PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Anime and Manga
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-21-2013, 01:11 AM   #12391
xTomacyde

xTomacyde's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMv94 View Post
lol that wasn't even being rude, I just thought that was a bit unnecessary to post.

I do have that same feeling as well when I'm here at times but that doesn't mean that I'll make a post saying it.
I wasn't talking about your "Post something more logical and interesting post," I was answering your Tomato question.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:25 AM   #12392
Jakez123

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTomacyde View Post
Its pronounced "tomato," ESM started calling me that. In return I call him Bronze-Chan because he is stuck at bronze division IV in league.
Crazy here you go, wasn't hard man.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:44 AM   #12393
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by institutions View Post
I don't get the reference. I must not be old enough.

Documenting my first SS :3
(Blah blah not a hard song blah blah shut up it's my first one gotta start somewhere)
Cool, you're using HR also You have a different version to that OP than me. In my version, this is my best score.

Speaking of fails

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.

Last edited by Ceris; 07-21-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:08 AM   #12394
institutions

Send a message via MSN to institutions

institutions's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ah. Your version is probably harder (though it looks like they have the same number of notes, and your score and combo is way higher).

I wanna practice a lot tomorrow and get meh to decent at it.
Half the time I mess up it's because I just suck and can't judge timing right, the other half is my mouse slipping off my mousepad. I need to get a sweet animu desk mat or something.

institutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:09 AM   #12395
xTomacyde

xTomacyde's Gamercard
I watched the new Attack on Titan episode.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

It looks like the next episode is going to be some pointless filler, but who knows there might be some plot progressing stuff in it. At the rate this is going, they might need a second season to finish.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:13 AM   #12396
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Ah. Your version is probably harder (though it looks like they have the same number of notes, and your score and combo is way higher).

I wanna practice a lot tomorrow and get meh to decent at it.
Half the time I mess up it's because I just suck and can't judge timing right, the other half is my mouse slipping off my mousepad. I need to get a sweet animu desk mat or something.
I turned my mouse sensitivity to 1.4x to avoid that lol
Quote:

It looks like the next episode is going to be some pointless filler, but who knows there might be some plot progressing stuff in it. At the rate this is going, they might need a second season to finish.
You mean like 5 episodes already?

Quote:
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:20 AM   #12397
institutions

institutions's Gamercard

There's this imouto character in Servant x Service that is super tsundere towards her brother, and she sounds EXACTLY like Taketatsu Ayana's Kirino voice.
So much so in fact, that I had to look it up and make sure it wasn't her. And judging by the comments on her VA's (Ookubo Rumi, who also did Tsumiki in Acchi Kocchi, Chinatsu in Yuru Yuri, and Yuzuko in Yuyushiki) MAL page, i'm not the only one who thought so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
I turned my mouse sensitivity to 1.4x to avoid that lol
Haha. I'll have to try that tomorrow.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:24 AM   #12398
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Quote:
There's this imouto character in Servant x Service that is super tsundere towards her brother, and she sounds EXACTLY like Taketatsu Ayana's Kirino voice.
So much so in fact, that I had to look it up and make sure it wasn't her. And judging by the comments on her VA's (Ookubo Rumi, who also did Tsumiki in Acchi Kocchi, Chinatsu in Yuru Yuri, and Yuzuko in Yuyushiki) MAL page, i'm not the only one who thought so.

Haha. I'll have to try that tomorrow.
It always bothers me when I heard a VA that sounds like another then end up wrong Oh, and I checked your profile and downloaded the version of the Ro-Kyu-Bu OP you had. Difficulty = 3*, mine was 4*. Regardless, you got 100% on 8 tries (that's good IMO), and I just tried it 10 times and kept messing up.

I downloaded all of and watched the first episode of Black Rock Shooter earlier. Don't know what to think so far. I also downloaded the first season of Baka to Test. Now I can't decide if I want to start Baka to Test, watch Black Rock Shooter, continue Hidan no Aria, or continue Girls Und Panzer...

