PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Turok
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-14-2007, 03:46 AM   #1
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements here.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:15 PM   #2
pongsifu

pongsifu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Kill your teammates

Who's bright idea was it to have an achievement that requires you to kill a teammate?

Grab Bag
10 Kill at least 1 creature, 1 enemy, 1 teammate, and yourself in the same round of a public match

That is just retarded.

Games Completed: 11

pongsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:24 PM   #3
rx32degrepber

timmy2447's Gamercard
lol thats really going to piss some players of i think. well 4 me i hate team killers
rx32degrepber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:16 AM   #4
risutheone

there really isnt many campaign achievements, is there?

I mean its usally 70/30 right?

Its a traP!
risutheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:46 AM   #5
Pyroman31

Send a message via AIM to Pyroman31

pyroman31's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
There's like 10 single player achievements...That's terrible.

Oh well...still getting this because I love the Turok series.

Pyroman31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:38 AM   #6
pongsifu

pongsifu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
At least the multiplayer might be more interesting than most games, seeing as how there will be dinosaurs and giant insects running around killing people on both sides.

Games Completed: 11

pongsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:00 AM   #7
TacticalChaos15

TacticalChaos15's Gamercard
Wow, for such a great looking game, those are freaking horrible achievements. I mean, almost every single one is online which sucks by itself, not to mention achievements encouraging you to make peoples time online crappy ( like killing teammates, who was on drugs when making that achievement). I am really dissapointed. This game will have to have amazing multiplayer for me to even consider putting in the time.

My beloved Xbox...... May you rest in peace December 24th 2006- September 8th 2007
TacticalChaos15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:34 AM   #8
Kwyjibo3637

Undying x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
That is a really bad list of achievements, hardly any single player ones..and most of them don't make sense..
And that Grab Bag achievement is one of the worst thought out achievements I've ever seen..I guess I will get this for the gameplay and fact that it is Turok..

-100%-9 Retail-4 Arcade-

Kwyjibo3637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:14 AM   #9
benbam87

s7arscr3am 05's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The achievements really suprised me. I didn't think that they were going to be so multiplayer. Now don't get me wrong some of them are quite "imaginative" lol no but seriously I am not a major fan of them at all. I thought COD 4 might have changed some minds but i guess not those of Turok's creators

Working On
FORZA 4 (575) - Gears Of War 3 (635) - Dead Island (715) - Portal 2 (875)

Most Proud Completions
Rage (1000) - Call Of Duty 4 (1000) - Oblivion (1250)
benbam87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:12 AM   #10
Ruthless
Banned User

Ruthless x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I like these achievements looks ike alot can be boosted which is good well thats if anyone buys the game. Might get it im considering it.
Ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:29 PM   #11
abeastlybeast

Mike Finocchio's Gamercard
These achievements are like Halo 3 online achievements all over again
Old 11-20-2007, 02:01 PM   #12
g2thecore

Send a message via AIM to g2thecore

FluidTrigga's Gamercard
It's ridiculous to me how a developer would find it smart to make a game where 2/3 of the achievements are MP. Don't they realize that it makes people play the game online differently...and it only encourages boosting. I was going to get this game....but I think that I'm just going to rent it just for the single player achievements.

"Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week..."- Jay-Z

100% Retail: Fifa Street 3, Madden 06, Fight Night Round 3, TMNT, Fifa 06, NCAA 07, NBA Live 08, Madden 07, Madden 08, Clive Barker's Jericho, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Avatar: TBE, Lost: Via Domus, Dark Sector, Meet the Robinsons, Open Season,Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2008, Cars Mater-National,At World's End,Viking: Battle for Asgard,CSI:Hard Evidence,NCAA 09, Shrek The Third.
g2thecore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:27 AM   #13
Adram

Adram's Gamercard
Wow, really disappointed in the achievements here. I loathe MP achievements in general unless they are fun and don't take up too much of the 1K (like Halo 3), but I can even deal with a 50/50 split. Having predominately MP achievements in a game most people are getting solely for the single player is silly.
Adram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:03 PM   #14
XxxSyLiZaRxxX

XxxSyLiZaRxxX's Gamercard
Not to be rude but....some of you wont get this because of its acheivements.....wow...thats one the stupidest things i've ever heard. Plus I think the acheivements are pretty good, and its not like "grabbag" wants you to kill thousands of teammates, you kill one its not the most repulsive thing to do, u know?
XxxSyLiZaRxxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #15
GoFFe

Send a message via AIM to GoFFe Send a message via MSN to GoFFe Send a message via Yahoo to GoFFe

UnLeasHeD SWE's Gamercard
The kill yourself, a creature, a teammate and a enemy achievement.

It's in public, so it's probably easy to do that in a way without getting a bad reputation or pissing off others. It's always easy to arrange in public matches.

GoFFe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:25 PM   #16
uZi5

uZi5's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxxSyLiZaRxxX View Post
Not to be rude but....some of you wont get this because of its acheivements.....wow...thats one the stupidest things i've ever heard. Plus I think the acheivements are pretty good, and its not like "grabbag" wants you to kill thousands of teammates, you kill one its not the most repulsive thing to do, u know?
True YOU only have to kill one teammate but if EVERYONE goes for this achievement it will be utter chaos for the first few weeks.
uZi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:04 AM   #17
Darth Odan

Darth Odan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Practically Canadian20 How aboot defending your flag, eh? And that's in ranked matches, sorry.

