PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 6
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-08-2012, 02:31 AM   #1
RippinTags

FPS Jolteon's Gamercard
Resident Evil 7?

If Capcom does decide to develop Resident Evil 7 which they probably will which character would they bring back Leon again or maybe even Jill. Also what do you guys think it will be released next gen console for sure but like 4-6 years. I'm just saying Resident Evil 6 is a fantastic game. But i feel it was released to fast, RE5(2009) came out 4 years after RE4(2004) and i remember like a few months after RE5 came out Capcom had an article saying it would take like another 8 years for RE6 to be fully developed but we got it 3 years later after RE5. I guess they didn't expect over 600 people working on the game so maybe that's what got them to finish faster.

So what do you guys think?

Last edited by RippinTags; 10-08-2012 at 02:42 AM.
RippinTags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:41 AM   #2
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RippinTags View Post

So what do you guys think?
I think I miss killing zombies and dealing with the occasional BOW. I want RE to go back to how it used to be...survival horror, not run and gun action shooter. But that's just my feelings on the matter. If the next RE is riddled with 7million QTE's I won't bother playing it, and I'll break the thumbs of every capcom employee for thinking it was a good idea ever to begin with.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:07 AM   #3
TheLegendOf1977

TheLegendOf1977's Gamercard
I would have liked to have said that they looked at Dead space and saw another company do a better job at survival horror then they had done and got scared. That would have been a good reason for them to stick with the action.
But seeing as how Dead space 2 (for a bit) and 3 are also going the action co-op route, i'd say we as gamers are just screwed...
Companies don't listen and push their own ideas and not caring wat the public wants...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
Do your civic duty and don't play multiplayer in games where it doesn't really belong. Problem solved.
TheLegendOf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #4
bscalimero3

bscalimero3's Gamercard
Please no! Just no!

I am not sure if I want to play a Resident Evil Game ever again! They can't go back, they can't make it undone. They should just let it die and Rest in Peace!
bscalimero3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #5
bscalimero3

bscalimero3's Gamercard
Please no! Just no!

I am not sure if I want to play a Resident Evil Game ever again! They can't go back, they can't make it undone. They should just let it die and Rest in Peace!

But onething bothers me: the people who keep saying RE6 is a fantastic game... What do they mean? I don't get it! Where or what do you guys like about it?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
neosman8

Liam Rising's Gamercard
i hope they take their time with another resident evil game i love 6 it was better then 5 was and i have faith that capcom can make the new one even better.although the original 3 for arcade or even retail would be even more awesome (as long as its not ports of the gamecube remakes).

sonic adventure 2: battle HD
neosman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
bwfcskillsinhd

i Mr Pete's Gamercard
glad you enjoyed RE6 because as far as im concerned it was shocking! ive have already posted my beefs with this game so i really cant be bothered again.one thing i will say is that for years ive patiently waited time after time for the next installment of this franchise and up until now ive never been to dissapointed but this time ive been left feeling cheated and scratching my head trying to figure out what the hells gone wrong? i certainly wont be looking forward to the next one BUT i will be keeping a close eye on how it turns out
bwfcskillsinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #8
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Cool 1996!

They should simply do it like that with our tech-standards of course:

Epic part starts at 03:00:

Best game ever!

Signature by BAD VII

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #9
bwfcskillsinhd

i Mr Pete's Gamercard
that was quality man good find and just goes to show this franchise doesnt need gloss and glamour.....cheesy will do haha
bwfcskillsinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #10
CoregBlue1

Send a message via MSN to CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post

Uncensored Resident Evil Opening - YouTube

Best game ever!
that wesker reminds me of the Duke a bit.

Thanks to Gackt for this amazing sig!
My MAL

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma in Early 2014!
CoregBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #11
bscalimero3

bscalimero3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post

Uncensored Resident Evil Opening - YouTube

Best game ever!
Here you go!