Quote:
Old 07-21-2013, 03:35 AM   #12399
Mitch3315

parra pride's Gamercard
Quote:

First, the next episode isn't filler, the stuff shown in the preview happened in the manga.

Second, It was always going to need a second season, that tends to be the case when you animate a manga that isn't finished publishing yet. The problem is there won't be enough material left for a second season to air anytime soon.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:37 AM   #12400
Toon

v Selkies v's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteShadowMan View Post
Also i bet no one gets this reference:

I KNOW THIS. It's from The Legend of Zelda! I forget which one...the one you can turn morph into a ball and shot bombs while saving some princess on the planet Onett. Yeah! I think it was The Legend of Zelda II: Escape from The Brain of the Mushroom Kingdom. Although I never played it before...heard it's sequel was good, TLoZ III: Into the Lair of the Giygas. Soon to pick those up.

It was so hard trying to type that. Still on Madoka. It's getting better. Faces still bother me, but I'm over it.

Quote:
Kirino's VA?! brb watching.

EDIT: WHAT THE HELL. I'VE HEARD HER ALL OVER THE PLACE AND NEVER KNEW IT WAS HER. I'M SO STUPID, MY GOD.

Last edited by Toon; 07-21-2013 at 03:43 AM.
Toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:42 AM   #12401
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch3315 View Post
First, the next episode isn't filler, the stuff shown in the preview happened in the manga.

Second, It was always going to need a second season, that tends to be the case when you animate a manga that isn't finished publishing yet. The problem is there won't be enough material left for a second season to air anytime soon.
I think he just misused the term filler. He meant another pointless episode. Oh, and the bookstore near me currently has the 2nd, 4th, and 5th (?) volumes of the AoT manga in stock, along with the rest of Railgun I want, the first 3 Madoka Magica, and the first 4 Disappearance of Yuki Nagato. I want all those, except maybe just AoT.

I may not prefer manga, but it beats nothing. My phone's battery is shit and dies a lot. If I'm not at home and am waiting for something or whatever, I'll have just make sure to have at least one volume of manga with me. (I did that when I went to that 4th of July party, I took Railgun)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toon View Post
I KNOW THIS. It's from The Legend of Zelda! I forget which one...the one you can turn morph into a ball and shot bombs while saving some princess on the planet Onett. Yeah! I think it was The Legend of Zelda II: Escape from The Brain of the Mushroom Kingdom. Although I never played it before...heard it's sequel was good, TLoZ III: Into the Lair of the Giygas. Soon to pick those up.

It was so hard trying to type that. Still on Madoka. It's getting better. Faces still bother me, but I'm over it.

This anime has Kirino, Ayase, and Kamineko all in the same show. Oh, and Sayaka from Madoka. Great VA cast, Ayase's voice is earsex.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/17681/Z...ouei_Leviathan

Quote:
Old 07-21-2013, 03:45 AM   #12402
institutions

institutions's Gamercard

I've only heard bad things about the Madoka manga, but i'm hoping they're all wrong.

Quote:
It always bothers me when I heard a VA that sounds like another then end up wrong Oh, and I checked your profile and downloaded the version of the Ro-Kyu-Bu OP you had. Difficulty = 3*, mine was 4*. Regardless, you got 100% on 8 tries (that's good IMO), and I just tried it 10 times and kept messing up.

I downloaded all of and watched the first episode of Black Rock Shooter earlier. Don't know what to think so far. I also downloaded the first season of Baka to Test. Now I can't decide if I want to start Baka to Test, watch Black Rock Shooter, continue Hidan no Aria, or continue Girls Und Panzer...
Oh cool. I'll try that other version tomorrow then

Black Rock Shooter definitely looks like it's worth watching, if only for the supercell + Hatsune Miku OP.

Quote:

EDIT: WHAT THE HELL. I'VE HEARD HER ALL OVER THE PLACE AND NEVER KNEW IT WAS HER. I'M SO STUPID, MY GOD.
The Servant x Service character isn't Kirino's VA, it just sounds exactly like her.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:47 AM   #12403
Toon

v Selkies v's Gamercard
Quote:
This anime has Kirino, Ayase, and Kamineko all in the same show. Oh, and Sayaka from Madoka. Great VA cast, Ayase's voice is earsex.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/17681/Z...ouei_Leviathan
You sir, are a gentlemen, and a scholar. May you receive many blessings in your life.

Quote:
The Servant x Service character isn't Kirino's VA, it just sounds exactly like her.
Oh well, I'll still watch it for the VA. Oh, and I also sent you an FR on xbox.

Last edited by Toon; 07-21-2013 at 03:53 AM.
Toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:47 AM   #12404
Mitch3315

parra pride's Gamercard
Quote:
I think he just misused the term filler. He meant another pointless episode.
He shouldn't speak before seeing the episode then, nothing that happens in the next episode will be pointless.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:53 AM   #12405
xTomacyde

xTomacyde's Gamercard
Quote:

What I meant is that it seems pointless, and so it is the equivalent of a filler. Since I haven't read the manga or looked at it, I didn't know that it wasn't finished.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:55 AM   #12406
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Quote:
I've only heard bad things about the Madoka manga, but i'm hoping they're all wrong.

Black Rock Shooter definitely looks like it's worth watching, if only for the supercell + Hatsune Miku OP.
What was bad about the Manga? And I really dislike the Black Rock Shooter OP don't shoot me!
Quote:
You sir, are a gentlemen, and a scholar. May you receive many blessings in your life.
The anime was kinda pointless but enjoyable. Having Ayase's VA being the central character (Leviatan) was amazing.
Quote:
He shouldn't speak before seeing the episode then, nothing that happens in the next episode will be pointless.
We just have low expectations from the anime after it took them 3 episodes to move the boulder, and because of more (or should I say, less) stuff happening.

Quote:
Old 07-21-2013, 04:03 AM   #12407
Mitch3315

parra pride's Gamercard
Quote:
We just have low expectations from the anime after it took them 3 episodes to move the boulder, and because of more (or should I say, less) stuff happening.
If they kept up the pace they had in the first handful of episodes they would have burnt through all the manga before finishing a single season.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:15 AM   #12408
Jakez123

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Oh god, another crappy anime show.

Quote:

Oh cool. I'll try that other version tomorrow then

Trust me black rock shooter isn't anything special
Old 07-21-2013, 04:21 AM   #12409
institutions

institutions's Gamercard

I can't trust your opinion on anything, jake.
You have the lowest compatibility with me on MAL out of everyone else.

Quote:
What was bad about the Manga? And I really dislike the Black Rock Shooter OP don't shoot me!
I don't remember. I've just not heard many good things about it. I think it may have been something about the pacing? Dunno.

Well, it's not the best use of Hatsune Miku, that's for sure. livetune's Re:Dial is really damn good example of good Hatsune Miku.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:22 AM   #12410
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Quote:
If they kept up the pace they had in the first handful of episodes they would have burnt through all the manga before finishing a single season.
I would have said it's fair they slowed it down, but instead I'll say it's their fault for animating it too early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post

Trust me black rock shooter isn't anything special
I'm not expecting anything out of it except the Black Rock Shooter fighting scenes. I've read a few reviews that say the school part is terribly boring. Only time will tell.

Quote:
Old 07-21-2013, 04:28 AM   #12411
Toon

v Selkies v's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
Like we haven't heard that a million times....
Old 07-21-2013, 04:30 AM   #12412
Mitch3315

parra pride's Gamercard
Quote:
Well, it's not the best use of Hatsune Miku, that's for sure. livetune's Reial is really damn good example of good Hatsune Miku.
Miku isn't Black Rock Shooter, Miku is just the voice behind the song.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:31 AM   #12413
institutions

institutions's Gamercard

If they didn't have enough material they could have gone with a single season long show rather than a 2cour.

