• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the success of the Chelsea v. Man C. game at Busch Stadium I wouldn't be surprised if Stan Kroenke decides to build a stadium in St. Louis to get an MLS team to link to Arsenal for the same purpose.

He already sort of owns an MLS team but the league sort of encourages multi-team ownership (he had to "transfer" ownership to his son because of NFL rules when he bought the St. Louis Rams). So with his connections to the MLS, St. Louis and Arsenal I could see it happening.

Maybe before Kroenke goes buying an MLS team, he should get a pro club with Arsenal first.

HI-YO!

But seriously, fuck Arsenal.

Maybe before Kroenke goes buying an MLS team, he should get a pro club with Arsenal first.

Typical Chelski fan. Forever in our shadow mate.

Anyhoo, Rooney to Arsenal is laughable. I'd keep Poldi over buying Shrek any day.

HI-YO!

Typical Chelski fan. Forever in our shadow mate.

Anyhoo, Rooney to Arsenal is laughable. I'd keep Poldi over buying Shrek any day.

Some truth here. Kroenke is an extremely fiscally responsible businessman who doesn't let that attitude slip with his sports teams (as some billionaires tend to do).

He probably is never going to spend quite like the other teams at the top of the table because he is going to make sure that Arsenal's finances are self sustaining.

Some of the top of the table owners are okay with losing money to indulge their desire to win with the teams. Kroenke historically has been very much the opposite. However, he still has been very successful in building teams that can still win while being financially responsible.

In the short term this will probably hurt Arsenal's chances to finish consistently in the top 3 and even top 5. However, in the long term when finances in the EPL come back down to Earth (its happened with North American sports leagues that have experienced the kind of top of the league money influx the EPL has), Arsenal might be set-up to dominate the league.

I cannot wait for next season...

That goes for most people who post here I'd imagine. Especially as we both know who will be managing our teams then.

I'm not 100% sure about Martinez, but I'm more than willing to give him the time to see what he does for us.

That goes for most people who post here I'd imagine. Especially as we both know who will be managing our teams then.

Personally, as a football fan, I don't look forward to any season... /sarcasm ;)

It looks like it should be good, as most are. Some interesting transfer rumours. Navas to City looks good, he's gonna tear people up, so fast.

Navas to City looks good, he's gonna tear people up, so fast.

Navas should be good, but his transfer for me demonstrates City's problem. They haven't got a manager but are still making big money transfers. When the new manager comes in, whether it be Pelligrini or whoever, they could find that Navas doesn't fit their style of play or there's a personality clash, etc. I'd have thought City's priority should be to get a manager in first, then worry about new signings.

Navas should be good, but his transfer for me demonstrates City's problem. They haven't got a manager but are still making big money transfers. When the new manager comes in, whether it be Pelligrini or whoever, they could find that Navas doesn't fit their style of play or there's a personality clash, etc. I'd have thought City's priority should be to get a manager in first, then worry about new signings.

For City it's all about the big money signings.

• 2 weeks later...
Higuain 25Mil... Ill believe it when we unveil him. Always get rumours of great signings around season ticket renewal time :p

Barca considering a bid for Mata because Mourinho is "unconvinced" of him....

What!!

I really hope he is trolling the media (as usual)

Well, I guess selling the clubs best player is one way to make an immediate impact upon arrival. Not the best way, but it's one.

• 3 weeks later...
Pfft! Football doesn't exist outside the Premier League...I thought everyone knew that?!

With Moyes gone and Baines and Fellani on there way, in a few years you might regret that statement;)

The fact that teamtalk.com have included Kolo Toure in their new signings XI proves one thing. Very few centre backs have been signed so far.

With Moyes gone and Baines and Fellani on there way, in a few years you might regret that statement;)

The fact that teamtalk.com have included Kolo Toure in their new signings XI proves one thing. Very few centre backs have been signed so far.

There has been pretty much NO fanfare about him arriving here. I actually forgot he signed.