PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > DmC: Devil May Cry > Vergil's Downfall
Subscribe    Donate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
Shiftie

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 5/10
-Offline:10 achievements for 250
-Online: 0
-Approximate amount of time to 250 : 8-12hrs
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 5-6
-Number of missable achievements: None, mission select
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheat codes (note: using the Super Vergil unlock will lower your score if you're going for SSS Nephilim, and is not really required anyway)
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: Yes, you must play all unlocked difficulties and get SSS on every mission on Nephilim difficulty
-Glitchy achievements: None
-Unobtainable achievements: None
-Extra equipment needed? : None

Introduction:
Vergil's Downfall takes place immediately following the events of DMC, with Vergil no wandering through his own Limbo as he struggles to gain more power and escape so he can deal with his brother. Most of the enemies found within this realm are the same demons now roaming the Earth, with a few additional enemies included that both have achievements for killing them the first time around; the very common "Wisp" and the rather brutal "Imprisoner". As Vergil fights to escape his own personal hell, he must also find some collectibles, such as the lost souls you looked for playing as Dante, as well as health cross fragments and an entire health cross, and Vergil must also spend his acquired souls to upgraded his health and devil trigger to the max purchasing items from the store, and upgrade his combat skills to battle the enemies on the highest difficulties. As far as those difficulties are concerned, they unlocked the same way they were in DMC, requiring multiple playthroughs, as well as a SSS run through of Nephilim difficulty, which can prove quite tricky until you really start to grasp Vergil's abilities.

While a rather short 6 missions long (one of which being a boss fight), Vergil's Downfall is every bit as enjoyable as the retail game, and even darker as you watch Vergil succumb to growing desire to kill his brother and rule mankind. The changes Vergil undergoes during this ordeal make the possibility of him succeeding in that task ever more likely, certainly making the next DMC game even more exciting than the first. A gap this DLC bridges nicely.

Playthroughs
During your many playthroughs you will focus on once again upgrading your character and collecting items scattered throughout the levels for I've Come to Retrieve My Power and Might Controls Everything. You will also need to get SSS ranks on all missions on Nephilim difficulty for I'll Try it Your Way for Once. All of the remaining achievements will come naturally as you clear each difficulty, all the way up to, and including, Hell and Hell.

Achievements:
We have an uninvited guest - 10
Defeat a Wisp

You'll find one of these guys at the start of the second fight in the very first mission you play Vergil in. As their name suggests, they have a sort of cloak that you'll want to lower by using your ranged sword attack so you can hit him no problem. Other than that, it's a very easy enemy.

You don't belong here - 10
Defeat an Imprisoner

You'll confront these 6 armed monstrosities a couple of times throughout the game (which you'll have to play through multiple times..), with the first encounter being at the end of mission 4.

Our souls are at odds brother - 20
Complete Vergil's downfall

Complete all 6 levels of Vergil's Downfall on any difficulty. You'll need to do this multiple times, so this will unlock naturally.

I've come to retrieve my power - 30
Acquire all of Vergil's health, Devil trigger and combat upgrades

Depending on how well you play, you should have all of the necessary items and unlocks during your third playthrough of the DLC once you have upgraded all of Vergil's abilities and purchased the 4 health crosses and 5 devil trigger crosses from the shop as well as found ever health cross collectible.

You can look HERE for my collectibles guide.

I'll try it your way for once - 50
Complete all missions in Vergil's downfall on the Nephilim difficulty with a SSS rank

Unlike your SSS playthrough as Dante, you'll want to keep up one of Vergil's devil trigger attacks for pretty much the entirety of the campaign. I highly recommend going the Spiral Sword route as this doesn't do a ton of damage, allowing you to make longer chains, but it is also VERY good at stunning enemies that come close to you if you aren't able to react in time, also saving your chain. The little extra boost in damage also helps you speed through the levels at just the right pace and is perfect for helping you cut down multiple flying enemies at once while you attack one.

Other than that, you will also want to change your abilities up a bit, focusing on Angel Mode attacks as they are all lightning fast and deal damage to multiple enemies, but you'll also want to mix in some standard attacks and most importantly you'll want to do some perfectly timed perfect slices and atomics, using your standard Yamato and demon mode respectively. Atomic is especially effective at keeping multiple heavy enemies (like the chainsaw guys or even an imprisoner) relatively stunlocked when they work alongside your spiral sword, allowing you to pretty efficiently clear even the toughest enemies without losing your combo.

As you can tell, the key is to keep your combo going, and the best way to do that in this DLC especially is to avoid extended periods of floating in open space. The less often you fall off a ledge, the less often you will break your combo, and it can be very easy to fall off (and even be launched off..kind of glitchy) of ledges in this DLC.

This is considerably easier than the similar achievement in the full game, even though the fight with Shadow Vergil may get kind of tricky, the style points requirement is rather low for that fight.

I need more power! - 20
Complete Vergil's downfall on Son of Sparda difficulty

See "You're not worthy as my opponent".

This is the power of Sparda! - 40
Complete Vergil's downfall on Vergil Must Die difficulty

Now I'm a little motivated! - 10
Complete Vergil's downfall on Heaven or Hell difficulty

Last edited by Shiftie; 07-21-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote