PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Super Street Fighter IV
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-17-2011, 12:57 AM   #241
DOBOYX2

DOBOYX2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushy_23 View Post
You guys are insane, I can never see myself completing them all! Congrats.
I didn't see myself doing it either, but I stuck with it. Like I said in an earlier post I got the hardest out the way first. Thats what gave me my confidence and motivation to continue on, whenever I got stuck on later trials. I could just say "if I can do those I do these"........and thats what I did.

Last edited by DOBOYX2; 05-16-2011 at 12:05 AM.
DOBOYX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #242
DarkSephiroth

DarkSephiroth07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
damn 91,19% done, never thought I would get this far but now I have hit the wall...

EDIT:
Nevermind all finally done!

Thanks to Rep for this sick picture!
My Guides: DFL, DW8, RE Code Veronica X Battle mode
, SSFIVAE, USFIV
My youtube

Last edited by DarkSephiroth; 11-12-2011 at 10:08 AM.
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:16 AM   #243
ChupaPayne

chupapayne's Gamercard
Ima just edit this cause about 1 second after I posted I hit Vega's 19..
ChupaPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #244
n33njah

Gam3p0t's Gamercard
Ugh gens 24th is giving me fits. I can't get the gekiro h into heavy finish so yeah I believe it's 8 hits and I did it no trouble in the earlier trial where it was an ex. I am not sure if I'm going to quick or what to make them all connect I know on the video it's like uppercut kick --tap--tap--tap-tap-tap-tap tap but ffs this is insane

n33njah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:33 PM   #245
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n33njah View Post
Ugh gens 24th is giving me fits. I can't get the gekiro h into heavy finish so yeah I believe it's 8 hits and I did it no trouble in the earlier trial where it was an ex. I am not sure if I'm going to quick or what to make them all connect I know on the video it's like uppercut kick --tap--tap--tap-tap-tap-tap tap but ffs this is insane
The EX gekiro can be done with almost any timing, so chances are you're going too fast if you're relating the two. This video might help, hands vids are probably the way to go:

Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #246
n33njah

Gam3p0t's Gamercard
Thanks didi I'm gonna give it a whirl as soon as my wrist calms down lol. I'm at 99.05% and mostly obnoxious ones left so the trial and error is killing the wrists and hands so I'm going to take a break an try gen once more.

All I have left are ken 24 (I've got it I just keep fadcing a little early or I miss the ex so I know I'll get this) ibuki and viper jump cancels which ill just grind until I get it. Fuerte run stop infinite adon (22/24 I think) so it's just these last 8-9 that are killing me so lemme make a couple of runs at it. Thanks bro

Old 06-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #247
n33njah

Gam3p0t's Gamercard
Thanks for that gen video as well as linking that new vesper arcade jump cancel tutorial that made those 3 trials a breeze. Finally down to my last two which are elf24 and adon 24. Really no tips or tricks I know of on ado. I just have to get the link and buffering coordinated. But as for elf 24 I know it's the run stop infinite and from most videos the light (for stop) is almost plinked with heavy to get a stop instant heavy but alas ill keep grinding away at them.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #248
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Ok, I'm going to start my trial run here, I'ma do Ryu before I start anyone else.

I'm stuck on RYu's trial 21:

S.M punch
EX Focus cancel
S.M Punch
EX Focus cancel
S.M Punch
Shoryuken

I need advise on hitting the S.M punches, not sure if this trial has been mentioned before.

Also need help on trial 20 of RYU, namely the solar punch > Crouch Hard punch, what's the timing? Anyt tricks on not doing hadouken when doing shoryuken also?
Jesus, some of you guys fold like a card table at the slightest whim of a challenge.

Last edited by Jakez123; 08-09-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #249
Didi Mau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
I'm stuck on RYu's trial 21:

S.M punch
EX Focus cancel
S.M Punch
EX Focus cancel
S.M Punch
Shoryuken

I need advise on hitting the S.M punches, not sure if this trial has been mentioned before.

