Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Community Gaming Awards

Hello X360A!

A bunch of us have been having fun in a different game each week over in the Community Gaming forum, and I am sure you all know how I feel about awards, right? So, without further ado, check out these shiny new awards!

How can you earn them, you ask? Well, all you have to do is play video games. You can do that, right? Sure you can, it isn't hard at all! So come join us in the Community Gaming forum, make sure that a staff member, subscriber, or ambassador is in the game with you, and you will start unlocking awards in no time.

See you online!

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Staff Club - troy0891   Donator - Level 4   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post

How can you earn them, you ask? Well, all you have to do is play video games. You can do that, right? Sure you can, it isn't hard at all! So come join us in the Community Gaming forum, make sure that a staff member, subscriber, or ambassador is in the game with you, and you will start unlocking awards in no time.

See you online!
Subscriber? so does that mean subscribers can vouch for people, and their word is to be trusted? that would certainly make these easier to track. so how do tallies work? will there be a dedicated thread and people will get a +1 added to their total by the ambassador staff?
Old 07-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Wondering the same about how all this is going to be tracked. Also glad subs have some responsibility now.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: THE CREW

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Some more info here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=505716

The award tracking is here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=505715

Vouching announcement for Ambassadors:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=505714

Vouching announcement for Subscribers:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=505711

Change is inevitable.

Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Just a quick question with the vouching, are subs, ambs etc allowed to vouch for themselves?
Old 07-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #6
Grifter Reborn

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman417 View Post
Just a quick question with the vouching, are subs, ambs etc allowed to vouch for themselves?
If you play completely by yourself, no. If you are vouching for members who are not one of the "big 3" (staff/subs/amb), then yes. Clear as mud?

Change is inevitable.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #7
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
If you play completely by yourself, no. If you are vouching for members who are not one of the "big 3" (staff/subs/amb), then yes. Clear as mud?
I figured it wasn't by yourself, was just not sure whether another sub etc had to vouch for you.
Anyway, thanks for clearing that up fast. Glad you are the ambassador contact.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #8
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
figures....I've played in almost every event when this first started. Now that I don't game online you guys come up with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral 462 View Post
Ha! I really wouldn't mind donkey punching Darkest of Days right now. This game is just really hard to stay focused on.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #9
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Staff Club - troy0891   Donator - Level 4   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
figures....I've played in almost every event when this first started. Now that I don't game online you guys come up with this.
you already have 7 vouches, so you'll get the bronze award.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #10
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
you already have 7 vouches, so you'll get the bronze award.

^^^This.

We wanted to reward those who've been playing all along. First time we've done retroactive awards. You're welcome.

Change is inevitable.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #11
tigersrule

Tiger XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Diamond   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - tigersrule   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
^^^This.

We wanted to reward those who've been playing all along. First time we've done retroactive awards. You're welcome.
I'm already at silver! I'm going to get diamond if it's the last thing I do!1!!!!11!!

Edit:
tigersrule - (11 Total) Silver
**Red Dead Redemption; Gears of War: Judgement; Minecraft; Castle Crashers; Rainbow Six Vegas; Crackdown 2; Mass Effect 3; Need for Speed: Most Wanted; Left 4 Dead 2; Borderlands 2; Assassin's Creed III

I should be at 10, not 12. I never played during the Castle Crasher session, and even though I tried to play during the Gears session, I never got to game as I never got a response from anybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
I've never been to California, but it's going to be a shame that my first trip out there will be mostly me kicking your ass.
Community Blogs | Ambassadors | Community Gaming | Artist of the Month

Last edited by tigersrule; 07-21-2013 at 07:04 PM.
tigersrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #12
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Gotta start doing these sessions, I love awards lol. I have wanted to do a few, but when my entire family is here its just so loud and obnoxious, its hard to game with others without them hearing all the commotion in the background.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #13
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersrule View Post
I'm already at silver! I'm going to get diamond if it's the last thing I do!1!!!!11!!

