Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox One Games > Shooter > Destiny
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Meet the Classes and Races In Destiny

Quote:
There’s the humans, who live in Earth’s last city under the protection of the Traveller, which is the giant alien sphere you may have seen hanging in the sky in much of Destiny’s concept art. Here’s a pic of a typical human character:

Quote:
Then you have the Awoken which according to the site were designed at Bungie with vampires and elves in mind. They’re said to be both beautiful and mysterious. Why here’s one now:

Quote:
Finally, inspired by Bungie’s very own Master Chief, the Exo are described as ‘war machines’, and were designed by looking at undead characters and awesomely, The Terminator. Here’s a pic:

Exo it is! I am not a fan of playing as the human race in any game, so as long this is optional from the start, I will start it with Exo.

Quote:
On top of three races, you can also choose one of three fighting styles. Titans are gun-heavy tanks, Hunters are more like wandering guns for hire and Warlocks are described as ‘space wizards’ – with each coming with different attributes as you’d expect.
Hmm... so you can mix & match? I'll gladly take the Warlock. Probably predictable as a lot of people will want the 'cool' looking characters and fighting style, but I like not being the normal, goofy human.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/04/dest...led-by-bungie/
Old 04-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #2
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Looks pretty awesome. Depending on the different abilities each character has, I'll probably go with the Awoken; Otherwise, I'll be going human (as long as I can create a cutie like the one pictured above. I always play female characters first when I'm given the option.) As for classes, definitely going Hunter. I'm not particularly patient enough to build tank characters or loot powerful weapons, so keeping my distance and playing a more supportive combat role is more my nature.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #3
BiggD
52 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Never really care to play as a Human in these kinds of games where other races are present.

I might go Exo-Hunter or Awoken-Hunter.

Like DarkReign, I hate using "tank" characters for countless reasons. I wouldn't mind playing around with the Warlock style either, but it all depends once gameplay is revealed and more information.

Which brings me to this question: I thought Warlock, Hunter, and Titan were originally the races?

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I'll like playing as the Exo the most too! Like most have said already, humans are boring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #5
SnowSHOWERS

SnowSHOWERS's Gamercard
I am probably doing an Exo-Titan or an Awoken-Warlock. They just seem like they are the race/classes that go together. I enjoy tanking so that will probably be my first character (of course depending on abilities they have).
Old 06-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I'd love to be an Exo-Warlock.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:17 AM   #7
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I'm so cliche ... I want to be an Exo-Titan. I didn't really know about the different looks for the races until now. But reading the descriptions with "undead" and "terminator" both jumping out at me and I'd already thought the Titan sounded most fun.

I'm sure there will be LOTS of Exo-Titans, but I guess I shouldn't care as long as I'm having fun.

Darth VeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
Cruddy Click

Cruddy Click's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Nice info, character development truely is an amazing process. IMO It looks like there's a lot of influences from other games here, which is a good thing. One character looked like a SpaceMarine and another looked like a skin from Lost Planet. Never the less the whole thing looks pretty cool.
Cruddy Click is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #9
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I always play humans (at least off the bat).. but it definitely looks like I'll be playing an Exo at the start.

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:36 AM   #10
BiggD
52 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Changed my mind, I think I'm going to play as a Warlock. Not sure which race though.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:27 AM   #11
DEG23
Robot Mode: Engaged

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Female Human Hunter, of course it could all change once more info is released
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:49 AM   #12
Akir388

Akir388's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Well, shoot... If everyone is gonna be playing the unique classes then I will probably go with the Human.

Will definitely go Warlock though. I prefer powers over guns. Although Hunter does sound interesting.

Sig made by Gackt
Akir388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #13
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Hmm...can't decide between the Awoken and the Exo. Both look pretty amazing. Not sure if I want to be a Titan or Warlock either...or maybe I will just make multiple characters to solve this issue
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #14
ExtremeRugburn

Extreme Rugburn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Awoken Hunter, nuf said.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #15
Xerofox
were given today

Xerofox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Staff Club - Xerofox   SOTF Winner   Staff - Graphics Team   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I'll be a bisexual female Awoken warlock who just likes to dry hump people online. By the time the game comes out she'll have therapy for that......I hope.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #16
Mr Random Hero

Mr Random Hero's Gamercard
I will probably go a Human hunter or warlock depending on how I do, but will more then likely give each option a try to see how they all play before settling on something. Liking the looks of pretty much everything coming out about this game so far.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #17
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Most likely will be a Exo-Tank. Although I could see this as a several play-through game.

Michigan Members Unite!
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #18
Unholy Atrophy

Everyone's going to chose the Exo I guarantee.
Unholy Atrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:12 AM   #19
BiggD
52 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy Atrophy View Post
Everyone's going to chose the Exo I guarantee.
Nah, with everyone thinking of choosing them already, they seem overyhyped. Awoken is much cooler.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #20
FinestHorizon7

FinestHorizon7's Gamercard
Since I like to go for the least common/most original kinds of character customization options. I see myself picking an Awoken-Warlock, and maybe an Exo-Hunter.
FinestHorizon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:05 AM   #21
Bane TDKR

Evil Alligator's Gamercard
Going to try an Awoken Warlock. I'm gonna be Space-Daud.
Bane TDKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #22
BiggD
52 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane TDKR View Post
Going to try an Awoken Warlock. I'm gonna be Space-Daud.
That's what I'm talking about!

Old 09-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #23
zombieinfect10

SciFiWithFries's Gamercard
Smile My pick

I'm definitely picking Exo, and I'm split between Warlock and Hunter. Titian seems too "infantry soldier" to me, whereas Warlock is a mage-like character--or kinda like biotics from Mass Effect--and Hunters are snipers, which are always cool.
zombieinfect10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:31 AM   #24
Emfulz

Send a message via MSN to Emfulz

EMFULZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
Exo it is! I am not a fan of playing as the human race in any game, so as long this is optional from the start, I will start it with Exo.

Hmm... so you can mix & match? I'll gladly take the Warlock. Probably predictable as a lot of people will want the 'cool' looking characters and fighting style, but I like not being the normal, goofy human.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/04/dest...led-by-bungie/
I can see everyone going Exo just because it looks like the Chief. I myself will probably choose the Awoken since Vampire/Elves sounds like a haste class.

Signature by Cpt Slaugh7er
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Emfulz is offline   Reply With Quote