PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
Ceejus

Send a message via AIM to Ceejus Send a message via Yahoo to Ceejus Send a message via Skype™ to Ceejus

Prepare to Lag's Gamercard
No posts? Seriously? Isn't anyone out there interested in this game?

It's in X360A's top 20 for 2011 video. Can't imagine why no one's said anything yet.
Completed + all DLC: 24 | Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Kazooie N&B, Banjo-Tooie, Dash of Destruction, Fable II, Fable III, Halo 3, ODST, Halo Reach, Harm's Way, Hydrophobia, Monopoly Streets, Silent Hill Homecoming, Sonic's UGC, Sonic Adventure, Sonic & Knux, Sonic & Sega ASR, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic 4 Ep. 1, South Park, Ult. MK3, WWE All Stars

Completed (minus DLC): 3 | Dark Void, Resident Evil 5, Force Unleashed
Ceejus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
berserk4brick69

berserk4brick69's Gamercard
Question

What is this game and what s it about?
berserk4brick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserk4brick69 View Post
What is this game and what s it about?
Come on, don't be lazy. All the news we've run can be found on the game's page, take ten seconds and do some research on your own if you're unfamiliar with something.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/xcom/overview/

OT: I was excited when I saw it announced, then I saw "Shooter" as the genre. I am hopeful because the original BioShock devs are on it, but Xcom, to me, isn't a FPS. I hope they can manage to still get some strategy elements in there subtly that will keep true to the roots.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #4
Polygon Pirate

Polygon Pirate's Gamercard
I'm looking forward to this. FPS or not.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
Spidey Fan Dan

Spidey Fan Dan's Gamercard
Er, what happened to the other thread in this forum, the one about the E3 video?

I posted a reply in that thread and now it's gone...

...I smell conspiracy!
Spidey Fan Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #6
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
Come on, don't be lazy. All the news we've run can be found on the game's page, take ten seconds and do some research on your own if you're unfamiliar with something.

OT: I was excited when I saw it announced, then I saw "Shooter" as the genre. I am hopeful because the original BioShock devs are on it, but Xcom, to me, isn't a FPS. I hope they can manage to still get some strategy elements in there subtly that will keep true to the roots.
wow...why so cranky?

Just by looking at the screen shots it looks pretty cool...Honestly I knew nothing about this game, but the thread title jumped out at me.

Michigan Members Unite!
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:13 AM   #7
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
wow...why so cranky?
Not really cranky per se, but as a moderator here, I see that post dozens of times a week, on things more stupid than this sometimes. Maybe it's just my personality, but if I don't understand something or don't even know what it is, I attempt to find out on my own before posting on the internet and waiting sometimes hours or days for a response.

Since the invention of the internet, or if you want to only go so far back as google, there's no excuse for not even attempting to educate yourself. We have run plenty of news right on this very site, and just googling "xbox 360 xcom" will give you thousands of others.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #8
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
Yeah the one genre XBOX doesn't need is more fps. Would of been better if they'd of given us some neat UFO-XCOM rts instead. The only way I could see this working now is if they had a system like Mass Effect you control more than one unit at a time with, that said with ME3 due before this do we even need another game like that.
theNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #9
Deviltry

Deviltreh's Gamercard
I will buy this, but still.. XCOM? FPS? Bullshit.
Deviltry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #10
Darth Bambrox

Darth Bambrox's Gamercard
I have to say I have been following this game extremely closely ever since I saw the debut trailers, It looks like it is going to be amazing and as a fan of the original xcom games eg enemy unknown, Terror from the deep I hoped to see the devs stay true to the games roots and they have hinted at this in any interview I have managed to catch, eg researching the corpses, weapons etc then being able to upgrade your own gear to use against the aliens
Old 09-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #11
TheSletchman

TheSletchman's Gamercard
I've got some friends who are huge fans of the originals who have a stance towards this game that is something like "kill it with fire". I'm cautiously optimistic though - the stuff shown so far makes it look like it could be a good game, just not necessarily an XCOM game (hopefully they manage to make it both - a good game, that's true to it's roots).