Also need help on trial 20 of RYU, namely the solar punch > Crouch Hard punch, what's the timing? Anyt tricks on not doing hadouken when doing shoryuken also?
Page 4 has some for 21, most trials are already in here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster328 View Post
Just did Ryu's #21, #22 & #23. I did #21 like this...
Standing MP > M. Hadoken > FADC > (Repeat) > Standing MP > M. Shoryuken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiRain View Post
Master- Great tip for 21, got it in 5 mins after I read your idea, but I did you one better and added EX hurricane after last MP because I couldn't shoryuken it.
For 20 you can use a shoryuken input shortcut to avoid a hadouken coming out, I do the combo like this:

Focus attack, dash forward, forward+HP (begin holding down-forward during the move's animation), down-forward HP, down, down-forward HP (shoryuken), down, down-forward, forward HP (shinku hadouken).

Practice doing cr.HP xx shoryuken by inputting down-forward HP, down, down-forward HP. If you're still getting hadoukens to come out it means you're accidentally rolling onwards from down-forward to forward: you don't need to fix that (it's a common mistake), you just need to press HP slightly earlier so that it's inputted on the down-forward input before the forward input is entered.

Last edited by Didi Mau; 08-10-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:57 AM   #250
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didi Mau View Post
Page 4 has some for 21, most trials are already in here:

For 20 you can use a shoryuken input shortcut to avoid a hadouken coming out, I do the combo like this:

Focus attack, dash forward, forward+HP (begin holding down-forward during the move's animation), down-forward HP, down, down-forward HP (shoryuken), down, down-forward, forward HP (shinku hadouken).

Practice doing cr.HP xx shoryuken by inputting down-forward HP, down, down-forward HP. If you're still getting hadoukens to come out it means you're accidentally rolling onwards from down-forward to forward: you don't need to fix that (it's a common mistake), you just need to press HP slightly earlier so that it's inputted on the down-forward input before the forward input is entered.
Thanks, I did them both after reading this.

Stuck on Ryu's 24th trial, I've watched the workaround video but it's hard for me to land the HP after the hard Hadoken > Focus cancel. It just doesn't come out half the time.

EDIT:

This was my method for doing ryu's 24 if anyone wants to know:

I tried the work around which is:

Jump H.P
Crouch L.P
Crouch L.P
Crouch M.P
Hadoken M
EX Focus attack > FADC
Crouch M.K
Hadoken H

EX Focus attack > FADC
Standing H.P
EX Tatsumaki
Metsu Shoryuken

Originally the consistency to landing the bolded section was low, this was mainly because my timing of linking the Crouching L.P > Crouching M.P wasn't perfect hence I didn't always cancel it into the hadoken (since I didn't expect the crouch M.P to land). So I gave up with the workaround.

I then practiced this section (The workaround sections are removed because I wanted to do it without the workaround):

Jump H.P
Crouch L.P
Crouch L.P
Crouch M.P
Crouch M.K

But the problem was I could never land the Crouching Medium kick, but since I practiced it for a good solid 10 minutes, my consistency of landing the Crouching L.P > Crouching M.P was like 90%.

Hence I went back to the workaround method and I was able to calmly input everything, then I got to the end and missed the Metsu shoryuken, after 2 or 3 more tries I then completed the trial. IMO consistency is key.

Long story short:

Practice the Double crouching punch > crouching medium punch so you don't panic and rush the Hadoken > FADC motions.

EDIT 2: NEED some assisstance on Ken's 20, would search the thread but it's 8AM and I'ma go to bed.
Jesus, some of you guys fold like a card table at the slightest whim of a challenge.

Last edited by Jakez123; 08-11-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #251
Didi Mau

Quote:
NEED some assisstance on Ken's 20, would search the thread but it's 8AM and I'ma go to bed.
Ken's 20 is just a link combo, so there's not a great deal to help with- Ken cannot FA crumple off a regular hadouken, I don't think there's any additional moves you could add to the combo to stall for time. Some things to note:

-If you're playing on a stick, you could plink the HP to make the cr.LP, cr.HP easier to hit. You can read up on plinking HERE if you're unfamiliar with it, but it's more than doable to learn 1-frame links without it (I very rarely plink).

-The dash cancel after the focus attack only requires one forward direction, as you've buffered the first forward input at the end of the hadouken's quarter circle. hadouken xx FADC's input is just down, down-forward, forward+P, MP+MK, foward. If you only input the necessary one forward instead of mashing out two or more, you'll have more time to mentally focus on crouching into the next link.

