PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #1291
Kisushima

Kisushima's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko da bos View Post
i finally got 'mile high club!' i've come to the conclusion that people who had an easy time, must've gotton lucky with the squad AI. i did the EXACT same strategy over and over, only thing that changes is how i get screwed over.

it was either half of the enemies dropping into last stand when i hipfire, or squad AI missing obvious targets. some enemies magically stand up halfway thru the flash duration, it was just aggrivating because i won by using the same strategy i used for forever. only thing that changed, is the game decided no BS on that particular run thru.

not to mention i shot the damn VIP TWO TIMES!!! lol the first time it happened last night i nearly cried, then after the second choke i was determined!

/rant over
That's your problem - you followed a strategy you saw to the letter.

You should of just got a feel for your own - it took me a couple of attempts once I'd worked out my pattern and *bleep bloop*.

Kisushima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:10 AM   #1292
PrivateLeFeuvre

PrivateLeFeuvre's Gamercard
I finally got it this afternoon. Took me about eight tries or so to get it, but it took me over two hours last night of just trying over and over again to the point of frustration too immense to continue playing.

Personally, I killed the guy in the washroom and ran up to shoot the guy in the doorway and took the left path. Other than that I just followed the same strategies and paths as the guys on YouTube. The only way to finish this mission is to get lucky. That's all I've found out.

--PrivateLeFeuvre--
PrivateLeFeuvre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:42 AM   #1293
ROB l TH3 l SON

ROB l TH3 l SON's Gamercard
This was quite possibly the hardest, most annoying achievement that I ever got. I damn near cried when it popped. (TWSS)
ROB l TH3 l SON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #1294
Sir Toggo

Sir Toggo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Man after years I went back on this one, I just couldn't leave it at 980 . Did it within 2h. Yessir!

I used this, so thanks to the uploader:

CoD 4: MHC (Veteran) - The Full Tutorial - YouTube
I just did this in under 45min. Very important hint: don't rush with the headshot!! I didn't notice the timer reset to 4 sec in the end and killed the hostage like 4-5 times cause I thought I had less time >_<

I only used this video, it shows the best path and the places to throw flashbangs. For the rest you just need some luck (I often got killed because I got hit by the toilet guy's dying shots or because my team mates didn't take out the guy in the right in the first room). At the end I flashed and ran and shot 3-4 guys from up close, I died a lot there but most of the time they try to melee you and miss cause you keep running. When you know their positions just start shooting a little before you can see them or they might hit you first.

Personally I found the 9 minute mission in the nuke base on Veteran harder than this one.

Now to kill some tv's and steal some laptops...
Sir Toggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #1295
Kisushima

Kisushima's Gamercard
Here's my guide on doing Mile High Club. First ever video so the audio isn't smooth flowing, but I'll get used to it in time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4YUpoOErWUg

Kisushima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:41 AM   #1296
ALONSOSCRACK

ALONSOSCRACK's Gamercard
I just can't get this, everytime I go upstairs the guy that is behind the other hallway kills me, I fire to through the wall but he is like invincible, I just don't know how to do it, it's freaking frustating.
ALONSOSCRACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:08 AM   #1297
Chris grafton

Chris grafton's Gamercard
This achievment took me 5 hours straight one afternoon to complete!! What an awesome feeling when i had it tho!!
Chris grafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #1298
Kakashi07

I Admit this was a real though one. There are also a few youtube movies thay might help. You just need to know where to throw the flashbangs. Some say you need to swith to pistol. To be honest that really didnt work for me. I finaly beaten it with only my smg and knife. So i've any has trouble with this too only fucus on where to trow the flashbang and keep you own playstyle.
Kakashi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #1299
Don Jose

Don Jose's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I had been trying to nab this achievement off and on for the last 4 years. Finally, I got it after a good 2 hour stretch of failing. I had even got to the end and ended up shooting the hostage a few times. Knowing where to throw flashbangs is essential.

Here's the video of my run:

Last edited by Don Jose; 02-10-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Don Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #1300
Hez

HEZ0161's Gamercard
Practice and use your flash bangs!!
Hez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:35 AM   #1301
camokazi123

camokazi123's Gamercard
Not sure if it makes a difference anymore but this video really helped me out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UVcPmex2ug
camokazi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #1302
Effy

Sentaku's Gamercard
Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but when you hide behind most walls prone, you can wallbang the enemies. This helped me kill most of the enemies. Like the little wooden wall when the plane shifts.
Effy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #1303
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko da bos View Post
wow, i was thinking of giving my 100% on COD4 another try this weekend. that video was by far the best ive seen on the mile high club mission, the step by step with pauses and description. for sure getting this done finally! lol

ty for post
Hehe no problem. I helped me a lot. This was so damn frustrating!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #1304
Asarvingorphan

eq riptide's Gamercard
my first time getting there i shot the vip xD it sucked
Asarvingorphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #1305
XxStorm19xX

XxStorm19xX's Gamercard
First time getting there: Shot the other dude in the leg. Not good enough for Veterans mode apparently. Second time: Missed. Third: Actually beat the mission.
XxStorm19xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #1306
KillerBEA
Lords Are Coming

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxStorm19xX View Post
First time getting there: Shot the other dude in the leg. Not good enough for Veterans mode apparently. Second time: Missed. Third: Actually beat the mission.
Basically the same for me, make it the first time I screwed up my shot and hit the bad guy in the stomach. 2nd time I hit the hostage and the 3rd time was sweet success.

