so good luck, folks!

Note: This is a Europe only competition, due to the region restrictions put on Microsoft Points by Microsoft.

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Urgh, 4 more days left!

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 05-20-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
Corrupt.
Guide Team High Council

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 45 (more» ...)
That sounds epic! Beat that, TA!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #4
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Aww man....don't forget about us in the US....

"It is done then. Your schemes, like you, are put to rest." - Altaïr Ibn La-Ahad
Old 05-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #5
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891 x360a

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Note: This is a Europe only competition, due to the region restrictions put on Microsoft Points by Microsoft.
Sad faces. No love for us Yanks. QQ
Old 05-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #6
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I get extremely excited for these giveaways and then extremely disappointed when I see it's EU only.

You guys should find a way to make them international! I don't mean to tell you how to do them, but it's not exactly fair for the percentage of those who use this site who are in the US to not even get a chance!

Sad face.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #7
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Ohh hell yeah bring it!

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Old 05-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #8
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
I get extremely excited for these giveaways and then extremely disappointed when I see it's EU only.

You guys should find a way to make them international! I don't mean to tell you how to do them, but it's not exactly fair for the percentage of those who use this site who are in the US to not even get a chance!

Sad face.
Do you know how much we get shafted on the price of pretty much everything compared to the US? We deserve free things
Old 05-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #9
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
Do you know how much we get shafted on the price of pretty much everything compared to the US? We deserve free things
Not saying you don't or anything, it's just it would be nice if they could somehow be international giveaways. I mean if it's a site-wide giveaway, then immediately all non-EU users are excluded.

Quite the buzzkill lol.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #10
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:

Sad face.
Us Aussies are in the same boat...
Old 05-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #11
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Not saying you don't or anything, it's just it would be nice if they could somehow be international giveaways. I mean if it's a site-wide giveaway, then immediately all non-EU users are excluded.

Quite the buzzkill lol.
There just hasn't been a US MSP give away in quite a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #12
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Hopefully tomorrow they'll announce they're scrapping MSP then we won't have to deal with region restrictions.

I have a UK account... can I enter?
Old 05-21-2013, 12:35 AM   #13
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
Hopefully tomorrow they'll announce they're scrapping MSP then we won't have to deal with region restrictions.

I have a UK account... can I enter?
I think it was stated in another thread that even though you have a UK account, you have to reside in EU to be eligible to e tee the contest.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:16 AM   #14
otaking live

Send a message via MSN to otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman417 View Post
Us Aussies are in the same boat...

The Canadians are forgotten too!

Old 05-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #15
dirge

builder dirge's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quality competition!

Gamerscore on 31/12/2010 77,080
Gamerscore on 31/12/2011 116,056
Gamerscore on 31/12/2012 153,371
Gamerscore on 31/12/2013 187,190

#SaveShenmue
Old 05-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #16
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shiftie   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Quote:

Sad face.
Just to be clear - the prizes are being provided by Ubisoft in the UK, so the restrictions are entirely down to what we are being given. If they would give us MSP for all users then we could obviously open the competition up. However, they are stumping up the points and, as we all know, they are region locked. So it's EU peeps only.

Plus, the points cards will need to be mailed out so only those with an EU address need apply (for anyone that has an EU account but doesn't live here).

Old 05-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #17
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Quote:

Sad face.
I think you're forgeting that it's not always x360a that decide that it should be a EU thing only. The companies in the specific county/region decide to come to the site with the giveaways.

Maybe instead of being sad because x360a didn't make a US competition, you need to stress your frustration with the US side of the companies as they're the ones not making the decision to do anything for you guys, not x360a.

Can't help that the EU side of things decide to offer more to their fans than the US.

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 05-21-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #18
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanape View Post
Just to be clear - the prizes are being provided by Ubisoft in the UK, so the restrictions are entirely down to what we are being given. If they would give us MSP for all users then we could obviously open the competition up. However, they are stumping up the points and, as we all know, they are region locked. So it's EU peeps only.

Plus, the points cards will need to be mailed out so only those with an EU address need apply (for anyone that has an EU account but doesn't live here).
you would think with the amount of US users the site has that some US companies would want to run a giveaway....

"It is done then. Your schemes, like you, are put to rest." - Altaïr Ibn La-Ahad
Old 05-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #19
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Aww yeah! This is awesome

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 05-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #20
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quick question about the rules while I looked over them.

Quote:
7. Disqualifications: Multiple entries will render all a participant’s entries void.
Does this only count per-scheduled stage? So for example - Can I enter S1 and win and then enter S2? Does the multiple entries only count if you do it more than once per-scheduled stage?
Old 05-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #21
Xtowers

Xtowers's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Cool giveaway! Good luck to everyone across the pond!

Old 05-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #22
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

I know you guys are busy with the show, but I was wondering if the first video was going to get posted?

26th and I can't find anything new on the pages you've link...
Old 05-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #23
Craphex

Craphex's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
I know you guys are busy with the show, but I was wondering if the first video was going to get posted?

26th and I can't find anything new on the pages you've link...
Yeah same, I keep checking the page but it just says 25th 00:00, which was 36 hours ago :P

100,000G Reached: 25/04/12
Old 05-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #24
Rajeanero
Ryan Industries

Rajeanero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Artist of the Month   Staff - Graphics Team   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
I watched the video but i can't find any question about it or something like that ^^

If you're using one of my created signatures/avatars/banners please save them on your computer and upload them by yourself.
For example here, here, or here. Don't use my image link. Just in case, that one of my upload sites are down
or i delete the image from the server. This will avoid trouble for both of us. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
Raj is still the best though, no one beats Raj, he's like the Chuck Norris of signatures.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #25
Daemon300

Daemon300's Gamercard
Same. Are we doing it wrong?
Old 05-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #26
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

I don't think we're doing anything wrong. My guess it Webb is supposed to upload a video from the x360a stage and it'll be part of the certain day. Most likely some gameplay/interviews relating to SC.

Under that, there will be a question about something that has happened or was said in the video. You then watch the video, answer the question and wait.

Only issue is, no one has uploaded that video. The one currently there is a place holder until the real one is put up.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #27
Ereaser NL

Ereaser NL's Gamercard
This has been bugging me so much I decided to take a look at the forums, good thing I'm not overseeing it or something
Old 05-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #28
Craphex

Craphex's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Any updates? Almost the end of the month and nothings happened, wonder if the rewards for each day will go up a bit then with the unused points!

100,000G Reached: 25/04/12
Old 05-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #29
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craphex View Post
Any updates? Almost the end of the month and nothings happened, wonder if the rewards for each day will go up a bit then with the unused points!
I'm guessing Webb got caught up with the MCM stuff and is now hands on with E3...

Hopefully something will happen soo and fingers crossed the MSP total per-day increases
Old 05-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #30
SkyChat

Last thing I heard about Webb, he was on a plane to Belize.
200K can go a loooong way lol
Closed Thread