-As the combo ends with c.HP xx shoryuken, use the down-forward, down, down-forward shoryuken shortcut input for ease of execution.

So the easiest directional inputs for the combo (in my opinion) goes: hold down, cr.LP, cr.HP, down-forward, forward+P, MP+MK, forward, hold down-forward, cr.LP, cr.HP, down, down-forward+HP. If you're struggling to time the FADC with just one forward input you do have time to enter more and guarantee the dash, but don't let that throw you off tempo and rush the buttons for the slow c.LP, c.HP link.

It looks like you may be going through each character in order before moving onto the next. You may want to try every character's first twenty or so trials before buckling down on getting each fully completed, it will get you used to the game's engine and the shortcuts that can be abused. The last five character's trials 17-20 might be helpful in practicing links right now, whilst they would be worthless if you've already grinded out the previous thirty character's trials 21-24.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:19 AM   #252
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didi Mau View Post
Ken's 20 is just a link combo, so there's not a great deal to help with- Ken cannot FA crumple off a regular hadouken, I don't think there's any additional moves you could add to the combo to stall for time. Some things to note:

-If you're playing on a stick, you could plink the HP to make the cr.LP, cr.HP easier to hit. You can read up on plinking HERE if you're unfamiliar with it, but it's more than doable to learn 1-frame links without it (I very rarely plink).

-The dash cancel after the focus attack only requires one forward direction, as you've buffered the first forward input at the end of the hadouken's quarter circle. hadouken xx FADC's input is just down, down-forward, forward+P, MP+MK, foward. If you only input the necessary one forward instead of mashing out two or more, you'll have more time to mentally focus on crouching into the next link.

-As the combo ends with c.HP xx shoryuken, use the down-forward, down, down-forward shoryuken shortcut input for ease of execution.

So the easiest directional inputs for the combo (in my opinion) goes: hold down, cr.LP, cr.HP, down-forward, forward+P, MP+MK, forward, hold down-forward, cr.LP, cr.HP, down, down-forward+HP. If you're struggling to time the FADC with just one forward input you do have time to enter more and guarantee the dash, but don't let that throw you off tempo and rush the buttons for the slow c.LP, c.HP link.

It looks like you may be going through each character in order before moving onto the next. You may want to try every character's first twenty or so trials before buckling down on getting each fully completed, it will get you used to the game's engine and the shortcuts that can be abused. The last five character's trials 17-20 might be helpful in practicing links right now, whilst they would be worthless if you've already grinded out the previous thirty character's trials 21-24.
I see, I know about plinking, I'll learn the links. I just went back and Completed the last 2 trials for Zangief.

I've completed:

Ryu
Zangief
Hakan

I'm currently going for Ken and I have like 5 left for him, I'm focusing on the trials mentioned above and trial 24.

I'll rather do characters one at a time because I operate better that way (I did the same with MK VS DCU).

At the moment I'm starting to understand the game already, Stuff like FADC'ing and the like are becoming a second nature to me.

I'm sure Ken's trial 24 was already explained in the thread, one question though how do you search the thread so quickly? Is there a super search function because whenever I search I get errors.

Anyways it's to do with this video here:

The ex Hadoken > Level 2 FA crumple, I can never land the FA lvl 2 crumple, I'm always too slow. Any tips for the Air EX tatsu?

EDIT:

NVM, didn't really play much for the whole day and then went back to it.

Apparently trial 23 of Ken's teaches you the link of EX hadoken > LVL 2 FA CRUMPLE as it is required for the combo. Easily did that trial and moved onto trial 24, I then learned that you had to severely hit them deep with the Hard kick (like in the video above) for the crumple to hit in trial 24.

It was trial and error till I landed the EX tatsu then I hit the ultra first try, now only 20, 21, 22 remaining.

EDIT 2: 22 was really annoying, but the EX hadoken > FA lvl 2 crumple was effective here also, I had to learn the 1 frame link though.

Did 21 on my third attempt, that was really easy.

EDIT 3: Ken's 20 was a drag, I did the Shoryuken motion trick but the Crouch Hard punch would be too late and then I would cancel into the shoryuken but he would also block that, what that told me was that I had the motion down.

