Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Tournaments
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
July Staff/Subscriber Genre Tournament - Sign Up Thread

To celebrate the recently introduced Genre Leaderboards, the July Staff/Subscriber tournament will focus on earning the most gamerscore in a random genre each week.

Sign-ups begin today and will close on June 27th. Teams of two will be assigned by Creech on or before June 29th (note that you are not permitted to pick your teammate.) If an odd # of players sign up, the solo player left with no teammate can choose to go solo, bow gracefully out, or be handicapped by having Creech as a largely unproductive partner.

The contest period will run for six weeks, starting on June 30th at 12:00am PT and end on August 10th at 11:59pm PT.

The genre will be announced on Saturday mornings courtesy of our good friends at random.org, with the first genre announced on June 29th. No genres will be repeated during the contest. For the next calendar week, Sunday through Saturday, all gamerscore accumulated in the genre of the week earned by a team is added together to create a Team Score. Points will be assigned to each team by rank, with the lowest scoring team earning 1 point, the 2nd lowest earning 2 points, on up to the top scoring team who will earn as many points as there are teams.

Gamerscore earned must be reported with links to xbox.com in the scoring thread no later than noon on the Sunday immediately following the competition week.

The winner of the competition is the team that earns the most points across the six week period of the contest.

Eligibility:

• To participate in the competition, you must be a staff member or subscriber as of June 16th and maintain that status throughout the competition period.
  • If you have been a subscriber for less than 3 months, you must have a gamerscore of at least 50,000 to participate.
  • Respond in the sign up thread indicating your interest.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.

Last edited by Creech; 06-25-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
HadMatters13
Mod/Maximum Clubs' Jester

Send a message via Skype™ to HadMatters13

Madhatters13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Madhatters13   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I'll gladly be the first to write my name upon the scroll of participation.

GT - Madhatters13

~ Thanks to troy for the innocent looking hamster! ~
~ Feelings grow into hopes || Ready for Persona 5 and Dreamfall Chapters! ~
~ Swashbucklin' Diplomas for all || Xbox One Points Breakdown || Tales from the Jester's tower ~
Old 06-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
Obsolete XBA
Master of Bacon (the cat)

Send a message via MSN to Obsolete XBA Send a message via Skype™ to Obsolete XBA

Obsolete XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 3   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Sign me up!

GT: Obsolete x360a
Old 06-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
Capn Doug
Graphics Team

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
Bring it.

Capn Doug x360a
Old 06-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Gt: YUNDERSTAND
Old 06-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #6
Corrupt.
Car of the Year

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 46 (more» ...)
GT: Corrupt x360a

Good luck if you get me

Currently Working on: TY The Tasmanian Tiger (W8)
Old 06-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #7
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Subscriber - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Been looking forward to this
Sign me up please Delta3519

Don't use ad blockers on this site please
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a
The fact that the ad doesn't load means it's counter doesn't progress. No hit counter progression = no money.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #8
AOS Puck

AOS Puck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   2,500 Posts   Staff/Subscriber Last Man Standing - Third Place   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Count me in.

AOS Puck

Read them.... apply them.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #9
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
An excuse to handle my backlog. Count me in.

GT: TheStayonTarget

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 06-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #10
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Mister Dak
Old 06-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #11
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I can see myself getting screwed on a few categories but sure why not.

Veedrock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #12
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

TemporalWizard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze
I'm in!

TemporalWizard
Old 06-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #13
Hayden

Send a message via MSN to Hayden

Hayden x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Hayden   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   Donator - Level 2   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   Member of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
GT - Hayden x360a
Old 06-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #14
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Well I'm in.

GT: B A R 4 D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #15
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Ah screw it! COME AT ME BRO! (you can imagine that being muffled, as per Kenny on the left).

GT: TVthePunisher
Old 06-21-2013, 12:50 AM   #16
Sprinkles
Subscribing Member

Sprinkles x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Genre Competition - First Place   Donator - Level 5   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Count me in

GT: Sprinkles x360a
Old 06-21-2013, 12:57 AM   #17
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Yeah sure. Sounds great.

GT: Aceman417
Old 06-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #18
Seany Show

Seany Sh0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 3   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Cheers to Doug for the message sending me this way. I'm in.

GT: Seany Sh0w

GSL 12 starting gamerscore 377,387
Old 06-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #19
FabledGamerHero

FabledGamerHero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff/Subscriber Last Man Standing - First Place   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I would like to sign up, but not sure if I would be much help as I mostly have just arcade games other than that I rent from Gamefly.

GT: FabledGamerHero

Retail Games Completed: 22/28
Most Recent: Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
Arcade Games Completed: 48/52
Most Recent: Magic: The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013

Last edited by FabledGamerHero; 06-22-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #20
Unbrokensoul
1.21 gigawatts!

unbrokensoul's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Sure why not.

GT: unbrokensoul

Old 06-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #21
Judge Bergan
The Judge

Judge Bergan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Green Thumb - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I'm in.

GT: Judge Bergan

Microsoft Xbox MVP 2014

Xbox Ambassador - Level 14
Writer for Xboxgamer.me
Old 06-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #22
Mahtan Tinuviél

Mahtan Tinuviel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I´ve always wanted to participate in one of this...
Will be traveling a lot but I believe I can help out my teamate (whomever it will be)

Sing me up:

GT: Mahtan Tinuviel

Thanks for Rajeanero for the signature!!

100% Retail: 28 - Latest : Borderlands
100% Arcade: 1 - Latest : Shoot Many Robots

Latest Milestone:
40.000 - 28/09/2013; Playing XCOM: EU.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #23
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I'm up for it hopefully it will tear me away from Trouble in Terrorist Town for a while.

GT: D Mob x360a
Old 06-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #24
stophj

StophJ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Third Place   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I will likely be a terrible and unreliable teammate but this could be fun...

I don't remember my gamertag... I think it might say it over there <--- or something...

I would be honored to be teamed with Mr. Creech as the odd man out if someone needs to be.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #25
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
fuck it, i'm in. i know i'll regret not joining again, especially if some good genres come up for me.

GT: Scotty x360a