PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Lord of the Rings
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
MsBehavin

MsKD666's Gamercard
Getting to Elrond 3rd age/character swap problem

I'm trying to get to Elrond (Third Age) in Rivendell. I've got up to the hobbit hole which has two leaves at the opening, using Legolas. How do I get a hobbit up there to go through it? If I select one of the hobbits it just jumps to one of them at the bottom of that area, rather than change Legolas to Hobbit.
MsBehavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
DJ RJester

DJ RJester's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBehavin View Post
I'm trying to get to Elrond (Third Age) in Rivendell. I've got up to the hobbit hole which has two leaves at the opening, using Legolas. How do I get a hobbit up there to go through it? If I select one of the hobbits it just jumps to one of them at the bottom of that area, rather than change Legolas to Hobbit.
You could change Legolas to either Gimli or Gollum and it shouldn't swap to your other character. It can be quite annoying if you forget after you've climbed up high somewhere (like isengard tower) only to choose a hobbit by mistake and it switches to your character on the floor and by the time you have changed back to the other character he has jumped back down to the floor.

Thanks to KillerBEA for this awesome signature

Gamertag = DJ RJester
Please don't send random friend requests without a message.

Game Completion Percentage, only 83.14% 15/04/13.
Game Completion Percentage now at target of 90% 13/09/14

100% Completions on all Xbox One Games & apps
DJ RJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
MsBehavin

MsKD666's Gamercard
That's the problem, only Legolas can use the arrow slots he's fired arrows into, to get up there. The hobbits or Gimli can't grab onto them to get up there and I can't find any other way up.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
Ceromorth

Ceromorth's Gamercard
I had the same problem with when trying to change legolas to a dwark but I changed to Gollum and got through ok

FYI Any character can use poles if they are wearing the mithril gloves (well except Gollum who is inept with item use lol) so you would get a hobbit up they by that method
Ceromorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #5
nobbylou

nobbylou's Gamercard
The way I did it was plug a second controller in and made sure I didn't pick the same hobbit as the 2nd player
nobbylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:32 AM   #6
MsBehavin

MsKD666's Gamercard
I'm guessing it's because you can't free play in middle earth until you complete all the chapters, which I just found out.
But if I had the gloves, as suggested above, I'd try that.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #7
WooliestRaptor

Wooliest Raptor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBehavin View Post
I'm guessing it's because you can't free play in middle earth until you complete all the chapters, which I just found out.
Correct, you can't switch between the full character list until after you have beaten Story Mode. What's the rush to try and unlock things before beating the story line anyway? Half of the things are blocked by things you can't open until near the end anyway.

Last edited by WooliestRaptor; 06-24-2013 at 05:17 PM.
WooliestRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote