PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox 360
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #61
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
I was close to pulling a bean dive.
DO IT!

My stats:
Start completion %: 57.37
End completion %: 54.71
Final dive %: 2.65
Current completion %: 54.72
Recovered completion %: 0.00
Achievements needed for recovery: 602
Total games dived: 40

Your's can't be worse.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #62
EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by otaking live View Post
@Emperordragon. You separate your games from played and unplayed?
I do. Otherwise, it'd be hard to keep track of it all.

By contrast, here's my played shelf (hidden as partially off-topic):
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

And my currently playing shelf (again, hidden for partially off topic):

Man, I should just post all of my stuff in the "Post your setup" thread, but that would mean so much dusting...
Old 07-03-2013, 07:07 AM   #63
EmporerDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post
Edit - and like you said to the guy above me, that picture is not a backlog, that's a collection. There is no way he hasn't played ANY of those games; and I wouldn't believe him if he said he hadn't.
I really haven't. If you look, most are still shrink-wrapped and the ones that aren't are either because they came that way (used titles), or I cracked them open for the Club Nintendo codes to keep my Platinum membership up.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #64
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I take it back after seeing your 'played' shelf.

That is utterly crazy! Can't understand why you wouldn't stop buying new games when you have 100 you've already spent on but haven't played?
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #65
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Quote:
That is utterly crazy! Can't understand why you wouldn't stop buying new games when you have 100 you've already spent on but haven't played?
Try to ask a women why she keeps buying shoes. It's an addiction.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #66
otaking live

Send a message via MSN to otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
Quote:
I take it back after seeing your 'played' shelf.

Collector/sales prices?

otaking live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #67
iHappySlapped

SayYoToPotato's Gamercard
My backlog is going on around 90 or so games, but most of them I've at least had a quick blast on. Problem is, I'm a bit of a hoarder, so if I see a good deal I instantly pick the game up.

Got the entire Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed series to start yet -_-

Stay trigger happy <3

Playing through:
Forza Horizon (360)

iHappySlapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #68
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonThronstahl View Post
DO IT!

My stats:
Start completion %: 57.37
End completion %: 54.71
Final dive %: 2.65
Current completion %: 54.72
Recovered completion %: 0.00
Achievements needed for recovery: 602
Total games dived: 40

Your's can't be worse.
I couldn't bring myself to do it. I had a friend went from like 85% to 60%! he dived about 120 games lol!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: THE CREW

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #69
Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by otaking live View Post
Collector/sales prices?
Even if the prices were cheap, they are still gonna be even cheaper once everything else he owns is played. That's gonna take months.

Can't see the point in having them on the shelf for 6 months to a year unused. Just wait the year till you're ready, then buy them for 50% what they cost a year ago..
Old 07-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #70
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Mine isn't too bad now I've put down the bf3 knife a bit:

Oblivion
Skyrim
Crysis
Currently working through Saints Row The Third
Replays of a couple older games, I actually don't have much on my shelf at the moment. But then there's all the games I simply haven't picked up yet.... Shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
It's not too bad. Granted I never played the game, but I did the same exact achievement in Dishonored and it only took me two days to complete.
Totally doable. Loved the silent run in Deus ex. Just like in Dishonored though it takes some patience and planning. There are some really tricky spots.

EDIT:
Quote:
This was me for ages. old xbox and early on the 360, any time I found a game I was curious about playing for a price I didn't mind paying I'd pick it up.

On the old xbox I moved to the 360 with probably about 30 games never even touched. I don't want to repeat that with the xbone when I finally get one. My slim is damn new too. Want to get my money out of it before moving on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmporerDragon View Post
I do. Otherwise, it'd be hard to keep track of it all.
Even for my tiny collection, I have three piles:
  • Currently playing
  • have not yet played
  • already played waiting to trade in
Technically a fourth: the played and keeping shelf, which has Mass Effect and Halo games on it. Not letting those go any time soon. Everything else gets traded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
I have around 40+ titles and I was close to pulling a bean dive.
Without resorting to urban dictionary, what pray tell, is a bean dive? Like hummus without the lemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
You need to play Lost Odyssey immediately.
Agreed. Go. Now. Play. Love.

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 07-03-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #71
EmporerDragon

Quote:
Can't see the point in having them on the shelf for 6 months to a year unused. Just wait the year till you're ready, then buy them for 50% what they cost a year ago..
Most of what I got in the backlog was years old when I got them anyways so prices were, and still are, pretty stable. Also, a good chunk have even raised in price, like the JRPGs, particularly Fire Emblem.

Also, most have been in there far longer than a year. Note the original Xbox and Gamecube titles in there.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #72
Neme6ben

neme6ben's Gamercard
Bioshock 2
Metal Gear Solid : Peace Walker HD
Fable 3
Old 07-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #73
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Even if the prices were cheap, they are still gonna be even cheaper once everything else he owns is played. That's gonna take months.