Edit:
tigersrule - (11 Total) Silver
**Red Dead Redemption; Gears of War: Judgement; Minecraft; Castle Crashers; Rainbow Six Vegas; Crackdown 2; Mass Effect 3; Need for Speed: Most Wanted; Left 4 Dead 2; Borderlands 2; Assassin's Creed III

I should be at 10, not 12. I never played during the Castle Crasher session, and even though I tried to play during the Gears session, I never got to game as I never got a response from anybody.
Ok, thanks. I removed the 2 games but now I'm showing you at 9, not 10. Correct?

Change is inevitable.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #14
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy kyle View Post
Gotta start doing these sessions, I love awards lol. I have wanted to do a few, but when my entire family is here its just so loud and obnoxious, its hard to game with others without them hearing all the commotion in the background.
And that would be why I have a game room.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #15
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
The best type of room there is where you can just escape from all your problems and annoying family members. Ahhh....

CURRENTLY PLAYING: THE CREW

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #16
tigersrule

Tiger XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Diamond   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - tigersrule   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Ok, thanks. I removed the 2 games but now I'm showing you at 9, not 10. Correct?
The other list that I copy-pasted from didn't add them up correctly. It added up to 12, not 11. So far these are the games that I've played.

1. (Burnout Paradise)
2. (Red Dead Redemption)
3. (Minecraft)
4. (Rainbow Six Vegas)
5. (Crackdown 2)
6. (Mass Effect 3)
7. (NFS: Most Wanted)
8. (Left 4 Dead 2)
9. (Borderlands 2)
10. (Assassin's Creed III)

Edit: I don't know anymore.The numbers aren't adding up. Something is wrong.....

Edit 2: I figured it out. Burnout Paradise was missing from your guy's list. So that puts me back at 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
I've never been to California, but it's going to be a shame that my first trip out there will be mostly me kicking your ass.
Community Blogs | Ambassadors | Community Gaming | Artist of the Month

Last edited by tigersrule; 07-21-2013 at 08:02 PM.
tigersrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #17
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersrule View Post
The other list that I copy-pasted from didn't add them up correctly. It added up to 12, not 11. So far these are the games that I've played.

1. (Burnout Paradise)
2. (Red Dead Redemption)
3. (Minecraft)
4. (Rainbow Six Vegas)
5. (Crackdown 2)
6. (Mass Effect 3)
7. (NFS: Most Wanted)
8. (Left 4 Dead 2)
9. (Borderlands 2)
10. (Assassin's Creed III)

Edit: I don't know anymore.The numbers aren't adding up. Something is wrong.....

Edit 2: I figured it out. Burnout Paradise was missing from your guy's list. So that puts me back at 10.
Okay thanks for double checking it. I've updated it.

Change is inevitable.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:28 AM   #18
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
I got one, but theres no damn door on it lmao.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #19
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy kyle View Post
I got one, but theres no damn door on it lmao.
Somewhat less useful, but better than nothing. Can I ask why there is no door on it?

Old 07-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #20
H0p3sfalL

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Must get in on this! Can't wait to get started
Old 07-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #21
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0p3sfalL View Post
Must get in on this! Can't wait to get started
Have Halo 3? Then get started!

Change is inevitable.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #22
H0p3sfalL

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Have Halo 3? Then get started!

I did at one point lol. Sold it off a loooooong time ago.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #23
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
^^^This.

Thanks for the award, but I have to be honest....I never played Red Dead.

Quote:
Ha! I really wouldn't mind donkey punching Darkest of Days right now. This game is just really hard to stay focused on.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #24
troy0891

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
... Are you sure about that? I could've sworn that's where I first met you....
And check the GreenBook for abandoned works you may be able to lend a hand on
My Blog
troy0891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #25
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a View Post
I think he was in party chat with us when we were playing.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #26
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
Made the adjustment. You're still at 6 total, which means you keep the award.

Change is inevitable.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #27
troy0891

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
Gotcha. That would make sense. I'm rubbish at remembering who I was gaming with for particular things or who was in a party that one time when. lol. I end up telling people stories about stuff they were there for all the time
And check the GreenBook for abandoned works you may be able to lend a hand on
My Blog
troy0891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #28
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
Yup...then we played L4D and you helped me finish that off.

Quote: