PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space 3 > Awakened
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #91
Minarvia
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 161

Minarvia1980's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskier View Post
Not necessarily. I'm not so sure if what Isaac and John saw was even real - at the very end, right before the screen cut an orange filter was applied, the same filter used during hallucinations. As a matter of fact everything that happened in Awakened might have simply taken place in Isaac's head when he's waiting to die falling toward Tau Volantis' surface. It starts with a hallucination and unexpected survival, than deluded stuff just keeps piling on, and Isaac was supposed to be over mental problems he was suffering in Dead Space 2. Because of that I think that it's just as likely that Earth is safe and everything was imagined, as that it's being attacked by the moons.
Now you are starting to sound like all of the people that believe in the Introduction(sp?) theory that pop up after the original ending of Mass Effect 3 before the extended cut DLC.

But, to play Devil Addoct(sp?)here, you do have points and two things that I notice in this DLC was the fact that the blood from Issac's head injury is gone and there are no sings of it anywhere on his head. Another thing is the fact that he was wearing the Arctic suit, and if this was real wouldn't he be wearing the suit that you had equipped during the boss battle. Now this fact wouldn't apply to people that play with the Arctic suit throughout the game, you can do that, but I think a majority of players would of had the Elite suit equipped.
Minarvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #92
Akinokaze
 
Akinokaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 137

Akinokaze FA's Gamercard
You both have valid points there, I didn't even think about the head injury but the suit was odd to me considering you start off with the same weapons, inventory and resources you ended with yet not the same suit.

While playing it solo I was talking to a friend over party as he solo'd it too, and I said to him while at conning tower that I wondered if Carver was even there or if he was an hallucination.

Carver is the only one who wanted to go back to Earth, to Isaac [and me] it seemed like the moons didn't know where Earth was [though if they home in on markers then I don't really understand that given the black marker on Earth and the fake one on the moon.] It felt like Carver was playing Nicoles role here and trying to trick Isaac into doing what the moons needed [showing them how to reach Earth.]

This felt even more certain when right after Isaac decided not to go back Carver fought him as an hallucination and once he'd won and was off to destroy the shock point core he then had an hallucination telling him the Moons were at Earth [which if they weren't, was clearly a ploy to force him to think he was wrong and head to Earth at full speed.]



In the end though, we won't know what's going on for sure till the next game. Even if there is a surprise second DLC it likely won't be as Isaac and Carver.
__________________
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." -Martin Luther King Jr

Akinokaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:53 AM   #93
Blerbman
 
Blerbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskier View Post
Not necessarily. I'm not so sure if what Isaac and John saw was even real - at the very end, right before the screen cut an orange filter was applied, the same filter used during hallucinations. As a matter of fact everything that happened in Awakened might have simply taken place in Isaac's head when he's waiting to die falling toward Tau Volantis' surface. It starts with a hallucination and unexpected survival, than deluded stuff just keeps piling on, and Isaac was supposed to be over mental problems he was suffering in Dead Space 2. Because of that I think that it's just as likely that Earth is safe and everything was imagined, as that it's being attacked by the moons.

Regarding the part about killing the moons - Unitologists might have dismantled EarthGov in the colonies, but I'm pretty sure that EarthGov's Navy "docked" at Solar System has some impressive fire-power. Considering that merchant navies in Dead Space universe have tech allowing them to literally "crack planets" and even relatively small vessels like the Valiant pack a lot of nuclear ordnance, I think it's safe to assume that the full-force fleet could obliterate the necromorph moons. That's why stalling Carver and Clarke was so important - so the EarthGov (or the S.C.A.F. for all the moons knew) wouldn't have time to mobilize.
Why would they do that, though? Just seems silly to me to make an entire DLC, intended to be a direct continuation of a major cliffhanger, and then retcon it... Anything is possible, I guess.

Problem with killing the moons with big, bad battleships is that you need sane people to operate them. If everyone were to hallucinate like the remaining people of Tau Volantis did, there would be no retaliation because everybody would be too busy seeing scary shit.