Yeah, after seeing his played and unplayed, I find that kinda ridiculous. I'm not aiming to disrespect or diss Emperor, but waiting to buy them until you're ready to play them makes the most logical and financial sense in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Mine isn't too bad now I've put down the bf3 knife a bit:

Oblivion
Skyrim
Crysis
Currently working through Saints Row The Third
I didn't care one bit for Oblivion. Maybe because I played it after Skyrim...but I just ran through the main quest and factions for achievements because I grew bored of it quickly. Again, maybe having played Skyrim first effected that, but Skyrim is alotta fun. Most people say it's overrated, but I put in 300+hours and loved every minute of it.

Crysis 1 was a blast with easy achievements, but it ended very...abruptly. And Saints 3 was a tad bit too crazy for me, but was nonetheless fun. Wish I could get myself to buy the 4th next month.

Quote:
Totally doable. Loved the silent run in Deus ex. Just like in Dishonored though it takes some patience and planning. There are some really tricky spots.
I'm really hoping I get done with Borderlands 1/2, BioShock Infinite and Red Dead by the end of the month so I can hop on Deus Ex. Game looks fantastic and I love me some stealth!

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~

Last edited by BiggD; 07-03-2013 at 05:53 PM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #74
EmporerDragon

Quote:
I'm not aiming to disrespect or diss Emperor, but waiting to buy them until you're ready to play them makes the most logical and financial sense in my mind.
As stated before, I prefer to buy them when I can find them for cheap rather than hunt for them if I do get the desire to play them.
As for the financial side, because of how cheap I get them, it doesn't affect me much in the pocketbooks. Only about 5 games in there cost the equivalent of over an hour of pay (and even then, no more than 2 hours), and it's not like I bought the whole kit and kaboodle at once; that backlog's been growing for about 9 years. If I were spending all the money I budget towards my hobbies on my game collection, it'd easily be 10 times it's current size.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #75
LordFGPorter

Francis Porter's Gamercard
Soo many

I have only recently joined this site and decided that I wanted to start 100% games, cannot be bothered to list the full list of 30 games I have yet to get 100% on, but mainly working on
- AC3
- Skyrim (with DLC)
- Injustice
- The Orange Box
- Far Cry 3
(- possibly Bioshock: Infinite, haven't decided on whether I want to do the 1999 mode yet)
LordFGPorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #76
Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

You can't not experience Bioshock Infinite because of an achievement. I'm sorry. You just can't.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:50 PM   #77
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmporerDragon View Post
As stated before, I prefer to buy them when I can find them for cheap rather than hunt for them if I do get the desire to play them.
As for the financial side, because of how cheap I get them, it doesn't affect me much in the pocketbooks. Only about 5 games in there cost the equivalent of over an hour of pay (and even then, no more than 2 hours), and it's not like I bought the whole kit and kaboodle at once; that backlog's been growing for about 9 years. If I were spending all the money I budget towards my hobbies on my game collection, it'd easily be 10 times it's current size.
I see what you mean. Everyone has different preferences on how to go about buying games based on price and availability. Well...I say it's time to take some vacation time outta work and start clearing that backlog

Old 07-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #78
otaking live

Send a message via MSN to otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
I cleared alot of the 'crap' backlog with last years GSL. Will be doing the same with this years. Cut out about 20 or 30 out.

otaking live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:28 AM   #79
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
I have a handful of XBLA titles + some full retail games. I did have over 20, but thanks to trueachievements and their Bean Dive, I am down to a few games now.

I know that I have Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3. I also have Shadow Complex. Have a few more but currently boosting and can't walk too far away from console.

iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:35 AM   #80
KillerBEA

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA 91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Without resorting to urban dictionary, what pray tell, is a bean dive? Like hummus without the lemon?
Its an event on trueachievements where people pop a small handful of achievements on as many as possible from their backlog as possible. It destroys the persons completion % but it unloads the persons backlog on to their gamertag.

The bean part is name saked from a moderator on their website called Beanpotter.

I find the idea ridiculous. I have done it twice in the past, I find it pointless.
KillerBEA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #81
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

I've decided officialy not to buy anymore games until GTA V. (I say officialy cause I said that before then saw Prince of Persia and Singulartity brand new for 15$ for both at Toys R Us then Rocksmith for 14$ at Sams)

Honestly guys not long ago I had my backlog 95% cleared and much like Bigg D I was on a roll. One friend said ''Every time I turn on my 360 I get a msg from you about completing a game,lol keep it up'' a few friends said this. But now I've been taking it easy with rushing completions. Almost all of those were done cause I LOVED those games.

But with games like Halo 1,Reach,ODST,Borderlands,etc those will take time to 1 k.

