PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Lord of the Rings
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-27-2013, 08:21 AM   #1
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Angry What idiot at TT thought up the "auto run" areas?!?!

the auto run sections of levels where your character is auto running, driving, etc and you can only make them go left or right, jump and thats about it. all Lego games have them and they are the complete bane of all Lego game players' existence.

if i ever meet the moron at TT that thought them up, i'm seriously going to jam a pencil in their eye. right up there with QTEs for the stupidest game mechanics ever. especially in a game with collectibles where they want you to take your time collecting everything, not be RUSHED or forced to jump at the right time to grab something which you dont even know exactly where it will be because of the camera angle.

only reason i feel like venting is i just missed the stupid chest at the end of Mount Doom for the 2nd time in a row because i jumped at the wrong time and it passed me by. its so incredibly frustrating that you have to do the ENTIRE LEVEL over again every time you miss it, and thats the biggest problem with these stupid friggin auto run parts.

i also am having issues with the one in the auto run part in Helm's Deep where you charge out on horseback. theres a chest you have to jump for right as you exit the castle part that i LITERALLY jumped and passed through and the game didnt give it to me. did they actually test this game at all, cause all in all it seems like the worst overall Lego game ive played, which is sad since its based on one of the coolest things ever.

Last edited by shinobigarth; 04-27-2013 at 08:27 AM.
shinobigarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
Cilisien
Maximum Club's Knight

Cilisien's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Cilisien   Staff Club - troy0891   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Although i'm not as frustrated as you seem to be I know the feeling, the exact same thing just happened to me at the auto run section of helms deep I didn't realize i would have to jump to get the minikit box and went right underneath it ohwell time to go back and get it I suppose

Thanks XxLil Raver xX for the avatar and sig!
Cilisien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:21 PM   #3
Restricted-Access

Darth Pinhead's Gamercard
I don't think ANY game created doesn't have a part of the game that everyone doesn't just hate (except maybe "Avatar - The Last Airbender: The Burning Earth" - which doesn't last long enough to annoy anyone, if you quit after getting all 1000gs... then again, it DOES have the most annoying game title).

Yes, I hate the auto-run parts... VERY annoying!
Restricted-Access is offline   Reply With Quote