PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-23-2013, 02:01 AM   #1
bryson 06

bryson 06's Gamercard
Bro dates?

By far the worst part of GTA4 were the bro dates. Getting interrupted every 5 minutes for another date with ur friend that if you ignore lowers the relationship. Worst is that you had to do dates in order to get better unlocks.

It really hampered my experience with GTA4. I have not been following 5 very closely, but have they said anything about getting rid of the Bro dates?

thnks

Friend Requests without a message, will be ignored.
bryson 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
From GI in December 2012

Making Friends "Players won't be spending free time wining and dining women in Los Santos, but each protagonist has his own cast of friends to interact with when they aren't preforming heists or hanging out together."

Those names they mentioned were.

Lamar ~ Franklin's friend
Jimmy ~ Michael's son
Ron ~ Trevors friend
Amanda ~ Michael's wife

Also mentioned on the same page, I won't type it all out, just part of the section.

You Better Call Somebody "GTA V preserves the mobile-phone concept, but you won't be getting calls from friends all the time. For all intents and purposes, you are your best friends.

Hope that answers your question.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:37 AM   #3
LeEk MuNcHeR

LeEk MuNcHeR's Gamercard
I use to love taking people out bowling and stuff

One time I took roman out and I took him in a helicopter, we landed on a flat building then I did the cheat for a bike and drove the bike off the edge. The way down you would hear him screaming haha
LeEk MuNcHeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #4
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEk MuNcHeR View Post

One time I took roman out and I took him in a helicopter, we landed on a flat building then I did the cheat for a bike and drove the bike off the edge. The way down you would hear him screaming haha
Haha! I didn't think it was that bad. Once I got the achievement I just pressed ignore. They didn't call up that often anyway.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I didn't care who called me, I'd always take em to the strip club as that's the one activity you can take all your friends, after a while they get fed up and stop calling you LOL!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: THE CREW

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #6
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
I didn't care who called me, I'd always take em to the strip club as that's the one activity you can take all your friends, after a while they get fed up and stop calling you LOL!
You could take three at the same time?

If I had these sorts of skills, I'd work for the CIA. Easily.
Jardinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
Nathan WV10

Send a message via MSN to Nathan WV10

x Nathan Wv10 x's Gamercard
I loved to be able to call up my homies and go out and chill with them or even them just give me a few extra missions. I'd be happy for this to be in number 5 also.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the sig and Rajeanero for the avatar
Nathan WV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #8
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
First world problems...

I want it to return. It may have been annoying, but it was good that there were more things to do in GTA IV.

iBuzz7S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:10 AM   #9
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
First world problems...

I want it to return. It may have been annoying, but it was good that there were more things to do in GTA IV.
This.

It was something to do an sort of like little missions etc to add to the game. Would be great if you could go on a date with your XBL bros.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #10
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
You could take three at the same time?
No what I meant was it was the one activity available to all your friends. I think Bowling was too.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #11
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
No what I meant was it was the one activity available to all your friends. I think Bowling was too.
There was another, blowing up the car with them in it by not throwing a grenade out the window. I created my own activity.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #12
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
There was another, blowing up the car with them in it by not throwing a grenade out the window. I created my own activity.
You failed to smash the window?
Roman's foul-mouthed taxi driver had to be my favourite person to kill. His car may have been locked, but like any other taxi driver, hit his car with a baseball bat (or your fists ) and he'd come running out for a fight. Last time you call Niko a headdick!

Old 06-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #13
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
Hahaha I feelso depressed now I never tried this..I have however drove my car into the ocean with my rasta brother inside..Lil J died and his text he sent me the next morning was not pleasant.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #14
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Quote:
Hahaha I feelso depressed now I never tried this..I have however drove my car into the ocean with my rasta brother inside..Lil J died and his text he sent me the next morning was not pleasant.
You can't kill Jacob! If any of them, it would probably have to be Brucie, even though I felt sorry for him after being acquainted with his brother in TBoGT.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:17 AM   #15
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
You failed to smash the window?
Oh, I smashed the window... when the car exploded.

Quote:
You should try it next time, I can confirm you will have a blast. No pun intended... or was it. You'll never know.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:43 AM   #16
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEk MuNcHeR View Post

Glad in V hanging out with friends returns. It was one of my favorite things to do in IV.

Ha ha why didn't I think of this. Me and my friend used to jump out of the heli in the ocean and Roman would say ''Niko were the F are you going'' *Your friend is too far away* *Your friend has been injured pick them up at the hospitol*.

Me and my friend would pretend Roman was calling Niko and saying ''Niko you dumb F'n moron because of you my leg was cut off by the heli blade,pick me up.''

*Show up do a hit and run drive away*

''Niko some A hole is trying to kill me'' ''Don't worry Roman we will kill that snake.''

Repeat.

Thanks goes to Captain Slaughter for the signature.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #17
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
-Snip-
And stuff like this makes you wonder why they still want to be friends with Niko.