PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Tournaments
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 03:26 AM   #121
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I feel like I've been lacking too .__. I got obsessed with completing Super Meat Boy, which I started before the Tournament began...and I finally 200G'd it last night. Today, I found out the first Issue of the Dexter comic series released so I went and bought that, spent the past few hours editing the Wiki I administer with the data I got from it.

>_> I'm hesitant to start Halo Wars because I don't want a massive grind after the next genre begins...and I'm not sure how many achievements I can get ASAP in a short amount of time there.

Edit: SORRY JAMIE! >__<

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #122
stophj

StophJ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Third Place   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
For week 1, Team J and Team OG seem to be the people to beat...so far.

Team OG will only get stronger with more open genres! I need 10,000 points in a hurry
Old 07-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #123
Unbrokensoul
1.21 gigawatts!

unbrokensoul's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Finally I beat worms. Pain in the A**!

Old 07-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #124
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

TemporalWizard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
So after looking at the list I'm curious. Why is the first Angry Birds considered strategy, but not the rest?
Old 07-05-2013, 12:15 AM   #125
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemporalWizard View Post
So after looking at the list I'm curious. Why is the first Angry Birds considered strategy, but not the rest?
I was wondering this too. Not that I'd mess with it...I'm a completionist and I don't really like Angry Birds that much, so I wouldn't enjoy going through a lot of shit just to get it completed.

Defense Grid is kind of pissing me off now...apparently there was an update that raised the point values on some levels, for example the third one. Originally it was 32K for Gold, now it's 56K. I kept ending up short multiple times until I found a video with a method that actually worked. Unfortunately, the PC has a trick that lets you start the waves WITHOUT setting a tower...which gave him more Resources in interest buildup. Thus, his score was roughly 80 or so higher than my own. But I still cleared the damn thing.

Quote:
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:48 AM   #126
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemporalWizard View Post
They all should be identical in their grouping. Note that I actually brought up in this thread if they should be strategy or not, but for now I will at least make them all match (i.e. all strategy).

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:15 AM   #127
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 47 (more» ...)
Quote:
They all should be identical in their grouping. Note that I actually brought up in this thread if they should be strategy or not, but for now I will at least make them all match (i.e. all strategy).
I call shenanigans. Changing genres mid week is showing clear favouritism. And after those "favours" you demanded during PAX, that favouritism should benefit me!

On the plus side, I can buy things on my Windows Phone again, so fear me.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:31 AM   #128
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Shot in the dark, but anybody wanna boost some Bomberman Act Zero?

Quote:
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #129
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Less than 48 hours to go folks!

Remember that strategy points stop counting at midnight PT on Saturday. I will post the next genre tomorrow morning, but points in the new gamerscore don't start counting until Sunday at 12:01am.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #130
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Less than 48 hours to go folks!

Remember that strategy points stop counting at midnight PT on Saturday. I will post the next genre tomorrow morning, but points in the new gamerscore don't start counting until Sunday at 12:01am.
Ya'll better watch out now, 3 day weekend for me, you're all fucked!!!

*Disclaimer. i've been at it for about 4 hours now and got 25. There is nothing for you to watch out for, really, i'm just hyped
Old 07-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #131
Corrupt.
Lapsed Completionist

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
So when is that in gmt?
Old 07-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #132
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
So when is that in gmt?
Sunday morning, 8am.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #133
stophj

StophJ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Third Place   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I managed to get 70 points at work today... Woohoo... I don't know who's winning but I'm doing better than I thought I would.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:01 AM   #134
Corrupt.
Lapsed Completionist

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7
Sorry to be "that guy", but scoring stops at 8am gmt Sunday?
Old 07-06-2013, 01:19 AM   #135
TVthePunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
Sorry to be "that guy", but scoring stops at 8am gmt Sunday?
I'd imagine since Creech will announce this upcoming week's genre tomorrow, that the after 8am gmt Sunday the previous genre's achievements won't be counted in the tournament, only achievements earned in the genre that becomes effective at 8am.

Basically...insert disc 2.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2013, 03:44 AM   #136
Unbrokensoul
1.21 gigawatts!

unbrokensoul's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Okay cant find anyone on achievement boosting thread for Chaotic... man hope i can find someone by sunday i dont really want to keep this game... just saying.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:54 AM   #137
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbrokensoul View Post
Okay cant find anyone on achievement boosting thread for Chaotic... man hope i can find someone by sunday i dont really want to keep this game... just saying.
i propose a name change. something like ''Unbrokensoul...and the other guy''. Dude's fucking tearing it up. i'm ashamed of my performance in comparison, although strategy is not one of my better genres. for the love of god, please don't pick music.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #138
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
for the love of god, please don't pick music.
I'd love for Music, my motivation to play through my backlog there is less than zero at the moment. Granted next week would be very bad, 6 day work week >_>

While I wouldn't mind something easy like shooters, something tells me that even though I have my own fair share of them to play, everyone else will beast the hell out of it and I'll do super bad by comparison >_<

Quote:
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

Last edited by Veedrock; 07-06-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #139
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
I'd love for Music, my motivation to play through my backlog there is less than zero at the moment. Granted next week would be very bad, 6 day work week >_>

While I wouldn't mind something easy like shooters, something tells me that even though I have my own fair share of them to play, everyone else will beast the hell out of it and I'll do super bad by comparison >_<
i would get 0 with music. i don't own any and have no intention of getting any music games.

as for shooters, i think it's likely a lot of peoples strong point, so everyone would do well, and the person with the most downtime would probably do best.

i don't think i have a genre where i'm confident i would do best.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #140
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
If music comes out, this will be two failed weeks for me in a row. Finger crossed we get something like shooter so everyone can go berserk this early in the tournament.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #141
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

I think that people will mostly be happy with random.org today. Certainly there is a much larger selection to choose from than there was in the Strategy genre.

Without further ado, our good friends at random.org picked 13, so starting at 12:01 am on Sunday (Pacific Time), the genre of the week is Sports and Fitness. I am already having visuals of Capn Doug doing his wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle BOOM! routine...oh, dear god, make it stop!

Remember that Strategy is still the genre through the end of Saturday!

Final reminder since I will be calculating scores on Sunday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoring thread
Have your teammate check your links! If your submitted links are not properly formatted, you will get one free pass. After that, subsequent weeks will NOT be scored and you will likely lose the tournament.

Last edited by Creech; 07-06-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #142
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
I think that people will mostly be happy with random.org today. Certainly there is a much larger selection to choose from than there was in the Strategy genre.

Without further ado, our good friends at random.org picked 13, so starting at 12:01 am on Sunday (Pacific Time), the genre of the week is Sports and Fitness. I am already having visuals of Capn Doug doing his wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle BOOM! routine...oh, dear god, make it stop!

Remember that Strategy is still the genre through the end of Saturday!

Final reminder since I will be calculating scores on Sunday.
Ugh! i forgot about sports. looks like another bad week for me.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #143
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Ugh! i forgot about sports. looks like another bad week for me.
Yeah I made a specific point not to mention it before in the off chance I might jynx it, but it came up anyways! I have a feeling this'll be my weakest category overall, I actually did alright with Strategy due to grabbing Bomberman but this is not looking promising; all of my existing games are either mostly done (FIFA Street 3, WWE 08/10, Nascar 09), or will take forever to get anywhere (F1 2010, Wipeout, EA Sports Active 2).

Really the only way I could be competitive this Round would be to go out and buy a bunch of old EA Sports titles, which is an option but honestly I wouldn't be having much fun in the process. My gamercard would also look pretty littered, though I'm generally not one to care about that. Still though, all it took was one good game to keep up during Strategy so that might be all there is to it this week.

Decent excuse to jump on my Kinect though, especially to give Sonic Free Riders another shot after having calibration issues with it before.

Quote:

Old 07-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #144
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
Yeah I made a specific point not to mention it before in the off chance I might jynx it, but it came up anyways! I have a feeling this'll be my weakest category overall, I actually did alright with Strategy due to grabbing Bomberman but this is not looking promising; all of my existing games are either mostly done (FIFA Street 3, WWE 08/10, Nascar 09), or will take forever to get anywhere (F1 2010, Wipeout, EA Sports Active 2).

Really the only way I could be competitive this Round would be to go out and buy a bunch of old EA Sports titles, which is an option but honestly I wouldn't be having much fun in the process. My gamercard would also look pretty littered, though I'm generally not one to care about that. Still though, all it took was one good game to keep up during Strategy so that might be all there is to it this week.

Decent excuse to jump on my Kinect though, especially to give Sonic Free Riders another shot after having calibration issues with it before.
i'm not looking forward to next week. i'm thinking fight night champion and maybe a couple hundred 's for the week if i'm lucky. I did do better than i thought i would with strategy though, even though i did pretty bad.

oh well, off to peruse the sports section...

EDIT: a little bit of a warning to people, racing games are classed as sports games too it seems, so don't stock up on all racing games for this week, just in case we end up getting racing down the line and you have no games left.

Last edited by Scotty; 07-06-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #145
Corrupt.
Lapsed Completionist

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

yay, i get to try my kinect!
Old 07-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #146
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 47 (more» ...)
Oh, nice. Perfect timing for me to go to my mother's. She has so many Kinect fitness games. Plus GRID 2 counts as sports, so I'll get back to 99% completion real quick.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #147
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
So I guess racing games also count within Sports genre?

Old 07-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #148
Judge Bergan
The Judge

Judge Bergan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Green Thumb - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Awesome! I have a TON of sports games in the backlog that I can complete, also some of them are very easy. It should hopefully be a good week for me.

I guess it's a little late to post this about strategy, but I really feel like Monster Island (both the WP and Win8 versions) should be strategy, not action. That game is essentially the same as Fragger and Angry Birds. I think it should be changed, even if it won't apply to this round of the tourney.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...d-w8/overview/

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...land/overview/

Microsoft Xbox MVP 2014

Xbox Ambassador - Level 14
Writer for Xboxgamer.me

Last edited by AOS Puck; 07-06-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #149
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

TemporalWizard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
So I guess racing games also count within Sports genre?
They sure do. Here's the list:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/b...fitness/all/1/
Old 07-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #150
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Bergan View Post
Awesome! I have a TON of sports games in the backlog that I can complete, also some of them are very easy. It should hopefully be a good week for me.

I guess it's a little late to post this about strategy, but I really feel like Monster Island (both the WP and Win8 versions) should be strategy, not action. That game is essentially the same as Fragger and Angry Birds. I think it should be changed, even if it won't apply to this round of the tourney.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...d-w8/overview/

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...land/overview/

There is a thread in the Leaderboards forum where I specifically brought up this point using Monster Island as an example. Of course, I was arguing the other side, that I am not sure they should be strategy at all. I only got one response if you want to chip in...

Closed Thread