My main concern is that the stuff shown so far looks kinda like "XCOM - Mass Effect Edition", which can really only really go one of two ways. Plus the release date seems awful foolish.
TheSletchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #12
Aidexx

Aidexx's Gamercard
This seems to be one of the most interesting games for me; like LA Noire with a X-files twist. Hope this one won't be another I Am Alive project that will be delayed and then released on marketplace.
Aidexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #13
Sieberella

Sierra8486's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm still interested in this game. I never played the original but it seems like this version has taken some pretty big twists and turns since it's first trailer. Hopefully it's still the same game and hasn't been completely reworked.
Scene it! BOS

Send me a message if interested!
Sieberella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #14
AgentOrange330

AgentOrange330's Gamercard
This is the game I'm looking forward to the most this year. I played this when it first came out on the PS1 in the early '90s and then I most recently downloaded it from Steam to refamilarize myself. From what I've seen and read I have high hopes that they kept it similar to what made the original great in the first place while making some nice tweaks to make it fresh. Looking forward to hopefully seeing some new stuff this week at E3...
Well I get up in the morning and I get my brief. I go out and stare at the world in complete disbelief. It's not righteous indignation that makes me complain. It's the fact that I always have to explain. - Van Morrison
AgentOrange330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:09 AM   #15
ronnie42

ronnie42's Gamercard
Well if its the Fps then I'm quite curious about it since looks interesting.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #16
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Well it is an XCOM game, but it's no XCOM: UFO Defence.

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #17
Vidact

Vidact's Gamercard
I was really interested in this while it was a FPS but now... not so much.
Vidact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:08 AM   #18
DEG23
Robot Mode: Engaged

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I can't believe how much hate this game is getting on Youtube for changing from an FPS to what it is now?

Personally the FPS looks generic and uninteresting. After playing Enemy Unknown, i'm curious to see how this game will play out now as a more action orientated strategy game.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:34 AM   #19
wingless

Send a message via AIM to wingless

teh wingless's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post

But...the internet specifically caters to my lazy. See? You already did all the work for me. Thanks for the research (truthfully) because I know little to nothing about XCOM so far.

Last.fm / AIM = wingless owns
wingless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #20
Hoborg
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
The game's revised form is redundant and prosaic. Why add another tactical game when we have Xcom enemy known? A shooter would have strong potential if it could mirror the accomplished Bioshock franchise.

So yeah, my interest in this is lukewarm at best.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #21
PrimorialPrime

PrimorialPrime's Gamercard
Thumbs down

I like Enemy Unknown but this game seems to have very little in common with that or any of the other games in the series. I do kinda like the retro theme but so far that's the only thing that's appealing...
PrimorialPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #22
singhellotaku617

whereismymind86's Gamercard
It really just looks like mass effect's gameplay tossed into a fifties setting
Old 07-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #23
Soulreaper 1337

soulreaper i337's Gamercard
I have great hope for this game if it goes well it expands the xcom universe and gives me more ways to enjoy one of my favorite franchises.

Where is the quality control that used to exist with consoles.
Soulreaper 1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #24
Flippery

flipperys's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhellotaku617 View Post
It really just looks like mass effect's gameplay tossed into a fifties setting

Which would do very nicely for me!
Flippery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #25
Aidexx

Aidexx's Gamercard
LA Noire meets X-files!
Old 07-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #26
Soulreaper 1337

soulreaper i337's Gamercard
The first version of this game was very la noire and x-files, but those investigative non-combative things were cut from the game. From what has been shown I think of it more like x-files with brothers in arms/bioshock gameplay. For me that change from investigative/shooter to strategy/rpg/shooter is a good thing my 3 favorite genres all in one game gives me a lot of hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidexx View Post
LA Noire meets X-files!

Where is the quality control that used to exist with consoles.
Soulreaper 1337 is offline   Reply With Quote