Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox 360
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-11-2013, 06:04 AM   #1
antanater

antanater's Gamercard
Hardest achievement of all time?

I started to ponder what is the hardest achievement to achieve of all time. When i had ideas come to mind i started to debate with myself asking were they truly hard achievements or were the ideas i had come up with just time consuming. I would love to hear your ideas on what truly is the hardest achievement of all time. I would presume achievements that require you to be the top of a leaderboard or something similar. The only rule i would say is that the achievement must of been attainable at some time. Achievements that we're glitched and have never been able to achieve can not count. Also before you say your thought think; is it a hard achievement? or just very time consuming, like seriously and seriously 2.0?
antanater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:44 AM   #2
Spade.
Speedrunning

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

jacob xba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
There cannot be one true "hardest achievement ever." Why? People are good (and bad) at different things.

Some may say one of the more lengthy achievements, such as one of the three "Seriouslys" from the GoW series, simply for their sheer endurance. The ones who have them may simply be good at Gears, or enjoy the game, or may even have golden patience to wait it out.

Some may say a skill-set achievement, such as beating TTFAF on Expert on Guitar Hero 3, yet they may not have a niche with rhythm, or they may not have the best hand-eye coordination. I have it, but it was only a small pain, coming from a GH veteran of over six years.

There cannot be a truly "hardest" or "most difficult" achievement. There are simply those that require a certain skill-set, or the right amount of time and patience to obtain.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #3
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade. View Post
There cannot be one true "hardest achievement ever." Why? People are good (and bad) at different things.

Some may say one of the more lengthy achievements, such as one of the three "Seriouslys" from the GoW series, simply for their sheer endurance. The ones who have them may simply be good at Gears, or enjoy the game, or may even have golden patience to wait it out.

Some may say a skill-set achievement, such as beating TTFAF on Expert on Guitar Hero 3, yet they may not have a niche with rhythm, or they may not have the best hand-eye coordination. I have it, but it was only a small pain, coming from a GH veteran of over six years.

There cannot be a truly "hardest" or "most difficult" achievement. There are simply those that require a certain skill-set, or the right amount of time and patience to obtain.
This.

The question is completely subjective no matter what the majority vote is. Although I do strongly believe that grind-like/lengthly achievements like the Gears of War one Spade mentions shouldn't ever really be mentioned as being hard. Those just take time and patience. Hard in my book translate to needing skill to complete the achievement. Music/Rhythm games like Rock Band's "Expert Endless Setlist" or Guitar Hero 3's "Inhuman Achievement" or even some time-based shooter goals like Max Payne 3's "The Shadows Rushed Me" are what I consider hard achievements.

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3

BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
iBuzz7S

Why So Jealous's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The hardest achievement(s) would be any achievement which requires a certain number of people online at one time, defeating someone who is ranked #1 or a champion (Fight Night Champion is a good example) or any achievement which is glitched and takes hours upon hours of trying a simple move to get it right (UFC 2009).
iBuzz7S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #5
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Something in Final Fantasy 11 probably. Topping the leaderboard in GRAW is pretty much impossible but it's not hard. Time consuming as hell though.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #6
King Dragonwolf

King Dragonw0lf's Gamercard
Quote:
Definitely 100% true. However if I there was one, it would be VANQUISH's (not sure why they made that title all caps.) beat all 6 challenges because they are pure rage. Only game I'VE played where I think luck and strategy are best friends. Limited ammo, tons of enemies, and they through bosses that require more shots to kill than there is ammo. All you can do is save EMP's for them and when you run out of ammo do a power melee and jam the dodge button while praying for a miracle until your suit cools down. I beat 4 of them but could never beat Challenge #1 and I tried like 50 times. Always made it to the final boss and my melee/pray strategy almost killed him once, but his missile barrage got me and without my suit's AR. Dead. So many rage tears. Not even videos helped. Maybe I was moderately retarded when I was playing? Eh.

Last edited by King Dragonwolf; 07-11-2013 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Forgot some stuffs.
King Dragonwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
iHappySlapped

iHappySlapped's Gamercard
Anything that requires plenty of grinding.

'Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company'

Currently working on:
South Park: The Stick of Truth (360)
FIFA 14 (XB1)
Ryse (XB1)

iHappySlapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #8
EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'd have to go with Destroy 1,000,000 blocks in Bomberman: Act Zero. The game was a launch title, yet only about half a dozen people have this achievement.

EmporerDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
andami

Send a message via MSN to andami

Andami's Gamercard
There is no definitive answer, but this list is a good place to start.

http://www.trueachievements.com/site...aderboardid=11

The ratio is determined by TA's formula that involves how many people own the game versus how many people own the achievement. The only problem is that newer games and games that are niche titles seem to have higher ratios overall, but overall I'd say it's fairly accurate.
andami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #10
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andami View Post
There is no definitive answer, but this list is a good place to start.

http://www.trueachievements.com/site...aderboardid=11

The ratio is determined by TA's formula that involves how many people own the game versus how many people own the achievement. The only problem is that newer games and games that are niche titles seem to have higher ratios overall, but overall I'd say it's fairly accurate.
The ratio for level 50 on Spartacus Legends is just silly. Most of those just take time rather than skill though.

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #11
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Silver   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Haven't even attempted it, but, The Shadows Rushed Me - Max Payne 3
I'd show my primary life-taking asset, but I don't think I can post dildos here.
Jardinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #12
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
I will never try 1) Mile High Club and 2) If they Came to Hear Me Beg ever ever again.

No fucking way.

Ever.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #13
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Silver   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
I will never try 1) Mile High Club and 2) If they Came to Hear Me Beg ever ever again.

No fucking way.

Ever.
Ha ha, you seem to be mentally scarred by that achievement. From the posts of yours I've seen, you must have about a 1 in 10 hit-rate of bringing that up.
I'd show my primary life-taking asset, but I don't think I can post dildos here.
Jardinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #14
Spade.
Speedrunning

jacob xba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver   2,500 Posts
Quote:

No fucking way.

Ever.
I, umm..have both of those. o_o

Just takes a few video guides and about an hour a piece of glorious starting over to obtain.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #15
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
I, umm..have both of those. o_o

Just takes a few video guides and about an hour a piece of glorious starting over to obtain.
Case in point lol. Congrats to you mate.

Beg: I must have wasted 2 hours a day, for a straight week, just jumping off that cliff like a fucking lemming. Took a break, went back to it a month later, same.

Landed the assassination dozens of times and it never unlocked. Fuck that. A buddy of mine got it on his third try, no problem. Double fuck that.

Mile High: COD on vet is not my cup of tea. Even this classic when I still loved the series. Must have tried it a hundred times. Only once in all those times did I even make it all the way to the end, only to shoot the fucking hostage. Attempts afterward, didn't even make the end. Proof right there of your own point

I'd class myself as Recreational-Not-So-Pro

"Hit it"
Old 07-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #16
Spade.
Speedrunning

jacob xba's Gamercard

Quote:
Case in point lol. Congrats to you mate.

Beg: I must have wasted 2 hours a day, for a straight week, just jumping off that cliff like a fucking lemming. Took a break, went back to it a month later, same.

Landed the assassination dozens of times and it never unlocked. Fuck that. A buddy of mine got it on his third try, no problem. Double fuck that.

Mile High: COD on vet is not my cup of tea. Even this classic when I still loved the series. Must have tried it a hundred times. Only once in all those times did I even make it all the way to the end, only to shoot the fucking hostage. Attempts afterward, didn't even make the end. Proof right there of your own point

I'd class myself as Recreational-Not-So-Pro
Hmm...Dr. Spade can't treat this one.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #17
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
I've just about given up on that achievement for now. Sitting at 1655G on MP3 the frustration is not worth it. Only game holding me back from getting every Rockstar completion.

**Work of Jardinho**
Old 07-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #18
Spade.
Speedrunning

jacob xba's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
I've just about given up on that achievement for now. Sitting at 1655G on MP3 the frustration is not worth it. Only game holding me back from getting every Rockstar completion.
With a status such as that, I'd be playing MP3 religiously until I got it.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #19
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
With a status such as that, I'd be playing MP3 religiously until I got it.
Well I have few achievements left on Bully too but if I were to do Max Payne then I'd easily go back and finish off Bully..

Fuck Table Tennis though.

**Work of Jardinho**
Old 07-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #20
Spade.
Speedrunning

jacob xba's Gamercard

Quote:

Fuck Table Tennis though.
I cannot consider you a man until you complete that.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #21
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
I cannot consider you a man until you complete that.
No you complete it.

Lol.

**Work of Jardinho**
Old 07-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #22
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Quote:
Hmm...Dr. Spade can't treat this one.
Thank you for trying though. There isn't enough beer in the Seven Kingdoms to change my mind.

"Hit it"
Old 07-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #23
Spade.
Speedrunning

jacob xba's Gamercard

Quote:
No you complete it.