Trial and error till I actually hit the second 1 frame link and then the shoryuken connected.

KEN COMPLETE

Last edited by Jakez123; 08-12-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #253
^_^x Yashiro

Yashiro EC's Gamercard
Maybe someone said this before but, Vesperarcade videos helps a lot, you can understand the "timing" perfectly from his videos because he shows hands and you can hear buttons. I did all trials on arcade stick using that videos.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #254
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^_^x Yashiro View Post
Maybe someone said this before but, Vesperarcade videos helps a lot, you can understand the "timing" perfectly from his videos because he shows hands and you can hear buttons. I did all trials on arcade stick using that videos.
IMO seeing things isn't the best in my opinion, because he doesn't exactly say WHAT he does. For example in his KOF13 trial videos he specifically mentions any tips and tricks to help complete certain trials, for SSFIV he just does them, that's it.

Also he doesn't show workarounds, which is also a major factor, for example Ken's 23 and 24 wouldn't be complete if I didn't use a workaround and instead opted for Vesper's video. Gnna start Honda now

EDIT: Need assistance on Chun Li's 21, searched the thread and couldn't find anything. I just can't land the second crouching Kick, what's the timing on it?

NVM, chun li is now complete, overall it was a fun set of trials. BTW, I never liked charge characters and have little experience with them and I did it, I look forward to guile. also, I hate mashing moves.

*sigh* E Honda has Mashing and charge moves....

EDIT:

Stick on 21, what a beast

Last edited by Jakez123; 08-13-2013 at 03:57 AM.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:08 AM   #255
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Hmm, I think I might update my status here like the other people have on their journey for this cheevo.

My last post was on the 12th of August 2013, and I edited on the 13th of august 2013.

Today it is the 15th of December 2013.

Anyway, I had to take a break from SSFIV since I was in the 3 lives tournament (and as you can tell, I won). So I was pretty burnt out on playing games. Anyway, I think I may attempt to finish this game once and for all (then go do SFIV).

I didn't post anything but shortly after my latest update I bought a fighting pad for the turbo functionality. Using that I was able to complete the leftover E-Honda trials easily.

From that point in time I was in the 3 lives tournament, and I didn't play SSFIV much. Recently my internet went down and I was bored out of my mind, so what did I do? You guessed it, I played SSFIV and did some trials.

I managed to do all of blankas trials (Another fucking charge character), it took me around an hour to an hour and a half for his trials, I did use the turbo controller for some of his mashing trials.

I then started on Guile's trials, as you can tell, I'm going down the list, but after reading other people's post I think it's best if I tackle the hardest trials first. In hindsight that's the best method, that way the trials get "easier" and "smoother" and I'll know that I can do every trial if I knock out the hard ones. Logically I should have done the same thing from the start considering I did the exact same thing when I played Mortal Kombat VS DCU in which I did Raiden's and Shao Kahn's trials first (The hardest trials).

On Guile I was able to do trials 1-14, 16-19 before I stopped, mainly because I had no internet so I wasn't able to look for a video and see what I was expected to do, nor could I look for shortcuts for his moves. Apparently his Super knocks the enemy higher when using the LK version and his super/Ultra doesn't require the Up-forward motion.

I like completing a character when I start their trials, that way as I use them, I understand their mechanics and everything comes naturally. But I think I'll put him on hold and start C.Vipers AKA the hardest character.

I'll keep you anyone out there updated, for those who check on this thread in a few days, weeks or even years, you'll be able to see my journey, wonder if I'll be able to do it though.

My progress:

Sorry for the bad quality photos, any, not sure if you can see but I've also done Hakan's trials (first character I ever done).

I use a controller for anyone that is wondering, Wired. I use a wired turbo pad for the stupid mash trials.

edit:

I posted the above message at 2:00AM, it is now 6AM. I attempted to do C.vipers trials. I've currently done 23 out of 24. The last trial left for her is number 24.

jesus fucking christ though, her number 22 was a killer. Took me like an hour or around 1 hour and a half for that mission. I have a feeling I'll be dreaming about C.viper tonight.

EDIT: 2.

