Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #3781
xCKJoeh153x

Send a message via AIM to xCKJoeh153x

CoolKidJoe's Gamercard
So has anyone found where to get a copy of the Dynasty Warriors 8 Chinese Version? I checked PlayAsia and YesAsia and couldn't find anything.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:36 AM   #3782
Deific Aberrant

Send a message via AIM to Deific Aberrant Send a message via MSN to Deific Aberrant Send a message via Yahoo to Deific Aberrant

Deific Aberrant's Gamercard
Hey... I swear Ms. Splosion Man was mentioned to be on GFWL now as well as 360. I'm not sure if it was discussed to be stackable or now though?

I'm not sure how you guys really check for stackable games, but I did check the leaderboards here for both versions and found "DragonessHera" to be on them both. So, I checked her activity to see if two versions came up and it did show two different games...

After that - I checked the list and didn't see it listed, so thought I'd inquire/share.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #3783
QuickMythril

QuickMythril's Gamercard
all you have to do is use the search bar in the top right of this site. "splosion" gave me the first one and also the misses has 3 versions for herself. xbla, gfwl, and windows phone.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...-man/overview/
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...n-pc/overview/
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...-wp7/overview/

http://www.trueachievements.com/Ms-S...hievements.htm
Old 06-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #3784
BigNev44

BigNev44's Gamercard
The Xbox One is now REGION FREE!!!!

"Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions."

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update
Old 06-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #3785
QuickMythril

QuickMythril's Gamercard
which means it will be stackable free? unless there are censored versions that carry different achievements sets i guess. though i would imagine they could design for them to still use the same set.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #3786
KillerBEA
New Job!

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickMythril View Post
which means it will be stackable free? unless there are censored versions that carry different achievements sets i guess. though i would imagine they could design for them to still use the same set.
PS3 has stackables and every disc has been region free from the start. I don't see stackables going away, maybe less than this gen if anything. I doubt they will go away.

Last edited by KillerBEA; 06-20-2013 at 03:09 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:58 AM   #3787
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
DW8 confirmed to stack.

And yeah, with today's news we will see way less next gen.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:58 AM   #3788
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
And yeah, with today's news we will see way less next gen.
Why is that? Seeing that the PS3 is region free, there are a number of games which have stackable trophies. Since this is a developer thing, I don't think they'd make that change.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #3789
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
Why is that? Seeing that the PS3 is region free, there are a number of games which have stackable trophies. Since this is a developer thing, I don't think they'd make that change.
Stacks happen when there is a change in publisher from one region to the next, or a publisher is forced to make the developer cut the game in some way to pass country regulations (blood/Nazi stuff in Germany, etc) or add something (new language VA/text) just to release it.

Both reasons will still happen from time to time, but it won't happen as much since publishers can print the same disc for every country. Our list is probably twice as long as theirs, and their Japanese stacks only happen because they release it first in full Japanese, then decide to translate it into English and release it again. If they just add in English from the start, no stack. No cuts, no stack.

It will definitely happen less.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #3790
WPC Darth Vader

MSX Vader's Gamercard
South Park: The Stick of Truth is a possible stack because of Nazi stuff and too many jews jokes

Old 06-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #3791
SetoChaos

Send a message via AIM to SetoChaos Send a message via MSN to SetoChaos

Kaibachaos's Gamercard
So I was in PC World today and used it as an opportunity to look at the Windows 8 laptops. Specifically, I went over to the Vaio section to have a look for that Pac-Man stack.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find it on the marketplace. Now, PC World did say that their Wi-Fi was being a little odd today so it could have been that. However, I'm wondering if I did something wrong?

Thanks
Old 06-21-2013, 07:19 PM   #3792
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Stacks happen when there is a change in publisher from one region to the next, or a publisher is forced to make the developer cut the game in some way to pass country regulations (blood/Nazi stuff in Germany, etc) or add something (new language VA/text) just to release it.

Both reasons will still happen from time to time, but it won't happen as much since publishers can print the same disc for every country. Our list is probably twice as long as theirs, and their Japanese stacks only happen because they release it first in full Japanese, then decide to translate it into English and release it again. If they just add in English from the start, no stack. No cuts, no stack.

It will definitely happen less.
I don't know if you actually follow the PS3 trophy scene at all but their stacks have been ramping up actually, mostly with Japanese games within Asian countries. I have no idea if this has to do with shoddy coding for localization's or the difference in the trophy/achievement systems but I think speculation either way for the X1 is pointless.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
Old 06-23-2013, 04:29 AM   #3793
Viper187

NoLifeDGenerate's Gamercard
I see Onechanbara on the list. Is the the only D3 stackable, or just the only confirmed one way or the other? I'd be curious if EDF 2017 stacks.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:45 AM   #3794
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post
I see Onechanbara on the list. Is the the only D3 stackable, or just the only confirmed one way or the other? I'd be curious if EDF 2017 stacks.
If it's not on the list or change log, it doesn't stack. As EDF 2017 is not on the list, you have your answer.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #3795
DavoK87

TB x UNR34L's Gamercard
Thanks this helps Alot
Old 06-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #3796
smrnov

Smrnov's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   GSL 11 Winner   GSL 11 MVP   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCKJoeh153x View Post
So has anyone found where to get a copy of the Dynasty Warriors 8 Chinese Version? I checked PlayAsia and YesAsia and couldn't find anything.
http://www.play-asia.com/Shin_Sangok...n-70-6lyv.html