^ LOL!
Old 01-24-2008, 11:40 AM   #18
Grishnaar

Grishnaar's Gamercard
Quote:
At the risk of sounding rude myself, did you happen to notice the url of the site?

And to reiterate the thoughts of just about everyone else so far, horrible achievement list. I predict this game being played for about 2 or 3 weeks to try and boost the achievements and then it disappearing in the wind. That is unless the multiplayer is just truly groundbreaking like COD4 or something.

-Grishnaar
Grishnaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:23 PM   #19
Smellofwetdog

Send a message via MSN to Smellofwetdog

Smellofwetdog's Gamercard
Quote:
How many times do you think someone will get into a public match and say to themselves... ok grab bag here we go... I need a creature, an enemy, a teammate and myself... so I can get my teammate right now *blam*. And then that person respawns and comes looking for you cause he knows what achievement you're after and wants to mess it up for you.

Online achievements are bad enough when they make you get certain situational kills with certain weapons or retarded stuff like that, but when they ask you to kill your teammates as part of the situation that's just over the line IMO. Multiplayer achievements should be structured most frequently around escalating rank. If a game developer really wants to include a good amount of MP achievements in their game they should just give you one for every set of ranks you progress. They wouldn't even have to go all the way to the highest rank, it's very reasonable for most decent players to get 2/3 or so the way up in rank, most games are about time played anyway when it comes to online rank. The more matches the better your rank. I hate seeing achievements like, "In a ranked FFA match stand in an open field and use only rocks to hit people in the head for the duration of the match". Achievements like that just seem like the developers were grasping at straws and trying to intentionally piss off the community by making us jump through some really retarded hoops.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:23 PM   #20
ImAKing1987

Im A King 1987's Gamercard
I was a little dissapointed in the achievements. I dont know if any one else has looked at the math but out of the 43 achievements, only 14 are based on the freakin campaign. That to me just kinda blows and like Smellofwetdog said why the hell would they design the online achievements the way they did? Thats just asking for you Rep to go down. I mean Kane and Lynch already screws mine up and now Turok is asking the samething? All I can ask is why why why? Im trying to debate weather to waste my money or this or put it some where else.
ImAKing1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:41 PM   #21
Hammer24

Hammer2424's Gamercard
1. Grab Bag
It will be patched by day one so you donīt have to kill a teammate.
2. Online Achievements
What idiocy - I hoped after COD4 devs would have learned the lesson - but no...
Hammer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:21 AM   #22
RupturedRapture

RupturedRapture's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I really liked how COD4 didnt have online achievments too since you could just play and not worry about getting such and such amount of kills with a weapon. I do enjoy online achievments though since it gives me some reason to play more.
RupturedRapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:50 PM   #23
WrottenSandwich

WolfVelocity's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I am not a big multiplayer fan but will prob purchase this game anyway. It looks like it could be a lot of fun and I liked the old Turoks/////

WrottenSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:51 PM   #24
ImAKing1987

Im A King 1987's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrottenSandwich View Post
I am not a big multiplayer fan but will prob purchase this game anyway. It looks like it could be a lot of fun and I liked the old Turoks/////
I like the old Turok games too, but if I was you I'd play the demo first, I was kinda disappointed with the overall game play. Heres hoping that the finished version wont suck total monkey balls, but I wouldnt hold my breath. (Glad the somewhat fixed that stupid achievement though)
ImAKing1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:47 PM   #25
JesusBread

Mr Arbitrage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Do you guys think the Turok achievements can be finished within a week? I've looked through all of them and they seem REALLY easy with the exception of two or three that you'll have to play a couple of games to get.
JesusBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:03 AM   #26
Grishnaar

Grishnaar's Gamercard
Not sure if it'll happen in a week. Not if the rest of the week ends up as laggy as tonight. The other thing I noticed is that both ranked and unranked games are considered "public" which is what the achievements state. Not sure if you can invite friends into a public unranked match, but if you can it would make for easy boosting.

-Grishnaar
Grishnaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:39 PM   #27
FreaKyDeaKy

FreaKy DeaKy's Gamercard
5 4 3 2 1 boom is easy to get. I got it the first time I used a grenade, and every time the solders get out of the helicopter there in a bunch

FreaKyDeaKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #28
acastruc

I notice many of the MP achievements are for ranked or public or private matches. Can anyone say whether it's possible to boost these with friends via invite? Ok public/private matches I'm guess yes, but ranked?
Old 02-01-2008, 08:13 PM   #29
FreaKyDeaKy

FreaKy DeaKy's Gamercard
yeah what about on the same xbox with a friend. NO LIVE>?

FreaKyDeaKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:02 PM   #30
xxEquilibriumxx

xXEquilibriumXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
NVM got it

Last edited by xxEquilibriumxx; 02-06-2008 at 06:51 PM.
xxEquilibriumxx is offline   Reply With Quote