But yeah, this is just reading too deep into it. Might as well just wait for the next DLC, or DS4.
Blerbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:51 AM   #94
ThePumpkinKing
 
ThePumpkinKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,500

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blerbman View Post
But yeah, this is just reading too deep into it. Might as well just wait for the next DLC, or DS4.
I'm in 100% agreement here. Some of you are digging way too deep into this. It is what it is. I'm confident that this DLC is to DS3 what Arrival was to ME2.

Like I said earlier. The odds are unimaginably stacked against Isaac and Carver. To an almost insane point. But who cares? Where Isaac is concerned, they always hae been. That'll just make the next game all the more riveting and intense. He'll figure out a way to stop convergence. To kill the moons. He's the marker killer. And now, he has Carver to help him.
__________________
Retail 1000 (No DLC):
Dante's Inferno
Halo: Reach (1400)
Resident Evil 5
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:32 AM   #95
WalterWhite
 
WalterWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,954

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I just read the IGN review of Awakened, they gave it a good score but I had to share this quote from it since most people won't read it. I thought it was kind of funny.

"Much as I love this more twisted side of Dead Space 3, it is a little far-fetched that these extra-crazy zealots have gone off the reservation so quickly. They managed to totally redecorate the Terra Nova in record time. Where exactly did all those candles come from? And how did they set everything up with no hands?"

Everytime a game has candle set pieces to this extent I actually ask the same question myself. Oddly I've asked it twice this week, first in Awakening and then a few days later in Tomb Raider. In addition to where did they come from, how long did it take to light them all?

Candles.
__________________
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #96
Minarvia
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 161

Minarvia1980's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I just read the IGN review of Awakened, they gave it a good score but I had to share this quote from it since most people won't read it. I thought it was kind of funny.

"Much as I love this more twisted side of Dead Space 3, it is a little far-fetched that these extra-crazy zealots have gone off the reservation so quickly. They managed to totally redecorate the Terra Nova in record time. Where exactly did all those candles come from? And how did they set everything up with no hands?"
LAMO! But here is another piece of evidence that might support the fact that this entire DLC is a hallucination, the three chapters titles:
Requiem
Infidels
Perdition

Spell out RIP which is short for "Rest In Peace". Now who is resting in peace, Issac, Carver, the Moons, or Earth?
Minarvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #97
ThePumpkinKing
 
ThePumpkinKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,500

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minarvia View Post
LAMO! But here is another piece of evidence that might support the fact that this entire DLC is a hallucination, the three chapters titles:
Requiem
Infidels
Perdition

Spell out RIP which is short for "Rest In Peace". Now who is resting in peace, Issac, Carver, the Moons, or Earth?
The Human Race.

Brother Moons Are Awake. Rest In Peace.

As in, we're all fucked.
__________________
Retail 1000 (No DLC):
Dante's Inferno
Halo: Reach (1400)
Resident Evil 5
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #98
Hurricane Of 87
 
Hurricane Of 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London, England
Posts: 763

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
Good to see Isaac found a back up helmet after the fall.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #99
sucker
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 79
I finished Awakened and it was awesome, but I still have some questions to ask. How the hell did Isaac kill the Cult Unitologist leader as well as the Marker in Dead Space 2 in his mind? He killed The Hive Mind and the Moon, I can understand because it's in reality, but how can he do that against the Marker in DS2 and this butcher guy? It's fake, it's all in his mind, I can't understand that
sucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #100
Madame Kennedy
 
Madame Kennedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 147

makeSHIFTxNine's Gamercard
It's funny, when I was playing through the final part of the main game with my bf, and we talked about how we hoped that they don't stretch the story on into another game for the sake of preserving it as is, we then play Awakened, see that final scene, and we're like "HELL YEAH DS4 BRING IT" lol.

Despite the bulk of the DLC being pretty lackluster (underdeveloped cult boss, recycled areas, no collectibles, just too damn short), not really worth 10 dollars, the ending basically saved it. It gave me such a Mass Effect'ish vibe too lol, classic EA. But I do have really high hopes seeing the next game on a next-gen console. Can't wait to see what they come up with.
__________________
Madame Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:10 AM   #101
GeneralCurry726
 
GeneralCurry726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 349

GeneralCurry726's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sucker View Post
I finished Awakened and it was awesome, but I still have some questions to ask. How the hell did Isaac kill the Cult Unitologist leader as well as the Marker in Dead Space 2 in his mind? He killed The Hive Mind and the Moon, I can understand because it's in reality, but how can he do that against the Marker in DS2 and this butcher guy? It's fake, it's all in his mind, I can't understand that
It wasn't all in his mind. The unitologist cult leader was real. The battle just manifested itself in Isaac in the form of a psychotic episode, most likely thought the trauma/terror of it all. If you played Far Cry 3, it is very similar to the fights with the "bosses."
__________________
GeneralCurry726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #102
ThePumpkinKing
 
ThePumpkinKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,500

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralCurry726 View Post
It wasn't all in his mind. The unitologist cult leader was real. The battle just manifested itself in Isaac in the form of a psychotic episode, most likely thought the trauma/terror of it all. If you played Far Cry 3, it is very similar to the fights with the "bosses."
Agreed. We see what Isaac sees. Not necessarily what is really there. Same concept as Carver's perspectiv ein co-op. He sees birthday decoractions and soldiers. Isaac sees nothing. Carver fight's shadows. Isaac sees necromorphs.
__________________
Retail 1000 (No DLC):
Dante's Inferno
Halo: Reach (1400)
Resident Evil 5
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #103
Ethereal235
 
Ethereal235's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 998
Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Weird to see people talking about more DLC or a Dead Space 4. I thought this was the definitive end of the series, and what we're witnessing is the end of mankind; if there's no one alive, you can't have much of a series.
Ethereal235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #104
Majica8
 
Majica8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,141
Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal235 View Post
Weird to see people talking about more DLC or a Dead Space 4. I thought this was the definitive end of the series, and what we're witnessing is the end of mankind; if there's no one alive, you can't have much of a series.
It had been rumoured that Visceral wanted to end Isaac's story with DS3. They may still have done that. But this DLC leaves the story wide open for more games/DLC if they want it. And while they very well could get more out of Isaac's story, they could also easily give DS4 a new protagonist and have Isaac as a secondary/non-playable character, or just kill him off in the opening cutscene of the next game/DLC (though he deserves more than that)
__________________

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #105
JDMBO1
 
JDMBO1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vault 101, VA
Posts: 1,730

JDMBO1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's been bugging me, but ch 14's co-op mission you come across an audio during the mission. Now if your John it's his wife talking about them cutting her open an continues to repeat "piece by piece" tell it ends, and for Isaac it's hysterical laughter that the audio log plays. Now what bothers me is who is laughing. Could it be Carver? Some SCAF soldier? Or is the laughter coming from inside Clark's mind, and it's just a blank audio log?
__________________
Eddie Izzard
"if you've never seen an elephant ski you've never been on acid"
JDMBO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #106
Fiery Phoenix
 
Fiery Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 289

Valiant Phoenix's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minarvia View Post
Another thing is the fact that he was wearing the Arctic suit, and if this was real wouldn't he be wearing the suit that you had equipped during the boss battle. Now this fact wouldn't apply to people that play with the Arctic suit throughout the game, you can do that, but I think a majority of players would of had the Elite suit equipped.
Not to crush your spirit, but I took that as purely a gameplay thing. It's possible, don't get me wrong, but I just don't see them pulling something that... deep. The Arctic Suit is obviously the iconic suit of the game (as was the Advanced Suit for Dead Space 2), so in a way it makes sense why you'd see Isaac suddenly wearing it despite beating the main game with the Elite suit on.