I ordered it today so hopefully it's the correct stack version, was just released today.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #3797
BigNev44

BigNev44's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrnov View Post
http://www.play-asia.com/Shin_Sangok...n-70-6lyv.html

I ordered it today so hopefully it's the correct stack version, was just released today.
Beat me to it, ordered it last night when i was preordering Chikyuu Boueigun 4 cause its not being released in the US until next year,
Old 06-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #3798
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Metro: Last Light (Japan) added.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:00 AM   #3799
II N0 Scope45 I

II N0 Scope45 I's Gamercard
That will be a fun game to stack.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #3800
MaximumSwagga

Since Quake 4 stack does Quake Arena Arcade stack?
Old 06-30-2013, 01:32 AM   #3801
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumSwagga View Post
Since Quake 4 stack does Quake Arena Arcade stack?
It would be on the list if it did...

Old 06-30-2013, 02:04 AM   #3802
Viper187

Quote:
It would be on the list if it did...
So you're saying someone actually owns every japanese title and has tested it against other regions? I was under the impression this list was a work in progress.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #3803
xCKJoeh153x

Send a message via AIM to xCKJoeh153x

CoolKidJoe's Gamercard
Quote:
So you're saying someone actually owns every japanese title and has tested it against other regions? I was under the impression this list was a work in progress.
Didn't you read the part where it was specifically stated that magic is used to find out which games stack and which ones don't?

Old 06-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #3804
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
It doesn't require firsthand testing, there are numerous ways to find multiple achievement lists for stacks. The list is pretty definitive, guesswork and simple associations aren't going to magically generate stacks for older titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 06-30-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #3805
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Quote:
I'm saying that specific game is super old and we'd clearly know by now. If he'd asked about a game coming out a month from now, I'd still have given him a sarcastic answer, but one less definitive. I've been doing this for years, and I'm the one who finds 80% of them, so I think I know how it works by now.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #3806
Viper187

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party
You use a slur for the country you want to order from, then get pissy when no one responds on top of that. Well done. Why not ask this in the stackable thread (which you've posted in), where these people frequent? Although they'll just tell you Play Asia or eBay. This is not a cheap practice, so if you want to participate in it, you'll need to pony up.
If I wanted to slur them, there are plenty of real slurs for asians. Typing half the word "japanese" is NOT something I would ever consider a goddamn slur, and closing that topic was completely unwarranted. FYI, I'm not a people person. You don't want me to actually try to be an asshole. I've posted politely on 4 different sites (including TA) and I'm getting impatient.

Play-Asia doesn't even list the regular 4GB console and I despise Kinect. The one other site that someone suggested had the 4GB console at a 70% markup compared to amazon.co.jp's listed price. I've been buying foreign DVD/blu-ray releases for years directly from amazon's international sites and a few others (Canada, UK, France, Germany), and I've always ordered directly from the foreign site at the going rate in their currency. I do own an NTSC-J PS2 that I bought only for FFX International back in 2002. That only ran me $60 over MSRP, which is a far cry from the ~$140 markup I'm seeing, and I was an online shopping noob back then.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Old 07-02-2013, 03:11 AM   #3807
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Just because you don't consider it a slur doesn't mean it isn't one. Don't use it again.

And no one on the internet is required to help you. Getting impatient and being a dick about it will lower the chance that someone will. You've received a few suggestions in the previous thread. The PS3 thread has a few more. If none of those get you the prices that you want, that's not our fault.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #3808
Werewolf 115

Werewolf 115's Gamercard
So glad that now I will be able to play arkham asylum again for double the achievements. Just need to find a cheap non-goty edition now.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #3809
Viper187

Well, Nippon-Yason is shit. I order both EDF4 and a japanese 360 the same day (Xbox from Nippon and EDF from Play-Asia). I had EDF4 the next day but the goddamn Xbox didn't even ship for a week. Then it sat there for a full 24 hours after it "shipped" before FedEx even picked it up. Now I'm not getting it until Wednesday because it's FedEx International Economy instead of Air like EDF came. It's pissing me off.

Anyway, what's the deal with the Valentine Edition of Lollipop Chainsaw? I would've expected it to be on the list. No stack?

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Old 07-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #3810
QuickMythril

QuickMythril's Gamercard
Quote:
Well, Nippon-Yason is shit. I order both EDF4 and a japanese 360 the same day (Xbox from Nippon and EDF from Play-Asia). I had EDF4 the next day but the goddamn Xbox didn't even ship for a week. Then it sat there for a full 24 hours after it "shipped" before FedEx even picked it up. Now I'm not getting it until Wednesday because it's FedEx International Economy instead of Air like EDF came. It's pissing me off.

Anyway, what's the deal with the Valentine Edition of Lollipop Chainsaw? I would've expected it to be on the list. No stack?
(This edition is set to include a limited drawn package sleeve, perfect unlock code, and “Valentine Edition Special ‘W’ DVD.” This DVD content will be split between two discs. The first disc, "Happy Valentine Disc" will include PC content like an original desktop clock, wallpaper, and a trailer collection. The second disc, the "Premium Movie Disc", will include a W-cast in-game movie collection and some Valentine's Day commemorative manga.) The game disc is the same however, or at least uses the same achievement set. So no stack.
Closed Thread