Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Dead Space
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-04-2013, 03:55 AM   #1
Durrsaster

Durrsaster's Gamercard
Dead space One Gun and Impossible difficulty

Do you guys recommend getting the two achievements stated in the title at the same time or doing two separate play throughs? I heard that ammo conservation is a big thing and thus would it not be better to only use the plasma cutter?
Durrsaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:05 AM   #2
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
To upgrade everything, you must play multiple times anyways. Stack the one gun with one of those to make it much easier.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:13 AM   #3
diesel98a

diesel98a's Gamercard
i am doing my one gun run through on normal, save insane for later.......
diesel98a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:50 AM   #4
I JUST D0 WORK

GriZzly GRiP's Gamercard
I would also Reccomemd doing one gun on a lower difficulty. I used the plans cutter and force gun on my impossible play through
I JUST D0 WORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #5
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm doing them together because the Plasma Cutter in my opinion is one of the better guns when leveled up. Just make sure you aim for their lims.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #6
Clowhagen

Send a message via MSN to Clowhagen Send a message via Skype™ to Clowhagen

Clowhagen's Gamercard
I agree with Habs ^. I'm going threw on impossible right now and I've only been using the plasma cutter. So long as you aim for limbs it works wonders. It'll work even better for you if you aim for the same side of the body (Example: Take off both the arm and leg on the left side of the body and they will die).
Old 04-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #7
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrsaster View Post
Do you guys recommend getting the two achievements stated in the title at the same time or doing two separate play throughs? I heard that ammo conservation is a big thing and thus would it not be better to only use the plasma cutter?
Knock out 2 birds with 1 stone. The Plasma Cutter's the best gun in the game by far. Especially if you can get it upgraded. Also take advantage of some exploits such as the Peng duplication and infinite credits glitch.

Proudest Completions:
Call of Duty 2
Transformers: WFC
Crackdown 2

"He's not just a regular moron. He is the product of the greatest minds of a generation coming together for the express purpose of creating the dumbest moron that ever existed. And you just put him in charge of the entire facility." - Portal 2.

I agree with Buzz, post count is everything. Seeing that number go up every time I post makes me tingle inside.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #8
One Winged Joker

DarkSephiroth93's Gamercard
I loved the game, so I made it last as long as I could, and I did them on separate runs. I also wanted to enjoy Impossible Mode with all the arsenal at my disposal, and I really did. It wasn't easy, nor desperating.

One Winged Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #9
Ninja Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Joker View Post
I loved the game, so I made it last as long as I could, and I did them on separate runs. I also wanted to enjoy Impossible Mode with all the arsenal at my disposal, and I really did. It wasn't easy, nor desperating.
I was tempted to do that, but I just found most of the guns to be complete shit (looking at you Flamethrower) so I just decided that an extra playthrough for 40G would be a waste of time.

Proudest Completions:
Call of Duty 2
Crackdown 2

"He's not just a regular moron. He is the product of the greatest minds of a generation coming together for the express purpose of creating the dumbest moron that ever existed. And you just put him in charge of the entire facility." - Portal 2.

I agree with Buzz, post count is everything. Seeing that number go up every time I post makes me tingle inside.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #10
One Winged Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Eagle View Post
I was tempted to do that, but I just found most of the guns to be complete shit (looking at you Flamethrower) so I just decided that an extra playthrough for 40G would be a waste of time.
Yeah, some of them were rubbish indeed. I usually went with the plasma cutter, that sort of assault rifle, the chainsaw thing and that big piece of junk that shot wide beams. I can't remember how useful they actually were, but I do remember it was some funny, bloody, severed-limbs-everywhere party.

It depends on how badly you want to enlarge the experience. I knew I was close to an end when I realized there were only two achievements left, so I did it that way. And after going through both runs, I still recommend it to everyone who really likes the game and has the time.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #11
Ninja Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Joker View Post
Yeah, some of them were rubbish indeed. I usually went with the plasma cutter, that sort of assault rifle, the chainsaw thing and that big piece of junk that shot wide beams. I can't remember how useful they actually were, but I do remember it was some funny, bloody, severed-limbs-everywhere party.

It depends on how badly you want to enlarge the experience. I knew I was close to an end when I realized there were only two achievements left, so I did it that way. And after going through both runs, I still recommend it to everyone who really likes the game and has the time.
As much as I loved the game, I was completely ready to move on. Two playthroughs was definitely enough. I heard in Dead Space 2 the hardest difficulty only allows 3 checkpoints. I'm not looking forward to it at all!

Proudest Completions:
Call of Duty 2
Crackdown 2

Old 04-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #12
One Winged Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Eagle View Post
As much as I loved the game, I was completely ready to move on. Two playthroughs was definitely enough. I heard in Dead Space 2 the hardest difficulty only allows 3 checkpoints. I'm not looking forward to it at all!
Dead Space 2 was fine, but I didn't enjoy it half as much as I enjoyed Dead Space. And yes, that's the achievement. Sure it's challenging, but I found it absurd and desperating rather than funny. It's the only achievement I didn't get, I believe.

As I said, it depends on how much time you want to spend. Well, and as for the "hard" option, it also depends a bit on your own skills. So Durrsaster, it's up to you. Both ways are completely doable.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #13
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Im doing my one gun playthrough on easy, just to make it a lot easier.
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #14
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Depends on if you have already played the game.

First time playing go through on normal upgrading your suit and weapons especially the plasma cutter ad get one gun on a normal difficulty. next play through use plasma cutter and another weapon of your choice to do impossible on.

Or to make it easier do both at the same time the plasma cutter is the best weapon in the game anyway.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:42 AM   #15
GamerPerfection

GamerPerfection's Gamercard
I found this game very hard, but maybe I gave up too soon. But the bit I got to was I was in a room, like a laboratory or something and then I was sealed in and had to fight and kill a certain number before the door opened. Well my problem was that I had so little ammo that I didn't have enough to really do anything.

Only option I had was to keep going and get annoyed not getting anywhere, start again or give up. It's only one of two games i've ever given up on.

GamerPerfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #16
1001puppys
Dream Until Dawn ♥

Send a message via Skype™ to 1001puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Subscriber - Gold   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Community Gaming - Bronze   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
A little late to the thread, but I would not recommend doing both on the same profile. Impossible is very difficult, and I found myself using three different guns (force gun and line gun occassionally) and I still struggled.

[Click Here for my Top 20 Games of the 7th Gen!]

I finally have each unique weapon and shield in Dark Souls II! -----> [Weapon/Shield Album]
1001puppys is offline   Reply With Quote