PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Metro 2033
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-26-2011, 01:01 AM   #121
huskies13

dxnation's Gamercard
is it possibleto get this by replaying levels without starting a new palythrough if you didnt get the "good" ending the firdst time?
huskies13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:06 AM   #122
Crimson Drifter

Crimson Drifter's Gamercard
Found another flash. Not sure if its been mentioned or not, but here it is:

On Chapter 2 - The Bridge, a little ways into the level you will come to the bridge,you will then descend stairs then go up another set to get back on top of the bridge.

Moving forward there is a train, hop onto the box on its left side and jump into the train, go all the way to the end of the car and open the red box to your left.

Inside are 3 baby dolls, examine them to get a flash.

*EDIT*- Another on the same level, don't get seen by the military trolly and you get a white flash.

*EDIT*- On a new flash finding frenzy, on Dead City 1, after going upstairs in the first building you arrive in, a Nosalise will run past, proceed forward and look out the last window on the left you will get a white flash for watching it run away.

As a side note I did get this achievement on my first run through, things I didn't do that guide says to do:

-First off I looted all corpses and bodies and got all gold bullets in the cities to get Sherlock.

-Didn't give bullets to beggars besides the one that gives first flash.

-Didn't talk to step dad at Exhibition

-Took Bourbons bullets

-Took all other bullets given to me, except from the Mother in Child.

In the end I think this achievement is determined on how many flashes you get, the golden ones being worth more, while the white ones are worth less, thats my theory anyway.

100% Retail: (x21) Assassin's Creed,Beowulf,
Blue Dragon, Cars, Enchanted Arms, Eragon, Fight Night Round 3, Gun, Jericho, King Kong,
Lost Planet, NBA 2K6, Oblivion, Phantasy Star Universe, Prey, Samurai Warriors 2, Shrek, Superman Returns, The Simpsons, TMNT,
Tomb Raider: Legend

100% Arcade: (x6) Aegis Wing, Castlevania: SOTN, Contra, Crystal Quest, Golden Axe, Sonic 2

Last edited by Crimson Drifter; 06-01-2011 at 03:05 AM.
Crimson Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #123
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I tried to do all the goody goody things I could. But, in climbing the tower I still got the "he brings death" and because of that I ended by shooting the Dark one with the pistol so I'm guessing I can't just reload that chapter and NOT shoot the dark one with the pistol?

I don't recall getting many flashes of any kind during the game but the regular scripted ones at some points.

For shits and giggles I'll try that tonight and see what happens, otherwise I'm starting run no. 2 with this guide anyhow. Thanks for the tips!!

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:54 AM   #124
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
I tried to do all the goody goody things I could. But, in climbing the tower I still got the "he brings death" and because of that I ended by shooting the Dark one with the pistol so I'm guessing I can't just reload that chapter and NOT shoot the dark one with the pistol?

I don't recall getting many flashes of any kind during the game but the regular scripted ones at some points.

For shits and giggles I'll try that tonight and see what happens, otherwise I'm starting run no. 2 with this guide anyhow. Thanks for the tips!!
I also heard that but at the end it let me shoot the tri-pod off the tower which got me the achievement. I'm guessing you always end up killing that darkone no matter what since its trying to kill you.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:59 AM   #125
DisturbedDan

Send a message via AIM to DisturbedDan

Br4inDEAD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Can you pick up ammo from dead soldiers you find along the way or does that somehow void this out?
Old 09-19-2011, 08:44 PM   #126
DisturbedDan

Send a message via AIM to DisturbedDan

Br4inDEAD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddy J View Post
I followed the following guide:
http://au.faqs.ign.com/articles/107/1078933p1.html
on my first play through and unlocked it first attempt. Short, clear cut, precise. Highly recommended for anyone still having trouble with this Achievement.
Thank you sir.

I followed this guide exactly and got it. I saved the reds in frontline but killed everyone else. Since I was trying to get explorer. I didn't kill anyone in black station and just did the quick silent run through it. Took all the ammo from dead city and pretty much on any body I found.

Now to just get explorer.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:40 PM   #127
DaRk_ViVi

DaRkViVi360's Gamercard
Just got this achievement without even trying to get it. :P
Actually I did:

- Looked around for every kind of secret in there (so probably I got all the flashbacks)
- Looted everything possible, even the bullets from the guitar player
- Didn't accept the bullets from Sasha's Mother
- Killed everyone in the "stealth" part
- Saved the Reds

Actually the Dark Ones in the end were saying that I must be stopped/killed etc, and I shot the last Dark One on top of the tower.
After that I just shot the tripod and got the good ending, reload, waited 20 seconds and got the bad one.

DaRk_ViVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #128
SunnyHill

SunnyHill 75's Gamercard
In my humble opinion is this the best explanation and instruction including every do's and dont's.
SunnyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #129
Wanz1

Wanz's Gamercard
Thanks, lilysintrigue.\

EDIT: Just to note; I got this acquirement just a handful of what is listed as requirements. I was already 3/4 of the way through before I read this guide. I looted off of everyone i came across and every location I could.

Last edited by Wanz1; 02-15-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Wanz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #130
LP10

Hi, i know this may seem old for most of you, but i got a question. i took the tape from the soldiert at DEFENCE but forgot to broadcast it on Outpost, because by the time i was out of the building i realized that i couldnt go back up to the radio station. as a matter of fact the game saves automatically by just going outside of the building, which means that even though i turn off my xbox 360 i will still appear in the same place.

how important is this flashlight-thing in outpost? i have already beaten the game once, so i can reload any chapter, but reloading Outpost in the middle of my second playthrough is no solution to my problem right?
LP10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #131
detseightyone

DetsEightyOne's Gamercard
umm i have to say that i totally agree with delta n1n3 i just did most of the morally good choices but i stole bullets from civilians and basically did a middle of the road playthrough and when i shot the laser designator off i got the achievement, its cool that lily researched that novus homo stuff but honestly i think this achievement can be gotten by doing most the good choices, looking around heaps and shooting the designator maybe thats all that needs to be said?

oh and i got both endings in one playthrough, honestly if you want to do it in 1 PT then do all the good moral choices and look everywhere because the "ranger" ending is just a case of reloading the last checkpoint and waiting for the bombs...

interesting note that i heard the dark ones say "he can hear us.." etc, but they also said "he is here to destroy us" and "he must be stopped" and i still got the enlightened achievement.

Last edited by detseightyone; 08-28-2012 at 01:20 PM.
detseightyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #132
detseightyone

DetsEightyOne's Gamercard
actually mate i think you can reload the chapter with the progress you made in previous chapters i loaded chapters on several occasions and still got both endings...
detseightyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #133
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by detseightyone View Post
umm i have to say that i totally agree with delta n1n3 i just did most of the morally good choices but i stole bullets from civilians and basically did a middle of the road playthrough and when i shot the laser designator off i got the achievement, its cool that lily researched that novus homo stuff but honestly i think this achievement can be gotten by doing most the good choices, looking around heaps and shooting the designator maybe thats all that needs to be said?

oh and i got both endings in one playthrough, honestly if you want to do it in 1 PT then do all the good moral choices and look everywhere because the "ranger" ending is just a case of reloading the last checkpoint and waiting for the bombs...

interesting note that i heard the dark ones say "he can hear us.." etc, but they also said "he is here to destroy us" and "he must be stopped" and i still got the enlightened achievement.
Exact same thing happened to me, Enlightened isn't as complicated as it's made out to be, just be mostly good and shoot the designator at the end.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #134
dhughes60

XxZeRoSh0t's Gamercard
Talking Thank You!

Thank you very much for making this guide. Without this guide, I never would of gotten this achievement. Once again, thanks .
dhughes60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #135
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Totally don't understand this achievement and what is necessary now.. I followed the OP's guide to the letter.. although I missed some beggars during the 'bourbon' section (they just weren't there). So I went through the game doing everything else.. I get to the end and the dark ones are all saying "stop him, he's going to kill us" etc. I'm thinking to myself.. well shit.. now I have to do this all again.. After running through the 'mazes' and you get the gun from you comrade I shot the dark one in the face. Once you come back to reality and the dark one reaches for the laser pointer.. I shot the laser targeting system and I got the "Enlightened" achievement anyway. So keep that in mind anyone else who plays this.
100% RPG's: 38 Post #8
Proudest: Star Ocean; Dark Souls
Failing to Understand our Capacity for Kindness

Xenolith666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #136
PMonk

Pox Monkey's Gamercard
You most definitely do NOT need everything in this guide i know i missed most of the guitars and a few other things. i also DID take the ammo from "fallen comrade" near the end. it is none the less a very good guide and if anyone follows MOST of the guide they should get the achievement no problem.

on a side note if you have a CHOICE after killing the dark one in the maze then you can get Enlightened and hostile by reloading checkpoint

Last edited by PMonk; 03-20-2013 at 03:48 PM.
PMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #137
Nightjar

Nightjar's Gamercard
Thanks for this, appreciate all the hard work that went into it.