I haven't really disliked many episodes though. I thought the Armin one was really boring, and the recap was unnecessary but it was an OVA/special as opposed to being an episode in the season so I don't mind it, but that's it.
It's kinda average. Started strong then fizzled out. Now I know how people felt about Sword Art Online (but I loved that one all the way through)

Quote:
Miku isn't Black Rock Shooter, Miku is just the voice behind the song.
Yes, I know.
If I made it sound like I thought she was, my bad.

Lol. Just Cause 1 is 27 cents on Steam. I don't really want it, but I have 75 cents in my Steam wallet from selling those dumb trading cards, so I may as well.

Last edited by institutions; 07-21-2013 at 04:37 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:18 AM   #12414
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Danganronpa new episode was good now that I finally got in the mood to watch it. Also watched episode 2 of Railgun with Punk. He almost died laughing at this.

Quote:
Old 07-21-2013, 07:28 AM   #12415
CrazyMv94

CrazyMvM94's Gamercard
Considering starting up Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge, but before I do that, is it good?

MAL Steam Youtube
XBL: CrazyMvM94 / PSN: CrazyMv94
CrazyMv94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #12416
Toon

v Selkies v's Gamercard
Well, I just saw Rooster Teeth's RWBY. I have to say, I'm quite impressed. Marty has a great style of animation, but a slightly plain style of story. The animation is on point and doesn't really fail to deliver. The only "fail" I see was the voice acting. Could be better, but it was the first episode, so I can't really say "oh it's shit". Overall, 7/10. I'd recommend it to all.
Here's the link:
Old 07-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #12417
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Quote:
Considering starting up Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge, but before I do that, is it good?
It's... weird. I dropped the show because of it. A few characters has some strange fetishes that I couldn't stand. The story is goodish and the action is pretty cool. But would I recommend it out? Probably not. If I were you, I'd wait for an opinion from Tomacyde, ESM or Inst since they actually completed it.

Almost 4 AM, time for bed. Maybe some Baka to Test and Black Rock Shooter once I wake up.

Quote:
Old 07-21-2013, 07:57 AM   #12418
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
So I watched AoT ep 15. And just happened to be eating dinner as the ever so charming Zoe went into great depth about how a cannibalistic tribe ate humans. That was fun.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #12419
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, you see what i deal with in Xbox Live parties all the time? The stupidity.....

Quote:
Danganronpa new episode was good now that I finally got in the mood to watch it. Also watched episode 2 of Railgun with Punk. He almost died laughing at this.

Railgun moments - Neck Snapping - YouTube
My favorite scene from Railgun.

Quote:
It's decent/good. The first 3 episodes are fairly easy to watch, then the next 3-4 are bad, and everything after that is back to being decent. Some parts are weird as fuck though fyi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrosugar View Post
So I watched AoT ep 15. And just happened to be eating dinner as the ever so charming Zoe went into great depth about how a cannibalistic tribe ate humans. That was fun.
You're such a little girl Hydro.

Yesterday would have been a good day of watching anime for me if i didn't pass out at 9 PM. Had 4 episodes of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka finished, as well as the OVA, Death Billiards, 2 episodes of AKB, and 1 of K-on.

Episode of K-on! i was on was pretty funny. Mugi wanted Ritsu to slap her for the majority of the episode. Made me lol.

Last edited by EliteShadowMan; 07-21-2013 at 09:35 AM.
EliteShadowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #12420
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteShadowMan View Post
You're such a little girl Hydro.
*unzips*...nope, apparently not. Incidentally how does finding the lovely Ms Hanji fun make me a little girl?

ESM watched K-On, he's such a mentally challenged zebra. See, I can make asinine statements too.