PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Doritos Crash Course 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
jack2059

Here Comes Dizz's Gamercard
DLC is already in the game

To add to the reasons this game has been annoying (Dc all the time/always online)

While playing a private game on doritos crash course 2, the 5th track in the map cycle keeps coming up as one of the "Coming Soon" DLC tracks, which has not yet been released.

We also had it come up with both of the coming soon tracks for the snow section. So we had 6 tracks despite it being a 5 track cycle.

Last edited by jack2059; 05-11-2013 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Nice and detailed, try and understand
jack2059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:46 AM   #2
harvy hardcore

toofacekiller77's Gamercard
That don't surprise me but I wouldn't know I can't get passed the title screen
harvy hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:52 AM   #3
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Please make full sentences. I have no idea what you are complaining about.

I like how people feel like they have the right to complain about something that they got for free.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:03 AM   #4
harvy hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Please make full sentences. I have no idea what you are complaining about.

I like how people feel like they have the right to complain about something that they got for free.
I like how people feel they have the right to complain about other people complaining lol
Old 05-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvy hardcore View Post
I like how people feel they have the right to complain about other people complaining lol
They do if they see the person complaining in a non-coherent manner. If you want people to take your complaint/opinion seriously, it helps to state it in a manner that can be deciphered without the aid of a Scooby Doo decoder ring.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Let's complain about potential DLC hidden away in a free game. Makes sense, right?
Old 05-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #7
TRICKY1976

Send a message via ICQ to TRICKY1976 Send a message via MSN to TRICKY1976

TRICKY1976's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Only thing i can complain about is not being able to play it keeps crashing on me and wont connect to the CC2 server. I had an update the other day and was hoping that was gonna sort it but it didnt

TRICKY1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #8
jack2059

Here Comes Dizz's Gamercard
I can complain about whatever i want for starters. Xmas presents are free but i bet you still complain to someone about certain ones.

When the DLC comes out for a price, despite already being in the game, EVERYONE will complain. Doesnt matter if the game is free.

I find it annoying, but im not complaining. I love the game.

If you cant understand that first post, something is wrong with you. It might not be typed in perfect essay ready english. But its pretty clear what im saying.

Playing in a private MP room, the coming soon tracks are playable as the 5th/6th tracks in the set 5 track cycle.
jack2059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #9
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack2059 View Post
I can complain about whatever i want for starters. Xmas presents are free but i bet you still complain to someone about certain ones.

When the DLC comes out for a price, despite already being in the game, EVERYONE will complain. Doesnt matter if the game is free.

I find it annoying, but im not complaining. I love the game.

If you cant understand that first post, something is wrong with you. It might not be typed in perfect essay ready english. But its pretty clear what im saying.

Playing in a private MP room, the coming soon tracks are playable as the 5th/6th tracks in the set 5 track cycle.
I dont think anyone in their right mind would complain about a Christmas present. unless it's a snobby/spoiled little asshole. most people dont do it.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #10
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Kind if sneaky of the developers doing that, but it's free I suppose so it would make sense to have DLC since that'll be their only way (as far as I know) of getting money from this game.
Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #11
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack2059 View Post
Xmas presents are free but i bet you still complain to someone about certain ones.
First off, welcome to 2013, where it's harder to find a game that doesn't have Day 1 DLC, than a game that does.

Next, the above quote pretty much guarantees to me that you are under the age of 15. Yes, although you are receiving Christmas presents for free, somebody you know still went out and paid for it. They're presents, but that doesn't make them free. And yes, you can have complaints about a bad game if it was given to you as a present, as the developer was paid directly, for the end-consumer to enjoy it. These are completely different scenarios.

You can say that the game is bad, if there is something you think makes it bad. But you can't get pissed that a free game will have DLC, when the first one already had it. It was basically a given.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #12
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
Honestly, I wish the dlc was out already. Although I pissed and moaned about it, its still a fun game. And seeing as I only have the tourney achievement left, I want more, lol.

Riphade 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:58 AM   #13
MoldyClay87

Send a message via AIM to MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
You know guys, the reason the topic creator is mad is the fact that the game has the DLC already in the game and it was yanked out so we can potentially pay for it.

The COMING SOON stages and Hong Kong (which is referenced in loading screens, on the globe in the back, and had achievements that disappeared) are in the game.

It's not the same as Crash Course 1, as the DLC came 3 years after the original game and was not originally in the game or anything.

HOWEVER, since the game itself was free, nobody can really complain about the DLC since, well, you got a quality game for free. Paying for some stages is just a way of giving appreciation for the free game and to help ensure more free games come along, and hopefully more Doritos Crash Course games.

It's not like the microtransactions, which is paying for readily available content just because you're lazy.

A free game with on-'disc' DLC is significantly less horrifying than a retail/paid XBLA game since you obviously didn't pay for the content in the first place.

100% Retail: 21/78 ; 100% Arcade: 46/87
Most Recent: Clive Barker's Jericho ; Contrast
MoldyClay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #14
harvy hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowraffe View Post
Let's complain about potential DLC hidden away in a free game. Makes sense, right?
Wouldn't it make more sense to not comment on the post than to bitch about the
Post just saying
Old 05-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #15
Total Shinobi

Grey Kiryu's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvy hardcore View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense to not comment on the post than to bitch about the
Post just saying
To be fair this whole thread is pointless bitching, and your comment was just as pointless as the other guys.

Anyone who complains about receiving a Christmas present is a complete and utter dickhead.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:10 AM   #16
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Didn't they get rid of some maps before release? I guess that'd be the DLC. Hopefully it doesn't cost too much either. I'd be fine with the 160 Microsoft Points like Crash Course 1.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #17
UnarmedReaper07

UnarmedReaper07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
It does suck that they took out the dlc at the last minute. Us gamers can't do nothing about it pretty much. It would of been nice if they did leave the dlc in, but it was their choice and/or Microsoft's. As long as the dlc is priced like the one in the first game then I'm happy.
UnarmedReaper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #18
DarkZ0m

Fu2 Darkz0m's Gamercard
I'm just surprised that we can't already buy the dlc.

100%: 52
Latest: Portal 2
Most Anticipated Game: Dying Light

Updated: March/20/2014
DarkZ0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #19
EloyOn

EloyOn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Eagle View Post
Didn't they get rid of some maps before release? I guess that'd be the DLC. Hopefully it doesn't cost too much either. I'd be fine with the 160 Microsoft Points like Crash Course 1.
For 160MSP I'd buy the DLC for CC2 on day one. If they price it 400MSP... well, I don't know.
EloyOn is offline   Reply With Quote