Thanks for the signature Slaughter.
[Youtube] [MAL] [Blog] [Twitch]
KillerBEA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #1307
N00delsuppe

Antr0p0phagus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I don't know whats more frustrating: Me getting stuck on random pieces, getting blocked by useless AI team mates, them not being able to kill enemies, or guys running in a room, I throw a flashbang, they all get blinded, except for that one random dude, who just keeps running and shoots me in the head. And no, he wasn't in cover... This sucks and I actually for the first time ever threw my controller through the room
EDIT: I made up my mind: The most frustrating thing is definately the FU**ING USELESSNESS of the team mates, as they don't seem to do shit, except for being slow and occasionaly standing in the way -.- This is absolutely ridiculous, and has nothing at all to do with testing your skills. It's just pure luck. I'd say it would be even easier, if your team mates weren't there. I just actually threw a flashbang on one of those lil fu**ers head, because he just popped his head out, where the last cluster of enemies is... I hate this part so much!

Last edited by N00delsuppe; 08-18-2013 at 05:33 PM.
N00delsuppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #1308
ManiacCODS

xMISTxREAPERx's Gamercard
I tried to do it for three hours then I took 15min break and I got it on my first try
ManiacCODS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #1309
Shad0wblade

ANinjasShuriken's Gamercard
This achievement is gonna take me ages to get, its gamer score should have been way higher than 20
Shad0wblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:01 AM   #1310
EZRVo

SkyBlueMeth's Gamercard
Kicked my ass but i finally got it
EZRVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:03 AM   #1311
Davi37ggs

it really sucks that you have to be in a plane and you cant have any real gernades
Davi37ggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:28 AM   #1312
Darksam644

DarkSam644's Gamercard
This one is a bitch sure, but its not THAT bad, i got it after maybe 20 tries. rush, flash, spray (accurately) and you wil get through it.
Darksam644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:44 AM   #1313
number999

number999's Gamercard
Been awhile since I've played, but I am going to try it again.
number999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:07 PM   #1314
JSouthgate

NanmonJiei's Gamercard
Finally got this one; a huge relief to have bagged the so-called achievement of this generation. The tips here helped quite a bit. The only thing I would add is that the double-hop to shoot the guy at the end is the only way to do it. . . don't be a hero and shoot the hostage like I did the first time I got to that part. You put in enough time just getting there, why would you want to mess it up?
JSouthgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #1315
reckonerGR

reckonerGR's Gamercard
I have this achievement. no guides.
reckonerGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:15 AM   #1316
Manumanu

Armelide's Gamercard
I hate this achievement, and I hate this level. I loved that game before I spent hours on this single achievement.

I hate this dumb teamates that are absolutely useless and start shooting at enemies AFTER they killed you. I hate them so much for not stick to my ass and keep pulling the trigger of their guns on whatever shows in the way.

I hate this retarded SAS member you're supposed to be, taking his time when grabbing a new weapon to check if the color suits his socks, if it's not rusted and if the weight is well, before being able to shoot. You're supposed to be a overtrained soldier, why does it takes you minutes to reload your weapon ?!

I hate Infinity Ward and this absolutely bad walkpath that makes you being blocked if the tip of your shoulder even brush against a doorway like you had a giant elephant sized butt.

This is the latest achievement I have to unlock on this game, and the moment I will succeed (because I will.), i'll uninstall this game, spit on the DVD, put it in his steelbook, spit on the steelbook, put it on my shelf and NEVER EVER remove it form here.

This was written after my 100th attempt (above), and 2 hours of intensive tries, in an absolute anger.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:00 PM   #1317
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
I tried about 1000 times and finally got it. No joke. Like 120 times an hour (sometimes the bathroom dude killed me as I ran by, usually twice in a row for some reason. Took about 8 hours of play.

I used this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnidoA1e-dY

It helped a LOT. And really I mostly only used flash bangs the time I beat it. Until the upper floor I didn't shoot at all. Just flash, run past stuff. Your guys will move up then and clean up for you. Once you get upstairs flash the middle room and run in and shoot those guys. RELOAD. Then flash the last hall, run through and hope no one is doubled over in your way - that messed me up a lot. At the last corner with the three dudes just spray and go through.

The biggest tip is DO NOT FLASH YOURSELF. AT ALL. It stops your run and will get you killed. Toss, hide, and after you heard it pop, THEN move.

Last edited by shadowr4ven; 09-02-2014 at 03:14 PM.
shadowr4ven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #1318
timbo25

WittyMass27316's Gamercard
Getting through the first bunch of enemies on each floor quickly enough is where the most time is lost. If you don't get through either doorway fast enough, more enemies will continue to flood in, so throw a flash and storm in, you don't have to kill every enemy but do have to kill most of them or they will just annialate you in a split second. You need to get up the stairs, throw your flash n get to the grenade refill with about 20 seconds left. Make sure both your guns are fully loaded, don't take too long by the grenade refill though else a guy hides behind the right of doorway. If he's hiding there edge to your right and kill him and then throw your flash, kill the few guys in the hallway, u can ignore the guy behind seats as long as you run towards the end of hall and can kill the next two flying round corner at you then you should be able to just run to door without further resistance and hopefully in time. That's how I did it anyway. Took about 3 or 4 hour longish sessions to finally get it. Once your comfortable getting up the stairs in a good time (25/30 seconds left), if you don't get the first four with flash (blatantly robs you of blinding them even though its landed right on them and it blinds you instead a good ten metres away) you should just let them kill you as there is another four at least who will fly in pretty much straight after them and by time you've dealt with them all you will of wasted too much time. I switched my pistol for the Uzi off guy in bathroom at start but only used it as backup as it seems to take longer to reload than the one you start with and has more recoil, basically its OK up close but a bit too bouncy at a distance.
timbo25 is offline   Reply With Quote