Old 10-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #12
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscalimero3 View Post
I played through that games plenty times, one of my favourites in my collection but that's not what I meant. They should do it with nowadays tech-standard or let Makoto Kamiya (Degeneration & Damnation) do the job. Real life intros would be nice too then again there is the question with what actors haha, better no-name ones.

No offense but your video is 10 years old.

Signature by BAD VII

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #13
Akatsuki Sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscalimero3 View Post
Please no! Just no!

There is an edit post button for a reason mate. And I love this game. The story is excellent, the graphics are stunning, the voicework is perfect, the animations are some of the best I've ever seen, and it tried something new. I went into this game thinking it was Resident Evil in story, and a new IP outside of that. I loved this game, and if we see a 7 which I can almost gurantee we will, I'd love to see Jake make a return.

Akatsuki Sensor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #14
Hoborg
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I already made some startling predictions when RE5 came out.

I'll summarize them for you here:

Back in RE5 I predicted the following for RE6:

1. Open World
2. 4 Player co-op
3. RPG elements

Well obviously 1 didnt happen. We saw hints of a 4 player co-op system in RE6 which leads me to believe this will be the standard for 7. Also, we saw hints of RPG elements in 6 which I think will be more expanded on in 7. I think in 7 you will be able to pick a class like a medic and play through it like an Dead Island type of game with skill trees.

And of course, 4 player co-op will be reality in the next game. I'm actually betting on more open worlds as well.

So, I was partially right with my predictions for 6.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:31 AM   #15
TheCloudAtlas

The Cloud Atlas's Gamercard
It would be awesome if Capcom makes the next game a reboot for the whole frachise using the classic characters (like Chris and Jill) but with a better writting to minor characters like Barry and Rebecca.
TheCloudAtlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #16
Dark Anaconda

@Blaze and bscalimero3

Hahaha thank you guys for the video, that`s some epic shit right there.

Man this is Resident Evil i know and love! The good ol` times, this video alone is scarrier than RE5+RE6+Revelations put together.

This is so oldschool hehe, look at the first video it`s even only on 240p, that makes it even more oldschool.

DAT ACTING lol , i fucking love it.

I love those days, so all i want is: RE1+RE2+RE3 as a HD Collection (Disk) with 1000G instead of a new RE Game.

Capcom can`t go back to his routes, there are many reasons for this. One of the main reasons is, that the creator of RE > Shinji Mikami is not involved anymore.

Thanks again for the video, lmao.

" What a maaaaaaaaaaansion...." XDD

HAHAHA fucking love it when Albert Wesker goes with his hands over his hair, what a badass man XDD

I laughed so hard, this made my day.

But seriously when i look at the videos, i want to play RE1 Directors Cut and RE1 Remake again...

On Topic:

As For RE7, well i have no expectations and i am not looking forward to it. I would rent the game or just don`t buy it at all.

I think in RE7 Jake will take a central role.

Last edited by Dark Anaconda; 03-11-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Dark Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #17
Skorpion XBA
さそり XBA

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
I think I miss killing zombies and dealing with the occasional BOW. I want RE to go back to how it used to be...survival horror, not run and gun action shooter.
^This X 1,000,000.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:54 AM   #18
telgollgiel

Carra S Midown's Gamercard
I agree that having the first 3 resident evils on one disk to play on xbox would be awesome. It sucks that they are only available on playstation and PC
telgollgiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #19
olthof75

GLOBAL SHARK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion x360a View Post
^This X 1,000,000.
same here....totally agree
olthof75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #20
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
So long as they don't run along with the typical "new-arc-enemy" thing they now have going with the Family, I don't mind whatever Capcom wants to do with the series. (I suppose, as long as it's nothing too drastic... like completely abandoning the bizarre for pure action.)

For characters, I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more Jill or Parker (Parker would've been a perfect partner for Chris in RE6, but hey- why not just make a throwaway character like Piers eh? ) and of course, more of Ada and that secret agenda of hers. Leon I wouldn't mind too much, but I really wouldn't want Chris to be a big protagonist again- maybe just see him on the side, or reference him. Mixed feelings on Jake's position, but I guess he could work too...

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #21
Fueled by Rage

Fueled by Rage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
I think I miss killing zombies and dealing with the occasional BOW. I want RE to go back to how it used to be...survival horror, not run and gun action shooter. But that's just my feelings on the matter. If the next RE is riddled with 7million QTE's I won't bother playing it, and I'll break the thumbs of every capcom employee for thinking it was a good idea ever to begin with.
Totally agree!!
Dead Space isn't that good of a series and besides Silent Hill is still an awesome franchise and they didn't stray from their horror roots. I think they killed Wesker (Darth Wesker) too soon and they are always introducing a new virus strain,just about every game. If Capcom wanted to change the series maybe they should of eased into it.

Last edited by Fueled by Rage; 05-24-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Fueled by Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #22
Maximum Sawfish

maximum sawfish's Gamercard
Seriously Bring back Barry He was the Man!
Maximum Sawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #23
Maximum Sawfish

maximum sawfish's Gamercard
And can we at least have one ciut scene that isn't part of a john rambo film with "X" tapping
Maximum Sawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #24
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueled by Rage View Post
Totally agree!!
Dead Space isn't that good of a series and besides Silent Hill is still an awesome franchise and they didn't stray from their horror roots. I think they killed Wesker (Darth Wesker) too soon and they are always introducing a new virus strain,just about every game. If Capcom wanted to change the series maybe they should of eased into it.
Killing him after 7 main games was too soon?

The thing about going back to its "roots" is that the world is a different place. The great thing about Resident Evil is that it's set in a modern world, and the modern world has adapted to the presence of biological threats (and terrorism in general). We have better weapons, better communications, and it's a major political issue much like terrorism is in our world. There's an entire international army dedicated to it ffs (BSAA), there is no way to feasibly return to a sole survivor scenario on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 06-03-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #25
uk terminator 100

UK TERMINATOR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueled by Rage View Post
Totally agree!!

How do we Know wesker is really dead, i believe he will be back for the final Resident Evil game
uk terminator 100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:18 PM   #26
Mapmakermaster

Mapmakermaster's Gamercard
Jill Valentine. No Co-op...

seriously. NO CO-OP.
Mapmakermaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:46 AM   #27
ServeChilled

I enjoyed them all, RE4 being my fav. I thot the ending of 6 kinda showed which char. would be the main focus for 7? Maybe he finds his dad?

Currently Playing: Brothers in Arms: Furious Four

ServeChilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:00 PM   #28
williamneico

Xbox's Gamercard
Most favorite is RE4 i love playing this edition of RE game and i also like Leon S. Kennedy even i want to look like him so i wear his costume which i got from online.
williamneico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:08 AM   #29
hassaanid2014

Send a message via Yahoo to hassaanid2014 Send a message via Skype™ to hassaanid2014

UtileUnderworld's Gamercard
Can't wait for Resident Evil 7. They should bring back all main characters in upcoming sequel.
hassaanid2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:55 PM   #30
fivebyfive200

Was hoping for E3 announcement, capcom are working on re7 but nothing. As long they go back to its roots, if not don't bother. RE6 was bloated mess, meant to all things to all people. At first you think Chris' story is "old school" but it soon becomes all out action. The less said about the other campaigns.

Co-op ONLY for RAID mode or whatever they do for the next game. Co-op ruins atmosphere for story, mainly when some tard co-op partner just wants to shoot things or you know someone has your back when exploring a mansion.

Revelations was better attempt at Res. Evil, but it has the RE6 disease of too many shit characters and going all action on some levels. Just reboot the series and go back to slow zombies, have wesker for a new generation and FFS capcom port the RE remake that was on the gamecube as old consoles look shit on HDTV (and RE: zero as well. you will make a load of money for not much work.
fivebyfive200 is offline   Reply With Quote