Also People don't forget about the free games coming til' December. (Another reason for my bad backlog lol)

I feel bad about my backlog cause I need to get through it. Gonna be having fun playing Rocksmith when I get home. (Screw the 2500 msp DLC for 250 gs lol)

Thanks goes to Captain Slaughter for the signature.

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 07-04-2013 at 05:24 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #82
runswithscissors

silverstorm55's Gamercard
the usual "too many to mention" answer. has to be around 50, mostly arcades (or i would take a pic to show what it "looks like")

i'm trying to get through them but then i keep buying more coz their cheap and if anything it probably goes up instead of down. meh
runswithscissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #83
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Oh, I have to add:

The Maw
Toy Soldiers
Walking Dead episodes 2 onward....

Quote:
I didn't care one bit for Oblivion. Maybe because I played it after Skyrim...

Crysis 1 was a blast with easy achievements. And Saints 3 was a tad bit too crazy for me, but was nonetheless fun.

I'm really hoping I get done with Borderlands 1/2, BioShock Infinite and Red Dead by the end of the month so I can hop on Deus Ex. Game looks fantastic and I love me some stealth!
I got Oblivion almost 3 years ago. Still haven't played it. But have been sitting on Skyrim since day one in order to play Oblivion first. Think after Saints, I'll be jumping onto them finally finally finally. Think in hindsight, should have just not pre-ordered Skyrim now that the super edition with DLC is a thing Oops.

Booyah! Really looking forward to Crysis. Enjoy all those games dude, I loved them all, Bioshock Infinite especially just left me gaping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
Its an event on trueachievements where people pop a small handful of achievements on as many as possible from their backlog as possible. It destroys the persons completion % but it unloads the persons backlog on to their gamertag.

The bean part is name saked from a moderator on their website called Beanpotter.

I find the idea ridiculous. I have done it twice in the past, I find it pointless.
Thanks! I ... think... I ... get it. No. I don't. That does sound pointless. My brain refuses to bother comprehending it.

Think I'll stick with hummus.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #84
_DaNnY_

DaBlackAlbino's Gamercard
I have around 90 - 110 retail games in my backlog.
XBLA wise, add another 60. You'd get bored reading the list and it'd take too long to type up.

Quote:
An addiction called "consumerism." I too fell victim to this evil psychological blight.
Being short of cash has really helped me to essentially cut my spending down to almost nothing on gaming but I used to spend a metric fuck ton... essentially 90% of all my spare money on games, the other 10% on food. You've got it bad when you need new clothes but instead of buying clothes you're just spending all your cash on games.

Last edited by _DaNnY_; 07-04-2013 at 08:37 PM.
_DaNnY_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #85
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
My backlog already was 7 or 8 games I still have to finish, and today I added 4 more thanks to the XBL Game Sale

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #86
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I got Oblivion almost 3 years ago. Still haven't played it. But have been sitting on Skyrim since day one in order to play Oblivion first. Think after Saints, I'll be jumping onto them finally finally finally. Think in hindsight, should have just not pre-ordered Skyrim now that the super edition with DLC is a thing Oops.

Booyah! Really looking forward to Crysis. Enjoy all those games dude, I loved them all, Bioshock Infinite especially just left me gaping.
Hopefully you'll enjoy Oblivion more than I did, lol. And you can always try selling Skyrim on eBay or something and buying the Legendary Edition I was tempted to buy it even after having the original game and all the DLC...idk why. Once I start Infinite, I'm sure I'll be blown away. I haven't heard a single negative thing about that game!

Old 07-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #87
ginge88isfun

Send a message via Skype™ to ginge88isfun

GingerSkullpion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Mine consists of...

Unplayed
1. Crysis
2. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
3. Far Cry 3
4. Halo 4
5. Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

Edit: Added a few i'm currently working on.

1. Black Ops II
2. FIFA 13
3. WWE 13
4. Defense Grid

Now with the GT: GingerSkullpion

Last edited by ginge88isfun; 07-05-2013 at 10:07 AM.
ginge88isfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #88
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Games I still need to play or finish:

Child Of Eden
Devil May Cry 4
Dishonored - Dunwall Trials - Knife Of Dunwall
Disney Universe
Game Of Thrones
Gears Of War
Gears Of War 3
Hitman HD Collection
Mafia 2
Mark Of The Ninja
Marvel Super Hero Squad
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Metal Gear Solid HD
Mirrors Edge
Rayman Origins
Resident Evil Revelations
Silent Hill HD
Sonic Racing Transformed
Splatterhouse
State Of Decay
The Saboteur
Trials Evolution - Riders Of Doom

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 63
Franchise Clubs - 7x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 11

Evo Kazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #89
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Seems to be a lot of people with the Mass Effect trilogy unplayed. GO DO IT!
Old 07-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #90
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Seems to be a lot of people with the Mass Effect trilogy unplayed. GO DO IT!
Mass Effect. Ew