PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
 
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > DmC: Devil May Cry
Subscribe    Donate
DmC: Devil May Cry
Quick links
Latest news
Aug 18, 2014 Razer is Ninja Theory's 'Massively Co-Op' Sci-Fi Game That Got Cancelled
Jul 11, 2013 Is Ninja Theory Teasing a New Next-Gen Title in This Video?
Jul 09, 2013 Ninja Theory Hiring For New AAA Console Title
May 08, 2013 Capcom's Profits Take a Downturn Despite Strong Performances From Resident Evil 6, DmC and Dragon's Dogma
Mar 08, 2013 X360A Review: DmC: Vergil's Downfall DLC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
Birth Mark
 
Birth Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 192

Gamertag: Atrolity
Tip for everything

I figured this out a while ago, but was too lazy to post it.
Only enemies that you see on your screen will attack you, or an enemy you looked at who has started an attack. When a group of demons pop up and you need help, turn around and look at the corner, no one will attack you until you are able to see them on your camera. This is useful for clearing out tons of enemies.
P.S. I think this just may be a Capcom thing, works in RE6 in most cases as well.
Birth Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
Dico
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 158

Gamertag: Deeeco
You, my friend, are a genius.
Dico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #3
bryson 06
 
bryson 06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 132

Gamertag: bryson 06
Works even on harder difficulties. Took me a minute to realize what you were saying (my own studpity). This is GOLD for fighting mobs of higher level enemies.
__________________


Friend Requests without a message, will be ignored.
bryson 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:53 PM   #4
SLEEPYvsPSYCHO
 
SLEEPYvsPSYCHO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 260

Gamertag: WCC SLEEPY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dico View Post
You, my friend, are a genius.
^This! x 1000!
__________________
GEARS OF WAR VETERAN
GOW 1, 2, 3, J
Achievements completed: 99%
SLEEPYvsPSYCHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:29 PM   #5
Dirty130
 
Dirty130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia.
Posts: 9,325

Gamertag: DirtyI30

Awards Showcase BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Community Gaming - Platinum   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff Club - Minty   5,000 Posts   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I thought all DMC games had that feature? Ever since the original.
__________________
Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:32 PM   #6
Dante XBA
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Salisbury, Maryland
Posts: 4,346

Gamertag: Dante Kasai

Awards Showcase XBA Blood Donor   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Guide Writers Guild   Titanfall PvP Tournament - 3rd Place   2,500 Posts   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Community Gaming - Bronze
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
I thought all DMC games had that feature? Ever since the original.
I'm not sure about the OG Devil May Cry, but the sequels definitely had this. It's built this way so an enemy that can, say, shoot lightning bolts can't one shot you across the area without you even seeing where he is.

I don't think DMC 1 did, though, because the Phantoms could do their jumping knife attack from behind you, which has led to a couple of deaths.
Dante XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:19 PM   #7
Dirty130
 
Dirty130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia.
Posts: 9,325

Gamertag: DirtyI30

Awards Showcase BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Community Gaming - Platinum   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff Club - Minty   5,000 Posts   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Kasai View Post
I'm not sure about the OG Devil May Cry, but the sequels definitely had this. It's built this way so an enemy that can, say, shoot lightning bolts can't one shot you across the area without you even seeing where he is.

I don't think DMC 1 did, though, because the Phantoms could do their jumping knife attack from behind you, which has led to a couple of deaths.
See, thinking back. I thought the shotgun puppets wouldn't fire at you if they were off screen. Just can't remember clearly.. Same with blade puppets from what I remember. They would never throw their blades at you when off screen. Hmmm..
__________________
Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:31 PM   #8
Lewie B I ReQ
 
Lewie B I ReQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,125

Gamertag: Lewie B I ReQ

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
See, thinking back. I thought the shotgun puppets wouldn't fire at you if they were off screen. Just can't remember clearly.. Same with blade puppets from what I remember. They would never throw their blades at you when off screen. Hmmm..
yeah they defo try to fire it off screen i remember the noise they make when they are going for it lol.

bayonetta also has this exploit
__________________

credit and thanks to Slaughter for the avatar and sig. check him out if your looking for a signature
Lewie B I ReQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:37 PM   #9
Dirty130
 
Dirty130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia.
Posts: 9,325

Gamertag: DirtyI30

Awards Showcase BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Community Gaming - Platinum   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff Club - Minty   5,000 Posts   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewie B I ReQ View Post
yeah they defo try to fire it off screen i remember the noise they make when they are going for it lol.
You're right! Thanks for jogging my memory! I remember the blade puppets would 'wind up' off screen and you had to listen for the sound effect. While vague, such good memories of the first game. Haven't played it since it released on PS2..
__________________
Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:03 AM   #10
Lewie B I ReQ
 
Lewie B I ReQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,125

Gamertag: Lewie B I ReQ

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
You're right! Thanks for jogging my memory! I remember the blade puppets would 'wind up' off screen and you had to listen for the sound effect. While vague, such good memories of the first game. Haven't played it since it released on PS2..
yh man haha i remember that sound effect.
should try the hd collection well worth revisiting the old dmc games....except 2 i dont like dmc 2
__________________

credit and thanks to Slaughter for the avatar and sig. check him out if your looking for a signature
Lewie B I ReQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:33 AM   #11
Dirty130
 
Dirty130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia.
Posts: 9,325

Gamertag: DirtyI30

Awards Showcase BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Community Gaming - Platinum   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff Club - Minty   5,000 Posts   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewie B I ReQ View Post
yh man haha i remember that sound effect.
should try the hd collection well worth revisiting the old dmc games....except 2 i dont like dmc 2
I'm sorry. DMC 2? Never heard of it.
__________________
Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:16 PM.