PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #151
PhilAvery

PhilAvery's Gamercard
The disc change gives you a checkpoint not a save, so it's only usable whilst you've still got the console on (it is NOT a save, so if you get there then DO NOT SWITCH OFF YOUR CONSOLE UNTIL YOU USE ONE OF YOUR 3 SAVES ON DISC 2).
Old 06-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #152
Linubidix

Linubidix's Gamercard
Just finished it half an hour ago and the save points I used were:

Chapter 7: Just before the re-entry flying past the debris in space.
Chapter 10: Aboard the Ishimura, prior to facing the two brutes.
Chapter 13: At the beginning, shortly after leaving ellie.

I screwed up way more often on Disc 1 than on Disc 2. Died the first time against the two brutes in chapter 7, and made a couple dumb errors in chapter 9.
Linubidix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #153
ZW_

ZW's Gamercard
Saves

Chapter 7 after the swap (died in chapter nine and got tired)
Chapter 13 before the lasers (always die there)
Chapter 15 before final boss!
So freakin happy to be done with this one....
ZW_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #154
m4milo

mamilo1's Gamercard
Chapter 5: Before being grabbed by tentacle. Save room with 3 coffins blocking way.
Chapter 9: End of chapter right before going into nest.
Chapter 13: At the end of the chapter after watching movie went up elevator and saved.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #155
Brawl Kirby

Brawl Kirby's Gamercard
I'm not finished with hardcore yet but I saved on chapter 5, chapter 9, and in the middle of chapter 11 just because I was to nervous to move on lol

I'm pretty sure that I can make my way through the last chapters without many trouble though
Brawl Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #156
G2covers

G2covers's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by davhuit View Post
I also practiced the ship scene, after the last boss, to be sure to not die there
so you can die during the flight up to Ellie's ship?! you can beat the final boss with all 3 saves used up and then lose all progress since save #3 by colliding with something on the way up to Ellie?

only finished it on Casual so far but as this was after the credits started rolling i wasn't sure i was even doing anything - apart from the bit where you're prompted to tap A to grab her hand. so i had assumed 'Hard to the Core' pops after beating the final boss.

EDIT: seen it confirmed on another thread. better get practising this before any Hardcore attempts!

XBLA 100%: [8] WARP | Limbo | Brain Challenge | Chessmaster | Portal: Still Alive | Sonic 2 | The Walking Dead | Wordament (iOS)

Last edited by G2covers; 08-20-2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: resolved
G2covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #157
Neme6ben

neme6ben's Gamercard
I'm doing it right now, a few stupid deaths to start made me stop playing a little lol but now i'm pretty confident I'll nail this! Here are my saves so far:

1st: Beginning of chapter 5
2nd: Beginning of chapter 9

I intend to save at chapter 13 or maybe 12 I'm not sure, I'll see how it goes! getting to my 1st save was way harder than my 2nd for some reasons, I died a few times by mistakes, like shooting a window and then missing the red dot lol!
Neme6ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #158
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
1st: Chapter 10, right at the start of Ishimura.
2nd: Chapter 13, right at the end, before the eye poke machine.
3rd: Chapter 15, before the final boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #159
Shakeydave

Shakeydave's Gamercard
1st: Chapter 5 just before the tormentor grabs Isaac - After 2 stupid deaths trying to make it to the disc switch I couldn't contemplate watching the opening credits again.

2nd: Chapter 8 just before the zero g section - Again I was aiming to go further but died 3 times on the way back down from the solar array in chapter 7 and it was getting late.

3rd: Start of chapter 13 immediately after the drill ride -I had very few problems making it that far and didn't die once. Just remember to check your back as there are plenty of places where necros spawn behind you in these chapters.
Shakeydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #160
SicklyPlague
Not that kind of plague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
probably not the best save points but after dying countless times (im sure by the end of this i will have died almost 100 times)

chapter 3 after your first encounter with the pack, after dying to them 2-3 times and not wanting to go through all of the cutscenes/tutorials again i saved.

Chapter 7 right before the tripod elevator i did manage to get to chapter 8 but died because i thought i would be safe in the power node room turns out your not. Went back and tried a couple more times and died twice on the window because apparently a direct shot isent good enough to close it and a few times to tripods i decided to give it a rest since i was not as focused.

My next save will probably be at chapter 13 or maybe a little before.

Thanks to Magixman for the sig!
SicklyPlague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:33 PM   #161
Dombine

Dombine's Gamercard
Let me just say that Dead Space is my favourite franchise, ever! But as there's so many games I like to play and... life, I've only just come back to Dead Space 2 to go for the final play through on Hardcore.

For those who are panicking on how hard it is... Hardcore isn't hard. You can play it through with ease. The only difficulties that you need to take note is that ammo & health are scarce, the action scenes where you need to shoot a window latch or yellow spots in order to survive (because if you die then you start from your last save or the beginning), and the 3 saves.

I'm fine with playing this over and over, it's just the saves and this is what's stressing me out. I don't want to waste them but I don't want die and start from the beginning without saving it yet. I've personally, today, just played through until I got to Chapter 5 which is entering the Cryo Chambers of dead bodies. I got there and went a bit further because in this chapter you have to fight a Tripod boss in the actual church it's self.
I got to Chapter 5, went through the Cyro Chambers, un-stabalized gravity to go through the roof, stabalized it again and got to a room where it has a store, a Bench and a save point. It has a vent to progress tucked in the corner. THIS is where I saved the game for the FIRST time.

Straight after that save is the Tripod Boss and I didn't want to risk dying there and having to start from the very bloody beginning.

So for everyone starting Hardcore mode, I highly suggest playing to that point and saving it. Simply because there's the risk of getting every shot and I wasn't going to waste the 3 hours I've spent getting to that point.

I'm aiming to save the game every 5 chapters. So half way through Chapter 5, I'll play on until say Chapter 10 or maybe 11, and then I'll use my last save before the eye machine in Chapter 14?

That's the guide I'm going with and if anyone decides to follow it then I wish you the best of luck! (Let me know if you do use it)

Oh! Buy the DLC packs and use the Bloody Force Gun, the Forged Plasma Cutter and Forged Engineer Suit. These will help you greatly as you can get them for free at the very first Store in Chapter 2!! Don't forget to upgrade them! They are your friends!!

I'll post my Hardcore Progression as I get to Chapter 10 or 11.

Best of luck!

Last edited by Dombine; 07-15-2014 at 03:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Dombine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #162
UR PROLLY MUTED

UR PROLLY MUTED's Gamercard
Chapter 2 (very beginning)
Chapter 12 (before Drill Ride)
Chapter 13 (before Needle machine)

I was so sick of watching that damned intro that I eventually had it or else my first saved would've been past disc 2.
UR PROLLY MUTED is offline   Reply With Quote