PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #31
phot0Harv

phot0harv's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSTNAMOD View Post
And I've played them all too bad it has Crappy camera Restricted movements
You Sir, are wrong.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:10 PM   #32
metallicoholic

Metallicoholic's Gamercard
Every game has a forum and on that forum is the title "worst game ever." It's hard to really take this kind of post seriously. However, I did finally manage to play the game and I have to agree that the camera and restricted movements are a real issue. In fact, I think all Spider-Man games have the same camera issue and frankly I think I'm done with Spider-Man games after this one.

I haven't played all the Spider-Man games but for me Web of Shadows was one of the worst. I couldn't even finish the first act. I got to the part where you had to destroy those things on the side of the library and I couldn't crawl to them for the life of me. The camera and controls for web crawling in that game were pitiful.

I just finished the first act of this game and I'm not in any hurry to go back. Frankly I think the Noir sections are the best since they require much slower movements. It's when things get fast and frantic that the game really shows its setbacks. Those 2099 sections are ridiculous. There's just so much going on that I have no time for strategy. At least with the Noir levels you get to think about your next move.
metallicoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:11 AM   #33
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I'm just about done act 2 and I can honestly say this game is awesome. I barely notice the camera issue.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #34
MoldyClay87

Send a message via AIM to MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
I know I'm late to the party, but I got this for Christmas (and started playing this week, after playing Arkham City) and I love the game.

Sounds like trolling, or expectations set way too high.

The camera is a problem when wall crawling, and that's annoying, but that's legitimately the only problem I've had (aside from some glitches where I got stuck in a room I wasn't supposed to be in, and got an enemy stuck outside of a room, but I found those funny).

I think the LOL CLOSE-UP, FIRST PERSON PUNCHING segments are retarded, but otherwise, I love the game (still have to do Dr. Octopus, Goblin and Mysterio and side stuff).

100% Retail: 21/78 ; 100% Arcade: 46/87
Most Recent: Clive Barker's Jericho ; Contrast
MoldyClay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #35
Aidexx

Aidexx's Gamercard
I'm not a Spiderman fan myself, but I still enjoyed this game a lot, so I cannot understand how this could the worst Spiderman game. It almost gave me an urge to read the comics and watch the movies...almost... The mixing of different Spidermans works and I classify this as one of the best superhero games of all time. It's not Arkham Asylum/City, but still worth checking out.
Aidexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:14 AM   #36
Jabbawocky

Jabbawocky2004's Gamercard
Not the best Spidey game I've ever played, but not the worst either. I don't like it as much as any of the sandbox games but this is the best of the linear beat 'em ups with Spider-Man.

Jabbawocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #37
TTD187

TTD187's Gamercard
There's always one :P
This game was what brought me back from a bad streak of renting games. Resident Evil: ORC, Modern Warfare 3, LA Noire and Dead Island - All games I got extremely pissed off with due to their crappy gameplay or story.
This game, although doesn't have a free-roam option (Something I look for in every Spider-Man game) is almost perfect! I do agree with the crappy crawling camera, but that's one fault! The game is amazing! I love leveling up, the comedy and the action! There were times when I felt the game was getting annoying, but that's because I hadn't leveled up my abilities enough and jumped straight into the Normal difficulty setting (Not a very good gamer), but I got through it in the end and really enjoyed it.

Of all games I've rented, this is one I wish to buy!

To all of you but Battlefield 3: F*** off!
TTD187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:14 AM   #38
Celtic112685

dhouse1985's Gamercard
Really disappointed in this one. And the camera is HORRENDOUS!
Celtic112685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:55 AM   #39
xxFlAwLeSs1xx

xxFlAwLeSs13xx's Gamercard
Honestly, I think the people popping into this thread with a negative opinion on the game are venting from having a bad gaming night. I did this with Darksiders while fighting that damn spider Silithia. Take a deep breath, walk away for a little bit and try again later. Always works for me.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #40
xbox9427

ObiWanChihuahua's Gamercard
WOW! How can some of you hate the game so much? Yeah, the camera was bad, but the game was enjoyable. Learn to lighten up!
xbox9427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #41
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Someone said on the previous page how it can be very difficult to capture Spiderman's movements on a video game and I agree. The camera in this game could be improved, but it isn't the worst thing in the entire world. I have played a few chapters in this game and I didn't think the camera was THAT bad..
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:25 AM   #42
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This game sucked,no free roaming,story was a joke. I loved Spiderman 1 on PS1 and 2 on Xbox/Ps2. Those had free roaming. 3 sucked. It just felt like a different game,the weird graphics. The horrendous bugs. Worst 30$ I'd spent in awhile back in Christmas 2010.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:14 AM   #43
mercyforme

mercyforme's Gamercard
I've loved Spiderman for a long time so it's hard for me to say anything bad. The game was great once I got over the whole "swinging from nothing" thing.
mercyforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:59 AM   #44
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyforme View Post
I've loved Spiderman for a long time so it's hard for me to say anything bad. The game was great once I got over the whole "swinging from nothing" thing.
Spiderman is my favorite comic hero,I dislike this game because it looked cool,but the final product was disapointing.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #45
LordFGPorter

Francis Porter's Gamercard
is it me or does everything you do seem to happen 2 seconds later?
LordFGPorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #46
LordFGPorter

Francis Porter's Gamercard
Oh and Spiderman 2 on Playstation 2 was DEFINITELY the best Spider-Man game
LordFGPorter is offline   Reply With Quote