At any rate, I thought the DLC was pretty good short of the obvious recycling of environments. I'm still not sure how I feel about the ending though, and the fact that it's a major cliffhanger. I don't expect them to release more campaign content. Dead Space 2 was locked at 58 achievements with Severed and DS3 is probably going to follow suit now. We'll probably just have to wait for a sequel after all... I really thought the story would end with DS3.
__________________
Mass Effect 3, 03/12
Fiery Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:23 AM   #107
Hitoshimaru
 
Hitoshimaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 51

Hitoshimaru's Gamercard
It was a cool DLC.
Kinda weird and stupid.
But none the less,it was a cool DLC.
__________________


Hitoshimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #108
Jonlizardking
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 73

Jonlizardking's Gamercard
Anybody else remember the good 'ol days when you beat a game and get lots of unlockables?

It was decent, but 800 points and only 3 short chapters is ridiculous. EA seems to have a habit of charging twice the amount the DLC is worth.
__________________
Call of Doody fans are annoying.
Jonlizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:54 AM   #109
Hitoshimaru
 
Hitoshimaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 51

Hitoshimaru's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlizardking View Post
Anybody else remember the good 'ol days when you beat a game and get lots of unlockables?

It was decent, but 800 points and only 3 short chapters is ridiculous. EA seems to have a habit of charging twice the amount the DLC is worth.
OH Those good old days.
We'll never see them again.
__________________


Hitoshimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #110
Ethereal235
 
Ethereal235's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 998
Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
It had been rumoured that Visceral wanted to end Isaac's story with DS3. They may still have done that. But this DLC leaves the story wide open for more games/DLC if they want it. And while they very well could get more out of Isaac's story, they could also easily give DS4 a new protagonist and have Isaac as a secondary/non-playable character, or just kill him off in the opening cutscene of the next game/DLC (though he deserves more than that)
How is it left wide open? The Brethren Moons are basically going to devour mankind now that they're at Earth. Being in proximity to them drives people batshit crazy. There's no real way to fight something like that. The game made it fairly clear near the end that these things had probably devoured every other sapient species to date, which is why the universe is devoid of alien life. The appearance of the Brethren Moons is realistically a planetwide extinction event. Mankind exists elsewhere, but Earthgov is basically dead and Unitologists had basically released markers on the other worlds. You were travelling to Tau Volantis because you were looking for a way to turn the markers off because it was the only hope left for humanity.

Seriously, it was a specieswide extinction event that you were trying to head off. Instead, the moons are awake and the markers and necromorphs are still out there. Kinda sounds like everyone is SUPER dead.
__________________
Ethereal235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #111
Majica8
 
Majica8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,141
Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal235 View Post
How is it left wide open? The Brethren Moons are basically going to devour mankind now that they're at Earth. Being in proximity to them drives people batshit crazy. There's no real way to fight something like that. The game made it fairly clear near the end that these things had probably devoured every other sapient species to date, which is why the universe is devoid of alien life. The appearance of the Brethren Moons is realistically a planetwide extinction event. Mankind exists elsewhere, but Earthgov is basically dead and Unitologists had basically released markers on the other worlds. You were travelling to Tau Volantis because you were looking for a way to turn the markers off because it was the only hope left for humanity.

Seriously, it was a specieswide extinction event that you were trying to head off. Instead, the moons are awake and the markers and necromorphs are still out there. Kinda sounds like everyone is SUPER dead.
And you KNOW all that how? 100% certain? No, you don't.
The whole point of more DLC/games would be to see what happens next. Yes it might all end in failure with the extintion of all life everywhere in the universe (I doubt it, but you never know), but if you're willing to give up on the story where it is now then I'd say you weren't really invested in it in the first place. Personally I'm excited to see how Isaac, Carver, Ellie etc try to tackle this problem. They didn't know for sure what they were dealing with on Tou Volantis and even when they did they didn't know how they were going to stop it, but they discovered a way. How do you know that won't happen again?

And no, not everyone would havae turned batshit crazy. Most, maybe, but the marker doesn't do that to everyone.
__________________

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:23 AM   #112
TheMovement81
 
TheMovement81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 108

TheMovement81's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
And no, not everyone would havae turned batshit crazy. Most, maybe, but the marker doesn't do that to everyone.
I could be way off here but wasn't there someone in the animated films or the first two games that was immune to the effects of the marker? Sorry my memory is fuzzy on this, and I might just be thinking of some other game/movie with nothing do to with Dead Space.