Anyway, finished off the last trial for C.Viper (number 24). Glad she's done, her number 22 was a killer. Since she's the hardest character, I'm glad she's done.

I think with trial 24 you really need to know how to do the starting section with some consistency. I personally was able to pull it off 50% of the time. I also learn that the high jump cancel in simply Down > Up-forward. Previously I was doing a reverse tiger knee motion. Yea......all of the previous high jump cancels I did a tiger knee motion, wonder how much easier it would've been if I didn't have to do that.

I also went back and did Guile's 15, it was an easy challenge overall, dunno how I couldn't do it before.

EDIT 3:

So after C.viper on the "god tier list" over on PS3T was Cammy. I just finished off her trials, not sure why she was even in the GOD TIER section, her trials were easy.

I ended the day by doing Guile's 24. I have mission, 20, 21, 22 and 23 left for him, dunno why I randomly started 24, but oh well.

EDIT: 4

Well it's 17th of December and I've being playing SSFIV on and off throughout the day. I decided I'll knock off the "GOD TIER" characters.

So I started Gen, he was also pretty simple, his 24 was really easy considering I used a turbo thus the first section was a breeze, it only mattered on hitting the Gekiro (FULL). God tier number 3 done.

I then proceeded to do the legendary EL FUERTE. His challenges were also easy, till I got to 24. Proceeded to use my turbo for instant Rush > cancel. After around 15 minutes I did the 24th trial, not so bad. I thank whoever else in this thread said to use a turbo =).

Then I did Ibuki's trials, easily went through the first 23 trials, now I'm on the 24th, haven't started it yet though, just idling on the trial screen =).

Well, I just did ibuki's 24, it was actually pretty simple. The fact that you could buffer the first QCF in the target combo made it a cake walk.

There's also something else I'm sure people don't know with the combo.

The combo is this:

Cr.LK > Cr.LP > (St.LK > St.MK) > High Jump > Ultra. The brackets represent the target combo.

So your input motion should be:

Cr.LK > Cr.LP > (St.LK > QCF + St.MK) > QCFU + KKK.

I think I know what is throwing people off:

It's because people are cancelling the Cr.LP into the St.LK, therefore the St.MK will not come out (2 cancels don't work). Therefore you have to LINK the Cr.LP into the St.LK and then cancel that into the QCF > St.MK.

If you believe I'm wrong, do this:

Mash Cr.LP > St.LK > St.MK, if you do that the St.MK will not come out.

Therefore what you have to do is:

Cr.LK > Cr.LP >Link> St.LK >Cancel> St.MK, during the "cancel" you buffer the first QCF also.

Not sure if it made sense, but it made sense to me, I wondered by the target combo wasn't coming out when I rapidly inputted it, and that was because my combo already contained a cancel therefore I couldn't cancel a second time continuously.

Took me like 15 minutes, I was watching some of vesper's videos half the time lol.

Well so far I've done:

Ryu
Ken
Chun-li
E.Honda
Blanka
Zangief
C.Viper
El Fuerte
Cammy
Gen
Ibuki
Hakan.

EDIT: 5

4:30AM (17th December).

Anyway, time to end the day again. I just did T.Hawk just to see how his trials were, what a joke, another character to my tally. I started browsing looking at the characters, turns out a long time ago I did 1-10 of dan's trials....weird.

Anyway I started Sakura because everyone said she was god tier material, I ended up finishing her 24 trials just now. Trial 23 was a pain but I used the alternative solution (Cr.LP > Cr.HP). It wasn't so bad, but I can see why people could spend a long time on it.

As of now I have 2 unfinished characters, Guile, who I've done 1-19, 24 with, and dan 1-10. I think I'll finish them both off tomorrow before I start anyone else. Either way apparently they're both decently hard characters.

Just out of reference, today I've done: Gen, Ibuki, El fuerte, Sakura and T.Hawk

EDIT: 4:00AM (18th December).

As I stated yesterday, I said I would finish off Guile/Dan. Which is what I did, I decided dan should be done first because apparently his 23 was hard. When I saw his 23rd trial, I laughed, because it was just like Ken's, but easier. I did Dan. I went back to Guile, and jesus christ his Sonic boom > double flash > sonic hurricane was a killer. The first time I did the sonic boom > double flash I actually missed the ultra....

Anyway, I finally did that trial and I moved onto 22 and 23, which were much easier.

I decided that Fei Long would be best next, apparently he also had some tricky combos, but I had little to no trouble with him, so I proceeded to Vega. Vega's 24th was the only challenge, but I got it after watching Vesperarcade's video on youtube.

Because I took out several more "harder characters", I wanted to do a "easy" character. And thus I continued down my list of fighters, the next character was Dhalsim. Dhalsim's combos were easy, although I believe 23 was kind of hard (Tiger knee teleport and all that Jazz, I did use the workaround though).

After dhalsim I started abel, easily progressing through 23 of his 24 trials. I haven't really attempted his 24th trial, but I leave it here today, I'm getting tired.

Today I completed: Dan, Guile, Fei Long, Dhalsim, Vega and 23 Abel trials.

My completion percentage is now 57.02%

Also, since I did both Guile and Vega, I don;t think there are any more triangle motion charge characters. A shame there's still Balrog, Adon and Sagat though, hate charge characters, might sweep them up just because of it.

EDIT: 4:30AM (19th December 2013).

*Sigh* another day hacking away at these trials. I started with Abel, as you know I did 23 trials with him, honestly his 24th was annoying, but I enjoyed it, I did it in around 15 minutes.

I decided to knock out balrog, I won't lie, he gave me some trouble, his 22, 23 and 24th occupied me for around an hour or so.

I then decided to do sagat, because I thought he was a charge character, and he wasn't lmao. His trials weren't so bad.

I decided that I should take on Rufus, as apparently he was decently hard, I completely smashed through is trials in around and hour. His trial 23 was really easy, turbo pad OP.

I then did M.Bison, who apparently is cake-tier, and I agree, his trials were really easy. Same with Seth, nothing hard for him either.

Anyway, today I did: Abel (1 trial), Seth, M.Bison, Sagat, Balrog and Rufus

Current completion %: 71.43

Characters leftover:

Akuma
Gouken
Rose
Dee Jay
Guy
Cody
Makato
Dudley
Adon
Juri

Last edited by Jakez123; 12-19-2013 at 04:30 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:12 AM   #256
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Had to make another post, reached the character limit.

EDIT: 4:00AM 20th of december.

I have cleared 100% of the trials, I blitzed through all remaining characters.

I started with Akuma, his trials were pretty hard, well, only his 22nd one, protip: HIT TWICE WITH THE SHORYUKEN, NOT 3 TIMES.

Gouken was next, but his were easy. Honestly the rest were all easy, except for 1 trial which bugged me: Makoto's 24th. I could do the cancel easy, the problem was connecting the super into the ultra. I mashed it, and did it normally to no avail - it would always whiff. Then randomly when I mashed it, it connected. Weird trial.

Anyway, I'm here to join the trial club =)

Old 07-14-2014, 03:25 AM   #257
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Quote:
Gouken was next, but his were easy. Honestly the rest were all easy, except for 1 trial which bugged me: Makoto's 24th. I could do the cancel easy, the problem was connecting the super into the ultra. I mashed it, and did it normally to no avail - it would always whiff. Then randomly when I mashed it, it connected. Weird trial.
Ok guys, I know this is like a quadruple post in a row or something, but I've found the answer to the above. Not only that, this thread deserves a bump.

Anyway, I decided to stack the PC version of SSF4. This obviously means I have to do the trials again though. I had the SAME PROBLEM with Makoto's trial 24. After doing some research I found out why the Ultra whiffs.

Pretty much you want to get AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to Dan. The problem here is that most people (Myself included) Would normally forward dash into Dan then start the combo again after every failed attempt. The problem is that no matter how many times you forward dash into Dan, there's still a small gap between you and Dan. The only way to close this small gap is to manually walk into Dan to close the gap.

Therefore whenever you go for this trial, DO NOT DASH INTO DAN, just walk into Dan, then start the combo. Once I did this I landed the Ultra first try.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #258
TheJollyBrawler

Hi guys. I'm trying complete all trials, 87% at the moment.
I got problem with Dan trial 18, I can't hit with dankuyaku after FADC.
When do I have input dankuyaku?
Someone can help me, please?
TheJollyBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote