PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Army of Two: The 40th Day
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
Slaughter.
GIT GUD

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Is it worth buying?

I was either going to buy this or wait for the sequel that's coming out?

Most recent completion - Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #2
adammcd09

Send a message via MSN to adammcd09 Send a message via Skype™ to adammcd09

LulzYouMad's Gamercard
I bought 2 copies of it. One for my brother and one for me. It's good fun we played through the first one yesterday split screen (servers shut down). If you have someone to play it with then yeah go for it. If you want to 100% it then don't because they have removed the mask creator making it unobtainable. There's a forum post from 2012 with 10 pages of complaints on ea forums and nothing is being done (they know about it though because an EA guy posted saying they were "looking into it" in 2012)

So yeah if you want a cheap fun co-op game to ahead. If you want it to add to completed games then avoid it.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:57 AM   #3
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This iis a great co-op game and SP too but to me, the first one was better. And from what little I've seen on the next one, it looks good too. I'd rent this one and decide if it's worth buying. I bought I and sold it but kept the first one.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:56 AM   #4
II Mortis II

Mortis x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Just bought this myself and I'm enjoying it a lot. I was annoyed that you can't create your own custom masks because of the fact the website has been turned into an 'Army of Two: Devil's Cartel' promotional site, but that's typical EA bull which is to be expected.
That being said, the amount of weapon attachments and weapon style options sort of makes up for the lack of custom masks.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:00 AM   #5
Mr Cogfather

Mr Cogfather's Gamercard
Yes, buy it because it makes a great co-op game but I wouldn't pay over 40 dollars for it although it is a very fun active co-op game.
Mr Cogfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #6
PyschoJ2456

PyschoJ2456's Gamercard
is it single player also, or only co-op
PyschoJ2456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #7
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyschoJ2456 View Post
is it single player also, or only co-op
Either/or. You can play it by yourself with an AI co-op partner (technically it's single player since you are playing by yourself) or play it with another human player. But there are always two players regardless. It depends on if you want to play with the AI or another human.

My definition of "single player' might differ from others, but I define it as playing a game on your own with no other human interaction. As soon as you add a second human, that makes it "multiplayer", whether it's competitive online or co-op.

You sure you want to play this? You *claim* that the Devil's Cartel demo sucked (well, it is only a demo after all and not a true representation of the final game) and this one came out 3 years ago, so how can it be better?

I personally liked both of them and am looking forward to this one. We didn't get into the games and see all the flaws everyone else is seeing (and if we did, we just ignored them or worked around them). I just played both campaigns split-screen at a friend's house. We enjoyed them. Certainly better than the two POS Kane & Lynch games.

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 03-14-2013 at 09:10 PM.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #8
MattDares

Matt Dares's Gamercard
Buy it its really fun if you play with a friend.
MattDares is offline   Reply With Quote