Either way, what I'm getting at is if the moons are at Earth and everyone is crazy, maybe someone immune or something along those lines could be the driving force or saving grace they need in the story for a potential 4th game.

Thoughts?
TheMovement81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:59 PM   #113
Majica8
 
Majica8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,141
Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMovement81 View Post
I could be way off here but wasn't there someone in the animated films or the first two games that was immune to the effects of the marker? Sorry my memory is fuzzy on this, and I might just be thinking of some other game/movie with nothing do to with Dead Space.

Either way, what I'm getting at is if the moons are at Earth and everyone is crazy, maybe someone immune or something along those lines could be the driving force or saving grace they need in the story for a potential 4th game.

Thoughts?
There are people who are immune to it yes, and the idea that those people could be the basis for the next game is a good one. And while Isaac isn't immune, he has learned to deal/cope with the marker's influences and isn't insane. Well, not completely
__________________

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #114
Zombiedrd
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,155

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This seems like one of those situations where Visceral wanted to end a game and the real owner said lolno more money. I mean, the end to 3 wrapped up everything except for Issac, then wam bam thank you mam Earth is gonna be eaten.

All good stories need an end. I hate it when a series(be it film, literature, or games) drags on forever until no one cares anymore and it ends because it is dropped.
__________________
50,000-Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper-Art Lover 80
100,000-Dragon Age II-I Got Your Back 25
150,000-Assassins Creed III-The New Tea Party 40
200,000-?
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #115
SHawk996
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 295

shawk996's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiedrd View Post
This seems like one of those situations where Visceral wanted to end a game and the real owner said lolno more money. I mean, the end to 3 wrapped up everything except for Issac, then wam bam thank you mam Earth is gonna be eaten.

All good stories need an end. I hate it when a series(be it film, literature, or games) drags on forever until no one cares anymore and it ends because it is dropped.
This...definitely I believe DS3 should be the last. If they make any more changes, it's sure as hell not going to be going back to the original play style of DS, which defeats the point of continuing the series at all.

But like really, To have thousands of rounds of ammo, a shit ton of healthpacks, etc?

What happened to you using the dismemeberd limbs as ammo like in DS1 and 2? You HAD to use the limbs, because there simply wasn't any ammo. Hell, half the time, you had to curb stomp them to death!
__________________
25k = May 29th 2009
50k = Feb 8th 2010
75k = Nov 4th 2011
100k - Aug 9th 2012
Gamerscore goal complete...working on my completion percentage now.
Looking to boost: Gears 3, Rainbow Six Vegas
SHawk996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:04 AM   #116
atomic viking54
 
atomic viking54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 247

atomic viking54's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHawk996 View Post
This...definitely I believe DS3 should be the last. If they make any more changes, it's sure as hell not going to be going back to the original play style of DS, which defeats the point of continuing the series at all.

But like really, To have thousands of rounds of ammo, a shit ton of healthpacks, etc?

What happened to you using the dismemeberd limbs as ammo like in DS1 and 2? You HAD to use the limbs, because there simply wasn't any ammo. Hell, half the time, you had to curb stomp them to death!
sounds like they made classic difficulty just for you then
__________________
atomic viking54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:12 AM   #117
Fragarach Luin
 
Fragarach Luin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Posts: 813

Jacob Ulysses's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiedrd View Post
This seems like one of those situations where Visceral wanted to end a game and the real owner said lolno more money. I mean, the end to 3 wrapped up everything except for Issac, then wam bam thank you mam Earth is gonna be eaten.

All good stories need an end. I hate it when a series(be it film, literature, or games) drags on forever until no one cares anymore and it ends because it is dropped.
This sounds about right. This wasn't a terrible DLC, but it might be the laziest one I've ever played. No new environments whatsoever, ridiculous brevity, no storytelling integrity, etc. etc....There isn't really any reason to buy the DLC, except for the completion.
__________________
Fragarach Luin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:57 PM.