Lol.
If I can find a level 50 or two for The G.O.A.T achievement, I just might.

Quote:
Thank you for trying though. There isn't enough beer in the Seven Kingdoms to change my mind.
No problem. Maybe you'll find the urge to just randomly try it again, and get it first try. I had that happen on a Dark Souls boss. Hadn't played in weeks and went back, BAM first try.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #24
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Green Thumb - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Rajeanero   XBA Representer   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 5
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
The problem with something like this, aside from the subjective rating that comes with an individual's skill, is that you are unlikely to get the many answers outside of the major releases. You'll get a lot of Mile High Clubs and Seriouslys, a lot of Endures and a lot of Inhuman Achievements because these are very famous games that a lot of people have played. You are less likely to get answers like Wave 100 from Robotron 2084.

Not only hat, but many people believe that the amount of time you put in is a factor in how hard something is. Seriously is not hard, it just takes many hours. Final Fantasy XI is not hard, the achievements just take hundreds of hours, since they are for defeating random high level enemies, reaching high levels or getting random loot drops. Those take only time, not skill. Skill may make them faster, but if you play long enough, they will unlock.

My contribution to the list would be A God is Born from Catherine for beating the final level of Babel. To even unlock this mini game, you need to get a gold medal on every level of the main game on Medium or Hard. Now, you can use a video guide for that, and on medium you can rewind a few moves, but it is still going to take speed and skill to pull off. After that, you come to the mini-game itself. This is a 15-20 minute puzzle where you must continuously climb higher on a tower that is completely random. It comes down to nothing but your own skill at the game. Oh, and in every version but the Japanese one, the single player version of the puzzle is glitched, as no one has advanced beyond Level 90, but you need to reach level 300. So you'll need to do it in local co-op. Now, that drops the number of levels to 160 or something, but the timing between you and your partner needs to be pretty tight. I ended up doing it solo, with one controller in each hand, since I could not get that level of timing with any of my friends. It took some 10 hours of continuous attempts before I unlocked the achievement, and that was only because I had built up enough time on the early stage to completely demolish the mid-section of the tower and get more favourable version.

And because TA Ratio is tied to many things beyond difficulty, it isn't even in my top 10 ratios. Seriously, if a game is bad it will have a high ratio, so using TA ratio to determine difficulty is rather stupid.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #25
TwiK999

TwiK999's Gamercard
"The hardest achievement" is completely subjective. For example, I've been playing Guitar hero for almost five years, so many of the achievements will be a lot easier to me than other people.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7ter for the sig!

Steam ID: EYazz
TwiK999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #26
Cpt Slaughter
A Personal Contractů

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The achievement for completing CoD 2 on veteran seems extremely difficult. Another one that I think is extremely hard is "Fond Memories" from Assassin's Creed: Revelations for getting 100% in every memory. The reason I say that's hard is because if you failed the full sync. objective, you'd have to start the entire thing over (cutscenes and everything).

"My Sun...is setting... It's dark.....so dark."

Cpt Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #27
B1SK3TS N GR4VY

B1SK3TS N GR4VY's Gamercard
Yeah I don't think that I could give a hardest achievement and a lot of the "hard" achievements and just long and tedious instead of hard. So I guess it is really just a thing about how much time you have to do things lol. Because things like Seriously 3.0 was just a ridiculous as far as how much grinding an time it takes to get. But you got things like Scavenger Hunt on Bioshock Infinite which is just super hard imo. So like everyone else is saying lol it just depends on your skill level with certain game types and how much time you have on your hands.
B1SK3TS N GR4VY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #28
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Not hard at all. If you know where every single Pill Bottle is in each level and never take cover unless you're REQUIRED to, it's a quick and easy 4 hour run for the achievement.

Quote:

No fucking way. Ever.
Seriously?! Those are easy as pie dude!

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3

BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #29
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:

No fucking way.

Ever.
I could never get those cheevos, either.

What I believe is the hardest achievement ever is "Hard to the Core" from Dead Space 2, where you have to beat the game in the Hardcore difficulty setting. Not only is it really hard, but you can only save three times.

Another candidate is "Giant Accomplishment" in Black Ops II, where you have to complete every challenge in the campaign. Some are easy, others... not so easy. Beating the campaign on Veteran (while also aiming for the best possible ending) is hard enough. I don't need dozens of challenges weighing me down, too.

Misete agemasho... Karnoffel no shinsui wo!
(Let me show you... the true essence of Karnoffel!)
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #30
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Mile High Club is eaasssyyyyyy
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote