Achievement Guide

aPerfektFIaw

Flawless

Finish wave 1 without dying while using default settings

Joust achievements are pretty hard, but this is one of the easiest to nab. If you mess up, theres no shame in restarting, because its only level 1.

Versus

Play on Xbox Live Ranked VERSUS and gain the rank of 5

Grab a buddy and go into VS ranked mode. Find the match and keep winning til you hit 5. It may take a while, but you'll get it eventually.

Camper

Stay in wave 1 for 120 seconds without dying while using default settings.

Kill off the baddies until there is one left. Watch the clock, at the one minute mark a pteradactyl comes out. Then 30 seconds later, another emerges. Survive those last 30 seconds with the 2 pterys and one baddy to get this achievement. If you are good at defeating the pterydactyls, by all means... just don't make a mistake.

CO-OP

Finish wave 5 on Xbox Live with another player using default settings.

Make sure its a co-op match and not versus. Find a buddy and start it up. Shouldn't take too long.

High score

Get 1st place on in game score board using default settings.

Tough achievement, but not impossible. Staying alive longer adds to the bonus points you get from enemies. And if you are good at killing the pterydactyls, just stay in level 1 as long as possible, killing enemies without taking the eggs. So when they hatch, you can kill them again for more points.

Wave 5

Make your way to wave 5 using default settings.

See WAVE 30

Pterodactyl

Find a way to defeat a Pterodactyl.

Clear all but one enemy in the first level and wait for the pterydactyl at the one minute mark. You need to hit the ptery in the beak DIRECTLY with your lance to kill it.

Wave 10

Make your way to wave 10 using default settings

SEE WAVE 30

CO-OP Master

Finish wave 20 on Xbox Live with another player using default settings.

PRACTICE, know your enemies, and find a GOOD partner to help you with this achievement.

Triple Pterodactyl

Defeat 3 Pterodactyls in one game using default settings

See Pterydactyl for details on defeating one. Kill 3 of these in one run through for this achievement.

Wave 30

Make your way to wave 30 using default settings.

Finishing wave 5 shouldn't be a problem. Finishing Wave 10 is a little challenging, but not too hard. Wave 30 is where you'll run into some problems. No easy way around it, you'll just need to practice.

Wave 100

Make your way to wave 100 using default settings.

You may have heard that this achievement is glitched. Apparantly its been fixed, but I don't recomment trying for it if you can't even get the wave 30 achievement. For the experienced Jouster only.

• 7 months later...

I got this game a while ago, and today I tried to unlock my first achievements for this game. I did everything the descriptions said to do to get the achievements 'Flawless', 'Pterodactyl' and 'Wave 5', nonetheless I didn't get any achievement. Do I first have to do something before I can unlock any achievements, or what am I doing wrong? I'm quite mad about this, because I don't understand why. I got the 'Flawless' achievement like 8 times (its so damn simple) and I still didn't unlock it. That's ultimate frustration:P. So... can anyone help plz? And how can you play an xbox live game? If I choose that option, I can only choose a profile to sign in, nothing more. I can only play the arcade game and VS game. Please help!

P.S. I'm using the default settings, at least that is what my 'setting' says, I pressed several times the x-button to make sure, so that's not it. However I start with 5 lives, is that normal?

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Well... another piss-poor achievement guide! Where are the GS values for each achievement? What is the high score that needs to be beaten for the "High score" achievement... it would have been nice if that was mentioned (too much trouble)?! No achievement pictures, either?!!

It's no wonder there isn't post after post, from people saying how great this guide is - BECAUSE IT ISN'T! It's so-so, but needs improvement!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Well... another piss-poor achievement guide! Where are the GS values for each achievement? What is the high score that needs to be beaten for the "High score" achievement... it would have been nice if that was mentioned (too much trouble)?! No achievement pictures, either?!!

It's no wonder there isn't post after post, from people saying how great this guide is - BECAUSE IT ISN'T! It's so-so, but needs improvement!!!

You're too nice, this guide doesnt need improvement, it needs someone who has actually completed it! This guy has also done a guide for Robotron lol. Sorry, but you have no right to write a guide for such games if you can't even get to wave 30 seriously?