Last edited by Nightjar; 04-06-2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: update
Nightjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #138
WRENCHO

WRENCHO's Gamercard
thanks alot for this guide, just got this achievement!

WRENCHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #139
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Without looting certain bullets, it's like making you play through the whole game again. But people have gotten all endings by just reloading, and saying they got everything in one playthrough. If this is true, then taking bullets that are collectibles either don't count, or barely count towards the moral stuff. I really don't like this achievement. I cross my fingers I get it.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #140
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
I got Enlightened achievement and ignored the warnings about looting the bullets. You can feel free to get the bullets that go towards the Sherlock achievement. You can miss a decent amount of the flashes, but the important ones likely need to be done.

Xbox360 games I have
Old 05-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #141
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
I got Enlightened achievement and ignored the warnings about looting the bullets. You can feel free to get the bullets that go towards the Sherlock achievement. You can miss a decent amount of the flashes, but the important ones likely need to be done.
I think the one that matters most of all is going towards the Dark Ones in few, I think 2 sequences and listening to Khan before heading to D6.
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:33 AM   #142
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGranko View Post
I think the one that matters most of all is going towards the Dark Ones in few, I think 2 sequences and listening to Khan before heading to D6.
I forgot to listen to Khan. I didn't really follow a guide much but as a basis. I figured I was going to miss it anyways so I did a few but not nearly what's on the list. What I didn't get was the Explorer one. Now that was quite a disappointment!

Xbox360 games I have
Old 05-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #143
GeneralGranko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
I forgot to listen to Khan. I didn't really follow a guide much but as a basis. I figured I was going to miss it anyways so I did a few but not nearly what's on the list. What I didn't get was the Explorer one. Now that was quite a disappointment!
I was missing about 10 cheevos total at the end, but did most of them through chapter select (mostly weapon kills and that stuff).

Now Iīm missing only 3 - Kill 1 person with each weapons in the game, disarm 10 wire traps and the achievement that no one for really sure knows the requirement(s) - Explorer.

I will need to give it another playthrough just for those stupid cheevos lol, cause you canīt chapter select for wire traps and weaponsmith (it needs to be done in one playthrough).
Would love some confirmation on Explorer before I go for it and finally jump into Last Light, it really is a tricky achievement.
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Need players for:

Old 06-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #144
Hades1171

nikolite venom's Gamercard
Post looting

When you said no looting from commoners does that also mean like the already dead ones in the tunnels. For ex.) The mission immediatly after rita when you first meet bourban and there are dead commoners i think in the tunnels there where you can get your first phnematic gun can you loot them or don't???
Hades1171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #145
GeneralGranko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades1171 View Post
When you said no looting from commoners does that also mean like the already dead ones in the tunnels. For ex.) The mission immediatly after rita when you first meet bourban and there are dead commoners i think in the tunnels there where you can get your first phnematic gun can you loot them or don't???
You can normally loot from dead people (innos or soldiers or whoever) but just donīt loot from normal/friendly people in stations and stuff.
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Need players for:

Old 06-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #146
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
This Achievement was so weird, luckily I got it pretty fast and on time
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:55 AM   #147
CrunchyNachos

At the time this game came out, the path to getting these cheevos was much more nebulous. Now that I got everything on Last Light, it was easy to go back and get enlightened, which I just finished: listen to conversations, refuse ammo from civilians, follow instructions from Khan, and run towards the Dark Ones in the visions you get.

You can loot anything and everything, dead civilians and guards a like. That makes no difference.

Whereas Last Light really made it obvious that you had to explore to get good endings (finding secret rooms and the like), this one mostly focused on decisions you make in Metro stations and following Khan's directions.
CrunchyNachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #148
Johje Bueas

Grant Horsewood's Gamercard
Thank you. I'm going to attempt this today!

Johje Bueas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:53 PM   #149
Johje Bueas

Grant Horsewood's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Wow, this is quite a lot to track during a game for 20pts LOL! Either way, should make an interesting playthrough.
I agree, opiate, but it was worth it! Thank you for this guide, lily!

Johje Bueas is offline   Reply With Quote