PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-16-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
HorrorMonger

HorrorMonger's Gamercard
Exclamation I can't interact with the Forge, grind table, alchemy, etc

Sorry if this is listed somewhere else. I checked a bunch of posts but found nothing.

What happened:
I went to Falkreath to use the blacksmith forge. When I attempted to interact, my character stepped up to it in third person and put his hands out as if he was going to use it, but then stood back and moved away from the forge. I tried it again and got the same results.

I then tried using the work bench, the grind table and the tanning sheet with the same end result. I walked around the corner to the potions shop and tried to use the alchemy table and the same thing happened.

I reverted to an autosave from some time before hand, returned Falkreath and experienced the same issues. Then I uninstalled the game (leaving it that way) and started it back up with the same issue. So I can no longer use any of the tables to work on my items.

Has anybody else experienced this? I'm afraid I might have to start an entirely new playthrough after putting 40+ on this one.
HorrorMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:49 PM   #2
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Check other old saves. If its happens in all try reseting the cache.
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:15 AM   #3
HorrorMonger

HorrorMonger's Gamercard
Thanks for the reply. I reverted to many old saves and they each had the same problem. And it continued even after emptying my cache.

If anyone else has had the issue or has any more suggestions, please let me know!
HorrorMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:01 AM   #4
EvlPnut

EvilPeanut's Gamercard
Skyrim cant interact with forge etc

I had the same problem, I tried reloading all my saves, with 1 save from about 10 gameplay hrs back and same thing.

I seemed to have fixed the problem by deleting the Installed game from the HD and clearing my cache. Tried all my saves again and they now all work.

Last edited by EvlPnut; 11-20-2011 at 03:03 AM.
EvlPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:47 AM   #5
Rojen

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvlPnut View Post
I had the same problem, I tried reloading all my saves, with 1 save from about 10 gameplay hrs back and same thing.

I seemed to have fixed the problem by deleting the Installed game from the HD and clearing my cache. Tried all my saves again and they now all work.
Same problem.
If I clear my cache using steam, and unistall reinstall, will my chars be gone?
Rojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #6
cloud72

cloud72's Gamercard
i had the same problem 60 hours into the game, nothing i tried fixed it.
after looking online i found a solution that worked for me and hopefully for others:

as i was already in whiterun (not sure if it HAS to be here) i went to the blacksmiths and waited for someone to start using something (in my case the tanning rack), i unsheathed my weapon and tried to use the tanning rack. the game tells me i cant use it because someone else is using it, i then put my weapon away and tried the forge and bam i can start using the tables/forge/etc again
Old 02-03-2012, 01:34 AM   #7
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I've never had any trouble with the forge, smelter or work bench, so I feel for the ones who are having this happen. I wish I knew what could fix this. Sorry.

As for someone using the forge or bench and it saying it was being used, I never took my weapon out but they did move out of the way so I could use it. I don't know why they moved but they did.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #8
Helpfull hand

I had the same problem as you do/did so I just used a shout like the one that makes you kinda teleport a short distance( sorry not at the game right now) and then the guard came and told me to stop. So I told him to screw off left the conversation and I let me use it (also try sneaking after your done talking to guard) hope this help
Helpfull hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:52 AM   #9
The Dard

The Dard's Gamercard
I was in Riverwood when that happened to me. I just hashed my shield into the workbench and pressed A and it activated. I tried the forge and grindstone, they worked.
The Dard is offline   Reply With Quote